TEW2020 or 2016 as a total newcomer?

I've played both demos already but I have a difficult time trying to decide which version should I buy.

Which version do you think is better?Which version should I buy as my first TEW?

If you are still torn between the two on which to buy, I'd definitely say go with the updated version as it is constantly being worked on, modded, and discussed within the community here so the experience will be the most capsulating.

Initially coming into this post I would've said TEW 2016 as it is a stretch easier to understand, but if you've played both demos and are coming out undecided.. I think you can handle 2020 and won't be deterred as much as some coming in saying it was confusing from the jump. :)

I'm also inclined to agree with the above. I've only been playing since TEW 2013, so i'm hardly an expert and in time I do plan on moving to TEW 2020... just finishing off in 2016. There will be a learning curve for me, coming from 2013 and 2016, but that's fine.

Right at this moment, I'd say 2016 is the better game - primarily as it's a lot more polished.

If I was determined to start a long-term save game right now, I'd do it in 2016.

However, 2020 should continue to be improved, and will have much more long-term support.

Given that they're the same price, I'd go for 2020. Just don't start a serious save game immediately.

Hmmm. If you're coming in cold, I think I'd go with 2020, mainly because you won't have to unlearn the stuff that worked in 2016 but doesn't in 2020. I've got both versions on my laptop, but I haven't opened 2016 since 2020 Beta started, other than to convert a database.

<p>TEW2020 hands down, absolutely no question about it. It’s already the better game (minus a few annoyances that should hopefully get addressed) and it’s only going to continue to get better with each patch.</p><p> </p><p>

Patches are only twice weekly now too, so I’m assuming big leaps ahead from now on with each patch.</p><p> </p><p>

On a personal note, there’s absolutely no WAY I could play TEW2016 now, which is why this isn’t even a question to me.</p>

<p>TEW2020 as well.</p><p> </p><p>

As a new player it is easier to not notice the small errors and complaints that regular fans of the product has, and you wont notice lacking Quality of Life things that were in the previous game. While 2020 has some absolutely amazing features like the Attributes, Revamped Momentum System, Child Companies.</p>

Right, purchased TEW2020 and WMMA5, thanks again everyone.

You made the right call. There is a learning curve to TEW 2020, but I've found considerably improved nuance and realism in everything from negotiating to momentum from the 2016 version. Enjoy!