Unrealistic AI Booking

Currently running a save with a developmental fed for 21CW and as I'm keeping track of the 21CW booking to see what my call ups do I've noticed some strange booking choices from the AI. The latest example of this is Cain Carlile was called up a few months ago, barely gets on shows, never won a match. On this weeks TV he lost to BW Eddie..... In a cage match...... half way down the card..... with no build or storyline. I don't think any real world company would book a random cage match, outside of a feud, with a jobber, half way down a usual episode of a TV show. Maybe you'd get it under one of those circumstances, maybe two but doubtful under all of them.

Agree with a lot of this.

I'm willing to believe the AI might call someone up and misuse them. The call up is a victim of backstage politics or "has to pay their dues" or what have you. But you would think the AI would make more out of new signings and think to debut them in ways that feel purposeful.

Similarly, while it's nice to see the AI utilizing gimmick matches, it's completely unbelievable (and immersion breaking!) to see a jobber thrown into a cage match with no build up and no apparent purpose.

Maybe we could set a flag on certain gimmick matches, differentiating the ones the AI might use casually with those that should be saved only for storyline feuds.

That way, we could set a Hardcore match as one the AI might use without build up -- after all, it likely wouldn't be immersion breaking to see a jobber thrown into that, provided the company itself had a product that allowed for Hardcore matches. Attitude Era WWF/WWE would frequently feature Hardcore matches without build up.

Likewise, a Submission match -- I'm willing to imagine the commentators talking about how the jobber has been bragging backstage about his submission skills and now it's time to "put up or shut up."

Whereas a Cage match (or Last Man Standing, Iron Man, etc.) could be saved just for opponents in a feud. You could even set it so the gimmick match only takes place if the opponents have already met in a regular match since the feud has begun.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheChef" data-cite="TheChef" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50277" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I take it you don't watch WWE...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> When was the last time that happened in WWE? must've been a long time ago. Obviously NXT had a cage match overload recently to try and throw everything against AEW, but they weren't random jobbers put in there with no build.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Also edenborn just to clarify, I'm not complaining about the call up misuse, not everyone can be a star and people do get misused, I only included that to show just how random it was to see someone with no build/momentum or anything of any note in that cage match.</p>

When was the last time that happened in WWE? must've been a long time ago. Obviously NXT had a cage match overload recently to try and throw everything against AEW, but they weren't random jobbers put in there with no build.

Haha, well maybe not that specific example but it's the type of crap they book. Not long ago they had an actual jobber hold their WWE title for like six months (Jinder).

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheChef" data-cite="TheChef" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50277" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Haha, well maybe not that specific example but it's the type of crap they book. Not long ago they had an actual jobber hold their WWE title for like six months (Jinder).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> To the best of my knowledge, 21CW weren't trying to crack the India market by putting Cain Carlile in a cage match but I guess I could be wrong. Even then though, Jinder was on TV regularly and won his last 4 televised matches before winning the title. Agreed it's not enough build to get the jobber stink off him, its some build, not a random jobber in a wasted gimmick match early on in a throwaway tv show.</p>