<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="GAVINR05" data-cite="GAVINR05" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50316" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>From the Screen size being ****ed to the constant demand for updating the game, surely any update should self install? Awful</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There's absolutely nothing wrong with the screen size, and applying updates is both not compulsory and exceptionally easy to do. The game's clearly not unplayable, and if you want to make your points then you'll get a much better response if you're a bit less petulant about it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="GAVINR05" data-cite="GAVINR05" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50316" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes probably right, but getting nowhere fast so far....... Just frustrated tbf</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The patches will get less frequent as the game gets more stable I imagine, most games have a lot of patches early on in their life, and it's not a huge file to download. Just need to persevere with that I think.</p><p> </p><p> What's your screen resolution & what's the issue you're having with the game?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="GAVINR05" data-cite="GAVINR05" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50316" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>1280 x 1024 <p> I Cannot seem to fit it to screen so cannot seem to access any menu on right hand of screen</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The resolution of TEW 2020 is 1366x768, Adam made the switch for WMMA5 and I imagine it'll be the same for his games for a little while. Are you able to increase your resolution or use a larger screen?</p><p> </p><p> Not sure if there's any other way around it, maybe someone who's had to find a workaround can help with that one.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="GAVINR05" data-cite="GAVINR05" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50316" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>RE-installed it again,same problem. PC not the problem runs Football manager easily a far more complex piece of software,with higher data usage</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The game has a fixed resolution. It's neither your PC's fault nor the game's fault. If the only issue your having is the screen size, you either need to change the resolution setting on your PC or use a different monitor if you have one.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="GAVINR05" data-cite="GAVINR05" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50316" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Surely the Screen size should be changeable? I'm paying £30 then needing a new monitor? What other pc games dont allow this?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I believe it’s a limitation of the software used to create the game, so presumably there are quite a few games, that don’t have the budget of a Football Manager, that have a fixed resolution. I imagine it’s one of the reasons there’s a free demo.</p>

A game Ive always enjoyed and supported, and I hope all others enjoy the game. As an old over 40's guy I cant really support a hobby by paying for one monitor for a game. Its more or less a text based game surely there should be an option to change screen res? Hey- ho I enjoyed it in years gone by. As a previous poster said, yes I was a bit petulant but also a bit disappointed. I'm not the most PC savvy dude. I apologise for any offence G

Hey don't sweat it mate. As another user said, you should be able to change your screen resolution rather than purchase a whole new monitor/PC just for this game.

I'm on Mac and have to change resolution every time I boot up the game. It's a little bit of a nuisance but nothing game-breaking. Give it a shot (you might have to Google how to do this, I'm unsure how Windows users change resolution these days) and hopefully you can get this sorted.

Okay this whole conversation is stupid.

1) The game has a fixed resolution. You need to adjust the settings on your computer to increase the resolution of your monitor.

Google: how to change resolution on (insert your computer type. Is it Windows? Is it a Mac?)

2) I played TEW on a teeny tiny laptop with a resolution of like 500x300. Thing was so small it fit into my pocket.

There is software you can download that lets you increase your resolution beyond what the monitor supports and then you basically scroll around your desktop when the mouse hits the edge.

If you're playing on a teeny weeny laptop screen then I can assist you with finding something that lets you do what I did and you can still play TEW even on an undersized monitor.

No offense dude, but your monitor must be quite old. Your resolution of 1280 ×1024 had it's peak market share in 2007, 13 years ago.

The resolution of old games was 1024 x 768 lost the lead in market share in 2010, 10 years ago. The games new resolution 1366×768 became the market share lead in 2012, 8 years ago, full HD (1920 x 1080) is in a close 2nd place today, between the two, the majority of users.

1024 x 768 for the vast majority of players today is TINY. I am sorry you are frustrated, but unfortunately you have to cut off 15+ year old hardware at some point from support.

I don't personally think copy and pasting an EXE file over an old one is a big deal and I am not going to complain about all these bugs being stamped out in rapid fashion. It may suit you to come back in two months when most of the major patching is done.

As an alternative something like this would work:

http://ynea.futureware.at/cgi-bin/infinite_screen.pl

Also you don't have to be a tech guy, you just have make sure to read the instructions carefully.

If you need help installing it and getting it to run shoot me a PM.

Just so you know, it is kinda annoying. Like it works but you can only ever see part of the screen at one time so if you can, you can get a new monitor for < $100 that will work fine.