Announcers & Color Commentators

<p>It sure does matter. I just had Wolf Hawkins an Aaron Andrews do a "Spectacle" match to end their feud and they got a 94 and 96. Only red was for announcing, which dropped it to an 80. </p><p> </p><p>

Seems egregious, but if the game is going to do that they need to up announcer numbers yesterday.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MikeSc" data-cite="MikeSc" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50371" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It sure does matter. I just had Wolf Hawkins an Aaron Andrews do a "Spectacle" match to end their feud and they got a 94 and 96. Only red was for announcing, which dropped it to an 80. <p> </p><p> Seems egregious, but if the game is going to do that they need to up announcer numbers yesterday.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> To be fair, Spectacle/Epic have almost never been better than a normal match aim, even with the best workers in the game.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MikeSc" data-cite="MikeSc" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50371" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Regardless, the announcing dropped the match from a 95 in-ring to an 80. So it seems important.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There are a lot of factors which go into match ratings. One might have been flagged, but others are hidden. It wouldn’t have been solely responsible for that drop.</p>

<p>It was flagged 4 times. And that would be the high end of my announcer rating for any match. Seems pretty obvious looking at it.</p><p> </p><p>

I had issues with matches that *should* have hit high enough always getting dinged for announcing on TV for several weeks leading up to it until I put in the "A" announcers on every show, which made that issue go away. There is a pattern to it, not just the one instance.</p><p> </p><p>

Announcers are too heavily weighted into match ratings for how few truly great announcers exist in the game world. I either take the chance that Mitch Naess won't be busy in PSW on my big shows or I outbid SWF on Duane. Those are the 2 available options. Neither is exactly ideal.</p><p> </p><p>

And there are 9 colour commentary people in the game who could be a 90, 3 of which have a small enough range to be semi-sure. It makes having any kind of pop over 77 a crap shoot unless you start as SWF.</p>

<p>Did some testing on this, if anyone's interested. Rocky vs Scythe, both edited to 100 in everything (stats and pop), both getting 100 in-ring in every test.</p><p> </p><p>

I tried with Jerry Eisen, Ana Garcia and Emma Chase, then switched lead announcer to Duane Fry instead of Jerry Eisen, then ditched Ana to have just Fry and Emma. Ran the card five times with each combination.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Eisen/Ana/Emma 94/88/91/90/86 (average 90) </strong>- negative notes for Eisen, Ana, poor announcing</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Fry/Ana/Emma 91/93/95/91/94 (average 93) </strong>- negative notes for Ana, storyline low heat</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Fry/Emma 94/98/99/95/99 (average 97)</strong> - negative notes for storyline low heat</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MikeSc" data-cite="MikeSc" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50371" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It sure does matter. I just had Wolf Hawkins an Aaron Andrews do a "Spectacle" match to end their feud and they got a 94 and 96. Only red was for announcing, which dropped it to an 80. <p> </p><p> Seems egregious, but if the game is going to do that they need to up announcer numbers yesterday.</p></div></blockquote><p> Your score got knocked from 95 to 80 because of the fact you booked it as a Spectacle and probably your Road Agent notes NOT because of your minor announcer penalty </p><p> </p><p> I can hit Austin vs The Rock scores of 100 getting both an announcer and colour commentator penalty, it’s absolutely not that big a deal </p><p> </p><p> As someone else has pointed out already, Spectacle matches aren’t very good. I never use them. Much better off doing a 20 minute, normal match, with Open, Call in Ring and Slow Build. Bet you wouldn’t have got an 80 then</p>

I'm guessing Spectacle had something to do with it.

I'll also wager the 81 pop cam the game put on Wolf did as well. Andrews was at a 90. Even so, if I do the math on just that (((81 + 90)/2)+95)/2 = 90.25. So the match would have been downgraded 10 points for a combination of spectacle and announcers.

My CZCW save ran into the same issue where I would 85% of the time get my announcers taking down matches to the top of their range with the occasional big match where they stepped up.

If it was *only* this match I would have accepted it as an anomaly. This is a running theme when you reach the point of needing 80+ scores on main events and those 4-6 points that get shaven off (rough average) kill shows.