Moving to using monthly contract types

Hi guys.

I've started my own company and have began with using per show contracts over per month contracts for workers as it was much cheaper.

My question is what is the benefit of changing to monthly contracts and how on earth do I go about it as it will cost me way more per month to do this.

I've just became a big company and per month I have 4 A shows, 4 B shows and 1 event.

For a major star (who doesn't work b shows) I'm spending around 15,000 per month (3000 per show) . If I want them on a monthly contract they request closer to 80,000 per month. I'm only making profit of 800k per month so would not be able to afford this but I need the security in their contracts. Or am I just as secure with exclusive written per month contracts?

I'm struggling to see the benefit of per month contracts but most company's use them so there must be a benefit I'm not seeing

(I don't currently have house shows as workers need to be monthly paid to work on them)

But would this extra revenue be worth it?

I currently have 52 workers (some work on handshake deals with other companies)

My popularity in USA regions is currently 77/78.

87% prestige, 94% momentum, 8th in world

Have a company dojo at 90% training and facilities

Thanks

If you're paying someone $15,000 per show they'd probably also want a guaranteed downside so that they still earn money if they're not used. With a monthly contract they get paid whether they're used or not.

If you do have them available for house shows then you also get the added benefit of house show money and your company/their popularity increasing, but obviously not as much as if they were on TV or an event. You can also use house shows to test workers working together to see if they have good/bad chemistry. Essentially for the extra $5,000 (you'd be paying them $75,000 for four shows and an event) you can have them work three house shows a week (or more if you like) per month.

As far as I can tell, the only difference between the Written PPA and Monthly is house show availability. I've got some road agents on PPA for this exact reason. I can still make money off their merchandise while also only having them on the shows I run. Since I don't care about house shows, this saves me money. Granted, I'm on a RTG so most guys I try to steal I have to offer no house shows.

<p>If you want a worker on an exclusive contract (which I assume is the case because you said, <em>"I need the security in their contracts"</em>) then they will ask for more money because they won't be able to work elsewhere to earn money through being booked, merchandise sales etc.</p><p> </p><p>

If you gave them a contract for five shows a month (four TV and one event) they could still earn a lot more getting bookings and merchandise sales in other companies on the days/shows that you're not booking them. Essentially you're paying extra for them to not do that.</p>