I mentioned this before, but it was felt it was normal. But after running a year watcher game I’ve noticed a ridiculous increase for a worker. It’s quite hard to fathom when trying to make a balanced game. How to stop nearly every worker tonhit decline end up with 90 basics/safety/consistency.

32-33 year old

decline age: 33

Potential: fundamental = very low

Worked 35 matches, highest 100

Picked up an injury in June for1 year (assume its a work through one)

Basic jan = 48, dec = 75

Has: Not a natural attribute

36-37 years old

Decline age: 36

Potential: fundamental = low

Basics jan = 67, dec = 84

Safety jan = 61, dec = 78

40 matches, highest 97

Has: not a natural attribute

Aerial - seems to increase a lot too. Seems there are no penalties for the size of the worker

Big heavyweight

31-32 years old

Decline: 39

Potential: fundamental = very good

Primary = average

Basic jan 77 - dec 92

Flashiness jan 17 - dec 30

41 matches, highest 99

26-27 years old

Decline: 36

Potential: fundamentals = very good

Basic jan = 62 - dec = 86

Safety Jan = 56 - dec = 80

Consistency jan =65 - dec = 78

75 matches, highest rating 67

Also should a worker be able to progress to 100 in anything if they are set to lower than excellent potential?

Most workers are able to develop a high degree of proficiency with Basics because they're, you know, the Basics. The Potential for a wrestler isn't just a flat limit applied to all stats across the board, it's impact varies depending on their destiny roll and the type of skills that are being developed.

Basics are not all that important for getting a high match rating, they're just important for avoiding absolutely abysmal ratings. For instance, someone with 100 Basics but 5 in the more important In-ring stats, they'll never score higher than, probably, an E+ without someone to carry them through the match. At the very least, though, they won't drag down a match against a good wrestler too badly.

Most workers are able to develop a high degree of proficiency with Basics because they're, you know, the Basics. The Potential for a wrestler isn't just a flat limit applied to all stats across the board, it's impact varies depending on their destiny roll and the type of skills that are being developed.

Basics are not all that important for getting a high match rating, they're just important for avoiding absolutely abysmal ratings. For instance, someone with 100 Basics but 5 in the more important In-ring stats, they'll never score higher than, probably, an E+ without someone to carry them through the match. At the very least, though, they won't drag down a match against a good wrestler too badly.

It still seems strange though. Your going to have a every poor worker with very low potential hitting 90+ basics. If that’s the the case then for mod making purposes we need to know because everyone who’s passed time decline needs to have the same

You are confusing Potential for Destiny. Potential dictates the pace of how quickly they develop, Destiny is how far they can go.

I asked Adam about it a long time ago and he said potential sets the cap. I don’t think that’s changed in 20 I could be wrong

I asked Adam about it a long time ago and he said potential sets the cap. I don’t think that’s changed in 20 I could be wrong

We're both wrong, I consulted the handbook. Potential basically weights the Destiny roll. The higher their potential the higher the roll will be on average. I remember it influencing development, but I probably confused this for WMMA.

We're both wrong, I consulted the handbook. Potential basically weights the Destiny roll. The higher their potential the higher the roll will be on average. I remember it influencing development, but I probably confused this for WMMA.

Well no, without being rude I’m right lol. Potential sets the cap (destiny roll)

It doesn't though. Potential buffs the destiny roll, it isn't the Destiny roll itself.:p

therefore potential sets the cap. Which is why you have from very low/excellent. Because if it didn’t there would be no point in having different potential.

Your just calling it destiny I’m calling it cap.

Back to the original point. Don’t you think it’s strange than someone with very low potential is hitting that high value in such a short space of time?

therefore potential sets the cap. Which is why you have from very low/excellent. Because if it didn’t there would be no point in having different potential.

Your just calling it destiny I’m calling it cap.

Back to the original point. Don’t you think it’s strange than someone with very low potential is hitting that high value in such a short space of time?

No, you can roll a low destiny roll with high potential, it's not a cap (other than it ensures you can't roll less than 6, in my upcoming example, I suppose) it's like a +5 Dagger of Slaying. Potential is the +5 to your 18 to save the princess, and the 1 you roll is your destiny telling you that she's in another castle. High potential is good, but it doesn't cap anything. You can still have a game where the Rock will Billy Gunn out on you. It will just be very rare when it does.