Too much frustration, what to do??

Too much frustration, what to do??  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Too much frustration, what to do??

• Work through it, keep my current dynasty
    • Make changes in the editor and start over with NXT
    • Start over, but with another real world company

Guys, I am getting increasingly frustrated with my NXT dynasty. I know that I am losing predictors and followers because I keep changing up what I do. I thought playing as a developmental company would be fun. The booking has been, but everything else, not so much.

Playing as NXT, so far I have had almost 20 members of the roster that are set to be called up by WWE. Names like Finn Balor, Velveteen Dream, Adam Cole and Roderick Strong, Charlotte Flair, Matt Riddle, and several road agents. It's getting increasingly tough to do anything because every time I make a plan, I find out I'm about to lose another talent or road agent. Not the way I want to play, and I really have no interest in playing as a big company like WWE.

So I have 3 options. I can either just continue to go as is, knowing that WWE will continue to deplete my roster and force me to make changes all the time, or I can set the editor to make NXT a separate company from WWE and start over. If I did this, I would combine it with NXT:UK, rename NXT:UK, and make it a developmental company. NXT is big enough that it could use a child company, in my opinion. Or the 3rd option is I can start over and forgo using NXT. There are a number of other options in my real world mod that I can use. AEW, ROH, Impact, or maybe NWA or MLW. Although some of these already have dynasties in play which I most likely wouldn't be able to compete against, and I haven't seen another NXT dynasty, it might be good to start fresh with a totally different company not associated with WWE.

So I'm going to leave these polls open until Monday, at which time I will make a final decision and stick with it. Although I have to say, if sticking with my current dynasty ends up winning the vote.. I'm just not sure. I'll leave it as an option though.

On a side note, is anybody else feeling my frustrations with playing as a developmental company??

For those that vote, feel free to tell me why you voted the way you did. I'm not going to say that my decision won't be influenced by the vote. I've got a pretty good idea what I want to do, I just hope I can get enough support and followers and people predicting to fully do what I want to do.

For those that vote, feel free to tell me why you voted the way you did. I'm not going to say that my decision won't be influenced by the vote. I've got a pretty good idea what I want to do, I just hope I can get enough support and followers and people predicting to fully do what I want to do.

I just think when you play NXT, and you don't also control WWE. Then this has to be something that you know is going to happen. The AI is going to see how good and over your guys are. It's going to see how trash everybody on its roster is, and it's going to make appropriate call ups. WWE being erratic and disrespectful to your booking is frankly, highly realistic as well. Jim Cornette still blows a tire every time somebody brings up OVW. So, I'd just suck it up personally. Half the fun of running dev companies is stuff like this. But your game, your diary, your sanity.

I know that I am losing predictors and followers because I keep changing up what I do.

This isn't Youtube where you have monetized content and stuff like likes, subs etc.. Just have fun.

Also, play Cornellverse. Much more fun and balanced. :cool:

This isn't Youtube where you have monetized content and stuff like likes, subs etc.. Just have fun.

Also, play Cornellverse. Much more fun and balanced. :cool:

I burned out on my CGC diary because I got way too focused on what people wanted instead of what I was doing and I just flamed out because of it. Regret it.

Writers block is the worst but in your case the WWE is your worst enemy personally I would go with option 2 with a twist of 3. make a new company branch off from NXT a real life brand split. your stars from both NXT & NXT-UK that would jump ship go, with you. then start a feud with NXT for story purposes. that way you

A. can keep your current dynasty and gain followers and predictors.

B. Run the stories you want cause lets face it who wants to write somewthing they don't enjoy.

C. You can start tiny to small, give yourself a "Loan" and go for it

PS. Don't ever think you can't compete, just by writing you are doing better than most. and remember everyones favorite shows gain and lose viewers and they all go through a creative slump

Improvise Adapt Overcome my friend.

While I can understand how it can be frustrating, it also adds some spice to things. One idea that I tend to use is to have more factions/stables running around so that when one wrestler might be called up, it can be next man up in the group etc and recruit someone for the last spot. I get it can be a bit of a revolving door and it certainly plays into the whole long term planning thing. If you want long term planning with fewer (although then you can lose the wrestler to a bigger company), play another company without having the child/development company or simply disable that aspect in the next save.

Just my quick thoughts, good luck though on what you decide.

If you aren't having fun, that's saying a lot right there. If you are having fun always continue it. I think you posted something like this before and if I remember correctly I had said something im gonna say again...... Don't worry about peoples opinions or if you get replies or not!!! People will come and go, people will not follow you because they just dont want to. Just have fun, if you dont like your NXT diary anymore, try something new. Do whatever you truly want to do... because you could do something everyone would like to see, and still get 1-2 replies if even that. Just have fun and enjoy the game :)

Also I am currently playing NXT on Questlove's mod. I had Breezango and few road agents called up but nothing else. I'm only about 4 months in tho so im not sure.

<p>Thanks all for the advice. I honestly tried to go to the editor and remove NXT from being a WWE developmental company, but then I ran into all kinds of problems with that. I briefly thought about using AEW. I had some other thoughts. When it came right down to it, I think I've made a decision. I've invested a lot into this dynasty, and although it might be a little frustrating to lose such talent, I can always use talent trades, alliance loans, borrow wrestlers, stuff like that. So as much work as I put into setting up the tournaments, I think I owe it to myself to see this out. So.. regardless of what the results of the poll say, I'm going to continue this dynasty as is, and hope for the best.</p><p> </p><p>

Now, that's not to say I may not eventually decide to do something, else, or may get frustrated and end up using Stephanie McMahon as a user character and auto booking WWE, or who knows. But for right now I think I'll go as is. </p><p> </p><p>

AEW just feels like too big of a company for me to take on right now, and I definitely don't want to take on WWE as they are even bigger.</p>