Has the way individual performance rating been changed in 2020?

Hi folks.

I'm wondering if the ratings that individual workers get for their in-ring performance is different in 2020 than it was in 2016.

I've been seeing some numbers that make me think that popularity isn't being taken into account and it's rating strictly the performance only. I don't think it's effecting the segment rating, just the individual worker. Here's a couple of examples.

I've seen several matches in BCG where Funakoshi has been rated 90+. BCG's product rates on a 65:35 split in favor of performance. Funakoshi's popularity in the region the show was held is 65. So using those numbers, for him to reach a total score of 91, his performance part would have to grade out to well over 100. Seems strange.

Another example I'm getting is Sean McFly in CWA. He's consistently being rated in the mid 60s for me, and his popularity is 80. So taking into account their product, for him to get a total of 65, his in ring performance would have to be in the 40s.

Both these examples it seems to me like it's giving me the grade for in ring performance only (Funakoshi 91, McFly 65) and then factoring in the popularity later behind the scenes.

Is anyone else seeing this or am I just crazy?

I would guess that Sean McFly is , quite deeply, into time decline which would explain his low performance. I think the time decline hit is a bit too much really, considering that their skills are already going down - its like a double whammy of suck for older workers that pretty rapidly makes them useless.

With regards Funakoshi I think the game has always been like that with performance based products. At a guess stuff like momentum, charisma, star power and other stuff probably raises his performance so its higher than seems possible given his pop. Pretty sure that happened in the older games as well though.

I've seen several matches in BCG where Funakoshi has been rated 90+. BCG's product rates on a 65:35 split in favor of performance. Funakoshi's popularity in the region the show was held is 65. So using those numbers, for him to reach a total score of 91, his performance part would have to grade out to well over 100. Seems strange.

Another example I'm getting is Sean McFly in CWA. He's consistently being rated in the mid 60s for me, and his popularity is 80. So taking into account their product, for him to get a total of 65, his in ring performance would have to be in the 40s.

Both these examples it seems to me like it's giving me the grade for in ring performance only (Funakoshi 91, McFly 65) and then factoring in the popularity later behind the scenes.

An individual wrestler is only half the match. The other half is their opponent.

There are many other factors that add to a grade - momentum, gimmick, road agent, commentary, morale, etc.

An individual wrestler is only half the match. The other half is their opponent.

There are many other factors that add to a grade - momentum, gimmick, road agent, commentary, morale, etc.

Right but I'm talking about the rating that the individual performer gets, not the match grade.

I would guess that Sean McFly is , quite deeply, into time decline which would explain his low performance. I think the time decline hit is a bit too much really, considering that their skills are already going down - its like a double whammy of suck for older workers that pretty rapidly makes them useless.

With regards Funakoshi I think the game has always been like that with performance based products. At a guess stuff like momentum, charisma, star power and other stuff probably raises his performance so its higher than seems possible given his pop. Pretty sure that happened in the older games as well though.

Yeah maybe it's stuff like that. To get a 91 his performance part would have to grade at like 110 or something, but I guess with the various bonuses and stuff that's possible.

Hi folks.

I'm wondering if the ratings that individual workers get for their in-ring performance is different in 2020 than it was in 2016.

I've been seeing some numbers that make me think that popularity isn't being taken into account and it's rating strictly the performance only. I don't think it's effecting the segment rating, just the individual worker. Here's a couple of examples.

Is anyone else seeing this or am I just crazy?

The handbook states that momentum can also have a big affect on popularity. Up to +20% for white hot and down to - 25% for ice cold.

If Funakoshi had white hot momentum this would make his pop 78 so his performance may not need to be so high to hit a 91 rating.

I'm not 100% but this might explain it a little more maybe

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="adhodges94" data-cite="adhodges94" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50983" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The handbook states that momentum can also have a big affect on popularity. Up to +20% for white hot and down to - 25% for ice cold.<p> If Funakoshi had white hot momentum this would make his pop 78 so his performance may not need to be so high to hit a 91 rating. </p><p> </p><p> I'm not 100% but this might explain it a little more maybe</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That makes a lot of sense. So if he had 78 pop from white hot momentum, in order to get a 91 overall in their specific product, his performance would have to have been 98. That must be what happened.</p>