Era Appropriate AI Finishers

A minor, purely cosmetic suggestion for the next iteration of TEW. Not for TEW 2020 as there are more immediate avenues to pursue.

Randomly generated wrestlers are sometimes assigned finishing moves you'd never see in that era. I'd like it if we could set flags on the various AI-generated finishers, so instead of receiving a Flip Piledriver finisher, a random 1930's wrestler might receive something more plausible like a Sleeper or an Airplane Spin.

As I say, not the most urgently needed feature, but it'd be useful for TEW players who enjoy the historic mods of yesteryear, whether real world or otherwise. (I think it would be especially useful for Effganic players.)

The generated finishers already are done by the time period, so you should only see era appropriate names. If you can give me the specific move name and the year I can check if there's something going wrong - I've just done a quick check and it all seems to be working at my end.

Thanks for the fast reply, Adam. I'd not realized they were done by time period -- that's wonderful. I believe I saw an anachronistic finisher or two while playing around with the Effganic mod. I'll investigate and see if I can recreate the results.

Upon investigation, I see the feature is very much in the game and working as intended, rendering my suggestion moot. However, I do have questions about the finishers assigned to the early days of wrestling.

First, as Effganic starts in 1920, it's jarring to see the Bionic Elbow listed as a finisher. I appreciate that the move itself -- a downward elbow strike -- isn't particularly complex and fits the time period. However, the word "bionic" (combining life and electronics) didn't exist until decades later. Didn't Dusty Rhodes take the name from "The Bionic Man?" That show debuted in 1973. Suggest renaming as "Downward Elbow Strike" or something similar.

Second, while I didn't see anything as anachronistic as a Flip Piledriver, I'm a bit bumped by the various faceplants (Leaping Faceplant, Running Faceplant, Double Arm Faceplant) and potentially Face Crusher. I'm willing to believe I'm simply ignorant on the topic but did these moves even exist back in the 20's, 30's, 40's etc.?

I'm looking through "Legends of Pro Wrestling: 150 Years of Headlocks, Body Slams and Piledrivers" (by Tim Hornbaker) as it has a range of information on famous wrestlers of yesteryear. For finishers, I'm seeing sleepers, spinning toe holds, giant swings, claw holds, Indian death locks, kneedrops, bear hugs, airplane spins, etc. but I don't see anyone known for a faceplant or face crusher.