Going head to head with a rival company

Is there any way to put the screws on a rival company? From what I see there is really no effect on a rival company if I hold a more popular TV show on the same day a rival holds his. Same if I hold a PPV or if I hold an event on the same region.

Is there any way that I can put the screws on a rival so as to hasten their financial demise?

The way finances work in the game you’re not going to hasten their financial demise after a certain size. They’ll just make too much money for you to be able to significantly hurt their bottom line. Medium companies can hurt themselves though - by doing shows in regions where they have low pop. With the added bonus that the show will suck.

Never messed with the actual "dirty tricks" but a couple things you can do to mess with other companies.

• If you have way more money you can escalate production costs
  • If they have key wrestlers on non-exclusive/handshake contracts (So mostly Small and lower size) but you don't want to poach them, sign them on a handshake deal and job them out to tank their popularity.

dirty tricks can be really effective but they fail as often as they work

Yeah, but I was thinking more of doing it the correct ruthless rival way. That is, to hold shows in their territories on the same day, etc.

The way finances work in the game you’re not going to hasten their financial demise after a certain size. They’ll just make too much money for you to be able to significantly hurt their bottom line. Medium companies can hurt themselves though - by doing shows in regions where they have low pop. With the added bonus that the show will suck.

I am finding that out now. I am playing as BHOTWG and I can't see how I can crush my rivals financially. They just seem to be able to be able to make money quite easily (as can I).

Never messed with the actual "dirty tricks" but a couple things you can do to mess with other companies.

• If you have way more money you can escalate production costs
  • If they have key wrestlers on non-exclusive/handshake contracts (So mostly Small and lower size) but you don't want to poach them, sign them on a handshake deal and job them out to tank their popularity.

Just done the production quality bit. I have thought of doing your second suggestion, but I would also like to eventually get the likes of Razan, Funakoshi, etc, so no good to tank their popularity, and I can't persuade them to leave due to their popularity.

I've just seen that if I write them up to written contracts, they will prioritise my shows over BCG's, so I can take solace there, or just hold shows on the same dates as BCG, they'll be unable to wrestle for them.