Worker Owned Titles

I would like an option to set a Title to be "owned" by a wrestler, so the wrestler will take the belt wherever he goes. This represents multiple belts in wrestling such as the Big Gold Belt, when Ric Flair brought it to RAW.

There could be an Option to "Change Ownership to New Champion", "Original Owner retains Ownership when title changes". This represents the way guys like Dusty would pay a deposit on the Alliance Title - but not reclaim the deposit when dropping it to Flair, intending to re-deposit when he picks the belt back up. So, Dusty retains ownership of the belt while Flair is champion.

1. If a champion signs an exclusive deal or becomes long-term injured, the belt becomes Vacant and goes back to its Original Owner, who does not become champion. If the owner leaves the company, there are two options:

A: Return title to company; and B: Title "follows" worker. This means a company might try to sign a worker who owns a belt, with the belt being part of the package.

2. A worker owned belt can be bought by the company. Maybe an attribute that makes a worker unwilling to sell, hard to bargain with, or easy to bargain with.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thadian" data-cite="thadian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I would like an option to set a Title to be "owned" by a wrestler, so the wrestler will take the belt wherever he goes. This represents multiple belts in wrestling such as the Big Gold Belt, when Ric Flair brought it to RAW.<p> </p><p> There could be an Option to "Change Ownership to New Champion", "Original Owner retains Ownership when title changes". This represents the way guys like Dusty would pay a deposit on the Alliance Title - but not reclaim the deposit when dropping it to Flair, intending to re-deposit when he picks the belt back up. So, Dusty retains ownership of the belt while Flair is champion.</p><p> </p><p> 1. If a champion signs an exclusive deal or becomes long-term injured, the belt becomes Vacant and goes back to its Original Owner, who does not become champion. If the owner leaves the company, there are two options:</p><p> A: Return title to company; and B: Title "follows" worker. This means a company might try to sign a worker who owns a belt, with the belt being part of the package.</p><p> </p><p> 2. A worker owned belt can be bought by the company. Maybe an attribute that makes a worker unwilling to sell, hard to bargain with, or easy to bargain with.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ric Flair didn't own the big gold belt though. When he brought it to WWF in the early 90's, WCW sued (and won) to have the belt not used on TV. He had paid a deposit on the physical belt and refused to give it back until his money was returned -- it's also why WCW created their WCW World Title there in the early 90's that wasn't the big gold -- I haven't seen an instance other than that where a wrestler owns a belt that he takes around with him as a separate belt that they use in multiple different companies.</p>

While I don't see the point of a worker owned belt as there are so few of note (maybe Zach Ryder's?), how about an option to allow the champion to "carry" the title outside the company, in a way that if they compete in other companies, they would carry your title and if they are in highly rated matches it can add a small amount of prestige to your title.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheWho87" data-cite="TheWho87" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>While I don't see the point of a worker owned belt as there are so few of note (maybe Zach Ryder's?), how about an option to allow the champion to "carry" the title outside the company, in a way that if they compete in other companies, they would carry your title and if they are in highly rated matches it can add a small amount of prestige to your title.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would be happy with that, too. My main reason - I have a guy in developmental I want to bring up with a "personal champion" and I want his reign uninterrupted. If I bring him up, he vacates the title, interrupting the reign. Then he gets the belt again when I move the belt, but it's still not one straight reign.</p><p> </p><p> Many "personal championships" are affiliated with the company - Million Dollar Championship, FTW Championship, etc. Even Moose's title. However, I would like to set them in a way the champion can sign to new companies, move to developmental, and take the belt with them - and even if they "lose the title", they still "own it", so if the sign elsewhere, the belt is vacated and they take it with them.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ric Flair didn't own the big gold belt though. When he brought it to WWF in the early 90's, WCW sued (and won) to have the belt not used on TV. He had paid a deposit on the physical belt and refused to give it back until his money was returned -- it's also why WCW created their WCW World Title there in the early 90's that wasn't the big gold -- I haven't seen an instance other than that where a wrestler owns a belt that he takes around with him as a separate belt that they use in multiple different companies.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This situation is exactly the kind I am talking about - Flair brought his NWA/WCW Title to WWF, because it became "his" when he paid the deposit. Then, when they didn't pay the deposit back, he took the belt. They had to pay to get it back. So, to replicate this in the game, I am proposing a champion can "own" a belt which travels with them - however the "Original Owner" (whether it's a wrestler, company, or alliance) can "buy" the title back if they want to.</p><p> </p><p> This is also era friendly - it allows the classic 1970s matches featuring NWA, AWA, WWA, WCCW, JCP, etc. all having Champion vs Champion matches at neutral show.</p><p> </p><p> My interest also comes from situations where I want a guy to have his own "traveling champion" with a "traveling belt" gimmick where he actually takes his title (a Tertiary title, he's a jobber king) around with him.</p><p> </p><p> I would even support having a new Title Class "Traveling Title" that is exclusive to being set as "worker owned" or having an option to travel, or be loaned out with alliance loans.</p>

<p>Brock lesnar did something similar owned a Japanese belt and took it.</p><p> </p><p>

I just don’t see the benefit, yes flair and alundra blaze took belts with them that possibly damaged rivals slightly. Lesnar took it and it couldn’t be used.</p><p> </p><p>

But realistically if the belt stayed with the ‘person’ then what benefit does that have at all? Even if they WWF used the NWA belt that flair owned all they would take is its prestige and title lineage which doesn’t have much effect at all, and more importantly, the worker would own the belt and take it with him. So you would have a worker in charge of the belts booking. It possibly isn’t worth coding that into the game. </p><p> </p><p>

If that doesn’t need coding and the worker takes the belt with him all over then why what is the point in defending a belt that he owns? Because the fans would known who’s going to win.</p>

I would be happy with that, too. My main reason - I have a guy in developmental I want to bring up with a "personal champion" and I want his reign uninterrupted. If I bring him up, he vacates the title, interrupting the reign. Then he gets the belt again when I move the belt, but it's still not one straight reign.

Many "personal championships" are affiliated with the company - Million Dollar Championship, FTW Championship, etc. Even Moose's title. However, I would like to set them in a way the champion can sign to new companies, move to developmental, and take the belt with them - and even if they "lose the title", they still "own it", so if the sign elsewhere, the belt is vacated and they take it with them.

Talent trade the worker to the roster and move the belt from developments to main roster and then just call the guy up so he doesn’t leave and the belt will stay with him.

This situation is exactly the kind I am talking about - Flair brought his NWA/WCW Title to WWF, because it became "his" when he paid the deposit. Then, when they didn't pay the deposit back, he took the belt. They had to pay to get it back. So, to replicate this in the game, I am proposing a champion can "own" a belt which travels with them - however the "Original Owner" (whether it's a wrestler, company, or alliance) can "buy" the title back if they want to.

This is also era friendly - it allows the classic 1970s matches featuring NWA, AWA, WWA, WCCW, JCP, etc. all having Champion vs Champion matches at neutral show.

My interest also comes from situations where I want a guy to have his own "traveling champion" with a "traveling belt" gimmick where he actually takes his title (a Tertiary title, he's a jobber king) around with him.

I would even support having a new Title Class "Traveling Title" that is exclusive to being set as "worker owned" or having an option to travel, or be loaned out with alliance loans.

A travel title would be very good — but champion versus champion matches were because the promotions agreed not because the wrestler just took the belt with them. They were set up by the promotion for friendly matches — and really you can still replicate them by having the champions wrestle one another.