Can you stop a worker from leaving once they've given notice?

Was just shocked to see one of my top stars give his notice because he was so upset about a couple of losses, which is gonna really screw up my booking plans. Is there any way to keep him from going? I've already given him some bonuses that have improved his morale but as of now he's still leaving

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="staples" data-cite="staples" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51354" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Was just shocked to see one of my top stars give his notice because he was so upset about a couple of losses, which is gonna really screw up my booking plans. Is there <strong>any</strong> way to keep him from going? I've already given him some bonuses that have improved his morale but as of now he's still leaving</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don’t think so.</p><p> </p><p> But they don’t just leave for nothing, unhappiness grows in stages usually (unless something really gets to them) but usually whenever people have leftnor handed in notice they are at the highest level of unhappiness for at least a few days on my saves.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
I had this happen all the time in my early PSW save, but with some really odd people. None of my main event did it at all which I'm quite thankful about. Carl Batch, Venus and Kammy Ling all gave their notice which depleted me of all my managers/valets. And the only actual wrestlers that did were Acid II and Stuntman, who were both being used a lot and had high morale. Not sure what it's based on or why. But it seemed to stop after Stuntman left, which was around 2 years ago from where I am now. I've since rehired Acid and Carl Batch to no issue.

I'm playing a save right now and still hand stars hand in their notice while being either happy or very happy so I still don't completely understand what makes someone hand in their notice.

Check their attributes. There's one (Itchy feet?) that contributes to workers wanting to leave, regardless of morale.

I think sometimes the worker just feels like they've outgrown the company... I've had it say that on some of mine... guess it just depends on their personality whether they'll stick around or not

Or, they don't want to feel stuck in a rut. OR, from a mechanical perspective, to add value to the iron clad clause. No one's going to lock a worker down (for that much higher price tag) if they know the worker won't leave anyway.

I had this happen all the time in my early PSW save, but with some really odd people. None of my main event did it at all which I'm quite thankful about. Carl Batch, Venus and Kammy Ling all gave their notice which depleted me of all my managers/valets. And the only actual wrestlers that did were Acid II and Stuntman, who were both being used a lot and had high morale. Not sure what it's based on or why. But it seemed to stop after Stuntman left, which was around 2 years ago from where I am now. I've since rehired Acid and Carl Batch to no issue.

By contrast, I've taken Isabella Encanta from where she starts (barely recognizable in one region of Canada) to 'major star' worldwide, and she still won't hand in her notice to ACPW. So she costs them more per show than 4-5 of their male main eventers (all of the females are shared with me so....) and they trot her out for an angle (just one - ANGLE: An interview with Isabella Encanta) every show. No wonder they're burning through $130k per month.

There are some features/mechanics added that exist solely to keep the world from being static. You remember in past games when nothing would ever change and every now and then, a worker would get released or non-tendered that could be a huge star for a human controlled indy. This seems to me like one of those things. It adds a challenge (often from left field) for human players that really didn't exist to this degree previously. What annoys me is when workers who only work for one company hand in their notice and then sit unemployed for sometimes a year or more. That just seems dumb to me.