Can’t negotiate with a formerly released worker

Is there any possibility to rehire a worker that was fired a couple of months ago? In the former TEW Versions ot took six months and then you could hire the worker back if he doesn't have a negative relationship with you.

In TEW 2020 I fired a worker (PPA - ongoing contract) in March and try to hire him back in January the following year - but I get the following answer: ".... has rejected your negotiations because he isn't interested in returning to..."

Any way to change that? Is their an exact time frame?

Thanks Adam!

Can you give an input which Personalities decide to go back in negotiations faster then others? Which personality is the one to negotiate very quickly (six months) with a former employer?

EDIT: Don't like the way of the new system. Even people released one year ago won't negotiate. So it would be nice to receive some tips how to get workers back in your promotion any way. Or which personality they need to have.

<p>Process of elimination. What was the personality of the worker in question?</p><p> </p><p>

I'm actually surprised this was added but I like the idea a lot. Previously, there wasn't a penalty for releasing workers or it was the same as if you let their contract expire. Now, the game is forcing players to really think about their roster management.</p><p> </p><p>

Looking at it in a vacuum (i.e. not knowing anything), I'd guess that mercenary personalities would be open to returning....as long as the money is right. Money Motivated trait could possibly add to that. Perhaps Driven and Professional as well. On the flip side, I could see Stalwarts holding it against a promotion for firing them. Or maybe I'm totally off and part of Stalwart's 'getting on with things' means they come back quickly.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51386" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Process of elimination. What was the personality of the worker in question?<p> </p><p> I'm actually surprised this was added but I like the idea a lot. Previously, there wasn't a penalty for releasing workers or it was the same as if you let their contract expire. Now, the game is forcing players to really think about their roster management.</p><p> </p><p> Looking at it in a vacuum (i.e. not knowing anything), I'd guess that mercenary personalities would be open to returning....as long as the money is right. Money Motivated trait could possibly add to that. Perhaps Driven and Professional as well. On the flip side, I could see Stalwarts holding it against a promotion for firing them. Or maybe I'm totally off and part of Stalwart's 'getting on with things' means they come back quickly.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Possibly negative v positive personalities</p><p> </p><p> Highly strung</p>

I like the fact that there is no hard and set rule for when and if you can have former talent back in your company. When the game get's 'gamey' and less organic, spontaneous, it get's boring. 'I can just re-hire so and so after 6 months.'... what?

Realistically, people have different outlooks and personalities. Some people hold grudges for years for the smallest of slights whereas others are willing to forgive the murder of a family member. The more the game feels like real life, the more immersive it becomes...

I like the fact that there is no hard and set rule for when and if you can have former talent back in your company. When the game get's 'gamey' and less organic, spontaneous, it get's boring. 'I can just re-hire so and so after 6 months.'... what?

Realistically, people have different outlooks and personalities. Some people hold grudges for years for the smallest of slights whereas others are willing to forgive the murder of a family member. The more the game feels like real life, the more immersive it becomes...

Totally agree