TCW - The Return of J.K. Stallings

Aaron Andrews, El Hijo Del Neutron and David Stone vs Camp Tornado

Akima Brave and Dean Daniels vs The Empire (Dazzling Dave Diamond and Hellion)

High Flying Hawaiian vs Matthew Keith

Doc Hammond vs Ernest Youngman

Chris Flynn vs Eddie Peak in a hardcore match

Mainstream Hernandez vs Joshua Taylor

Steven Parker and Joffy Laine vs Jay Chord and Spencer Spade

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TCW Presents Total Wrestling:

Superb main event as we take a step away from the title picture and The Empire, to the other dominant stable in TCW – The Syndicate. Despite me saying that I needed to push Joshua Taylor he took a loss, in no small part to the ref spotting Wolf Hawkins interfering, a distraction which allowed Hernandez to hit the Apparition #14 for the victory. The Empire did take victory elsewhere, Chord and Spade over Parker and Laine, and Dazzling Dave Diamond and Hellion becoming an official team called… The Empire. That might get confusing. Anyway, a victory over Akima, who was returning from injury, and Dean Daniels, who you don’t want to team with if you’re looking for a win.

High Flyin Hawaiian defeated Matthew Keith to earn a TV Title shot (at Summer Showdown – we’ve completely ditched the only for TV nonsense), with Sam Keith having to calm down his son after the match and tell him that he needed to concentrate on earning his place. The younger Keith probably looked at Ernest Youngman in jealousy as he had a great opener with tag champion Doc Hammond, in a match that only ended when Killer Shark had enough of watching and blatantly attacked Hammond. Another blatant attack later in the show came from Nick Booth as he also returned from injury, but as this was in a hardcore match between Chris Flynn and Eddie Peak it was all legal, and Eddie Peak got a victory in his first match for some time. One Man Army was out to assist Flynn, and it’s looks like that’s a PPV match in the making. Mighty Mo is still proclaiming to be untouchable – we’re going somewhere with that, while Aaron Andrews team fell to Camp Tornado in a match that fell apart when Troy Tornado rolled out of the ring grasping his leg.

Doc Hammond defeated Ernest Youngman by DQ in 11:41 (76)

The Empire defeated Akima Brave and Dean Daniels in 5:01 (60)

High Flyin Hawaiian defeated Matthew Keith in 10:35 (85)

Eddie Peak defeated Chris Flynn in a hardcore match in 6:21 (77)

Camp Tornado defeated Aaron Andrews, El Hijo Del Neutron and David Stone in 9:47 (63)

Jay Chord and Spencer Spade defeated Steven Parker and Joffy Laine in 10:52 (92)

Mainstream Hernandez defeated Joshua Taylor in 12:56 (96)

Overall Rating 95

After the event it was confirmed that Troy Tornado injured his calf in the tag match – there were enough people involved in the match to cover it, but it really affected the flow. At the last moment I decided to switch the order of the last two matches, and Hernandez and Taylor completely justified the change – now I just need to get Taylor some momentum.

In Saturday Night Showcase Huracan Sandoval made his debut, after demanding to leave HGC. In typical style, I managed to find a partner with him that he had zero chemistry with – and at one stage of booking this was the Main Event! The two singles matches were between unknowns, and I got away with the former Ground and Pound partners due to how well they were known at HGC (we were conveniently in the South West for this show, where HGC work out of). No such luck with the next one, despite being between superstar Matthew Keith and local legend Masked Cougar. Tough crowd.

TCW Saturday Night Showcase:

Huracan Sandoval and David Stone defeated Nate Johnson and Danny Darkness in 8:54 (47)

Quentin Queen defeated Raphael in 7:46 (50)

Matthew Keith defeated Masked Cougar in 9:25 (48)

Wolf Hawkins and Ranger defeated Jaylon Martins and Xavi Ferrera in 8:29 (68)

Overall Rating 70

Eddie Chandler just got a Main Event win on Supreme TV, teaming with The Hand stablemate Remo to defeat Rocky Golden and Des Davids. In a 94 rated match. I haven’t had it all my way with SWF… Meanwhile in HGC Sifu (who after leaving 21CW moved to the US) teamed with Astro to make James Diaz and Texas Hangman’s HGC Tag Title reign last just one match. How is Sifu’s ex-partner, Ricky Storm, doing with his 21CW World Title run? 98 rated match over Tommy Cornell – not too badly.

High Flying Hawaiian and Akima Brave vs Findlay O’Farraday and Matthew Keith

Aaron Andrews, Hammond & Brown vs Ranger, Ernest Youngman and Killer Shark

Quentin Queen vs Mighty Mo

One Man Army and Chris Flynn vs Spencer Spade and Hellion

Steven Parker and Joffy Laine vs Shockura

T-Bone Bright vs Dazzling Dave Diamond

Mainstream Hernandez and Roderick Remus vs Wolf Hawkins and Joshua Taylor

<p><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>TCW Presents Total Wrestling:</strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

We stuck to what we knew best in the Main Event, with a superb tab match that six months ago would have been for the tag titles. However, there was a little confusion again between The Syndicate members after Wolf Hawkins entered the ring without tagging himself in, and again this distracted Taylor who ate an Apparition #14 again.</p><p> </p><p>

World Heavyweight Title challenger T-Bone Bright took a quick victory over The Empire’s Dazzling Dave Diamond, with Jay Chord being given a night off before Summer Showdown. That left Spencer Spade and Hellion to team up awkwardly against One Man Army and Chris Flynn… or just One Man Army after Eddie Peak and Nick Booth attacked Chris Flynn, which wasn’t going to work out for Flynn. Jennifer Heat turned up backstage to motivate Aaron Andrews, and despite the Killer Shark induced DQ, he did get a victory teaming with the tag champions.</p><p> </p><p>

Steven Parker and Joffy Laine took a victory in the opener as it was revealed that they would be facing The Empire (the team) at Summer Showdown, and Mighty Mo claimed that there was no-one who was in his league to fight him on Sunday. Finally, High Flyin Hawaiian got a momentum building victory going into Sunday’s TV Title match teaming with Akima Brave in victory over champion O’Farraday and Matthew Keith – the latter of whom took the pin.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>Steven Parker and Joffy Laine defeated Shockura</strong></span> in 10:39 (79)</p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>High Flyin Hawaiian and Akima Brave defeated Findlay O’Farraday and Matthew Keith</strong></span> in 8:16 (78)</p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>Spencer Spade and Hellion defeated One Man Army and Chris Flynn</strong></span> in 7:05 (66)</p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>Mighty Mo defeated Quentin Queen</strong></span> in 6:42 (74)</p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>Aaron Andrews, Hammond & Brown defeated Ranger, Ernest Youngman and Killer Shark</strong></span> by DQ in 12:09 (80)</p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>T-Bone Bright defeated Dazzling Dave Diamond</strong></span> in 5:09 (79)</p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>Mainstream Hernandez and Roderick Remus defeated Wolf Hawkins and Joshua Taylor</strong></span> in 19:04 (92)</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Overall Rating 91</em></p><p> </p><p>

Spade and Hellion had no chemistry at all – not a huge problem, although there would have been times that they would have been likely to team which will now be shelved. Aaron Andrews facing Marc DuBois just about rounds out the Summer Showdown card, so we went into Saturday Night Showcase without our PPV booked wrestlers. Which normally means a poor show, but we showed strength in depth (or the amount of workers left off the PPV) by putting on a half decent card.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>TCW Saturday Night Showcase:</strong></p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>Flying Jimmy Foxx defeated Davis Wayne Newton</strong></span> in 8:50 (57)</p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>Akima Brave, David Stone and Quentin Queen defeated Danny Darkness, Titan and Raphael</strong></span> in 10:37 (59)</p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>Ranger defeated Jaylon Martins</strong></span> in 3:53 (60)</p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>Human Arsenal and Benny Benson defeated Huracan Sandoval and El Hijo Del Neutron</strong></span> in 11:43 (65)</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Overall Rating 71</em></p><p> </p><p>

That was the last TCW Saturday Night Showcase on USA Sports 1, as we move to NetStream. Netstream just wanted the program, they have no interest in how good the product is, so the shows may get even worse. The HGC Tag Titles are now hot potatoes, with Prime Time Jack Pryde and Zippy Deverell taking them off Sifu and Astro.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>TCW Summer Showdown:</strong></p><p>

Findlay O’Farraday © vs High Flyin Hawaiian for the <strong>TCW TV Title</strong></p><p>

Chris Flynn and One Man Army vs Eddie Peak and Nick Booth</p><p>

Mainstream Hernandez vs Wolf Hawkins</p><p>

Roderick Remus vs Joshua Taylor</p><p>

Aaron Andrews vs Marc DuBois</p><p>

Will anyone challenge Mighty Mo?</p><p>

Steven Parker and Joffy Laine vs The Empire (Dazzling Dave Diamond and Hellion)</p><p>

Hammond & Brown © vs Killer Shark and Ernest Youngman</p><p>

Freddy Huggins vs Spencer Spade</p><p>

Jay Chord © vs T-Bone Bright for the <strong>TCW World Heavyweight Title</strong></p>

TCW Summer Showdown:

The main event here suffered from a lack of selling – we knew it would, as if we ask T-Bone Bright to go even slightly long, this becomes an issue. Even his selling of an elbow from Hellion to the back of his head wasn’t the best, before being put away with a Cradle Piledriver for Jay Chord as he retained his title.

The previous match was fantastic, with Wolf Hawkins defeating Mainstream Hernandez after interference from Ranger. This was despite Joshua Taylor telling Ranger that The Syndicate were able to look after themselves after he also assisted against Roderick Remus earlier in the night. The biggest news though was Atom Smasher / Nevada Nuclear answering Mighty Mo’s challenge under the guise of Mr Nuclear, running a less cartoonish, focused, bad ass gimmick, and picking up a win on his TCW debut with a Mushroom Cloud. He also made his presence felt after the Main Event, coming to T-Bone Bright’s aid after The Empire attacked after the match was over.

Aaron Andrews took his first PPV victory in a while over Marc DuBois in an admittedly disappointing match that lacked any kind of chemistry. Freddy Huggins tasted defeat to Spencer Spade (via Dazzling Dave Diamond) in a good match, but it could have been so much more (both men rated in the 90s). I’ll take the blame for the booking of it. Elsewhere Hammond & Brown defended their Tag Titles, O’Farraday the TV Title, Chris Flynn and One Man Army took victory over Nick Booth and Eddie Peak, while The Empire went over Steven Parker and Joffy Laine.

Joshua Taylor defeated Roderick Remus in 13:13 (79)

Findlay O’Farraday © defeated High Flyin Hawaiian to retain the TCW TV Title in 11:52 (79)

The Empire defeated Steven Parker and Joffy Laine in 5:37 (70)

Spencer Spade defeated Freddy Huggins in 13:19 (84)

Chris Flynn and One Man Army defeated Nick Booth and Eddie Peak in 8:23 (74)

Aaron Andrews defeated Marc DuBois in 15:48 (79)

Mr Nuclear defeated Mighty Mo in 11:28 (94)

Hammond & Brown © defeated Ernest Youngman and Killer Shark to retain the TCW Tag Team Titles in 11:24 (81)

Wolf Hawkins defeated Mainstream Hernandez in 23:09 (96)

Jay Chord © defeated T-Bone Bright to retain the TCW World Heavyweight Title in 16:21 (88)

Overall Rating 91

Yes, that’s why Atom Smasher lost to Brett Biggins and even Chill in the last few weeks – he was on his way to TCW. Now, I don’t sign ready-made Main Eventers, but in the case of Mr Nuclear, as we’ll now know him, I couldn’t resist. The guy is money, and I’m trying to dominate North America.

How much merchandise does Hellion sell in a month after his debut involved in the main event? Well, $6 worth of merchandise. He’s only got 40 popularity in my home state. Even Jennifer Heat “Heat Magnet” merch sold over $300 in just over a week – however $1.8 million from Mainstream Hernandez is keeping me ticking over nicely.

Findlay O’Farraday © vs One Man Army for the TCW TV Title

Flying Jimmy Foxx and El Hijo Del Neutron vs Marc DuBois and Davis Wayne Newton

Huracan Sandoval vs Joshua Taylor

High Flyin Hawaiian, Steven Parker and Joffy Laine vs Wolf Hawkins, Ranger and Ernest Youngman

Aaron Andrews and David Stone vs Human Arsenal and Benny Benson

Mainstream Hernandez and Roderick Remus vs Shockura

Mr Nuclear and T-Bone Bright vs Jay Chord and Hellion

A huge meeting in the Main Event featuring new signing Mr Nuclear, T-Bone Bright, World Heavyweight Champion Jay Chord and… Hellion. With a substitution it could have been awesome, in reality it was one of my worst main events in a long time. It was a bit of a mess of an ending as Hellion tried to hit a Devolution Bomb on T-Bone Bright, but Bright grabbed a rope and freed himself up to tag in Mr Nuclear. He went for a Mushroom Bomb, but Jay Chord leaned over tagged himself in without the ref noticing. Chord saved Hellion but as the ref tried to get him out T-Bone Bright re-entered and hit a T-Bone Powerslam on the champion. Hellion speared T-Bone Bright through the ring ropes and brawled with Bright outside the ring, completely unaware that the ref thought he was still the legal man. As Mr Nuclear and Jay Chord continued at one another in the ring the ref made his count up to ten, ending the match in a disappointing manner.

Knowing that the main event could have issues, Mainstream Hernandez and Roderick Remus put on a fabulous match with Shockura. If we ever need the faces back in the tag division then there will be some great matches, but plans are elsewhere right now. Apart from Killer Shark helping The Syndicate win, the rest of the matches were all clean, including Joshua Taylor over Huracan Sandoval. After O’Farraday’s title defence Chris Flynn challenged for the TV Title, but Eddie Peak told him that he still had to go through him to earn anything.

We also learnt that the Two Stages of Hell match would return at Hotter Than Hell, which Aaron Andrews said that he was ready to compete in to… Quentin Queen? Okay then…

Findlay O’Farraday defeated One Man Army to retain the TCW TV Title in 8:37 (76)

Marc DuBois and Davis Wayne Newton defeated Flying Jimmy Foxx and El Hijo Del Neutron in 6:43 (68)

The Syndicate defeated High Flyin Hawaiian, Steven Parker and Joffy Laine in 11:48 (80)

Joshua Taylor defeated Huracan Sandoval in 6:59 (77)

Aaron Andrews and David Stone defeated Human Arsenal and Benny Benson in 9:14 (78)

Mainstream Hernandez and Roderick Remus defeated Shockura in 13:23 (87)

Mr Nuclear and T-Bone Bright defeated Jay Chord and Hellion by count out in 11:27 (75)

Overall Rating 84

Ouch, Hellion now has poor chemistry with both Jay Chord and Spencer Spade. Looks like Dazzling Dave Diamond isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. You have to go back to February for an A-show rated at 84, although to be fair I put a complete rookie in the Main Event, so what do I expect? However, Robert Oxford told me that he thought he was a star in the making, and he doesn’t give his opinion too often

Yup, Quentin Queen appears on the main show after I told the road agents that “Que..” should be in the segment. Surely they’ve learnt by now that unless it’s a match I’m talking about Queen Emily? Fortunately, Aaron Andrews was ably assisted by Jennifer Heat who is his official manager now, and it kind of worked.

When Pretty Okakura joined us he had a hot new move – unfortunately he didn’t have too many opportunities to show it off. So he’s brought over another one that he just invented in EX2000 – a ropewalk springboard into submission. Let’s see how that works out.

At HGC there was somewhat of a farewell as Sifu, Nick Gilbert, Pink Spider and Seth Whitehead wrestled their last matches there. Before I get too much criticism for signing foreign stars to development deals, the first three wresters were all inexplicably released when their contracts came up from 21CW, RAW and ZEN, so I haven’t broken my promise about not stealing from the smaller promotions. None are that well known in the US, but will strengthen my Saturday Night Showcase roster as we contemplate extending the show. Let’s have a look at how they’ve been doing:

Sifu – the Englishman only wrestled 18 shows for HGC, with 10 victories including a one week tag title reign with Astro. His main feud was with Texas Hangman who he drew with three times, including in his last match.

Nick Gilbert – with 46 matches and 21 victories under his belt, Nick Gilbert was the talented Australian who mostly put people over. An occasional tag team partner of Zippy Deverell, he had faced most of the HGC roster at one point or another.

Pink Spider – with 30 matches and 12 victories, when the New Zealander’s renewal came around he was almost cut, so it’s now or never in TCW. He does know David Stone well, having feuded with the Canadian for ever when they were in HGC.

Seth Whitehead – Seth has been in development for four years now, but has wrestled 15 matches for TCW at various points, including entering the Tag Tournament with Guillotine. No successes in those matches, and his tag partner, who he had a seven month reign of rarely defending the tag titles with, remains at HGC. With 42 wins from his 71 HGC matches he has the most momentum behind him coming up, and left with an unsuccessful tag title shot (with graduate Jesse Monson). He still needs scripted matches, however.

With that, we extend the length of Showcase to 90 minutes and see how much we can annoy our fans by putting on a show with a load of unknowns:

Chris Flynn and Sifu defeated Titan and Danny Darkness in 10:28 (54)

Bear Bekowski and Matthew Keith defeated Jaylon Martins and Tiger Salvaje in 11:34 (54)

David Stone defeated Seth Whitehead in 6:53 (50)

Flying Jimmy Foxx, Quentin Queen and Nick Gilbert defeated Nate Johnson, Raphael and Masked Mauler in 12:24 (56)

Huracan Sandoval and El Hijo Del Neutron defeated Pretty Okakura and Pink Spider in 11:46 (64)

Findlay O’Farraday © defeated Akima Brave to retain the TCW TV Title in 10:16 (74)

Overall Rating 73

Okay, so there were people everyone knew in each match. The one I was worried about boring the crowd, David Stone and Seth Whitehead, was fine, but I should have contacted HGC to find out about their poor chemistry first. Pretty Okakura and Pink Spider would make a cool tag team, but with Shockura going strong I’ll file that idea now. Bear Bekowski was released by SWF so has earned a TCW contract, while Masked Mauler (VII) was borrowed from MAW as I ran out of heel jobbers. And then promptly sent him to HGC to help fill some holes.

Jungle Lord was also in the plans for Showcase (as I once had him at USPW as World Champion over a decade ago), but he told me he wasn’t working B shows. There might be an A show jobber position for him in the future, but that wasn’t the plan right now, so hopefully he gets an indy contract somewhere.

As for the online experiment? We’ve gone from 239k views to 422k, so I’d say that was a success. With it being online, that’s subject to go down if fans get wind of the quality going down…

Huracan Sandoval and Flying Jimmy Foxx vs Human Arsenal and Benny Benson

Findlay O’Farraday © vs Akima Brave for the TCW TV Title

Dean Daniels vs Hellion

El Hijo Del Neutron vs Marc DuBois

Quentin Queen vs Spencer Spade

Freddy Huggins vs Dazzling Dave Diamond

Hammond & Brown © vs Ranger and Killer Shark for the TCW Tag Team Titles

Despite the show being hyped as having all three titles on the line, it dragged a little until the end of the show. It didn’t start to well with Sandoval and Foxx showing no chemistry, and then Hellion lost the crowd going over Dean Daniels. As a follow on to last week’s booking Quentin Queen tried to get himself into the Two Stages of Hell match, but Queen Emily just put him into a match with Spencer Spade, who took the clean victory.

Next we repeated Saturday’s TV Title match to less success, before we found that Aaron Andrews, Mainstream Hernandez, Wolf Hawkins, Joshua Taylor and Mighty Mo were all making noises to be in the Two Stages of Hell match. Marc DuBois got a clean victory over El Hijo Del Neutron before a somewhat disappointing Tag Title match, where after Youngman yelled at Shark to tag him in, Shark did just that, before leaving the ring and refusing to get back in. Youngman may be good, but he’s not that good and he fell to a Star Maker from Lenny Brown. After the match Wolf Hawkins got The Syndicate together backstage for a pep talk when Killer Shark walked past, and Hawkins claimed that they didn’t need the monster.

Freddy Huggins took a clean victory over Dazzling Dave Diamond, before the Main Event – and it turned out much as before. Chaos at ringside that was impossible for the ref to deal with, and Hellion smashed Chord’s Title into Bright’s face to allow Chord to take the victory. As he celebrated Mr Nuclear came out and demanded a title match at Hotter Than Hell, and somewhere in here Jay Chord came up with a new catchphrase.

Human Arsenal and Benny Benson defeated Flying Jimmy Foxx and Huracan Sandoval in 9:14 (69)

Hellion defeated Dean Daniels in 2:46 (30)

Spencer Spade defeated Quentin Queen in 8:25 (78)

Findlay O’Farraday © defeated Akima Brave to retain the TCW TV Title in 7:48 (72)

Marc DuBois defeated El Hijo Del Neutron in 11:18 (70)

Hammond & Brown © defeated Ernest Youngman and Killer Shark to retain the TCW Tag Team Titles in 12:16 (78)

Freddy Huggins defeated Dazzling Dave Diamond in 8:42 (84)

Jay Chord © defeated T-Bone Bright to retain the TCW World Heavyweight Title in 12:33 (88)

Overall Rating 87

Three title matches, and perhaps all a slight disappointment? We went to New England to try and take advantage of Hellion’s popularity there in his first singles match… and it failed. To add to that he now cannot team up with stablemates Jay Chord and Spencer Spade, so plans are changing.

What we did do was end the relationship between Killer Shark and Ernest Youngman, which has lasted several weeks but was never a long term plan. Both men's future lays elsewhere.

On Saturday Night Showcase, Matt Hocking vs David Stone was a late addition to the show… which we regretted when Hocking somehow broke his toe – we’re still not sure how. He’s only out for a few days, but does remind me about the risk of throwing people onto this show. Elsewhere, there were wins and losses for our newcomers, but I wouldn’t read into what is going on too much for the future.

Matt Hocking defeated David Stone in 11:06 (58)

Quentin Queen and Sifu defeated Raphael and Nate Johnson in 10:16 (59)

Human Arsenal, Benny Benson and Seth Whitehead defeated Masked Cougar, Tigre Salvaje and Jaylon Martins in 11:13 (63)

Nick Booth and Bear Bekowski defeated Xavi Ferrera and Yuri Yushihara in 5:49 (56)

Huracan Sandoval defeated Pink Spider in 8:30 (64)

Matthew Keith and Findlay O’Farraday defeated Akima Brave and Nick Gilbert in 11:31 (64)

Overall Rating 68

Acid II has walked out on NYCW – not sure what the issue was but it couldn’t be his booking, with him going 28-2. Maybe it’s the refusal to give him a title shot?? He stays on at PSW, where he remains firmly in the title picture. Elsewhere Adam Matravers contract came up so I asked if he was interested in coming to America – and he told me how much SWF were offering him - $227k a month. I wouldn’t want to pay that much and Stallings would never get me near that offer.

Lenny Brown vs Nick Booth

Steven Parker vs Mighty Mo

Roderick Remus vs Davis Wayne Newton

T-Bone Bright vs Ranger

Aaron Andrews and Mainstream Hernandez vs Matthew Keith and Seth Whitehead

Mr Nuclear vs Hellion

Freddy Huggins vs Joshua Taylor

That's an unusually high number of singles matches for a TV show of mine.

This show was all about qualifying matches for Hotter Than Hell, in an extremely solid card from top to bottom. The worst match was Mr Nuclear earning a shot against Jay Chord’s World Heavyweight Title by inflicting Hellion’s first defeat in a furiously fought match. The rest of the matches were for Two Stages of Hell qualification, with first T-Bone Bright defeating Ranger after Hawkins distracted his colleague accidentally, then Mighty Mo defeating Steven Parker.

Next Aaron Andrews and Mainstream Hernandez were meant to be taking on Killer Shark and Joshua Taylor, but Shark seemed fed up of teaming with Syndicate men so left Taylor on his own. The Syndicate man refused to complete on his own, and left without opponents Matthew Keith and Seth Whitehead spotted an opportunity for themselves (we’ve been running angles over the last few week with Matthew Keith being upset at not being a star attraction and his dad telling him he had to take his opportunities and earn his spot). The heels did fantastically well, but they were against two of the top faces in TCW and Hernandez eventually pinned Whitehead after and Apparition #14.

Joshua Taylor did convince Queen Emily to give him another chance with a singles match against Freddy Huggins that Main Evented the show. It was a great match, with Joshua Taylor even telling Wolf Hawkins not to interfere as he could earn the victory on his own. Spencer Spade didn’t get the memo, and a Stunner from him on Huggins is what secured Taylor the victory and qualification for the Two Stages of Hell.

Just two other matches, with Chris Flynn costing Nick Booth his match against Lenny Brown, and Roderick Remus defeating Davis Wayne Newton. Flynn and Booth will take on O’Farraday in a Triple Threat match for the TV Title at Hotter Than Hell, while Troy Tornado challenged Roderick Remus to find two partners to take on Camp Tornado.

Lenny Brown defeated Nick Booth in 8:40 (79)

T-Bone Bright defeated Ranger in 7:54 (83)

Roderick Remus defeated Davis Wayne Newton in 8:28 (82)

Mighty Mo defeated Steven Parker in 12:23 (81)

Aaron Andrews and Mainstream Hernandez defeated Matthew Keith and Seth Whitehead in 10:10 (82)

Mr Nuclear defeated Hellion in 7:55 (73)

Joshua Taylor defeated Freddy Huggins in 20:47 (84)

Overall Rating 87

Well, that’s set up the Title match and Two Stages of Hell for the PPV – there’s a bit more of the card to sort out as well, as that dominated the show. However, all the competitor did justify their position in the match, with sustained quality throughout the show. In proper skilful booking Jay Chord took part in a preshow match teaming with Two Man Army – fortunately in victory. Jay Chord / Jaylon Martins, Quentin Queen / Queen Emily are still giving me issues.

At Saturday Night Showcase we managed to have a tag match where everyone except Davis Wayne Newton were off their games, and Shockura and Hammond & Brown got into a confrontation that suggested that there might be a late addition to Hotter Than Hell. We also finally got to see Quentin Queen and Raphael in one on one action after clashing for the last few weeks, and Queen earned the victory in a respectable match (for two unrecognisable talents). It could have been on the main show, if only any if their feud had happened on a Tuesday night… at all.

Matt Hocking defeated Nick Gilbert in 9:45 (70)

Marc DuBois and Davis Wayne Newton defeated Tigre Salvaje and Yuri Yoshihara in 7:34 (57)

Akima Brave and David Stone defeated Bear Bekowski and Nate Johnson by DQ in 7:45 (52)

Quentin Queen defeated Raphael in 9:28 (64)

Human Arsenal and Benny Benson defeated Huracan Sandoval and El Hijo Del Neutron in 9:33 (72)

Hammond & Brown and Sifu defeated Titan, Danny Darkness and Pink Spider in 10:55 (68)

Overall Rating 72

Over at 21CW Jonathan Faust takes the World Title off Ricky Storm…

Roderick Remus, Steven Parker and Joffy Laine vs Titan, Danny Darkness and Nate Johnson

High Flyin Hawaiian and Flying Jimmy Foxx vs Shockura

Huracan Sandoval vs Matthew Keith

Chris Flynn and One Man Army vs Findlay O’Farraday and Nick Booth

Aaron Andrews, T-Bone Bright and Mainstream Hernandez vs Wolf Hawkins, Joshua Taylor and Mighty Mo

Mr Nuclear and Freddy Huggins vs Jay Chord and Spencer Spade

Roderick Remus, Steven Parker and Joffy Laine vs Titan, Danny Darkness and Nate Johnson

High Flyin Hawaiian and Flying Jimmy Foxx vs Shockura

Huracan Sandoval vs Matthew Keith

Chris Flynn and One Man Army vs Findlay O’Farraday and Nick Booth

Aaron Andrews, T-Bone Bright and Mainstream Hernandez vs Wolf Hawkins, Joshua Taylor and Mighty Mo

Mr Nuclear and Freddy Huggins vs Jay Chord and Spencer Spade

Haven't been on the forums regularly in a while, so it's good to see this still going!

Haven't been on the forums regularly in a while, so it's good to see this still going!

Thank you - we've had a few changes but we're ticking along.

Mr Nuclear got a big win in advance of his World Heavyweight Title shot on Sunday with a pinfall on Jay Chord, in a match also featuring Freddy Huggins and Spencer Spade. The latter two got into a fight outside the ring and fought up the rampway without Jay Chord noticing, and when he went to tag his partner in he was nowhere to be seen. He turned around into a Devolution Bomb for Mr Nuclear to take the 1-2-3. The best match came in the previous match when Joshua Taylor took the momentum for the heels going into the Two Stages of Hell match with a pinfall on Mainstream Hernandez after Wolf Hawkins raked the face’s eyes and Taylor followed it up with a Super Kick.

The biggest surprise of the night came with the quality of match between Matthew Keith and Huracan Sandoval. We took advantage of being in the Tri-State where Keith is a little better known, and it was superb. Shockura were confirmed to be taking on Hammond & Brown for the tag titles, while Roderick Remus announced that his partners against Camp Tornado on Sunday would be Steven Parker and Joffy Laine after they defeated Danny Darkness, Titan and Nate Johnson.

Finally, Chris Flynn got a pinfall victory over Nick Booth (before the two men take on O’Farraday for the TV Title on Sunday) teaming with One Man Army who got into argy-bargy with Killer Shark backstage, to give him something to do at the PPV.

Roderick Remus, Steven Parker and Joffy Laine defeated Titan, Danny Darkness and Nate Johnson in 8:48 (72)

Shockura defeated High Flying Hawaiian and Flying Jimmy Foxx in 10:01 (80)

Matthew Keith defeated Huracan Sandoval in 9:21 (82)

Chris Flynn and One Man Army defeated Findlay O’Farraday and Nick Booth in 7:57 (66)

Wolf Hawkins, Joshua Taylor and Mighty Mo defeated Aaron Andrews, T-Bone Bright and Mainstream Hernandez in 18:30 (89)

Mr Nuclear and Freddy Huggins defeated Jay Chord and Spencer Spade in 16:20 (84)

Overall Rating 89

Wolf Hawkins developed a new power move on the show, but he also tried to pull out a backstage power move, claiming that until Hellion learnt to sell a little more he shouldn’t be wrestling. Get over yourself Hawkins – a hoss that cannot sell still has a place. Matt Hocking and Joel Bryant had less controversial opinions, recommending Matthew Keith and Ernest Youngman, so my only conclusion is that they think I’m stupid to not realise this.

On Saturday Night Showcase we did have a new signee – Zeus, who had been recently released by USPW. I tried not to sign him for a while, but when it came to booking a 90 minute show without anyone who was wrestling on the PPV, I realised that I could do with him. It’s a six month deal, and hopefully some young workers will benefit from working with him.

Talking about no-one on this show working the PPV – Human Arsenal and Benny Benson will, as it was announced they were teaming with Matthew Keith and Seth Whitehead to take on High Flyin Hawaiian, Huracan Sandoval, Flying Jimmy Foxx and El Hijo Del Neutron for minor backstage argument reasons.

Three HGC workers got called up to do the job – Guillotine, Okamoto and Torri. The Japanese workers did a superb job selling The Empire’s attacks, better than the job that I hoped Nick Gilbert would have done in the main event in a match which I was a little disappointed with.

Ernest Youngman defeated Masked Cougar in 11:24 (69)

Sifu and Zeus defeated Bear Bekowski and Nate Johnson in 11:19 (54)

Benny Benson defeated Xavi Ferrera in 9:34 (63)

Akima Brave defeated Guillotine in 8:17 (53)

The Empire defeated Razan Okamoto and Bunrakukan Torri in 6:13 (73)

Human Arsenal defeated Nick Gilbert in 11:09 (60)

Overall Rating 67

Tana the Mighty retires from an in-ring role – he will be available as a road agent or a personality.

TCW Hotter Than Hell:

High Flyin Hawaiian, Huracan Sandoval, Flying Jimmy Foxx and El Hijo Del Neutron vs Human Arsenal, Benny Benson, Matthew Keith and Seth Whitehead

Roderick Remus, Steven Parker and Joffy Laine vs Camp Tornado

One Man Army vs Killer Shark

Findlay O’Farraday © vs Chris Flynn vs Nick Booth for the TCW TV Title

Freddy Huggins vs Spencer Spade

Hammond & Brown © vs Shockura for the TCW Tag Team Titles

Aaron Andrews vs T-Bone Bright vs Mainstream Hernandez vs Wolf Hawkins vs Mighty Mo vs Joshua Taylor in the Two Stage of Hell Match

Jay Chord © vs Mr Nuclear for the TCW World Heavyweight Title

TCW Hotter Than Hell:

Huge match in the Main Event, where Mr Nuclear proved that he still had the Midas Touch to create a fantastic match with Jay Chord – it could now go down as my best match ever. It was a great brawl, that went inside and outside the ring, with Chord trying to slow it down when he could. This rarely worked for long, with Nuclear showing his strength and focus to power back into the match. At one point he showed too much power by throwing Chord away from him, taking out the referee, and suddenly The Empire rushed out from the back. Dazzling Dave Diamond instantly fell to a Mushroom Cloud, but Hellion delivered a Short Arm Lariat, followed up by a Devolution Bomb. Jay Chord made the cover but Hellion couldn’t wake the ref, which led to Emma Chase leaving her commentary positions and taking off her top (no…) to reveal a zebra striped vest, and she slid into the ring and made the quick three count.

Earlier in the night Mainstream Hernandez won the second ever Two Stages of Hell match, where the wrestlers have to climb the ladder to earn a World Heavyweight Title shot, while avoiding the flames shooting from the ceiling (conveniently preceded by beeps and a light). Mighty Mo was the closest to claiming the prize, with the crowd left unsure as to whether he botched retrieving the briefcase, but he took too long extracting the case and had to bail before a blast of fire. Ranger was out to support his Syndicate teammates, which left Wolf Hawkins and Mainstream Hernandez fighting at the top of the ladder to claim the briefcase. The beeps hit which led to Hawkins jumping to save himself, but the light and then fire showed that the blast of flame was at a ringpost only, and Hernandez was able to claim his title shot.

Freddy Huggins and Spencer Spade improved on their match from last month, but still the psychology was a little off, and it could have been better as Huggins took his victory back. Hammond & Brown and Findlay O’Farraday retained their titles, the latter helped by Chris Flynn and Nick Booth almost totally focusing on one another. Killer Shark brutalised One Man Army, Remus’s team earned victory over Camp Tornado, while Matthew Keith submitted Flying Jimmy Foxx to earn his team a PPV victory. A debut PPV victory for Seth Whitehead as well – pity I only left him in the ring for less than a minute.

Hammond & Brown © defeated Shockura to retain the TCW Tag Team Titles in 13:03 (83)

Roderick Remus, Steven Parker and Joffy Laine defeated Camp Tornado in 12:20 (83)

Killer Shark defeated One Man Army in 7:24 (74)

Human Arsenal, Benny Benson, Matthew Keith and Seth Whitehead defeated High Flyin Hawaiian, Flying Jimmy Foxx, Huracan Sandoval and El Hijo Del Neutron in 11:01 (76)

Mainstream Hernandez won the Two Stages of Hell Match in 22:45 (93)

Findlay O’Farraday © defeated Nick Booth and Chris Flynn to retain the TCW TV Title in 9:30 (77)

Freddy Huggins defeated Spencer Spade in 15:03 (92)

Jay Chord © defeated Mr Nuclear to retain the TCW World Heavyweight Title in 22:13 (100)

Overall Rating 97

Best match, second best show and Emma Chase came up with a new catchphrase after the Main Event, and it’s hard to not think Star Wars references… The Two Stages of Hell match also delivered, and with Huggins / Spade also crossing the 90 threshold we had a show to be proud of.

Huracan Sandoval and El Hijo Del Neutron vs Jay Chord and Spencer Spade

Hammond & Brown © vs Human Arsenal and Benny Benson for the TCW Tag Team Titles

David Stone vs Killer Shark

Akima Brave vs Hellion

T-Bone Bright and Freddy Huggins vs Camp Tornado (Troy Tornado and Davis Wayne Newton)

Mr Nuclear vs Dazzling Dave Diamond

Mainstream Hernandez and Aaron Andrews vs Wolf Hawkins and Joshua Taylor

Emma Chase was gloating with Jay Chord that it didn’t matter what anyone did – The Empire controlled TCW and there was no stopping them. Three of the four members earned victories, with Chord teaming with Spencer Spade in an easy victory over masked men Sandoval and Del Neutron, before Hellion defeated Akima Brave in a match no-one cared for. Dazzling Dave Diamond didn’t fare as well against Mr Nuclear, falling to a Mushroom Cloud as the newcomer carried out the beginning of his promise to remove any obstacles in his path to the World Heavyweight Title.

Elsewhere, Wolf Hawkins demanded a chance to take Mainstream Hernandez’s title shot that he earned at Hotter Than Hell off him. Hernandez wasn’t so willing, but The Syndicate did take victory over him and Andrews in a frankly brilliant match, the Syndicate victory in no small part due to an assist by Ranger against Aaron Andrews. Hammond & Brown retained their titles against Human Arsenal and Benny Benson, while T-Bone Bright and Freddy Huggins strode to victory over Team Tornado. In the last match Killer Shark earned victory over David Stone, but he found it difficult as Stone would not stay down and get coming back for more. It took two Big Bite’s but Shark finally took the victory, but he was clearly frustrated. He delivered yet another Big Bite, before dragging David Stone over to the announce table. Fortunately for the youngster T-Bone Bright was out to get between him and the beast. It looked like the two men were going to get at it, but Shark kicked the announce table in frustration before leaving.

Jay Chord and Spencer Spade defeated Huracan Sandoval and El Hijo Del Neutron in 7:33 (78)

Hellion defeated Akima Brave in 5:34 (47)

T-Bone Bright and Freddy Huggins defeated Camp Tornado in 8:56 (85)

Killer Shark defeated David Stone in 7:40 (74)

Hammond & Brown © defeated Human Arsenal and Benny Benson to retain the TCW Tag Team Titles in 13:25 (77)

Mr Nuclear defeated Dazzling Dave Diamond in 6:29 (79)

Wolf Hawkins and Joshua Taylor defeated Mainstream Hernandez and Aaron Andrews in 21:04 (98)

Overall Rating 95

Well, that was unexpectedly our fifth best match and fourth best show ever. It wasn’t the best match of the night however, as The Hand members Angry Gilmore and Remo defeated The Posse (Rocky Golden and Des Davids) in a fantastic 99 rated match up.

Remarkably that was Human Arsenal and Benny Benson’s 43rd match teaming together since last year in some form or another (about half of them were six man or more), yet I’ve still never made them an official team. As apparently I don’t like having tag experience bonuses.

At Saturday Night Showcase Chris Flynn and Nick Booth both earned tag victories, as we learned that they would face one another on Tuesday night for the first time ever after feuding on and off since their tag team broke up. Nate Johnson threw his toys out the pram at losing his match partnering with Titan, which was confusing. Sure, he hasn’t won a match in 17 months (ouch) and has been annoyed with me for over a year, but normally he accepts the job each day. We ignored him. The opener was a late addition to the card when we were running short, and local worker Ray Cavalero (in his third appearance for TCW) found great chemistry with Yuri Yoshihara. I couldn’t, could I?

The New Syndicate defeated Yuri Yoshihara and Ray Cavalero in 6:48 (63)

Bear Bekowski and Nick Booth defeated Jaylon Martins and Xavi Ferrera in 8:26 (55)

Zeus and Nick Gilbert defeated Titan and Nate Johnson in 7:54 (58)

Matthew Keith and Seth Whitehead defeated Masked Cougar and Huracan Sandoval in 11:22 (59)

Chris Flynn and Quentin Queen defeated Pink Spider and Danny Darkness in 9:42 (61)

High Flyin Hawaiian defeated Raphael in 11:47 (73)

Overall Rating 75

Huh, SWF are going to let Valiant go. He’s well into time decline, with his stamina dropping off noticeably, but I thought he could have done a job for another year or so. Copperhead is also leaving MAW – he had a yearlong tag title reign with Deuce Deadline but would like to try his hand elsewhere.

Findlay O’Farraday © vs Zeus for the TCW TV Title

Steven Parker, Joffy Laine, High Flying Hawiaain and Flying Jimmy Foxx vs The Syndicate

Chris Flynn vs Nick Booth

Sifu Storm vs Titan and Nate Johnson

Hammond & Brown and David Stone vs The Empire

Freddy Huggins vs Benny Benson

Mr Nuclear vs Matthew Keith

Early in this show Sam Keith told Queen Emily, on behalf of JK Stallings, that she was abusing her power as TCW Commissioner. Emily refuted this, to say that Jay Chord was the top wrestler in TCW, and promptly booked Sam’s son against Mr Nuclear in the main event. That was booked evenly, and Matthew Keith even managed to apply the Proton Lock. As Mr Nuclear broke the hold by powering over to the ropes he was met by Jay Chord and his World Heavyweight Title between the eyes. This led to the The Empire piling in, with the commentary team arguing with Emma Chase about if this really proved that Jay Chord was the best.

Earlier in the night The Empire (excluding Spencer Spade) took victory against the tag champions, Hammond & Brown, and David Stone. Like last week David Stone took plenty of punishment, that he kept coming back from, although he did take the pin following a Devolution Bomb from Hellion. The highest rated match of the night saw Benny Benson’s best singles performance in years, albeit in defeat to Freddy Huggins. After the match Huggins and Spade agreed to a final match in their series to settle their feud once and for all at Destructive Energy. Another feud was settled as Chris Flynn cleanly defeated former tag partner Nick Booth, while Findlay O’Farraday successfully defended the TCW Title against relative newcomer Zeus.

We did have a debut of a new tag team, with former 21CW World Champion Ricky Storm joining his old tag team partner, Sifu, at TCW. I’ve shortened their tag team name (for those that don’t know they’ve previously tagged under the name Crouching Sifu, Hidden Storm), but they were as successful as they have been in 21CW, defeating Titan and Nate Johnson.

The Syndicate took another victory with Ranger pinning Flying Jimmy Foxx, before Aaron Andrews came out to challenge The Syndicate man, who he has never previously faced, to a match at Destructive Energy. Ranger got a bit of mic time and told Andrews that the former champion was just that – a former. He’s hanging on his legacy, but cannot keep up with the talent coming through, and he will put him back to his losing ways. Later in the show Queen Emily made Mainstream Hernandez, Steven Parker and Joffy Laine vs The Syndicate (Wolf Hawkins, Joshua Taylor and Ernest Youngman) for next week, which if The Syndicate won would earn Hawkins the chance to battle Mainstream Hernandez for his World Heavyweight Title shot that he earned at Hotter Than Hell. T-Bone Bright and Killer Shark also had a backstage confrontation, and we can see where that one’s going.

Findlay O’Farraday © defeated Zeus to retain the TCW TV Title in 7:47 (79)

The Syndicate defeated Steven Parker, Joffy Laine, High Flying Hawaiian and Flying Jimmy Foxx in 11:13 (84)

Chris Flynn defeated Nick Booth in 7:26 (75)

Sifu Storm defeated Titan and Nate Johnson in 7:31 (54)

The Empire defeated Hammond & Brown and David Stone in 11:08 (76)

Freddy Huggins defeated Benny Benson in 11:48 (86)

Mr Nuclear defeated Matthew Keith by DQ in 10:47 (80)

Overall Rating 86

Nate Johnson was going to complain at another loss, but Sifu has perfected that intimidating look, so he reluctantly jobbed once more. I was not expecting to be able to sign Ricky Storm as both 21CW and SWF offered more hard cash (more than Stallings would let me offer), but the extras added it meant that we now have a healthy addition to our tag division.

After the show Nick Booth got sent down to HGC – I don’t want him to become a jobber, but after losing almost every match in his feud with Chris Flynn that looked like his direction of travel, so a change of scenery should do him some good. He got a tag title shot on his debut, teaming with James Diaz, but came up short against champions Zippy Deverell and Jack Pryde. There was worse news in the preshow thought, as English wrestler Lone Wolf, in just his second HGC match, was injured for a couple of months after an Akahito Bunya botch. Bunya is a Japanese rookie light heavyweight with plenty of star quality, but very little skills… of any type. He has been in HGC for almost three months but this was also only in his second match, as booker Tamara McFly doesn’t seem to trust the youngster.

At Saturday Night Showcase Pink Spider suffered a whiplash injury… wait, the game crashed. A quick rebook and there’s no injury, so yay, I guess? Ray Cavalero has joined on a short-term deal and teams with Yuri Yoshihara on the novel name of… Yuray.

Akima Brave and Zeus defeated Masked Mauler and Warren Technique in 8:22 (54->55)

Bear Bekowski defeated Jaylon Martins in 7:29 (56->56)

Camp Tornado (Marc DuBois and Davis Wayne Newton) defeated Yuray in 6:51 (54->52)

Titan defeated Xavi Ferrera in 3:40 (47->42)

Roderick Remus, Steven Parker and Joffy Laine defeated Nate Johnson, Seth Whitehead and Pink Spider in 9:37 (59->64)

Shockura defeated El Hijo Del Neutron and Masked Cougar in 12:02 (73->77)

Overall Rating 73->75

Before crash->after crash

American Flash suffers a major concussion against Shooting Star Perez at GSW. He’s gone 33-9 between CZCW and GSW and looked destined for one of the big promotions shortly. Now? The dream might be over. Meanwhile The Apocalypse drop the APW Tag Team Titles as it’s announced that Hatemonger will leave. Does the singles push for Warmonger begin now?

Hammond & Brown and Sifu Storm vs Shockura, Human Arsenal and Benny Benson

Aaron Andrews vs Seth Whitehead

Roderick Remus vs Davis Wayne Newton

T-Bone Bright and David Stone vs Killer Shark and Findlay O’Farraday

Akima Brave and Zeus vs The Empire

Mainstream Hernandez, Steven Parker and Joffy Laine vs The Syndicate (Wolf Hawkins, Joshua Taylor and Ernest Youngman)

Mr Nuclear vs Spencer Spade

• 2 weeks later...

Since Mr Nuclear arrived the show has been booked around his feud with The Empire, and again he fought in the Main Event, getting a victory over Spencer Spade with an assist from Freddy Huggins. However, there has been some great matches down the card, none as good The Syndicate versus Mainstream Hernandez, Steven Parker and Joffy Laine, which was my fifth best match ever, and ended with Taylor pinning Laine after interference by Ranger.

The show had started with Queen Emily giving Mr Nuclear a rematch for the World Heavyweight Title at Destructive Energy – and the match would be held in a steel cell to ensure that there were no distractions. Emma Chase was not impressed at this, but Emily added more – she was also awarding Dazzling Dave Diamond and Hellion a tag title shot, but this would be lost if they attacked Mr Nuclear before then. To see them then defeat Akima Brave and Zeus after that was not a surprise.

There was somewhat of an upset as, despite being beaten down for most of the match, David Stone was able to make the hot tag to T-Bone Bright who made a clean pin on O’Farraday, much to tag partner's Killer Shark’s anger. Roderick Remus got a hard fought victory over DWN in preparation for his match against Marc DuBois at the PPV, while Sifu Storm took another victory, this time teaming with the tag champions Hammond & Brown. Finally, Aaron Andrews had a straightforward match against Seth Whitehead, before listing to Ranger all the giants who had come to TCW that he had put away.

Roderick Remus defeated Davis Wayne Newton in 7:54 (81)

The Empire defeated Akima Brave and Zeus in 7:10 (78)

Hammond & Brown and Sifu Storm defeated Shockura, Human Arsenal and Benny Benson in 11:06 (79)

T-Bone Bright and David Stone defeated Killer Shark and Findlay O’Farraday in 8:24 (79)

Aaron Andrews defeated Seth Whitehead in 7:27 (77)

The Syndicate defeated Mainstream Hernandez, Steven Parker and Joffy Laine in 11:35 (98)

Mr Nuclear defeated Spencer Spade in 17:55 (91)

Overall Rating 93

I’m not sure if I’ll ever appreciate how good my quartet of Mainstream Hernandez, Steven Parker, Roderick Remus and Greg Gauge were when they formed a faction together for half year. Their work together made Roderick Remus far more popular (50 to 78 over the last year), and produced some quite fabulous matches, especially in the tag division. Although Parker was moved away from the remaining two from this group after Total Mayhem, he found his way to teaming with Hernandez (and Joffy Laine) here to fantastic results, albeit in defeat.

On Saturday Night Showcase Mighty Mo took issues with being rolled out on Showcase again, saying that this proved that Queen Emily didn’t value him. For the rest of the episode he got various distaining comments from Showcase regulars, and for one moment it did look like Zeus would get a victory in the Main Event with the Olympian Crush. It was not to be, and it was Titan who got the pin over Akima Brave to take the victory. We also had Emma Chase accuse Matthew Keith of working with his dad against The Empire, which Keith backed away from saying that he had nothing to do with his father.

Human Arsenal and Benny Benson defeated Yuray in 6:56 (59)

Camp Tornado defeated Nick Gilbert and Tigre Salvaje in 6:51 (62)

High Flyin Hawaiian, Flying Jimmy Foxx and El Hijo Del Neutron defeated Raphael, Pink Spider and Guillotine in 9:13 (58)

Matthew Keith and Bear Bekowski defeated Quentin Queen and Jaylon Martins in 8:21 (60)

Shockura defeated Xavi Ferrera and Masked Cougar in 8:43 (72)

Mighty Mo and Titan defeated Akima Brave and Zeus in 8:45 (72)

Overall Rating 75

There’s another botch in HGC, with Texas Hangman having his nose broken by AP Backlund, an 18-year-old School of Pro Wrestling graduate who in technically sound, but needing several years of polish. Drugs in wrestling rears its ugly head as a muscular Simon Flemmingway, who moved from PGHW to BHOTWG last year, is shopped as a steroid user. WLW are expected to exploit this opportunity… Meanwhile at The DAVE Birthday Bash Kurt Laramee poetically won the PSW Championship from Nelson Callum, while at GSW California Love Machine becomes the King of California.

Mr Nuclear vs Raphael

Doc Hammond vs Dazzling Dave Diamond

Aaron Andrews and Sifu Storm vs Titan, Danny Darkness and Nate Johnson

Chis Flynn vs Eddie Peak

High Flyin Hawaiian, Flying Jimmy Foxx and Huracan Sandoval vs Camp Tornado

Joffy Laine vs Ranger

Mainstream Hernandez and Steven Parker vs Human Arsenal and Benny Benson

T-Bone Bright and David Stone vs Spencer Spade and Jay Chord

The show opened with Jay Chord threatening Mr Nuclear, which made Queen Emily add the stipulation that he would be stripped of his title if he touched Mr Nuclear before Sunday – but also in fairness, Mr Nuclear couldn’t touch him. However, this came back to haunt Mr Nuclear after the Main Event. Again, David Stone took a beating but kept coming back for more, but an unseen (don’t ask how) attack from Killer Shark earned The Empire the victory. As Spencer Spade kept T-Bone Bright busy Jay Chord continued the assault on David Stone, and Mr Nuclear rushed out from the back… to realise he couldn’t do anything. Jay Chord laughed and rolled Stone to Killer Shark and, while Chord kept himself between Mr Nuclear and Killer Shark, proceeded to drive him through a table. It was only when Freddy Huggins came out to attack Spencer Spade that T-Bone Bright was freed up to go after Killer Shark in a frenetic end of the show.

Apart from that, it was mainly someone who had a PPV match vs someone who doesn’t, with relevant winners, including Aaron Andrews teaming with Sifu Storm in another victory. Chris Flynn, who will challenge for the TV Title (but we haven’t announced it), had a blow off match with Eddie Peak after I realised… we had never run it. With no Sinner Society, no Nick Booth, and a contract running down, we may be in the last days of Eddie Peak in TCW.

Mr Nuclear defeated Raphael in 3:48 (75)

Dazzling Dave Diamond defeated Doc Hammond in 8:24 (75)

Aaron Andrews and Sifu Storm defeated Titan, Danny Darkness and Nate Johnson in 7:14 (75)

Chris Flynn defeated Eddie Peak in 5:48 (72)

Camp Tornado defeated High Flyin Hawaiian, Flying Jimmy Foxx and Huracan Sandoval in 8:44 (70)

Ranger defeated Joffy Laine in 5:54 (77)

Mainstream Hernandez and Steven Parker defeated Human Arsenal and Benny Benson in 10:40 (86)

Jay Chord and Spencer Spade defeated T-Bone Bright and David Stone in 14:02 (90)

Overall Rating 91

Not the most competitive card, but a couple of great matches made it a decent show. Sifu Storm’s victory has taken them from unimportant to recognisable, a position recently reached by Hellion, David Stone and Davis Wayne Newton. Matthew Keith and Joffy Laine are still unrecognisable (yes, I know I’ve been booking Laine terribly for over 18 months, but he was in one of my top matches ever last week). I'm not sure if we've ever squeezed eight matches on a card before, but we managed it last night.

Before Saturday Night Showcase we found out that Sam Keith has taken Ray Cavalero under his wing as a protegee… he wasn’t exactly a long term plan at TCW…

Zeus and Quentin Queen defeated Nate Johnson and Pink Spider in 8:23 (56)

Human Arsenal defeated Ray Cavalero in 5:37 (63)

Matthew Keith and Bear Bekowski defeated Tiger Salvaje and Xavi Ferrera in 8:59 (63)

High Flying Hawaiian defeated Seth Whitehead in 7:40 (70)

Davis Wayne Newton defeated Masked Cougar in 8:21 (65)

Mighty Mo defeated Nick Gilbert in 10:31 (74)

Overall Rating 78

ZWB’s contract came up, and he’s a huge talent, so we offered a contract. As SWF and USPW went to battle big time we realised that time decline was already set in and that, along with the fact we don’t need someone his level, led to me backing out. SWF did enough to get ZWB to re-sign, and I think both parties will be happy with that deal. Meanwhile, USPW finally take the World Title off Tyson Baine, passing it on to Steve Frehley. There were seven better matches on the card (including a great match between Greg Gauge and Sammy Bach).

And… that’s huge news. Well, maybe I’ve made it bigger news than it was? The press haven’t found out about it, so we’ll keep this one quiet until after the PPV.

TCW Destructive Energy:

T-Bone Bright vs Killer Shark

Steven Parker and Joffy Laine vs Joshua Taylor and Ernest Youngman

Roderick Remus vs Marc DuBois

Findlay O’Farraday © vs Chris Flynn for the TCW TV Title

Aaron Andrews vs Ranger

Freddy Huggins vs Spencer Spade

Mainstream Hernandez vs Wolf Hawkins

Hammond & Brown © vs The Empire for the TCW Tag Team Titles

Jay Chord © vs Mr Nuclear for the TCW World Heavyweight Title

TCW Destructive Energy:

The show opened with a TV Title match, which we learnt during the match that David Stone would have been in if it wasn’t for him being taken out by Jay Chord and Killer Shark earlier in the week. Instead, Chris Flynn (hot off his victory over Eddie Peak) got the shot, and it was a quite fantastic opener. Flynn got a couple of nearfalls, but O’Farraday retained his title with an Atomic Spinebuster.

In the following match Davis Wayne Newton was out with Marc DuBois for his match against Roderick Remus, but there was no Troy Tornado to be seen… nor was he mentioned on commentary. The men engaged the crowd but didn’t blow anyone away, and the finish came when DWN tried to assist DuBois, but accidentally took DuBois out allowing Remus to deliver the Brainbuster Suplex to take the victory.

The next match really should have been later on the card, as Ranger got a huge upset victory over Aaron Andrews. He really had to fight for it, with interference from his Syndicate colleagues and a low blow that was unseen by the ref, but he got the surprise 1-2-3. Syndicate colleagues Joshua Taylor and Ernest Youngman followed that up with a victory over Steven Parker and Joffy Laine, in a match that almost fell apart when Laine bruised his bicep muscle, leaving him unable to use his left arm. Steven Parker did a decent job picking up the slack before Youngman put him away with The Hit, but the match could have been better.

Next up Freddy Huggins and Spencer Spade finished off their series of three matches. It was the second best of the three matches, and again, for some reason, the psychology was off. It was still a great match, and Freddy Huggins took the victory cleanly with a Huggins Kiss. That psychology dipped even further in the next match between T-Bone Bright and Killer Shark, but that was always expected. The former Sinner Society member hasn’t lost a singles match in over a year, and he continued on the run here in a wandering brawl which had both men plowing through the ring barriers. Killer Shark was the first to recover and dragged Bright into the ring for a short exchange before putting him away with the Big Bite.

Another brawl was next (this card was clearly misordered) as the tag reign of Hammond & Brown ended at the hands of The Empire, and it was Hellion’s power that put away Doc Hammond as the former RIPW star continued his impressive start to his TCW career. Then Wolf Hawkins and Mainstream Hernandez had a fantastic, if short match, a match where Ranger continued to have an impact, turning Hernandez inside out as Hawkins distracted the ref. This allowed Hawkins to deliver a Full Moon Rising for the victory, taking Mainstream Hernandez’s title shot from him that he earned last month.

Finally, the steel cell came down before champion Jay Chord and challenger Mr Nuclear had the Match of the Night. It built up slowly, before the two men started using the steel around the ring as a weapon. The men exchanged finishing moves, but both men were able to kick out, and the commentary team begun to wonder what it would take to win this match. Emma Chase was also concerned, so slipped Jay Chord a set of brass knuckles through the cage. There was a swing and a miss, but after a minute Chord managed to connect, dropping Mr Nuclear to the floor. An exhausting Jay Chord dropped to his knees, and unusually the cameraman who was in cell stepped into the ring and put the camera in Mr Nuclear’s face. Jay Chord shoved the cameraman to the side, before dragging Mr Nuclear to his feet. As he prepared for a Cradle Piledriver the cameraman blasted Chord from behind with his camera. He pulled down his hood to reveal he was none other than Edd Stone, who followed up with a Party’s Over on Chord. Mr Nuclear staggered to his feet and delivered a Mushroom Cloud, before making the pin to take the TCW World Heavyweight Title.

Findlay O’Farraday © defeated Chris Flynn in 9:07 to retain the TCW TV Title (83)

Roderick Remus defeated Marc DuBois in 8:28 (75)

Ranger defeated Aaron Andrews in 18:58 (82)

Joshua Taylor and Ernest Youngman defeated Steven Parker and Joffy Laine in 11:15 (69)

Freddy Huggins defeated Spencer Spade in 14:11 (89)

Killer Shark defeated T-Bone Bright in 8:48 (78)

The Empire defeated Hammond & Brown © to win the TCW Tag Team Titles in 10:47 (78)

Wolf Hawkins defeated Mainstream Hernandez in 13:50 (92)

Mr Nuclear defeated Jay Chord © in a steel cage match in 19:28 to win the TCW World Heavyweight Title (94)

Mr Nuclear becomes TCW World Heavyweight Champion, just two months after he joined TCW. This has upset some fans who believe that he hasn’t yet earned the title, and makes SWF look bigger than TCW. It certainly wasn’t the plan, but Edd Stone’s injury left my main event plans disrupted and putting Mr Nuclear into the mix was an easy solution. Even then I only decided that he would get the victory after I planned the Edd Stone “cameraman” finish. It wasn’t all bad for The Empire, as Dazzling Dave Diamond and Hellion took the Tag Team Titles. The injury to Joffy Laine is something that he should be able to work through, but after he fell apart in the match he will likely be kept out of the ring during his recovery.

So, the news I kept hush hush before the PPV was my first ever positive drugs test result (in any version of the game). Now, it was for prescription painkillers, but Troy Tornado could not produce a prescription to go with the drugs. If ever a man has a right to be on painkillers it’s a man who broke his neck at TCW, but he doesn’t work house shows, doesn’t work B shows, and has doesn’t wrestle every week. If he’s abusing meds despite this, we’ve got a problem, and I told him that he had to go to rehab, fully paid for by TCW. It looks like he’s going to make the most of it, as he’s taking the full nine months.

This was the reason why DuBois lost via botched Davis Wayne Newton interference. Camp Tornado cannot exist in its current form, so plans got adapted.

Findlay O’Farraday © vs Quentin Queen for the TCW TV Title

Nick Gilbert vs Killer Shark

Two Man Army vs The New Syndicate

Freddy Huggins vs Raphael

Hammond & Brown vs Marc DuBois and Davis Wayne Newton

Chris Flynn and Sifu Storm vs Titan, Human Arsenal and Benny Benson

Mr Nuclear and T-Bone Bright vs Jay Chord and Spencer Spade

• 2 weeks later...

The new World Heavyweight Champion, Mr Nuclear started the show, and he got a couple of minutes thanking the TCW crowd for their overwhelming support since coming to TCW, before Jay Chord came out to tell him to just stop it. He told Nuclear that his was a fraudulent title reign – he had Nuclear beaten until Edd Stone decided to interfere in his business. This brought Edd Stone out to ask if Chord had any idea why he got involved in the Main Event. The former champion seemed to have no idea, until Edd Stone reminded him how he helped Killer Shark brutalise his nephew last week. Queen Emily told Edd Stone that his interference was not acceptable on Sunday, and he wasn’t even cleared to wrestle yet following his ankle injury. Edd Stone insisted he was, and Emily told him he would be assessed by doctors next week, but until then he was banned from the ring, at risk of his TCW career. Meanwhile, she announced that Jay Chord would get his title rematch next week and would team with Spencer Spade against Mr Nuclear and T-Bone Bright tonight.

When it came to the Main Event it was an even contest, and as Mr Nuclear looked to get the upper hand on Spencer Spade the rest of The Empire hit the ring, double teaming the champion to end the match in a DQ, and The Empire stood strong in the ring as the show ended. It had been a fantastic match – by far the best of the night as every other match was decent, without being spectacular. Nick Gilbert got his first Total Wrestling appearance, but only managed a small amount of offence before being crushed by Killer Shark. Findlay O’Farraday retained his title against Quentin Queen, while Queen’s former partner Raphael fell to Freddy Huggins. The former Tag Champions, Hammond & Brown took victory against Marc DuBois and Davis Wayne Newton (no mention of Camp Tornado), and they have also got a rematch for the titles next week.

We did have a debut, as Matty Faith appeared backstage to state that he was in TCW to make an impact against the best wrestlers in the world. He was confronted by Matthew Keith who challenged his credentials, and they’ll meet next week. Backstage and we had a despondent Mainstream Hernandez, having lost his World Heavyweight Title shot to Wolf Hawkins at Destructive Energy, and even his former partner Roderick Remus was having issues cheering him up. Aaron Andrews told Hernandez that he had felt that way earlier this year and could be feeling that way after being defeated by Ranger on Sunday – but Jennifer Heat had got him focus, and he knows that he can take revenge. After The New Syndicate defeated Two Man Army Wolf Hawkins told both Andrews and Hernandez that they were both failures, and The Syndicate is the perfect unit that is going to take over again when he wins his World Heavyweight Title shot.

The other match saw Chris Flynn team up with Sifu Storm to take victory over Titan, Human Arsenal and Benny Benson, while backstage the Freddy Huggins / Edd Stone / David Stone alliance seems to be being secured, even though Huggins is the only man not carrying an on screen injury right now.

Findlay O’Farraday © defeated Quentin Queen to retain the TCW TV Title in 8:37 (78)

Chris Flynn and Sifu Storm defeated Titan, Human Arsenal and Benny Benson in 11:59 (76)

The New Syndicate defeated Two Man Army in 7:29 (76)

Killer Shark defeated Nick Gilbert in 3:36 (76)

Hammond & Brown defeated Marc DuBois and Davis Wayne Newton in 12:34 (78)

Freddy Huggins defeated Raphael in 9:04 (78)

Mr Nuclear and T-Bone Bright defeated Jay Chord and Spencer Spade by disqualification in 13:33 (97)

Overall Rating 94

Outside the Main Event the show was moderately decent, but considering a lot of my stars sat this one out I was happy with the show. Nick Gilbert will be keeping an eye on Matty Faith’s development, as he may not be happy if he’s used in a role that he thinks he should take (Gilbert is definitely the better wrestler, but less well known (although Faith barely cracked the midcard at SWF)). Next week there are a couple of title matches on the line, the highlight being Jay Chord being awarded his rematch for the World Heavyweight Title free on TV.

Human Arsenal, Benny Benson and Titan defeated El Hijo Del Neutron, Tigre Salvaje and Jaylon Martins in 10:55 (60)

Huracan Sandoval defeated Nate Johnson in 5:45 (54)

High Flyin Hawaiian and Flying Jimmy Foxx defeated Bear Bekowksi and Pink Spider by DQ in 9:52 (59)

Matthew Keith defeated Xavi Ferrera in 6:39 (52)

-Didn’t click

Zeus and Akima Brave defeated Danny Darkness and Raphael in 7:53 (58)

Mighty Mo and Seth Whitehead defeated Yuray in 6:27 (68)

Steven Parker defeated Pretty Okakura in 8:46 (80)

Overall Rating 77

Roderick Remus signs a new deal after a bit of competition for SWF – he’s now earning twice the salary of Aaron Andrews. After leaving APW a couple of weeks ago, Victor Goliath opens up YEPW. We’ll see if that has any impact – he signs up Debonair David Peterson as head booker.

Freddy Huggins, T-Bone Bright and Chris Flynn vs Shockura and Seth Whitehead

Sifu Storm vs Marc DuBois and Davis Wayne Newton

The Empire © vs Hammond & Brown for the TCW Tag Team Titles

Aaron Andrews vs Bear Bekowski

Matty Faith vs Matthew Keith

Steven Parker and High Flyin Hawaiian vs Wolf Hawkins and Joshua Taylor

Mr Nuclear © vs Jay Chord for the TCW World Heavyweight Title

Mr Nuclear successfully retained his title after an okay match with Jay Chord, which didn’t quite grab the crowd’s imagination, and is a little longer match than Mr Nuclear should be wrestling. He was tired by the end of the match and Jay Chord… pretended to be tired as well to match his opponent. They exchanged failed attempts at finishers when Killer Shark made his way down to the ring. The competitors stopped and stared for a moment, before Chord went for a Jay Cutter on Nuclear, which Mr Nuclear reversed into a Mushroom Cloud to end the match in an underwhelming fashion. That was the trigger for Killer Shark to enter to ring and attack Mr Nuclear, delivering two Big Bites to end the show with the monster standing over the champion.

Elsewhere in the show Spencer Spade was on Edd Stone’s case all show about his fitness test, but Edd passed… as did David Stone. They promised that they would be back in the ring next week, which left Spade annoyed. His Empire colleagues Dazzling Dave Diamond and Hellion retained their tag titles in a brief brawl, but the best tag match of the night saw Wolf Hawkins and Joshua Taylor defeat Steven Parker and High Flyin Hawaiian in a fantastic contest, which The Syndicate members only won because of The Syndicate interference.

Before that match Matty Faith won his debut match over Matthew Keith (despite Keith outperforming his colleague). He took the mic afterwards to put over his family’s credentials but was cut off by Wolf Hawkins. The Syndicate leader told Matty Faith that no-one cares about his family – there are too many people in wrestling trying to live off their father’s legacy, but the greatest legacy in TCW is his.

In the opener Chris Flynn joined Freddy Huggins and T-Bone Bright in a good match against Shockura and Seth Whitehead, Flynn getting the pin over Whitehead. Sifu Storm continued their good run with victory against the former Camp Tornado (no, he wasn’t mentioned on TV) members, while Aaron Andrews took a victory over Bear Bekowski. Jennifer Heat is working with Aaron Andrews and Mainstream Hernandez to motivate themselves after recent defeats – it’s working better with Andrews than Hernandez right now.

Freddy Huggins, T-Bone Bright and Chris Flynn defeated Shockura and Seth Whitehead in 10:50 (82)

Sifu Storm defeated Marc DuBois and Davis Wayne Newton in 9:52 (72)

The Empire © defeated Hammond & Brown to retain the TCW Tag Team Titles in 7:30 (76)

Aaron Andrews defeated Bear Bekowski in 8:07 (77)

Matty Faith defeated Matthew Keith in 8:28 (82)

Wolf Hawkins and Joshua Taylor defeated Steven Parker and High Flyin Hawaiian in 13:13 (94)

Mr Nuclear © defeated Jay Chord in 19:12 to retain the TCW World Heavyweight Title (85)

Overall Rating 90

What happened in the Main Event? A good match, but too long, not the greatest finish, but more importantly… Mr Nuclear has lost the Midas Touch. In the last two years he has been one of the hottest wrestlers in North America, and I was eager to capture some of this golden run, which did get me some great matches (and he still had the Midas Touch when he won at the PPV). But now he’s a World Champion with popularity 86, which puts him under Andrews, Chase, Huggins, Chord, Hernandez, Mighty Mo (who has been off main show for a while), Spade, Bright and Hawkins…

Elsewhere we’re desperately moving pieces around to set up Threatening Behaviour after ending a few feuds – we have exactly nothing announced yet.

18-year-old AP Backlund causes his second injury in the last five weeks, and this time it’s a worse injury to Jessica Conroy in a mixed gender match. He slammed Conroy’s back into the ringpost without offering any protection – it was clearly his fault, and Conroy was very vocal about it after the show. The youngster is on a handshake deal for his technical skills, but if anyone offers him a deal I’m tempted to cut him loose for him to prove himself elsewhere.

Sifu Storm and Nick Gilbert defeated Titan, Nate Johnson and Raphael in 8:31 (57)

Marc DuBois defeated Masked Cougar in 5:38 (61)

Human Arsenal and Benny Benson defeated Zeus and Tigre Salvaje in 10:12 (67)

Findlay O’Farraday © defeated Xavi Ferrera to retain the TCW TV Title in 9:10 (67)

Roderick Remus defeated Pink Spider in 7:28 (69)

Mighty Mo defeated Akima Brave in 8:48 (81)

Overall Rating 82

Wow, that was quite a main event to Saturday Night Showcase, coming after Mighty Mo, Emma Chase and Queen Emily cut a hot promo in the ring with Mo making Emily promise that he would have a match at Threatening Behaviour. Earlier in the show we had Edd and David Stone arguing with The Empire, and David Stone seems to have developed a new catchphrase… let’s go for “You can’t keep me down”.

Remo extends his SWF deal, earning himself almost half a million dollars each month. They also sign COTT World Heavyweight champion Frankie Boy Fernandez who has been one of the indy stars in the last year, whether or not that transfers to mainstream success remains to be seen. He effectively replaces Valiant, who moves on to USPW.

And… Eddie Peak signs a new deal with TCW? I never offered him one. Oh, Stallings has stepped in to personally offer a new deal. Guess that’s his right to. I had Peak’s last match in TCW planned next week, now I don’t know where I want to go with him (no surprise to anyone given he’s been offscreen for a month, and has only had four matches all year, three involving Chris Flynn in a feud which is well and truly over). He’s not happy that I didn’t give him a pay rise last month, so seems to be sticking around for the cash…

Quentin Queen vs Killer Shark

T-Bone Bright and Chris Flynn vs Shockura to name the No 1 Contenders to the TCW Tag Team Titles

One Man Army and Nick Gilbert vs The New Syndicate

Mr Nuclear © vs Eddie Peak in a non-title match

Total Stone vs Marc DuBois and Davis Wayne Newton

High Flyin Hawaiian vs Joshua Taylor

Aaron Andrews, Freddy Huggins, Mainstream Hernandez and Roderick Remus vs The Empire (Jay Chord, Spencer Spade, Dazzling Dave Diamond and Hellion)

After Killer Shark dispatched Quentin Queen, Queen Emily announced him as Mr Nuclear’s opponent at Threatening Behaviour. Mr Nuclear then got a warmup brawl against Eddie Peak, who reminded the champion that Killer Shark’s last singles pinfall defeat came 14 months ago (he has a 21-1 record in singles since then, having only lost to Aaron Andrews who fluked a victory in his cage match against Killer Shark when the monster threw him through the cage). The ref was happy to let Peak and Nuclear bend the rules as they brawled around the ring before the champion took the victory and stood toe to toe with Killer Shark.

The Main Event saw The Empire (with Dazzling Dave Diamond ringside) get a victory over the strong team of Aaron Andrews, Mainstream Hernandez and Freddy Huggins when Mighty Mo and Matthew Keith attacked Andrews and Huggins outside the ring. This left Huggins exposed in the ring where he fell to a Devolution Bomb from Hellion. Total Stone, who won an earlier match against DuBois and DWN did come out to assist after the match, but Jay Chord and Spencer Spade made a beeline for them as battles were taking place everywhere as the show ended.

Earlier in the show T-Bone Bright and Chris Flynn were named as the number one contenders to the tag titles with victory over Shockura, and it was Flynn who made the pin on Okakura. We also got One Man Army and Nick Gilbert teaming for the first time, albeit in defeat to The New Syndicate, before Wolf Hawkins once again criticised Matty Faith coming to TCW. The youngster was not to be perturbed and challenged Wolf Hawkins to a match at Threatening Behaviour, which was accepted. Finally, Joshua Taylor defeated High Flyin Hawaiian, having earlier got into a confrontation with Doc Hammond and Lenny Brown backstage.

T-Bone Bright and Chris Flynn defeated Shockura to become No 1 Contender to the TCW Tag Team Titles in 11:17 (79)

Killer Shark defeated Quentin Queen in 4:02 (77)

The New Syndicate defeated One Man Army and Nick Gilbert in 7:45 (80)

Mr Nuclear © defeated Eddie Peak in a non-title match in 6:32 (76)

Total Stone defeated Marc DuBois and Davis Wayne Newton in 8:37 (75)

Joshua Taylor defeated High Flyin Hawaiian in 9:46 (82)

The Empire (Jay Chord, Spencer Spade and Hellion) defeated Aaron Andrews, Mainstream Hernandez and Freddy Huggins in 14:16 (94)

Overall Rating 93

The backstage segments did a good job of setting up Threatening Behaviour, but to be honest without the Main Event the wrestling was decent, without being spectacular. One Man Army and Nick Gilbert have shown good chemistry as a tag team, and that looks like a team that could work for a while, while Mighty Mo finally comes back to the main show, joining with Matthew Keith to make an impact in the Main Event. Mr Nuclear / Killer Shark could either be an amazing brawl, or distinctly average – no idea where it will end up.

Following the show Marc DuBois really hit the gym and toned up (+5 SQ) – he seems to have taken it upon himself to find a path for him following Troy Tornado’s mishap.

Dazzling Dave Diamond defeated Xavi Ferrera in 6:48 (64)

Steven Parker, Zeus Maximillian and Huracan Sandoval defeated Raphael, Seth Whitehead and Pink Spider in 11:01 (66)

Findlay O’Farraday © defeated Charlie Thatcher to retain the TCW TV Title in 5:55 (72)

Hammond & Brown defeated Titan and Danny Darkness in 8:55 (69)

Human Arsenal defeated Masked Cougar in 8:08 (68)

Mighty Mo and Matthew Keith defeated Akima Brave and Flying Jimmy Foxx in 9:31 (70)

Overall Rating 76

The one thing having a slightly lower quality Total Wrestling show meant was that the quality on Saturday Night Showcase was much higher than usual. The highlights were Mighty Mo and Matthew Keith explaining how they had to take matters into their own hands to earn respect in TCW, and a Findlay O’Farraday TV Title match against Charlie Thatcher, who as on a one match only deal after leaving USPW last month. Impressively, it was Thatcher’s best match in over a year, helped by O’Farraday’s overness in the Mid Atlantic.

Sifu Storm, Steven Parker and High Flyin Hawaiian vs The New Syndicate and Shockura

Matty Faith vs Seth Whitehead

T-Bone Bright vs Dazzling Dave Diamond

One Man Army and Nick Gilbert vs Mighty Mo and Matthew Keith

Mr Nuclear © vs Titan in a non-title match

Doc Hammond vs Joshua Taylor

Mainstream Hernandez and Roderick Remus vs Killer Shark and Wolf Hawkins

We led into Threatening Behaviour with a fabulous Main Event – by far the best match that Killer Shark has ever been in. He was made to team with Wolf Hawkins by Queen Emily, and although his more experienced, talented colleague did most of the in ring work, Killer Shark had a devastating impact, winning the match after a Big Bite on Roderick Remus. He didn’t let up after the match which brought Mr Nuclear, then Mighty Mo and Matthew Keith, then Aaron Andrews and Freddy Huggins to the ring for an end of show bundle. Wolf Hawkins backed up, but came face to face with Matty Faith, who defeated Seth Whitehead earlier in the show, and continued an argument started earlier when Hawkins tried to dismiss his ability,

Mr Nuclear defeated Killer Shark’s former partner Titan in a warm up for Sunday’s match, and after Joshua Taylor defeated Doc Hammond, Lenny Brown challenged The Syndicate member to a match at Threatening Behaviour. We saw a preview of the Tag Title match when T-Bone Bright and Dazzling Dave Diamond had a short brawl which ended in DQ after Hellion attacked Bright, and after the match match Chris Flynn became the latest person on the roster to break out a new catchphrase. Er… no, I’ve got nothing right now. Mighty Mo teamed with Matthew Keith to defeated One Man Army & Nick Gilbert, but Mo had to leave Keith to it in the ring after One Man Army’s foot caught him in the eye, which ruined the flow of the match. In the opener we mixed two tag matches from Sunday, with the team of The New Syndicate and Shockura taking the victory with Ranger pinning High Flying Hawaiian.

During the show we also set up Aaron Andrews, Freddy Huggins, Mainstream Hernandez and Roderick Remus vs Mighty Mo, Matthew Keith, Marc DuBois and Davis Wayne Newton, now we’ve just got a few days to think about whether or not we can run it with Mo’s injury. Definitely happening is The Empire members Jay Chord and Spencer Spade versus Edd and David Stone, as Jay Chord looks for revenge on Edd Stone for costing him the World Heavyweight Title last month.

The New Syndicate and Shockura defeated Sifu Storm, Steven Parker and High Flyin Hawaiian in 12:10 (79)

Matty Faith defeated Seth Whitehead in 3:31 (51)

T-Bone Bright defeated Dazzling Dave Diamond by disqualification in 6:10 (75)

Mighty Mo and Matthew Keith defeated One Man Army and Nick Gilbert in 7:42 (67)

Mr Nuclear © defeated Titan in a non-title match in 5:21 (76)

Joshua Taylor defeated Doc Hammond in 10:51 (82)

Killer Shark and Wolf Hawkins defeated Mainstream Hernandez and Roderick Remus in 16:19 (99)

Overall Rating 95

I was not expecting a match like that in the Main Event – yet another phenomenal match involving Hernandez and Remus (6 matches in the 90s, 3 of them also involving Wolf Hawkins). Again, about half the card was pretty average, but we’re saving the big meetings for the PPV.

Mighty Mo’s injury is interesting – he can work through it and given that he’s booked in a multi-man match at Threatening Behaviour there’s no reason why he couldn’t compete. However, he is also planned as part of an expanded King of Kings competition next month that might not be so easily covered.

Human Arsenal, Benny Benson and Pink Spider defeated El Hijo Del Neutron, Masked Cougar and Tigre Salvaje in 12:29 (67)

Bear Bekowski defeated Jaylon Martins in 5:14 (39)

Titan defeated Xavi Ferrera in 7:23 (57)

Zeus, Akima Brave and Quentin Queen defeated Nate Johnson, Danny Darkness and The Masked Mauler in 9:50 (51)

Doc Hammond defeated Raphael in 8:42 (62)

Findlay O’Farraday © defeated Jungle Jack to retain the TCW TV Title in 9:09 (68)

Overall Rating 73

Saturday Night Showcase took an expected dip in quality, with none of the wrestlers booked on Threatening Behaviour appearing in the ring. The TV Title has not found a place on the Main Show, so O’Farraday got another Saturday defence over a man appearing on a one night only deal. I have got a soft spot for Jungle Jack (Lord), who carried my Cult USPW promotion over a decade ago before being stolen by (I think) DAVE. There was no way that he was taking the title here though. The first match of the night though saw some great talent, from workers not properly being utilised at TCW. It was good to see them get a run out to show what they can do.

Greg Gauge received his first World Title shot in any promotion at USPW Born in the USA, but came up short against Steve Frehley, in a show that Jamie Quinn celebrated a new contract by taking the USPW Women’s Title for the second time. Natural Storm also took their USPW Tag Title reigns up to a massive 10 (4 of them since the game began) – that’s 14 in all promotions.

TCW Threatening Behaviour:

The Empire © vs T-Bone Bright and Chris Flynn for the TCW Tag Team Titles

Matty Faith vs Wolf Hawkins

Steven Parker and High Flyin Hawaiian vs The New Syndicate

Sifu Storm vs Shockura

Aaron Andrews, Freddy Huggins, Mainstream Hernandez and Roderick Remus vs Mighty Mo, Matthew Keith, Marc DuBois and Davis Wayne Newton

Lenny Brown vs Joshua Taylor

Total Stone vs Jay Chord and Spencer Spade

Mr Nuclear © vs Killer Shark for the TCW World Heavyweight Title

TCW Threatening Behaviour:

A strong show from top to bottom started with Sifu Storm maintaining their unbeaten start in TCW with victory over Shockura, before we went into a surprisingly long match between Lenny Brown and Joshua Taylor. It was by far the longest match that Brown has had in TCW and showed a different side to him that we hadn’t seen before. They paced it really well as Joshua Taylor tried without success to get Brown to tap out, and the face took the victory with a Star Treatmen, and the crowd loved it.

Next up Steven Parker teamed with High Flyin Hawaiian to defeat The New Syndicate, in the Hawaiian’s biggest victory in TCW to date. Matty Faith’s TCW PPV debut was a frustrating affair for the youngster, as despite matching up to The Syndicate leader he ended up being distracted by Hawkins’ colleagues. They threatened to interfere, but Faith pushed them away, but was blocked from getting back into the ring so he was unable to break the ten count.

Andrews, Huggins, Hernandez and Remus are certainly a strong team, and lived up to their favourite tags when Hernandez delivered an Apparition #14 on Davis Wayne Newton to take victory. Mighty Mo had to sit out most of the match after catching a stray elbow in his eye, that really had him struggling. The weakest match of the night was actually the Tag Title match, which was a short all-out brawl that saw the champions retain after Hellion pinned Chris Flynn. This was followed by the highest rated match of the night when The Empire members Jay Chord and Spencer faced Ed and David Stone. Jay Chord was fully focused on getting revenge on Edd Stone for costing him the World Heavyweight, but the older Stone was ready for him and quite prepared to give as much as he was getting. However, Chord was able to deliver the Cradle Piledriver to David Stone for a very hard-earned victory.

The Main Event was never going to be the best match of the night, but it was in the top three and was a fine brawl. Killer Shark had been built up during the show for his dominant singles record, and when he hit a Big Bite on Mr Nuclear the crowd were shocked when the champion kicked out. They were equally as shocked when Mr Nuclear delivered a Mushroom Cloud and Killer Shark kicked out, but when Mr Nuclear hit it again he finally pinned Shark to retain the title. Mr Nuclear looked exhausted when Wolf Hawkins came out to inform Mr Nuclear that he was claiming his title shot that he earned at Hotter Than Hell next month at King of Kings, and he would be taking his title.

Sifu Storm defeated Shockura in 9:14 (80)

Lenny Brown defeated Joshua Taylor in 21:40 (91)

Steven Parker and High Flyin Hawaiian defeated The New Syndicate in 12:50 (80)

Wolf Hawkins defeated Matty Faith by count out in 11:35 (81)

Aaron Andrews, Freddy Huggins, Mainstream Hernandez and Roderick Remus defeated Mighty Mo, Matthew Keith, Marc DuBois and Davis Wayne Newton in 18:54 (82)

The Empire © defeated T-Bone Bright and Chris Flynn to retain the TCW Tag Team Titles in 7:34 (78)

Jay Chord and Spencer Spade defeated Total Stone in 18:33 (94)

Mr Nuclear © defeated Killer Shark to retain the TCW World Heavyweight Title in 10:23 (89)

Overall Rating 91

One minor change was made to that card – Hellion was meant to pin T-Bone Bright in the tag title match, but Bright flat out refused to that, and Flynn stepped in to take the pin instead. Killer Shark’s fantastic singles run came to an end in a way which would prove slightly unsatisfactory, but some things need to end for reasons… The main event would have slightly split fans, who often see a more technical main event, but it just about paid off.

We go straight into the King of Kings Tournament on Tuesday, which has been expanded this year to 16 wrestlers. The Main Event is announced is Aaron Andrews vs Mighty Mo, but he’ll actually end up facing Findlay O’Farraday, so I’ll put that below.

TCW Present Total Wrestling:

Mainstream Hernandez vs Pretty Okakura

Freddy Huggins, Edd Stone, T-Bone Bright and Chris Flynn vs The Empire (Jay Chord, Spencer Spade, Dazzling Dave Diamond and Hellion)

Matty Faith vs Ernest Youngman in the King of Kings Tournament

Steven Parker vs Ranger in the King of Kings Tournament

Lenny Brown vs Killer Shark in the King of Kings Tournament

Aaron Andrews vs Findlay O’Farraday in a non-title match in the King of Kings Tournament

TCW Present Total Wrestling:

Although the show opened with Wolf Hawkins confirming that he would be taking on Mr Nuclear for the World Heavyweight Title at King of Kings, the rest of the show focussed on the expanded tournament. First Ranger and Steven Parker had a long match, with Ranger eventually winning when Youngman’s presence at ringside distracted Parker one too many times. This did lead to Parker and Ranger being banned from ringside in Ernest Youngman’s match against Matty Faith, but Wolf Hawkins and Joshua Taylor made an appearance instead. Matty Faith got into an argument with The Syndicate leader, and once more this cost him via count out when Taylor grabbed his ankle to stop him getting back into the ring. Killer Shark was the favourite against Lenny Brown in a match that quickly went outside the ring and then had issues. Shark went to use the ring steps but was met by a kick from Brown… that broke his toe. He hobbled around for the rest of the match, which at least that commentary team were able to sell as damage from the monster. The match would have worked better in a Shark victory, but it was Lenny Brown with the upset – however his injury meant that he was unable to deliver his Star Treatment with his injury, so he won with a roll up.

An angry Killer Shark picked up Lenny Brown after the match, but long-term nemesis Aaron Andrews was out and the two got into a shoving match with one another, before Mighty Mo was out, seemingly for the Main Event. However, Mo announced his annoyance at TCW management who would not clear him due to his eye injury that he aggravated on Sunday, so instead his place in the contest would be taken by TV Title holder Findlay O’Farraday, in his old Mid Atlantic stomping grounds. The two had a superb match, and given Andrews defeats this year it did look like O’Farraday could take his biggest scalp so far at TCW. It was not to be, as Andrews finally managed to take the victory in a match the crowd fully appreciated.

In the other two matches Mainstream Hernandez defeated Pretty Okakura (their partners will face off in the King of Kings Tournament next week), while The Empire lost to Freddy Huggins, Edd Stone, T-Bone Bright and Chris Flynn – Dazzling Dave Diamond being distracted by David Stone’s presence ringside to take the pin from Chris Flynn.

Ranger defeated Steven Parker in the King of Kings Tournament in 16:25 (75)

Mainstream Hernandez defeated Pretty Okakura in 7:59 (81)

Ernest Youngman defeated Matty Faith by count out in the King of Kings Tournament in 10:50 (80)

Freddy Huggins, Edd Stone, T-Bone Bright and Chris Flynn defeated The Empire (Jay Chord, Spencer Spade, Dazzling Dave Diamond and Hellion) in 12:31 (82)

Lenny Brown defeated Killer Shark in the King of Kings Tournament in 9:10 (68)

Aaron Andrews defeated Findlay O’Farraday in the King of Kings Tournament in 16:07 (87)

Overall Rating 89

Decent show – would have been better without Lenny Brown breaking his toe which really left him able to deliver any offence convincingly. I had this whole tournament planned out well before the PPV, so it was a blow for Mighty Mo to pick up an injury. He could have wrestled, but it wouldn’t have justified being a Main Event – and I would have replaced it by Brown / Shark, so I’m glad I made the decisions to substitute O’Farraday in. The TV Title holder couldn’t upset Aaron Andrews but put on a great performance in his hometown.

Well, that’s weird. Mr Nuclear has taken Matty Faith under a wing – nothing too unusual there. However, the weird bit is that I had already planned to book them together in a tag match together next week, so it feels as if the game is in my thoughts.

High Flying Hawaiian defeated Pink Spider in 8:05 (64)

Sifu Storm defeated Guillotine and Seth Whitehead in 8:52 (58)

Marc DuBois defeated Xavi Ferrera in 5:56 (72)

Matthew Keith and Bear Bekowski defeated El Hijo Del Neutron and Jaylon Martins in 9:44 (58)

Human Arsenal defeated Quentin Queen in 10:35 (56)

Roderick Remus defeated Matt Hocking in the King of Kings Tournament in 16:35 (72)

Overall Rating 76

The King of Kings Tournament is so big this year that even Saturday Night Showcase had a match from the tournament, Roderick Remus defeating Matt Hocking in a reasonable match. The first round will complete on Tuesday as we have the final three matches, before the next round kicks off next week.

High Flyin Hawaiian vs Wolf Hawkins

Aaron Andrews and Lenny Brown vs The Behemoths

Mr Nuclear and Matty Faith vs The New Syndicate

Mainstream Hernandez vs Marc DuBois in the King of Kings Tournament

Doc Hammond vs Joshua Taylor in the King of Kings Tournament

Edd Stone vs Spencer Spade in the King of Kings Tournament

This show started strongly, finished strongly, and was solid in between hand. The show opened with the King of Kings Tournament, with Marc DuBois getting a strong singles outing, albeit in defeat to Mainstream Hernandez. Wolf Hawkins then took on High Flyin Hawaiian, who was declared as challenging The Empire for the Tag Team Titles at King of Kings with his most recent partner, Steven Parker. Parker was at ringside to support HFH, but when The Empire were out to start a commotion Hawkins was able to take advantage to hit a Full Moon Rising on HFH and take the victory.

We went back to The King of Kings Tournament with Joshua Taylor taking on ex-Syndicate colleague Doc Hammond in a long, technical match, that may have slightly pushed Hammond’s decreasing stamina. The veteran did his part, but Joshua Taylor took the victory after a Shining Wizard. Next up Lenny Brown’s toe had healed for him to team with Aaron Andrews against a reformed Behemoths, in a short and brutal match that finally saw Aaron Andrews pin Killer Shark after a year of frustration against the beast of TCW. The brawling continued after the match with Shark threatening to slam Andrews off the stage, but Lenny Brown teamed with the former World Champion to slam Killer Shark off the stage instead.

Before the penultimate match Wolf Hawkins poured scorn on Mr Nuclear’s choice of partner to face The New Syndicate, yet Matty Faith teamed well with his new mentor to support him getting the pin on Ernest Youngman after a Nuclear Blast. Finally, in the main event Edd Stone and Spencer Spade fought for the last position in the next round of King of Kings. The two had a great match, slowly spoiled by Jay Chord’s interference on Edd Stone. That led of David Stone hitting the ring and brawling with Jay Chord, before The Empire piled into the ring, then High Flying Hawaiian, Steven Parker and Freddy Huggins joined the Stones. It was chaos, which led to the ref throwing out the match, leaving the King of Kings Tournament up in the air as the show closed.

Mainstream Hernandez defeated Marc DuBois in the King of Kings Tournament in 10:47 (90)

Wolf Hawkins defeated High Flyin Hawaiian in 8:54 (80)

Joshua Taylor defeated Doc Hammond in the King of Kings Tournament in 17:50 (82)

Aaron Andrews and Lenny Brown defeated The Behemoths in 8:07 (80)

Mr Nuclear and Matty Faith defeated The New Syndicate in 12:17 (80)

Edd Stone and Spencer Spade went to a double DQ in the King of Kings Tournament in 16:14 (91)

Overall Rating 93

I think that’s the first show that I ever booked with no match rated under 80. However, this was partly achieved but not having too many lower card wrestlers on the show (and those that were, like DuBois, Faith and Titan were matched with much more experienced colleagues), so I still need to work on developing my roster a little. Although oddly, only seven of those wrestlers started this game with TCW, with nine relative newcomers.

The biggest announcement came after the show ended – Killer Shark has left TCW and is now the biggest free agent in wrestling. I didn’t want to overpay for his services like I have done with a few other contract renewals, so I accepted that I was going to lose him to SWF or USPW. However, an offer hadn’t come in, but after feeding him to Mr Nuclear, I was stuck on where next to go with him (not helped by his awful chemistry with Aaron Andrews). Booker’s fault entirely, and if he stays as a free agent, he will be welcome back with open arms straight into the Main Event scene sometime in the future. I would love to see him do a stint in Japan, but not sure if that will happen.

The final eight wrestlers in the King of Kings Tournament should be set, but after Edd Stone and Spencer Spade’s match was thrown out we will have to wait until next week to discover who will join Aaron Andrews, Ernest Youngman, Joshua Taylor, Lenny Brown, Mainstream Hernandez, Ranger and Roderick Remus in the quarter finals.

Australia once again throws up relationship issues as Rusty Mills divorces Stephanie Drucker after he caught her cheating with Donovan Boon. For those not au fait with Australian wrestling that’s Mills’ long time tag partner, Donovan Boon, who he has been wrestling with for over a decade, winning the APW Tag Titles a record six times. They haven’t had one match in the game not working with one another, so this has thrown APW into booking chaos. Even more so I use this as an excuse to sign Mills to a development deal at HGC. On a much milder note, Chrissy Angelle and Akima Brave have started dating in TCW.

Doc Hammond has fractured his cheekbone on the house circuit. That… affects a match next week – whether that affects contract negotiations that are about to begin is a different matter. Down at HGC Darin Flynn long reign (27 defences) as #1 Contender ended at the hands of one half of the tag champions, Prime Time Jack Pryde, who earned his first singles title run.

Tommy Cornell back with SWF!

The biggest news in wrestling is the return of Tommy Cornell to North America with SWF. Both USPW and TCW were in for the veteran, with TCW officials reportedly disappointed that they didn’t re-hire their former owner, with a storyline having been planned for him for a few years. Tommy debuted as the mystery partner of The Awesomeness, taking on a heel persona to win a ladder match against Angry Gilmore and former 21CW wrestlers Adam Matravers and Sebastian Koller (current tag champions The Amazing Wrestlers). He followed that up with a victory at Break Like the Wind over Primus Allen. Frankie Boy Fernandes has also debuted and had an unsuccessful Tag Title shot with Ekuma against The Amazing Wrestlers.

It was not all good news for SWF, with Casey Valentine breaking his neck at Breaking Like the Wind. He’s been really solid since moving from USPW to SWF, but never got a proper push. Has he lost his chance?

I will admit, after failing to sign Tommy Cornell I vowed to crush SWF, and sign any of their workers whose deal came up and bury them. The first person whose contract came up was Robbie Retro and… I decided that SWF could keep him.

Shockura and Pink Spider defeated Yuray and Quentin Queen in 8:07 (58)

Joffy Laine and David Stone defeated Nate Johnson and Raphael in 8:30 (56)

Bear Bekowski defeated Akima Brave, Zeus and Seth Whitehead in 7:55 (60)

Davis Wayne Newton defeated Huracan Sandoval in 6:45 (65)

Sifu Storm defeated Titan and Danny Darkness in 6:53 (65)

Matthew Keith defeated El Hijo Del Neutron in 7:54 (65)

Steven Parker and High Flyin Hawaiian defeated Human Arsenal and Benny Benson in 11:57 (78)

Overall Rating 78

Despite Frankie Boy Fernandes working a jobber tour for CZCW and IPW, he never dropped the COTT World Heavyweight Title. NYCW ran a match between Tennessee Williams and Hawkeye Calhoun, with Calhoun adding the COTT Title to his NYCW Tag Team Title (held with Freedom Eagle).

Freddy Huggins and T-Bone Bright vs Human Arsenal and Benny Benson

Joffy Laine vs Titan

Steven Parker vs Matty Faith vs Findlay O’Farraday vs Marc DuBois vs Matt Hocking in the King of Kings Tournament

Chris Flynn vs Davis Wayne Newton

Roderick Remus vs Ernest Youngman in the King of Kings Tournament

Total Stone and High Flyin Hawaiian vs The Empire (Jay Chord, Dazzling Dave Diamond and Hellion)

Aaron Andrews vs Ranger in the King of Kings Tournament

The show opened with Queen Emily announcing that the six wrestlers beaten in the King of Kings competition would compete for the last place – but this would exclude Spencer Spade and Edd Stone, after their match was thrown out last week. Both men were furious, but Emily was not to be moved. However, only five of the men made it to the match after Spencer Spade attacked Doc Hammond, leaving him clutching his face (which of course was already injured). As he tried to move onto the next competitor Edd Stone intervened, before Lenny Brown led out a posse of midcard wrestlers to separate the two men. That left Findlay O’Farraday to take the victory and make his way through to the quarterfinals of the King of Kings, pinning Matt Hocking as Steven Parker brawled with Hellion outside the ring.

The best matches of the night were the two quarterfinals themselves, the better one surprisingly being Ernest Youngman defeating Roderick Remus in the best 1 on 1 match either man has had in TCW. That one was explosive – the Main Event was a lot slower as Ranger took his second singles victory over Aaron Andrews in the last two months, with an assist from both Joshua Taylor and Ernest Youngman. That caused a mass brawl as the show ended involving all The Syndicate, with Mr Nuclear (who had traded verbals with Wolf Hawkins earlier in the show) making a late appearance to clean house.

Elsewhere, Edd Stone pinned Jay Chord who was distracted by Spencer Spade unsuccessfully trying to interfere, but Spade still managed to hit a Stunner on David Stone as the match ended. As Edd Stone rushed over to Spade to get revenge, Jay Chord recovered and hit Edd with Cradle Piledriver to avenge his defeat. Freddy Huggins and T-Bone Bright teamed up to defeat Human Arsenal and Benny Benson, Chris Flynn took victory over Davis Wayne Newton, while Joffy Laine returned to Total Wrestling after a near two-month absence with a dire victory over Titan.

Freddy Huggins and T-Bone Bright defeated Human Arsenal and Benny Benson in 11:07 (75)

Joffy Laine defeated Titan in 4:29 (47)

Findlay O’Farraday defeated Matt Hocking, Steven Parker, Matty Faith and Marc DuBois in the King of Kings Tournament in 11:48 (77)

Chris Flynn defeated Davis Wayne Newton in 8:10 (74)

Ernest Youngman defeated Roderick Remus in the King of Kings Tournament in 11:23 (90)

Total Stone and High Flyin Hawaiian defeated The Empire (Jay Chord, Dazzling Dave Diamond and Hellion) in 12:21 (77)

Ranger defeated Aaron Andrews in the King of Kings Tournament in 16:48 (82)

Overall Rating 86

Aaron Andrews may have rid himself of one nemesis in the shape of Killer Shark, but Ranger is shaping up to replace him with his second victory over the TCW icon in the last in the last three months. Surprisingly the match between Ernest Youngman and Roderick Remus outshone the main event in a truly quality math up. At the other end of the scale no-one cared about Joffy Laine defeating Titan, both men having struggled recently.

For those counting, the seventh loser in the first round of the King of Kings tournament was Killer Shark, which is why only 6 (then down to five) men were announced to compete in the lucky loser bout.

Marc DuBois defeated Quentin Queen in 8:41 (66)

Sifu defeated Danny Darkness in 6:04 (56)

Human Arsenal and Benny Benson defeated Xavi Ferrera and Jaylon Martins in 7:41 (61)

Ricky Storm defeated Titan in 7:15 (63)

High Flyin Hawaiian defeated Raphael in 10:50 (66)

T-Bone Bright, Chris Flynn and Nick Gilbert defeated Nate Johnson, Seth Whitehead and Harvey Robbinfield in 9:31 (64)

Overall Rating 72

21CW lose another star to North America, with Wade Orson set to join former colleagues Tommy Cornell, Adam Matravers and Sebastian Koller at SWF. Meanwhile, Killer Shark does get the gig at BHOTWG, but unfortunately they’ve locked him down for three years. Brandon James returns from his broken neck and retires but will stick around backstage in some role with SWF. His last match was a 92 rated barn stormer, teaming with Rocky Golden in victory over The Crippler and Rogue, so he will be happy with that.

Total Stone vs Human Arsenal and Benny Benson

Huracan Sandoval vs Davis Wayne Newton

Chris Flynn vs Titan

Lenny Brown vs Findlay O’Farraday in the King of Kings Tournament

Mainstream Hernandez vs Joshua Taylor in the King of Kings Tournament

Roderick Remus and Matty Faith vs The New Syndicate

Steven Parker vs Spencer Spade in a lumberjack match

After Wolf Hawkins and Mr Nuclear traded barbs in advance of their World Heavyweight Title match, Total Stone took on Human Arsenal and Benny Benson in the opener, a match that ended in DQ when Jay Chord attacked Edd Stone. Chord continued the attack in the man who cost him the World Heavyweight Title, and the brawl escalated as Freddy Huggins, Hellion, Dazzling Dave Diamond, Steven Parker, High Flyin Hawaiian and Spencer Spade all joined in. Queen Emily demanded that the fighting stop and made the Main Event between Steven Parker and Spencer Spade a lumberjack match.

Huracan Sandoval defeated Davis Wayne Newton with a flash pin, before we went into the King of Kings with Lenny Brown taking on Findlay O’Farraday. The two had a short sharp brawl, before Brown dodged a charge and delivered a Star Treatment on the big man for a rare singles defeat (albeit his second of the tournament), to progress into the semi-finals on Sunday. Two men who were already there, Ranger and Ernest Youngman, teamed to defeat Roderick Remus and Matty Faith in a great contest, but only after Joshua Taylor’s assist. Chris Flynn dispatched Titan quickly, before Matty Faith got his revenge by costing Joshua Taylor a place in the King of Kings semi, distracting The Syndicate man allowing Mainstream Hernandez to deliver an Apparition #14. The Syndicate went after Faith, but Mr Nuclear quickly caused them to back away.

Finally, we had the lumberjack match, which was awesome. Both Parker and Spade are just a step away from the World Title picture. Both men were desperate to stay in the ring, but both had periods outside where they suffered. However, a double team from Hellion and Dazzling Dave Diamond did the damage to Parker, allowing Spade to hit the Supreme Stunner for the victory, before we had an almighty brawl, with T-Bone Bright noticeably going after Hellion as the show ended.

Total Stone defeated Human Arsenal and Benny Benson by DQ in 10:10 (77)

Huracan Sandoval defeated Davis Wayne Newton in 8:03 (67)

Lenny Brown defeated Findlay O’Farraday in the King of Kings Tournament in 8:22 (86)

The New Syndicate defeated Roderick Remus and Matty Faith in 10:42 (88)

Chris Flynn defeated Titan in 3:51 (67)

Mainstream Hernandez defeated Joshua Taylor in the King of Kings Tournament in 13:45 (90)

Spencer Spade defeated Steven Parker in a lumberjack match in 16:45 (96)

Overall Rating 94

Fifth best TV show ever, and the buildup is sort of complete for King of Kings. The focus has been so much on the tournament, World Heavyweight Title match and Edd Stone / Jay Chord that there are a couple of matches with very little build. Matty Faith will take on Joshua Taylor after they both cost one another matches, Aaron Andrew and Roderick Remus will team to take on O’Farraday and Matthew Keith, and there will be a four way tag match that… has had no build at all.

Fans of the preshow would have seen Sifu Storm, One Man Army and Nick Gilbert team up to defeat the heel team of Danny Darkness, Nate Johnson, Raphael and Johnny Bloodstone, where Bloodstone outperformed the rest of his team. He may be concentrating on his Road Agent work, but he’s still got it.

The show was Titan’s last – when The Behemoths split he found himself at a loose end, and lost all momentum and could not be seen as any sort of threat. He’s developed into a sound brawler, so is expected to find work quickly. Xavi Ferrera also leaves with his contract up, and he will continue to work at PSW and FCW,

Trent Shaffer’s USPW contract came up, and I made a play as he is over and pulling out strong matches. SWF joined in and the price went up so I backed out, and he is on the move to SWF. My ambition of crushing SWF may not be working… Lassana Makutsi lands in CZCW where I will be keeping a careful eye on him.

Matthew Keith defeated Jaylon Martins in 7:27 (55)

Bear Bekowski and Jared Johnson defeated El Hijo Del Neutron and Masked Cougar in 11:27 (65)

David Stone defeated Nate Johnson in 6:38 (50)

Chris Flynn and Akima Brave defeated Danny Darkness and Seth Whitehead in 8:32 (57)

Marc DuBois defeated Tigre Salvaje in 10:47 (65)

Spencer Sade defeated Zeus in 12:19 (75)

Overall Rating 77

Various bits of chemistry discovered, none of it good. Tom Eisen is a rookie wrestler from WWA: USA with decent star quality, who has the odd Saturday Night Showcase appearance on a one night only deal. This week he had a dark match with Quentin Queen… where he broke Queen’s jaw. I might leave Eisen to the indies for a while. Jared Johnson has been signed from CWA and comes with a history of great matched in Canada, and almost no overness in the US.

TCW King of Kings:

Huracan Sandoval vs Davis Wayne Newton

Sifu Storm vs One Man Army and Nick Gilbert vs Shockura vs Human Arsenal and Benny Benson

Aaron Andrews and Roderick Remus vs Findlay O’Farraday and Matthew Keith

Matty Faith vs Joshua Taylor

Edd Stone vs Jay Chord

The Empire © vs Steven Parker and High Flyin Hawaiian vs Freddy Huggins and T-Bone Bright for the TCW Tag Team Titles

Lenny Brown vs Ranger in the King of Kings Tournament

Mainstream Hernandez vs Ernest Youngman in the King of Kings Tournament

The King of Kings Tournament Final

Mr Nuclear © vs Wolf Hawkins for the TCW World Heavyweight Title