Two blocks in a round robin tournament

Hi everybody. Is it possible to create two blocks in a round robin tournament, where the winners of each block are facing each other in the finals? It would be cool to be able to really simulate G1 Climax, but I am either missing something or this game allows you to only create one block.

Greetings

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Martyn" data-cite="Martyn" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51413" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi everybody. Is it possible to create two blocks in a round robin tournament, where the winners of each block are facing each other in the finals? It would be cool to be able to really simulate G1 Climax, but I am either missing something or this game allows you to only create one block. <p> </p><p> Greetings</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I just created two separate 8-man round robin tourney's and pitted the winners in a match for the Championship I created. I've run 3 tourney's so far (one a year) and the prestige of the Championship is up to 58 or something from a starting point of 50 (I think) so its working as intended. I also added the year ('23) to the name of each each Block to differentiate them when I'm looking up my history after running multiple tourneys.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Martyn" data-cite="Martyn" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51413" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi everybody. Is it possible to create two blocks in a round robin tournament, where the winners of each block are facing each other in the finals? It would be cool to be able to really simulate G1 Climax, but I am either missing something or this game allows you to only create one block. <p> </p><p> Greetings</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I use <a href="https://tournamentscheduler.net/" rel="external nofollow">https://tournamentscheduler.net/</a> and do two separates round robin tournaments. At the end do the match between the two winners for the actual G1 Climax.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DrRDuke" data-cite="DrRDuke" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51413" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I just created two separate 8-man round robin tourney's and pitted the winners in a match for the Championship I created. I've run 3 tourney's so far (one a year) and the prestige of the Championship is up to 58 or something from a starting point of 50 (I think) so its working as intended. I also added the year ('23) to the name of each each Block to differentiate them when I'm looking up my history after running multiple tourneys.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm not sure if this is what you're implying, but the tournament tool has no effect on prestige. The tournament tool is strictly for organizational purposes; it has no bearing on the game elsewhere.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mflynn1118" data-cite="Mflynn1118" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51413" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sorry I am relatively knew to this game. Absolutely loving it. Is there a way to book a one night tournament in the game? Sorry if this is a question already answered.</div></blockquote><p> It's as simple as booking the matches my friend. Set up a bracket (either in the in-game tournament feature, spreadsheet, pen and paper, doesn't matter) and book whatever the heck you want.</p><p> </p><p> If you use the in-game tournament feature, you'll have some flavor text in the match report saying that's it's a "part" of the tournament, and the tournament itself will be saved under that tournament button, but as I said earlier, it's only for organization. It has absolutely no bearing on the save. I've barely ever used the tournament feature because I prefer using Excel to organize everything.</p><p> </p><p> TLDR booking a tournament is literally just booking the matches. Book 4 matches between the 8 guys, then 2 between the two winners, then the final. That's all.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dalton" data-cite="Dalton" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51413" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm not sure if this is what you're implying, but the tournament tool has no effect on prestige. The tournament tool is strictly for organizational purposes; it has no bearing on the game elsewhere.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yep. It's a glorified notepad. Use it, or don't it's not going to effect anything.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dalton" data-cite="Dalton" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51413" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm not sure if this is what you're implying, but the tournament tool has no effect on prestige. The tournament tool is strictly for organizational purposes; it has no bearing on the game elsewhere.<p> </p><p> </p><p> It's as simple as booking the matches my friend. Set up a bracket (either in the in-game tournament feature, spreadsheet, pen and paper, doesn't matter) and book whatever the heck you want.</p><p> </p><p> If you use the in-game tournament feature, you'll have some flavor text in the match report saying that's it's a "part" of the tournament, and the tournament itself will be saved under that tournament button, but as I said earlier, it's only for organization. It has absolutely no bearing on the save. I've barely ever used the tournament feature because I prefer using Excel to organize everything.</p><p> </p><p> TLDR booking a tournament is literally just booking the matches. Book 4 matches between the 8 guys, then 2 between the two winners, then the final. That's all.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So is the only way to do this is to fully book the tournament as far as winners go? I was interesting in doing a tournament where I let the AI decide the winners. It's what I've done with G-1 but that's not a one day thing so it works out fine.</p>

So is the only way to do this is to fully book the tournament as far as winners go? I was interesting in doing a tournament where I let the AI decide the winners. It's what I've done with G-1 but that's not a one day thing so it works out fine.

You can still book the tournament matches and let the AI decide. Once that final 1st round of the tournament is over you can go back to the booking screen and change the other matches.

I have done this and I just book random matches later in the card and then change them once the 1st round of the tournament matches are done.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Spirophore" data-cite="Spirophore" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51413" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm booking a company that is literally JUST a four block round robin. No titles, everybody competes to be the winner of that "season". Just run two tournaments simultaneously and then have the winners face each other for whatever is at stake.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Are you asking?</p>