[HYPE] Death of a Tradition (Alternate Real World Mod - July 1994)

During the week i'll be trying to use my hand to create the CWF and CFC logos and banners. (I create one for the former, but frankly, it didn't satisfy me). If there's anyone who would like to lend a hand with that, i'll be thankful enough.

I'll be also giving out the DOA logo and banner i made a while ago.

Soon i'll be updating the post with the link that Jaysin gave a few days ago.

This is so cool. Loving the CWF. The roster is so bad that its fun to play.

Thank you so much. That's the idea, a roster that looks like the New Generation, but with the gimmicky ideas that Vinnie Mac would love to use.

I need to work out a bit with the CFC roster and the lineages of the titles so it can have more background.

<p>After looking through NWA, I think a lot of the issues the mod has are the same that pretty much every other 2020 mod has, namely non-wrestlers having 0 experience. So, I'd say you will need to go over the mod with a focus there to give people the proper experience because B-show road agents need at least 40 experience and your top ones have to have 80+, or they start screwing up segments if they have more than 1 or 2 per show.</p><p> </p><p>

On that note, nobody that is still an active, non-OC wrestler should be a road agent or have other non-wrestler roles ticked. There's a Future every role setting in the attributes which is where all of those should go. I'm sure this is a conversion problem because before now you had to set those roles and had options on the frequency they were used. This is two-fold. 1)If they're really good in those roles and mediocre pop wrestlers, their salaries are inflated. 2)Everything becomes extremely clunky. NWA has like 20 managers without clients, 15 road agents, and ticking the announcer/CC-only tab on announcers doesn't help nearly as much as it should.</p><p> </p><p>

The final potential converter issue is some of the drug use made me go hmmm...Maybe all of them are exactly how you want them, if so, fine as it's your mod and an alternate universe so maybe Flair is a drug addict in 1994, for example. It's a super-hard thing to get right in the converter as I know from taking weeks and weeks editing Matt's 1985 mod for a personal game that the editor takes any percentage as "This person was buying drugs regularly so smack a big penalty on him/her." when previous versions were "1-10% didn't directly affect anything other than possibly down-the-road turning into an addict." so some people got set that way because they'd tried it once or twice.</p><p> </p><p>

Two little things. You have to up NWA's production levels for one of their foreign deals so that probably needs to be upped in the mod. Also, Tony and Caudle have no announcer experience together which is just weird to me. You have to add Dusty to get medium levels.</p><p> </p><p>

And some of the broadcasters aren't set to the proper type. Unless I've read everything wrong, my interpretation of the network types is Terrestrial is what you get from an antenna, which in the US means those 4-letter stations with a W or K (but not WTBS/TBS) or the 5 major networks (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, and CW). Everything else in the US requires a box, at least before streaming became a thing, so should be cable. Honestly, it's not going to be a major issue. Just Terrestrial is about a 15 point higher show requirement for the timeslot than cable is. And I have no idea on anything outside of the US.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm really, really, really intrigued by the mod, and I love the world and history you've created. Pretty much all of the issues are due to the converter. It's unbelievably time-consuming to fix them all, and that experience one is super-easy to miss. So, I definitely am not trying to be harsh or negative at all. It's just incredibly hard to get everything right straight out of the gate with any mod, especially a converted one in 2020. The stats and pop are excellent from what I've seen though.</p>