Starting a fed from scratch

I've started a save with the recently released (and excellent) women's revolution cverse mod and I have taken on the Japanese lucharesu fed (meaning mix of puro, lucha and some sports entertainment type storytelling). I'm playing it as a building from the ground up blank slate project, no history, hired the workers and staff, built stories and stables around the people I hired.

So far so good.

My issue here is how quickly do I move some things along? Mainly in terms of titles. Do I have a few months without them and run regular tour and feuds for a few months? Do I go as long as my planned finale event in August? Or is it more realistic to put the people who have some big wins in the tour dates into title matches month one or something like a round robin with all 22 stars where the finalists win the two singles titles?

I know it is all a matter of taste and preference when it comes down to it, I guess my question is in a company with larger shows every one or two months and six to ten tour nights between what smacks as most realistic bearing in mind also the storytelling expectations?

You could have a company-wide round robin tournament to crown the first main level title.

You could then wait a few months to introduce the secondary title. Let the only title be the main title for awhile to make it feel more important and not flood your company with a bunch of titles all at once.

The secondary championship could be crowned in a single elimination tournament 6+ months after you crown your main champion.

I dont like big tournaments to determine titles. Too many losers. Who challenges for the belt afterwards? Which loser? Unless you do a lot of screwy finishes and sports entertainment nonsense theres no one left to beat.

I'd do one small tournament (4-8) and a Battle Royal for any second title. Get it on someone, then save the big fights for title defenses.

I usually wait to add a secondary singles title until I get TV, and then I almost always make it a TV title,

With you on this. By the time I have TV, I'll probably have a roster of 30-40, then I feel it's right to have a secondary title. I'm not gonna have 20 people fighting over 2 titles, plus a tag team division.

I dont like big tournaments to determine titles. Too many losers. Who challenges for the belt afterwards? Which loser? Unless you do a lot of screwy finishes and sports entertainment nonsense theres no one left to beat.

I'd do one small tournament (4-8) and a Battle Royal for any second title. Get it on someone, then save the big fights for title defenses.

That's not always true in a round robin tournament. You can have the eventual tournament winner lose a few matches to set up the initial title challengers. Kind of like how the winner of the G1 defends the WK spot to people he lost to in the tournament.

I much prefer Round Robin tournaments over straight single elimination tournaments.

That's not always true in a round robin tournament. You can have the eventual tournament winner lose a few matches to set up the initial title challengers. Kind of like how the winner of the G1 defends the WK spot to people he lost to in the tournament.

I much prefer Round Robin tournaments over straight single elimination tournaments.

I agree with you 100%, run a lot of round robin tournaments in Stardom. Also, if you dont want a worker to loose who you are planning big things for, just have them go on time limit draws, I mean, thats how they do it in Japan instead of sports entertainment screwery.

So the champion is a loser too?

I love Round Robin tournaments once the promotion is established and you want to mix up the presentation. I just don't enjoy them as a way to start a promotion, introduce new characters, or even crown a new champion. The first loss should be a big deal.

So the champion is a loser too?

I love Round Robin tournaments once the promotion is established and you want to mix up the presentation. I just don't enjoy them as a way to start a promotion, introduce new characters, or even crown a new champion. The first loss should be a big deal.

So let the champion go through the tournament without loosing? But have him get a draw against the first one you want to challenge him. Problem solved.

I think tourney's can be a grind when you don't have the depth of talent, especially when starting out cheap and at tiny size.

Here's what I did:

- I booked twelve 90min events over the first 3 months of my fed with 24 wrestlers. This allowed me to sift out the good from the bad and the teams from the singles. I think I had to hire another 8 guys over this time period because of injuries and poor chemistry. I selected The Great Avatar but only use him against developing talent and almost treat him as a non-wrestler.

- After that 3 months, I purchased GCG's belts and revived them as my own and booked the following:

**no repeating competitors, didn't see a wrestler worthy of holding multiple belts**

Main event - Best heel vs best face for world championship* (tech master, 20min)

Tag event - best heel team vs best face team for tag championship (calm the crowd, 20min)

Mid-main event - best remaining face vs best remaining heel vs next best remaining heel for regional championship (steal the show, 20min)

Rest of the card - I filled out the rest of the event trying to put over anyone that would have benefited from it.

- After this I switched to a weekly 1hr tv show with 2 events a month. TV shows are kinda hard to pull off with people demanding 20min matches, but I make due with two 20min matches and one 15min. Doesn't leave a whole lot for promo space but I'm trying to work my way into providing a B show to supercharge some of the lesser talents into a newer larger A show format.

- Also, I've been keeping contracts small, cheap, and well managed. So I'm cycling talent in and out on 1 and 3 month contracts while only having signed about 8 guys to longer contracts. They're the group of titlists and contenders I have putting on the best matches.

- Once the champs are established I booked them strong for the rest of the year. Made the inaugural champion count for something while scouting the next big thing. For example: I had Shingen Miyazaki hold the world belt for 9 months with 11 defenses before losing it to Jimmy Cox in a fatal 3-way including Masashi Urogataya (for a 74!!!!). Now, Jimmy will be transitional and will get 1 defense out of "GCG nostalgia kick storyline" before losing to the younger heel I'm grooming in Azumamarro Kita (who just left SAISHO).

- I'm just about to close out the year, have gone to small size, and have 40 wrestlers. Things are nice and steady minus a little spat of injuries where I had to play hot potato with the regional belt. Just gotta keep things fresh, have options ready on the fly, and drop and/or replace declining talent ASAP.

- Maybe I will establish a yearly singles tourney....not 100% certain. I also have an idea for an All-Japan alliance to get a "Best of the Best" type situation going on. So I've been very apolitical with everyone, while also remaining in all the companies good graces.

* My main event was a stinker due to poor chemistry, but it didn't stop Shingen from being a great inaugural champion. I could have gone another route and used the guys with the best chemistry off the bat but I felt like that would have killed any momentum worth building towards.

I selected The Great Avatar but only use him against developing talent and almost treat him as a non-wrestler.

This is exactly how I used 'myself' for the first 3-4 years of my ACPW save. I've only now started to 'push him' due to his stats, and the fact I can use him as a pillar and not have to worry about him going anywhere. But I'm also cognizant of the perceived favoritism that might arise with a big push. All part of the fun...

Great tips/ideas here. Thanks for sharing.