Keep Losing Momentum- Please Help

I am currently In a June '98 save. Am a little confused, because the majority of my angles / Matches on Raw score in the 80's /90's. My company's momentum has fallen, as has the popularity . I am about to be downgraded in size. Again, many of my segments rate highly, Yet my final show rating is always in the 70's, what am I doing wrong?

I am currently In a June '98 save. Am a little confused, because the majority of my angles / Matches on Raw score in the 80's /90's. My company's momentum has fallen, as has the popularity . I am about to be downgraded in size. Again, many of my segments rate highly, Yet my final show rating is always in the 70's, what am I doing wrong?

Um, what does it tell you at the end of the show?

The short answer is, you're booking poorly. You're ignoring some important part of your product and that's getting your show rating dinged. You're not giving enough information for anyone to tell you exactly where you're failing though.

What's your match focus? What's your angle focus? What's your core and current product? Do you have crowd management on? Are you adhering to the product's match aim requirement ("Each show will need at least one match aimed at....")? Match aim can be a big one. The penalty for not meeting that requirement can be harsh.

Um, what does it tell you at the end of the show?

The short answer is, you're booking poorly. You're ignoring some important part of your product and that's getting your show rating dinged. You're not giving enough information for anyone to tell you exactly where you're failing though.

What's your match focus? What's your angle focus? What's your core and current product? Do you have crowd management on? Are you adhering to the product's match aim requirement ("Each show will need at least one match aimed at....")? Match aim can be a big one. The penalty for not meeting that requirement can be harsh.

Thanks for the response. The Core product is "Classic Sports Entertainment." Match focus is regular.I hit the story-telling requirement for one match each show. I do fall short at times for the required 5 story lines of 70 minimum heat. Does that hurt that much?

Thanks for the response. The Core product is "Classic Sports Entertainment." Match focus is regular.I hit the story-telling requirement for one match each show. I do fall short at times for the required 5 story lines of 70 minimum heat. Does that hurt that much?

Yes that makes a massive difference.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RocheBag" data-cite="RocheBag" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51635" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I mean WWE fans are constantly complaining that they don't do interesting stories and that's why people stop watching. I don't see how it's unrealistic.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RocheBag" data-cite="RocheBag" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51635" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Depends what you're looking for in a wrestling sim I suppose.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> While you're right, I think the binary nature of the requirement can detract from gameplay. The WWE example is way off though. WWE's primary problem is stop-start and 50/50, not simply the number of storylines. They have neither the patience nor the discipline to see a real storyline through. People stop watching because no story comes to a logical conclusion, they either get dropped (with no explanation) or they drone on long past the logical stopping point. That, in addition to not developing talent (or "stars", if you prefer) means no one cares about anything they do that doesn't involve a small handful of people. The fact that the fanbase can all name a dozen workers who are "underutilized" or "wasted" and the fact that the fanbase that also watches its "developmental territory" <strong><em>don't</em></strong> want several workers "promoted" (because it's seen as a step back), is testament to that. It takes little effort to have 5 storylines in a WWE save that rate over 70 if you start/stop them as frequently as the 'E does. But many people would consider that exploiting.</p><p> </p><p> Honestly, how many people are going to care if you have 5 storylines with the likes of Dolph Ziggler going at one time? His 'recent fortunes' bottomed out long ago.</p><p> </p><p> For nickjames19, the storyline requirement is easy to reach and exceed. Create a few storylines surrounding your titles (you have more than 5 of those) and rotate people in and out of those storylines, as the situation requires. You can have people in multiple storylines (just use them as 'supporting' roles with no 'aligned with' ) and as long as they cut promos on or have matches with or interfere in matches, the storyline will be advanced. If you have a particularly good backstage interviewer (80+ microphone skill), add them as a supporting role in ALL of your storylines. That way, when that interviewer does a segment with anybody in a storyline, the storyline moves forward. Or, you can just turn off strict storylines.</p>

<p>50/50 booking and ending or dragging storylines is a direct result of not having interesting storylines.</p><p> </p><p>

Of course you can game the system in TEW but without gaming, it’s not so easy to get 5 storylines over 70. It was a reason we had multiple suggestions threads about loosening it up.</p><p> </p><p>

People would care if Dolph was in anything interesting.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RocheBag" data-cite="RocheBag" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51635" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The issues with WWE are really just a long-winded way of saying that there aren't enough interesting storylines though.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Facts. Especially on a 3 hour show plus another show during the same week. I need 5 or more storylines to care about...</p>