[BETA RELEASE] "It All Begins Again"... April 2004 Real World Mod

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
58 minutes ago, raspymorten said:

Just wanted to check in for any updates, and realized it's coming up on two years since the post was made. Mod making's a chore. (That and the real life stuff)

Hope everything's going alright.

I've had another gig that has taken up much of my time that should be done shortly and then I plan to get back to work on this. Definitely my goal to see this completed!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...

"Don't call it a comeback"...

Stampede Wrestling out of Calgary, Alberta, Canada is now done. 

Due to the sheer amount of obscure workers that I needed to add to the data to round out the roster, this was actually a much larger task to complete than it suggested at first look. There were a few workers that were not added in at the end of the day because there wasn't enough info available in addition to no photo, but I've rounded out the roster the best I possibly could with what research I was able to put in.

Some of you may (or likely didn't) notice my name in the credits of the new Comic Book Universe game. I was asked to create the skin for the new game, and as you can imagine that took the majority of my free time but it was quite worth it! Now that CBU is released, I can't promise how frequent I will be working on this but it is one of my goals to finally get this mod out to the public.

2022-11-06-12-59-53-Settings.png

2022-11-06-13-04-46-X-Roster.png

2022-11-06-13-05-28-X-Roster.png

2022-11-06-13-05-49-Title-History.png

2022-11-06-13-06-24-X-Employment-History

2022-11-06-13-11-27-X-Roster.png

2022-11-06-13-09-37-Title-Belts.png

2022-11-06-13-08-49-Title-Belts.png

2022-11-06-13-09-28-Title-Belts.png

2022-11-06-13-06-52-X-Stables.png

2022-11-06-13-09-51-X-Schedule.png

• Like 9

• Idolized changed the title to [Hype] "It All Begins Again"... April 2004 Real World Mod

Not directly mod related for today's update, but something that will be included as a fun extra for immersion purposes - with the help of The Wayback Machine, I've created some alternate Website Screens to morph the website into any of wrestlezone.com, pwinsider.com, wrestlingnation.com or prowrestlingtorch.com in all of the 2004 glory based on the actual website designs for the time period.

Alternate Website 2004 Screens:

2022-11-07-18-27-08-Settings.png

2022-11-07-19-01-37-Settings.png

2022-11-07-18-04-35-Settings.png

2022-11-07-19-41-22-TEW2020.png

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

The UK's All Star Wrestling joins the list of completed promotions.

I set them up in game as a touring promotion with two pre-set tours since they ran multiple house shows per week over the course of certain groups of months, still have some testing to do, but I think this setup works out well so far. 

Screenshot-2023-02-22-at-8-50-44-PM.png

Screenshot-2023-02-22-at-8-52-48-PM.png

Screenshot-2023-02-22-at-8-53-25-PM.png

Screenshot-2023-02-22-at-8-56-44-PM.png

Screenshot-2023-02-22-at-8-51-48-PM.png

Screenshot-2023-02-22-at-8-57-38-PM.png

Screenshot-2023-02-22-at-8-54-11-PM.png

Screenshot-2023-02-22-at-8-57-08-PM.png

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

Did I mention how much I was dreading tackling the scene in Japan?

New Japan Pro-Wrestling is now complete

Well, at least as "complete" as I will be able to get it with my limited knowledge of puro and the means of research that I have. I will note, a number of the Makai Club members were under masks at this time period, but finding actual studio photos of those gimmicks is just about impossible. If by any chance someone does know where to find those, I'd be happy to cut them and add them to the game.

gWjMOL3.png

CIkDEwn.png

hFx71Dy.png

KXuoton.png

SujpjKg.png

6nWhNd0.png

mwBMq6U.png

MZTCdOj.png

jTfqxGl.png

5F9fpWl.png

f2znpZB.png

7s1rUv9.png

shS0ucy.png

LlBIUQV.png

gSdQth2.png

• Like 6

I may further tweak NJPW when it comes to worker sizes and the weight limits for the IWGP titles. I'm not really liking some of the sim results I am seeing with how they are currently set up. For instance, if I set the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title to lightweight and below, you get the fringe guys like Nakamura and Tanahashi able to challenge for the belt when they should only be challenging for Heavyweight Titles. On the same note, if I set the IWGP Heavyweight Title limit to Middleweight and above, Nakamura and Tanahashi become ineligible to fight for that title. Setting the IWGP Title to Lightweight and above then opens the door to Jushin Thunder Liger, who is incredibly over, to always become champion or top challenger to the belt. I'm thinking the best fix to get around this is to set guys like Tanahashi and Nakamura to middleweight regardless of their actual true to life numbers, but it doesn't really seem ideal. I will have to toy with it more.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Idolized said:

I may further tweak NJPW when it comes to worker sizes and the weight limits for the IWGP titles. I'm not really liking some of the sim results I am seeing with how they are currently set up. For instance, if I set the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title to lightweight and below, you get the fringe guys like Nakamura and Tanahashi able to challenge for the belt when they should only be challenging for Heavyweight Titles. On the same note, if I set the IWGP Heavyweight Title limit to Middleweight and above, Nakamura and Tanahashi become ineligible to fight for that title. Setting the IWGP Title to Lightweight and above then opens the door to Jushin Thunder Liger, who is incredibly over, to always become champion or top challenger to the belt. I'm thinking the best fix to get around this is to set guys like Tanahashi and Nakamura to middleweight regardless of their actual true to life numbers, but it doesn't really seem ideal. I will have to toy with it more.

Yeaaah that's a bother. Makes you wish the Divisions stuff would work with the AI.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jugg said:

Are you planning to include Joshi promotions such as GAEA, NEO, JWP or AJW? They were still around at the time and are not in the list of companies in the first post.

I’m not, I do not have the knowledge to do them justice.

The first post of this thread has a list of the promotions I am planning to include.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Idolized said:

I’m not, I do not have the knowledge to do them justice.

The first post of this thread has a list of the promotions I am planning to include.

Unfortunate. Thanks for the answer Idol.

I can't wait for the release of the mod to play with Pro Wrestling Iron.

18 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

Nak and Tana are close enough to the TEW middleweight classification. Nak is short by a pound or two and Tana is short be a few more than that. Absolutely should be middleweights for TEW gameplay reasons. 

I will probably go that route. The game states lightweight ends at 230. The thing is though, the potential is there to not allow for foreign workers like Jericho, Styles, etc or even a guy like HBK to be signed in the future and never be able to challenge for the IWGP Heavyweight title under the AI.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Idolized said:

In my opinion, the JR title should have the restriction. We've had guys the size of juniors compete for the Heavyweight title, so that makes sense.

19 hours ago, Idolized said:

I will probably go that route. The game states lightweight ends at 230. The thing is though, the potential is there to not allow for foreign workers like Jericho, Styles, etc or even a guy like HBK to be signed in the future and never be able to challenge for the IWGP Heavyweight title under the AI.

The handbook also says those are rough guidelines for sizes, so I think it's fair to have some wiggle room around the margins.

• Like 1