Crazy buy-rate numbers

Unsure if anyone else has noticed this - on ALL real life mods. The companies are getting really high buy-rates. For example: one I am playing now WWE are getting 4.2million PPV buy-rates and TNA getting 2.2million. As a result it is making the companies SUPER RICH. When you compare the buy-rates to the TV viewers, what you see is the PPVs are getting much more buys than TV viewers.

The only way I can fix this at the moment is to edit all the PPV carriers to either 'tiny' or 'very small' - which is fine as it works but I am wondering what others are doing to combat this?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Snakebite180" data-cite="Snakebite180" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52038" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Unsure if anyone else has noticed this - on ALL real life mods. The companies are getting really high buy-rates. For example: one I am playing now WWE are getting 4.2million PPV buy-rates and TNA getting 2.2million. As a result it is making the companies SUPER RICH. When you compare the buy-rates to the TV viewers, what you see is the PPVs are getting much more buys than TV viewers.<p> </p><p> The only way I can fix this at the moment is to edit all the PPV carriers to either 'tiny' or 'very small' - which is fine as it works but I am wondering what others are doing to combat this?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That’s weird, a patch must have adjusted it because previously the buy rates were absolutely way too low ($3 for a PPV) </p><p> </p><p> Maybe the carriers are too big now? I personally would go into the ERA setting and reduce PPV viewers to massively lower.</p>

<p>Sounds like mod-balancing issues. The TEW 2020 handbook does state that broadcasters sizes are absolute. </p><p> </p><p>

In any case, you did the right thing through reducing the size. To add, most (but not all) PPV broadcasters should be cable or internet - I don't recall there being that many terrestrial PPV providers, but I could be wrong.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ampulator" data-cite="ampulator" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52038" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sounds like mod-balancing issues. The TEW 2020 handbook does state that broadcasters sizes are absolute. <p> </p><p> In any case, you did the right thing through reducing the size. To add, most (but not all) PPV broadcasters should be cable or internet - I don't recall there being that many terrestrial PPV providers, but I could be wrong.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the heads up about the terrestrial PPV provider - will look at that now. </p><p> </p><p> On the flip side - there is the issue where PPV's are being sold for $3 too. I guess there is a compromise you have to make - do you wana see TNA do 2.2million buy-rates when their record was 30k in reality.</p><p> </p><p> When it comes to the game engine - a lot of the editing is trial and error.</p>

I only play with the CVerse but this is something I have noticed too. The solution is to open the editor and go to Eras. Just create an era from 2020 to 2100 for example and you can change PPVs and TV viewing figures. I find that putting both to "much lower" gives the most realistic results.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ampulator" data-cite="ampulator" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52038" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> In any case, you did the right thing through reducing the size. To add, most (but not all) PPV broadcasters should be cable or internet - I don't recall there being that many terrestrial PPV providers, but I could be wrong.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This part is actually not true. Just checked Wikiepedia and it says "In November 2008, pay-per-view made its debut in Albania through Digitalb on terrestrial and satellite television, with the channel DigiGold.[39] " I think what you're saying is just true for places like the U.S. and Canada.</p><p> </p><p> Either way I've edited down the size of all my PPV broadcasters to make PPV less appealing. Historically the only wrestling PPV to break a million buys has been some Wrestlemanias.</p><p> </p><p> WCW's biggest buy rate of all time was 700,000. They averaged more in the 100k to 400k range for their monthly offerings though.</p><p> </p><p> This site helps in looking at buy rates to see if your mod is properly balanced - <a href="http://www.2xzone.com/wwe/buyrates.shtml" rel="external nofollow">http://www.2xzone.com/wwe/buyrates.shtml</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52038" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This part is actually not true. Just checked Wikiepedia and it says "In November 2008, pay-per-view made its debut in Albania through Digitalb on terrestrial and satellite television, with the channel DigiGold.[39] " I think what you're saying is just true for places like the U.S. and Canada.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Actually, I have some dispute and agreement with you said. What I said was true - but like you said, it's mainly in the context in of US and Canada, which is probably what most people are talking about in terms of PPV anyway.</p><p> </p><p> So I think it's more apt to interpet I was *incomplete* and "incorrect* rather than not true.</p>