Most match ratings getting tanked by psych penalties?

Can someone please clarify the penalties matches get when workers don't have enough psychology to hold it together? All my matches are getting this even if they're below 10 mins. Most of the workers I book have 70+ psych, averaging around 80-90 usually in the main event scene. I don't understand this feature at all, would love someone to help me.

I remember in 2016 Psych was used for calling matches in the ring or slow building, etc. but now it seems engrained in literally everything. Even matches I've ran below 8 minutes that were scripted in the ring are getting penalised, and that's with workers with mid 70's psych anyway.

I'm just at a loss as to how to solve this one. It's pretty disheartening to build up a really nice main event, see the workers get 95-100 in-ring performances and then the rating gets pulverised and you're left with a 75-80 match rating.

I do know that you only need one worker with the required psychology, both of them don't need it. Afterall, the note says "there was nobody with psychology to lift the match" or something like that and to me that meant you only need one guy with a high psych score, not both of them. So I took one wrestler from that match, booked him against the wrestler with the highest psych and I did not get that memo again.

Your workers are probably too popular for their psychology level.

TEW has always had this rubber banding logic where the penalties overwhelm any positives about your worker combination. Thus TEW is mostly a game about managing and limiting penalties more than anything.

Instead of putting two workers who have in ring in the 90s, put one worker who has 100 in ring and another who has like 70 or so. This will make it so the penalty won’t trigger and you will end up with a 95 rated match or so.

Your workers are probably too popular for their psychology level.

TEW has always had this rubber banding logic where the penalties overwhelm any positives about your worker combination. Thus TEW is mostly a game about managing and limiting penalties more than anything.

Instead of putting two workers who have in ring in the 90s, put one worker who has 100 in ring and another who has like 70 or so. This will make it so the penalty won’t trigger and you will end up with a 95 rated match or so.

This is good to know, thank you. I'll need to change my prebookings for most of the year's upcoming main events so, haha.

I just went through the handbook and found the answer to my issue there. I think it’s an extremely harsh system, I wonder if Adam would consider toning it down or adding an option to disable it for sandbox saves?

Either way, I’m happy I know what to do in the future.

IMO It’s pretty spot on. As mentioned, you only need one worker with high enough pysch to carry the match.