Hall of Fame 2020 - Award Ceremony

2020 TEW HALL OF FAME CEREMONY

[TEW Arena is filled with fans and diary writers and wrestlers as tonight is the night of the TEW Hall of Fame Ceremony 2018. The cameras pan around the crowd, picking up such Hall-of-Famers as Monkeypox, Scapino1974 and Tristram from the very first HOF class, to Derek_B, MrCreative and Burning Hamster, Nobby_McDonald, plus many more. The crowd stirs a little bit as the host for tonight's proceedings steps up to the podium and clears his throat.]

[Togg:] "Good evening people of the Grey Dog Community and welcome to the 2020 TEW Hall of Fame Ceremony. I am your host for this evening's festivities, Togg. Tonight, we are here to honor three creative minds on the GreyDogSoftware (planet) message board. These individuals have made long-lasting contributions to TEW. Tonight, they shall be immortalized into the Hall of Fame. In what has been a tightly contested battle to enter the presteigous Hall of Fame. So, let's get to the first inductee in no particular order...

This inductee has been the driving force behind the mod “The Rockverse” having joined only joining the community 5 years ago in 2015, they have already made an impact in such a sort time. They have also been a part for the Creative community, creating Graphics for both TEW 2016 and 2020. Please give it up for our first Hall of Fame Inductee, hailing all the way from North Carolina… willr0ck. Here to Induct him here tonight is none other than Historian”

[Historian:] The Grey Dog Software Hall of Fame is a place for content creators of all types. Writers, mod makers, artists -- anyone who has made a contribution to GDS and its games and its wonderful community. It is a hallowed place of luminaries such as The Final Countdown, ReapeR, BigPapa, Genadi, and James Casey. It features people who have excelled in different facets of the game and the boards but few have excelled in so many different facets. Tonight, we induct one of those men into the Hall of Fame. He's been a registered community member since 2015. In that time, he has created hundreds of renders, he has created company logos and belts, he released two mods -- one a mod specifically designed to add women to the database and one his own creation of fictional workers and a fictional universe. He has launched four diaries that have been incredibly well-received.

This man represents the best parts of us as a community. He's helpful and kind. He's creative. He's responsive. He adds to the conversations, to the rich tapestry that the fictional CVerse provides, while consistently contributing. He is the GDS version of a renaissance man.

It is my distinct honor and pleasure tonight to get to induct willr0ck into the Grey Dog Software Hall of Fame, Class of 2020.

[willr0ck:] Writing acceptance speeches really aren’t my thing but what the heck let’s give it a try. First of all thanks to everyone who voted, nominated and just participated in general and everyone I’ve had the pleasure of meeting on these wonderful forums. I can honestly say that this is the only HOF I’m in...cough, cough NFL, I’m waiting for you to open up that fantasy football wing. Anyway I’m humbled to be a part of this and happy that any contributions I made have proven useful, whether it be renders, graphics or the WMRev mod. A huge shout out goes out to my WIRE brethren, southside_hitmen, Uncrewed, HRTVAndrew and Dr_Avalanche. I never considered myself a good writer but they gave me the interest to try writing my first diary and it ended up being something I really enjoyed. It was also a phenomenal diary and won many awards, at least until The Climb came through and ruined that by winning everything. (DAMN YOU HISTORIAN!!! - Just kidding, The Climb was phenomenal and deserved all those wins) I also want to give a shout out to The Swanton825 for putting so much effort into the RV and the WMRev mods. He deserves as much credit for creating some of these amazing characters as I do. Thanks as well to Dark_RaideR and Historian for always being so encouraging on the diary forum and for all the help they gave me on the mods I worked on. So I think I covered everything so I happily accept this award on behalf of….

Wait, what do you mean I don’t get a trophy. Where’s my %^&$*)*()& trophy!?!

[Togg:] "Thank you for that speech, willr0ck and welcome to the Hall of Fame Class of 2020. I will work on getting that Trophy polished up, Maybe the delivery driver can turn it sideways, while you find a place to put it. Now, without further ado, here is the second inductee of the night that has made it into the TEW Hall of Fame...

Now we have the second inductee of the night, he joined the TEW community way back in 2009 but has recently become a mainstay in the GDS Dynasty section. Having climbed the ranks of the Diary of The Month and Diary of the Year, he now finds himself firmly placed into the Hall of Fame. Just this year he also found himself as moderator here, so please give it up for Indiana’s own Historian, who tonight will be inducted by King Bison.”

[King Bison:] What can I say about Historian? Our interactions began a couple years ago when he started The Climb; a well thought out diary about a throwback Indy company trying to make it in a modern world. I fell in love with that diary and it’s characters like a favorite book and reached out to Historian to offer my services. I’m grateful that he accepted because it has allowed me to feel in a part of some of the best, most consistent diaries on the boards today!

Historian has become an integral part of the GDS community over the years. Whether it’s his writing, offering advice to new writers, creating lively discussions about the games or most recently, his inclusion to the moderator ranks, Historian genuinely cares about this game and this community.

I’m honored to have been a part of so much of his work, to see it grow and to call him a friend. I can’t imagine the boards without him and he deserves every bit of this Hall of Fame title. Congratulations again Historian!

[Historian:] I'd like to thank everyone who voted or nominated me for this award. While I have been a community member since 2009, it wasn't until 2018 that my activity level became consistent. The support I've received in the past two years has been incredibly humbling. This is a wonderful community of passionate people and it is an honor to be included with the luminaries that make up this Hall of Fame

[Togg:] "We have reached the final entrant of the night. I hope that everyone has enjoyed the Hall of Fame Ceremony so far. Let's move ahead to our final entrant of the night...

The final entrant is a special one. This person has the honour of saying they were the FIRST EVER Diary of the Month winner all the way back in March of 2006. Being the trailblazer that would then go on to pick up a second victory on the anniversary of the first win, they helped pave the way and set the bar for every diary that came after. They have also been somewhat of a prolific contributor to renders to name but a few of the accomplishments over the past 15 years, having joined way back in 2005. This person joins us all the way from California tonight and had to leave the film set of their latest movie to accept this award. You may know them from previous works such as “Concessionares Must Die!”

Which also starred Stan Lee *winks* and is available for rental on all good video platforms such as iTunes and Amazon. Please give it up for none other than shipshirt.”

[shipshirt:] I just want to say thanks for the inclusion and voting me in. I really enjoy doing working on renders, it's become a fun hobby for me and something I truly look forward to doing. I'm just happy that stuff I enjoy seems to resonate with people playing the game.

[Togg:] "Congratulations to the three new members of the TEW Hall of Fame! Please make sure to congratulate the winners as you exit and drive home safely. We will see you all again, same time, same place next year."

[Cue the music and we're out!]