Prestige Wrestling League (CVerse)

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 predictions! Thanks everyone for getting involved!

Just a quick reminder that when the show tomorrow is posted, the deadline for predicting the winner of the League will close. So if you hope to win the predictions competition, make sure you get your first and second choices in before then, otherwise you'll be scored 0 for that section.

So far, Herrbear, Hitman74 and Historian have predicted in this league season but haven't predicted a league winner. Of course, if you're not bothered by the predictions competition or you don't think you'll predict many of the shows, that's totally cool, I just want to make sure you don't miss out!

Monday W4 June 2020 - PWL Television

Links to each wrestler's entrance music can be found on their wrestler card and sometimes in the text, so make sure to check them out!

mAlkM66.png

Click to see the show

Alternative Link

Embedded version

<iframe width="70%" height="600" src="https://docdro.id/b8x51ru" frameborder="0" allowtransparency allowfullscreen></iframe>

Predictions this round

christmas_ape: 4/5

DinoKea: 4/5

humph: 4/5

Herrbear: 3/5

Historian: 3/5

Hitman74: 3/5

League III Predictions

christmas_ape: 8/9

DinoKea: 7/9

humph: 7/9

Herrbear: 6/9

Hitman74: 5/9

Yep, I'll say it again, poor Tayama. At least there's plenty of motivation for him to also make a return ala Owusu.

Interested to see what happens with Nelson Callum now, I can sense he might get a taste of his own medicine maybe with Melanie but regardless I liked him knocking her away as a throwback to that with J-Ro.

The Perez 100% story is also interesting in that I can't see it happening but it does hype up each of his matches. I'm starting to feel quite good about my Perez/Youngman prediction.

Yep, I'll say it again, poor Tayama. At least there's plenty of motivation for him to also make a return ala Owusu.

Interested to see what happens with Nelson Callum now, I can sense he might get a taste of his own medicine maybe with Melanie but regardless I liked him knocking her away as a throwback to that with J-Ro.

The Perez 100% story is also interesting in that I can't see it happening but it does hype up each of his matches. I'm starting to feel quite good about my Perez/Youngman prediction.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I think the Callum storyline is the most "sports entertainment" going in the company, but it adds a bit of flavour. As for Perez, he's setting the bar high for sure!

<p>Yasuhide Tayama forfeits his fixture against Apollo Prince</p><p>

Captain Lucha vs. <strong>Frankie Perez</strong></p><p>

<strong>Kalu Owusu</strong> vs. Nelson Callum</p><p>

Masked Cougar vs. <strong>Mr. Lucha III</strong></p><p>

<strong>Ernest Youngman</strong> vs. Tigre Salvaje Jr</p>

Monday W1 July 2020 - PWL Television

Links to each wrestler's entrance music can be found on their wrestler card and sometimes in the text, so make sure to check them out!

3D6ri2Y.png

Click to see the show

Alternative Link

Embedded version

<iframe width="70%" height="600" src="https://docdro.id/qCYZ9RE" frameborder="0" allowtransparency allowfullscreen></iframe>

Predictions this round

christmas_ape: 4/4

DinoKea: 4/4

humph: 4/4

Herrbear: 3/4

League III Predictions

christmas_ape: 12/13

DinoKea: 11/13

humph: 11/13

Herrbear: 9/13

You know I am starting to have my doubts about Cpt Lucha. Maybe Mr Lucha III is right about some of it. Next weeks main event should be great. This week's one definitely did a good job showing quite how threatening Youngman is to the title.

Konrad's promo was interesting as I definitely see the whole hero's journey/circle theory in some stories here. Especially Owusu losing his spot in the league, having to go on his journey and coming back to the league but having changed.

Monday W2 July 2020 - PWL Television

oXgRVvS.png

Click to see the show

Alternative Link

Embedded version

<iframe width="70%" height="600" src="https://docdro.id/TS3LBAe" frameborder="0" allowtransparency allowfullscreen></iframe>

Predictions this round

christmas_ape: 4/4

DinoKea: 4/4

Herrbear: 3/4

League III Predictions

christmas_ape: 16/17

DinoKea: 15/17

Herrbear: 12/17

humph: 11/13

Masked Cougar vs. Nelson Callum

Tigre Salvaje Jr & Konrad Makinen vs. Mimic & Tsuneyo Yanagimoto

Apollo Prince vs. Mr. Lucha III

Captain Lucha vs. Ernest Youngman

Frankie Perez vs. Kalu Owusu

Another great show last time, again with a strong main event. Side note really I must admit I'd never properly checked out the theme songs before but I liked all the ones I clicked on. Youngman in particular with how you wrote his debut has quickly developed a strong character.

<p>You couldn't have waited one more day to post that last show? I totally would have gotten a clean sweep on that one:p</p><p> </p><p>

On a more serious note, great work once again. I'm looking forward to seeing how things shape up going forward, not least of which with the Luchas.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Masked Cougar</strong> vs. Nelson Callum</p><p>

<strong>Tigre Salvaje Jr & Konrad Makinen</strong> vs. Mimic & Tsuneyo Yanagimoto</p><p>

Apollo Prince vs. <strong>Mr. Lucha III</strong></p><p>

Captain Lucha vs. <strong>Ernest Youngman</strong></p><p>

<strong>Frankie Perez</strong> vs. Kalu Owusu</p>

Masked Cougar vs. Nelson Callum- I don't see Nelson recovering from this. I have him penciled as a relegation alongside Tayama.

Tigre Salvaje Jr & Konrad Makinen vs. Mimic & Tsuneyo Yanagimoto- Tigre's in the league, and Konrad's on his redemption arc. Easy pick.

Apollo Prince vs. Mr. Lucha III- I'll say the wily luchador picks up his first win over the cocky newcomer.

Captain Lucha vs. Ernest Youngman- Ernest is on a roll, and he's not stopping now.

Frankie Perez vs. Kalu Owusu- Owusu's my favorite man in the tournament, but I feel like Frankie and Ernest are going to have to go head-to-head for one of them to get their first loss.