Prestige Wrestling League (CVerse)

However I think Mr. Lucha III will be my pick, with everything that has happened over the past year and now sending the Captain packing, I'd be interested in what he has to say.

Fantastic, he's been through a lot, so there's plenty of conversation to be had.

Now everyone else who contributed 50% or more to the predictions competition (DinoKea, christmas_ape, Editor6 and Herrbear), please submit any questions you would like Mr. Lucha III to answer on the podcast.

And for all readers, if there's any stats you would like to feature on the Stat Fest section of the show, I'd be happy to include them in future podcast episodes!

The last thing I'm toying with is doing end-of-year awards that you can all vote on, although I don't really want to do it if there's only one or two people who are interested enough to take part. If it's something you think is worthwhile, let me know. If not, I'll go off general sentiment from comments in the past and decide the winners myself. The awards would be pretty standard - wrestler of the year, match of the year, show of the year, most improved etc.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now everyone else who contributed 50% or more to the predictions competition (DinoKea, christmas_ape, Editor6 and Herrbear), please submit any questions you would like Mr. Lucha III to answer on the podcast.

The last thing I'm toying with is doing end-of-year awards that you can all vote on, although I don't really want to do it if there's only one or two people who are interested enough to take part. If it's something you think is worthwhile, let me know. If not, I'll go off general sentiment from comments in the past and decide the winners myself. The awards would be pretty standard - wrestler of the year, match of the year, show of the year, most improved etc.

QUESTION: You've won the Prestige League before, and you've faced Frankie Perez for the PWL Championship. What do you think it will take for someone to take that title from him?

I can go either way on awards.

<p><strong>Question:</strong> Aside from yourself, eho do you believe had the greatest shot of winning the league this season?</p><p> </p><p>

As for the awards, my suggestion wiuld be to limit the options down to a few picks for us based on comments which can be voted on. Whatever way you pick I'll be happy with.</p>

It's a new year, and a new Season - the 5th in PWL history!

As usual, there's a predictions competition taking place over the 9 rounds of League competition and the Finale at PWL Challenge.

Predicting the shows

- A 50% commitment is required to enter the competition.

- Draws earn you a point no matter who you chose.

Predicting the tournament winner

- You have two picks - the first will get you maximum points, while the second will get you half points.

- The tournament winner pick counts is worth a maximum of 25% of the number of matches you predict.

Winning

The winner of the predictions competition gets to pick a PWL wrestler to have an in-depth interview on Joanne Rodriguez's Behind the Curtain podcast.

Everyone who predicts 50% or more, will be able to submit a question to that wrestler as part of the interview (like an Ask Me Anything).

Please make sure you get your winner predictions in before the second round of the League, else it will not count. That show will be posted on Monday 24th, so make sure to get your winners in before then.

As for the End of Year Awards, I'll post in a day or so the categories and the nominations which I've decided, and leave a couple of weeks for people to vote.

zFCU1Pk.png

Round 1

MATCH CARD

Frankie Perez vs. Nelson Callum

Konrad Makinen vs. Yasuhide Tayama

Landon Mallory vs. Riddick Jordan

Heihachiro Sakai vs. Mr. Lucha III

Ernest Youngman vs. Tigre Salvaje Jr

With Prestige behind us, I see this as being one that could be quite under predictable. Partially because Heihachiro hasn't yet wrestled a match and partially because so many guys seem primed to be moving to the top.

PWL Season 5 Round 1 Predictions

Frankie Perez def. Nelson Callum

Konrad Makinen def. Yasuhide Tayama

Landon Mallory def. Riddick Jordan

Mr. Lucha III def. Heihachiro Sakai

Ernest Youngman def. Tigre Salvaje Jr.

Winner Predictions: 1st - Frankie Perez, 2nd - Ernest Youngman

Table Prediction:

1st - Frankie Perez

2nd - Ernest Youngman

3rd - Tigre Salvaje Jr.

4th - Mr. Lucha III

5th - Konrad Makinen (Losing his title match hurts him mentally, dropping him down)

6th - Nelson Callum (Nelson survives for once)

7th - Landon Mallory

8th - Yasuhide Tayama (Shock I know, but Tayama got gis win. He's been weaker performance wise for a while though so it might be his time to take a break)

9th - Riddick Jordan (Just not up there with the rest yet, his time will come)

10th - Heihachiro Sakai (Put him last because I don't know what he's capable of and think it might be a bad sign)

Round 1

MATCH CARD

Awesome finale. I mean each match delivered in it's own way. Despite me knowing it couldn't/wouldn't happen a part of me popped when Figo almost quickly beat Youngman. Just to imagine the ramifications that would have had going forward.

It's an interesting league going forward, definitely not easy to call. I think the main storyline could shift back to the Perez/Youngman feud after it being put on the back burner for a while. So with that in mind I'll go...

1: Perez (this time he'll pick Youngman)

2: Youngman

3: Tigre

4: Nelson

5: Konrad

6: Mr Lucha III

7: Mallory

8: Jordan

9: Tayama

10: Sakai

I don't like going too similar to DinoKea. But I think our thinking is pretty similar on it. It's hard to put the new people too high (although a surprise rise wouldn't be too shocking) and when looking through the crop of regulars I'd put Tayama high up on list of people who could be sacrificed.

Apologies for the delay on my questions but if it's not too late I'll go...

Mr Lucha, after everything that has gone down, how do you view Captain Lucha's legacy both in the PWL and for you personally?

Round 1

MATCH CARD

Winner predictions: 1. Youngman; 2. Mr. Lucha III

Being branded a choker will tick Youngman off more than anything that's happened to him so far. III is finally rid of Captain Lucha and I expect him to run wild.

Monday W3 January 2021 - PWL Television

Links to each wrestler's entrance music can be found on their wrestler card and sometimes in the text, so make sure to check them out!

dHSLla9.png

Click to see the show

Alternative Link

Embedded version

<iframe width="70%" height="600" src="https://docdro.id/aF03nQH" frameborder="0" allowtransparency allowfullscreen></iframe>

Predictions this round

christmas_ape: 3/5

DinoKea: 2/5

Herrbear: 2/5

Editor6: 1/5

Everyone got a point for the draw

League V Predictions

DinoKea: 2/5

League V Winner Picks

christmas_ape, I'm going to take no.1 and no.2 of your whole League prediction (1. Perez, 2. Youngman) as your winner picks, unless you tell me otherwise before I post the show on Monday.

Dinokea: 1. Frankie Perez 2. Ernest Youngman

Herrbear: 1. Konrad Makinen 2. Tigre Salvaje Jr

Editor6: 1. Ernest Youngman 2. Mr. Lucha III

Thanks everyone for your questions to Mr. Lucha III, the podcast will release sometime next week.

Round 2

MATCH CARD

Nelson Callum vs. Riddick Jordan

Landon Mallory vs. Yasuhide Tayama

Heihachiro Sakai vs. Konrad Makinen

Mr. Lucha III vs. Tigre Salvaje Jr

Ernest Youngman vs. Frankie Perez

Don't forget to make your winner picks before Monday if you haven't already!

Season 5 Round 2 Predictions

Riddick Jordan def. Nelson Callum

Landon Mallory def. Yasuhide Tayama

Konrad Makinen def. Heihachiro Sakai

Tigre Salvaje Jr. def. Mr. Lucha III

Ernest Youngman def. Frankie Perez

Man 1.5 right in 5 prediction. No the best way to start the season off, but it's always hardest at the start

christmas_ape, I'm going to take no.1 and no.2 of your whole League prediction (1. Perez, 2. Youngman) as your winner picks, unless you tell me otherwise before I post the show on Monday.

Yes sorry, that's what I intended.

Nelson Callum vs. Riddick Jordan

Landon Mallory vs. Yasuhide Tayama

Heihachiro Sakai vs. Konrad Makinen

Mr. Lucha III vs. Tigre Salvaje Jr

Ernest Youngman vs. Frankie Perez

This is tough

Monday W4 January 2021 - PWL Television

Links to each wrestler's entrance music can be found on their wrestler card and sometimes in the text, so make sure to check them out!

ZnjtV1z.png

Click to see the show

Alternative Link

Embedded version

<iframe width="70%" height="600" src="https://docdro.id/r7PTzsk" frameborder="0" allowtransparency allowfullscreen></iframe>

Predictions this round

christmas_ape: 4/5

DinoKea: 4/5

League V Predictions

christmas_ape: 7/10

DinoKea: 6/10

League V Winner Picks

Dinokea: 1. Frankie Perez 2. Ernest Youngman

Herrbear: 1. Konrad Makinen 2. Tigre Salvaje Jr

Editor6: 1. Ernest Youngman 2. Mr. Lucha III

christmas_ape: 1. Frankie Perez 2. Ernest Youngman

<p><strong>Ernest Youngman </strong>vs. Mr. Lucha III</p><p>

<strong>Tigre Salvaje Jr</strong> vs. Yasuhide Tayama</p><p>

<strong>Frankie Perez</strong> vs. Landon Mallory</p><p>

<strong>Heihachiro Sakai </strong>vs. Riddick Jordan</p><p>

<strong>Konrad Makinen </strong>vs. Nelson Callum</p>

Monday W1 February 2021 - PWL Television

LYe9joj.png

Click to see the show

Alternative Link

Embedded version

<iframe width="70%" height="600" src="https://docdro.id/nsjPRkz" frameborder="0" allowtransparency allowfullscreen></iframe>

Predictions this round

Editor6: 4/5

Herrbear: 4/5

DinoKea: 3/5

Everyone gets a point for the draw.

League V Predictions

christmas_ape: 10/15

DinoKea: 9/15

Herrbear: 6/10

Editor6: 5/10

<p><strong>Ernest Youngman</strong> vs. Nelson Callum</p><p>