Prestige Wrestling League (CVerse)

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday W1 August 2021 - PWL Television

Links to each wrestler's entrance music can be found on their wrestler card and sometimes in the text, so make sure to check them out!

rjXll2X.png

Click to see the show

Alternative Link

Embedded version

<iframe width="70%" height="600" src="https://docdro.id/Ira4eZO" frameborder="0" allowtransparency allowfullscreen></iframe>

Predictions this round

DinoKea: 4/5

Herrbear: 3/5

League VII Predictions

DinoKea: 33/39

Herrbear: 27/39

Editor6: 10/15

SINGLES: Round 9

MATCH CARD

Warmonger forfeits against Paolo Gandalfini due to absence

Devilfish vs. Landon Mallory

Paolo Gandalfini vs. SIRA

(exhibition match)

Don Henderson vs. Tigre Salvaje Jr

Jash Singh vs. Jotaro Tanaka

Ernest Youngman vs. Mr. Lucha III

Wednesday W1 August 2021 - PWL Tag Television

Links to each wrestler's entrance music can be found on their wrestler card and sometimes in the text, so make sure to check them out!

n9c3f42.png

Click to see the show

Alternative Link

Embedded version

<iframe width="70%" height="600" src="https://docdro.id/99TSVSH" frameborder="0" allowtransparency allowfullscreen></iframe>

Predictions this round

Herrbear: 3/4

DinoKea: 2/4

Everyone got a point for the draw

Tag League II Predictions

DinoKea: 14/24

Herrbear: 13/20

TAG: Round 7

MATCH CARD

E-JOJI vs. Unstoppabreakable

Antipode Rush vs. Findlay & Newton

Big Cats vs. Heroes & Hearts

Double Dutch vs. Perez & Tayama

Tuesday W2 August 2021 - PWL Television

h3Y1J4C.png

Click to see the show

Alternative Link

Embedded version

<iframe width="70%" height="600" src="https://docdro.id/ROrXgYY" frameborder="0" allowtransparency allowfullscreen></iframe>

Predictions this round

DinoKea: 5/5

Herrbear: 4/5

League VII Predictions

DinoKea: 38/44

Herrbear: 31/44

Predictions for PWL Vengeance will be posted after the Tag show.

First off, my predictions scored a 20, which is equal to my predictions in S2 and S3 and my best in this whole year with most only being a place or two off (aside from Gandalfini and Warmonger).

Secondly, loving where the story is going here particularly with the addition of the Trident to the mix. The interlocking of stories and overall runs wrestlers are having has just been amazing, not to mention the performances like half of your main league guys pump out. While it sucked losing Warmonger this season, I have to admit seeing young guys like Chappel Moreau and SIRA (I guess Hector Martin too) has been cool to see.

The culmination into the Valiant Tournament already looks really exciting.

First off, my predictions scored a 20, which is equal to my predictions in S2 and S3 and my best in this whole year with most only being a place or two off (aside from Gandalfini and Warmonger).

Secondly, loving where the story is going here particularly with the addition of the Trident to the mix. The interlocking of stories and overall runs wrestlers are having has just been amazing, not to mention the performances like half of your main league guys pump out. While it sucked losing Warmonger this season, I have to admit seeing young guys like Chappel Moreau and SIRA (I guess Hector Martin too) has been cool to see.

The culmination into the Valiant Tournament already looks really exciting.

Congrats on the predictions! I definitely remember seeing you'd got a lot of it figured out, and that's reflected in the amazing predictions % you got throughout the season.

Thanks for your comments about the stories. The big difference this year with having the tag league and a larger roster is there is more interweaving while last year most stories were more discrete. I love having the tag league to rotate guys from the singles league and keep things fresh. Warmonger was a blow. I had big plans for him, but these things happen.

As for the young talent, it's fun to see how they develop. I'm considering running a developmental league in the background in the not too distant future. I wouldn't write up the shows (there's already going to be plenty to write in the coming year!) but I'd post the results, and the winner would get automatic promotion to the Prestige League.

In the near future, I've played through and written up the Valiant Tournament and now I'm in the early rounds of Season 8 heading towards PWL Prestige. The company is growing rapidly, turning a regular profit, and workers are getting super over!

Wednesday W2 August 2021 - PWL Tag Television

l9NFWrg.png

Click to see the show

Alternative Link

Embedded version

<iframe width="70%" height="600" src="https://docdro.id/hWGIQ6C" frameborder="0" allowtransparency allowfullscreen></iframe>

Predictions this round

Herrbear: 4/4

DinoKea: 3/4

Everyone got a point for the draw

DinoKea: 17/28

Herrbear: 17/24

PWL Vengeance 2021

MATCH CARD

Double Dutch vs. E-JOJI

(Voluntary tie-breaker for 6th position in the tag league)

Unstoppabreakable vs. Wild Cats (Tigre Salvaje Jr & El Jaguar)

Don Henderson vs. Paolo Gandalfini

Findlay & Newton vs. Jotaro Tanaka & Mr. Lucha III

Missy Masterson vs. Zofia Jankovic

Heroes & Hearts vs. Perez & Tayama

PWL World Tag Championship

Ernest Youngman vs. Landon Mallory

PWL World Championship

The show will go up on Friday to give everyone time to get their predictions in. As it's a mixture of the singles and tag predictions competitions, the 4 tag matches on this show will count towards the tag competition and the 3 singles matches (including the women's match) count towards the singles predictions competition.

PWL Vengeance 2021 Predictions

Double Dutch def. E-JOJI

Unstoppabreakable def. Wild Cats (Tigre Salvaje Jr & El Jaguar)

Paolo Gandalfini def. Don Henderson

Findlay & Newton def. Jotaro Tanaka & Mr. Lucha III

Missy Masterson def. Zofia Jankovic

Heroes & Hearts def. Perez & Tayama

Ernest Youngman def. Landon Mallory

I scored a 12 on my predictions which I still think is decent as I nailed the winners with most teams being just 2 places off aside from Double Dutch (who officially could be, bringing my score to 10 and on par with S1). I'm particularly interested to see what next season brings in terms of teams honestly as none have been set up as much yet, but they could be around the corner.

Double Dutch vs. E-JOJI

(Voluntary tie-breaker for 6th position in the tag league)

Unstoppabreakable vs. Wild Cats (Tigre Salvaje Jr & El Jaguar)

Don Henderson vs. Paolo Gandalfini

Findlay & Newton vs. Jotaro Tanaka & Mr. Lucha III

Missy Masterson vs. Zofia Jankovic

Heroes & Hearts vs. Perez & Tayama

PWL World Tag Championship

Ernest Youngman vs. Landon Mallory

PWL World Championship

Thursday W2 August 2021 - PWL Vengeance

obHu9EZ.png

Click to see the show

Alternative Link

Embedded version

<iframe width="70%" height="600" src="https://docdro.id/l8lpNmB" frameborder="0" allowtransparency allowfullscreen></iframe>

Predictions this show

DinoKea: 6/7 (Tag: 3/4, Singles: 3/3)

Herrbear: 3/7 (Tag: 1/4, Singles: 2/3)

League VII Predictions

DinoKea: 41/47

Herrbear: 33/47

DinoKea: 20/32

Herrbear: 18/28

Prestige League VII Predictions Competition Results

Second - DinoKea

Show predictions: 41/47 = 87.2% (What a score! I think this is the highest ever raw predictions score)

Max. winner prediction points = 47 x 0.2 = 9.4

Winner predictions: 0/9.4 = 0% (1. Ernest Youngman, 2. Mr. Lucha III)

Total = 41/56.4 = 72.7%

Winner - Herrbear

Show predictions: 33/47 = 70.2%

Max. winner prediction points = 47 x 0.2 = 9.4

Winner predictions: 9.4/9.4 = 100% (1. Landon Mallory, 2. Devilfish)

Total = 42.4/56.4= 75.2%

Congratulations on your first predictions competition win! Let me know which singles wrestler you would like to appear on Behind the Curtain.

Tag League II Predictions Competition Results

Second - Herrbear

Show predictions: 18/28 = 64.3%

Max. winner prediction points = 28 x 0.2 = 5.6

Winner predictions: 2.8/5.6 = 50% (1. Findlay & Newton, 2. Perez & Tayama)

Total = 20.8/33.6= 61.9%

Winner - DinoKea

Show predictions: 20/32 = 62.5%

Max. winner prediction points = 32 x 0.2 = 6.4

Winner predictions: 6.4/6.4 = 100% (1. Perez & Tayama, 2. Findlay & Newton)

Total = 26.4/38.4 = 68.8%

Congratulations DinoKea! Another title to add to your collection. Let me know which tag team you would like to appear on the Behind the Curtain podcast.

The next episode of Behind the Curtain will be a bumper edition with both the chosen singles wrestler and tag team.

All Time Predictions

DinoKea: 330/443

Herrbear: 234/336

christmas_ape: 112/150

Editor6: 112/167

humph: 108/135

Aura: 20/24

Hitman74: 13/18

Historian: 9/15

Scottie: 8/14

KeyserSoze: 6/10

Mimikuri: 4/4

Theheel: 3/6

kanegan: 1/5

Sco xY2Jx: 0/5

All Time Predictions Competition Winners

Copa de Primavera 2020: humph

Prestige League Season 2: DinoKea

Prestige League Season 3: christmas_ape

Valiant Tournament 2020: DinoKea (2)

Prestige League Season 4: DinoKea (3)

Prestige League Season 5: Editor6

Prestige League Season 6: DinoKea (4)

Prestige Tag League Season 1: Editor 6 (2)

Prestige League Season 7: Herrbear

Prestige Tag League Season 2: DinoKea (5)

PWL Vengeance is in the books and both leagues will take a short break for the Valiant Tournament to take place. The format of the tournament is just like last year: 16 singles competitors in 4 groups, the top two of each group advance to the knockout stage with the final taking place in mid-September.

My posting schedule for the tournament will switch back to the previous setup with shows on Mondays and Fridays as this gives people enough time to make predictions, so the first show will go up onMonday.

Predictions Competition

The predictions competition will take place over the nine shows (6 shows of group matches, quarter finals, semi finals and final).

Predicting the shows

- A 50% commitment is required to enter the competition.

- Draws earn you a point no matter who you chose.

Predicting the tournament winner

- You have two picks - the first will get you maximum points, while the second will get you half points.

- The tournament winner pick counts is worth a maximum of 20% of the number of matches you predict.

Winning

The winner of the predictions competition gets to pick a PWL wrestler to have an in-depth interview on Joanne Rodriguez's Behind the Curtain podcast.

Everyone who predicts 50% or more, will be able to submit questions to that wrestler as part of the interview (like an Ask Me Anything).

Please make sure you get your tournament winner predictions in before the second round of the tournament, else it will not count. That show will be posted on Friday 15th October, so make sure to get your winners in before then.

y5pFYaY.png

VALIANT: Group Stage Night 1

MATCH CARD

Devilfish vs. Paolo Gandalfini (Group D)

Riddick Jordan vs. Tigre Salvaje Jr (Group C)

Kalu Owusu vs. Landon Mallory (Group A)

Mr. Lucha III vs. Nelson Callum (Group B)

Valiant Tournament Winner Pick 1:

Valiant Tournament Winner Pick 2:

Devilfish vs. Paolo Gandalfini (Group D)

Riddick Jordan vs. Tigre Salvaje Jr (Group C)

Kalu Owusu vs. Landon Mallory (Group A)

Mr. Lucha III vs. Nelson Callum (Group B)

Valiant Tournament Winner Pick 1: Frankie

Valiant Tournament Winner Pick 2: Findlay

Hopefully at some point I have some time to catch up but currently I'm pretty out of touch with what's been going on. Nonetheless I'll always back Perez.

Hopefully at some point I have some time to catch up but currently I'm pretty out of touch with what's been going on. Nonetheless I'll always back Perez.

Great to see you in the predictions again! Frankie Perez is always a strong shout for any competition. In case you didn't know, all the shows are posted at the start of the thread with compilation PDFs if you get the time to catch up!

Tuesday W3 August 2021 - PWL Television

bwQAf0J.png

Click to see the show

Alternative Link

Embedded version

<iframe width="70%" height="600" src="https://docdro.id/l7VftzG" frameborder="0" allowtransparency allowfullscreen></iframe>

Predictions this round

DinoKea: 4/4

christmas_ape: 1/4

There is an error on the match results slide - it reads Devilfish def. Paolo Gandalfini, but this is not true - Gandalfini won the match.

Valiant Tournament Predictions

DinoKea: 4/4

christmas_ape: 1/4

VALIANT: Group Stage Night 2

MATCH CARD

Walker van Cleer vs. Zee (Group B)

JOJI vs. Konrad Makinen (Group C)

Findlay O’Farraday vs. Jotaro Tanaka (Group A)

Davis Wayne Newton vs. Frankie Perez (Group D)

Remember to get your tournament winner picks in before Friday if you haven't already.

2021 Valiant Tournament Group Night 2 Predictions

Zee def. Walker van Cleer

Konrad Makinen def. JOJI

Findlay O’Farraday def. Jotaro Tanaka

Davis Wayne Newton def. Frankie Perez

I kind of wish I'd noticed before the insanity on those predictions scores. 6/47 wrong in Prestige, almost enough to overcome the fact Herrbear had the right winner and I didn't at all. Meanwhile in TAG Herrbear outscored me, but I had the right winner this time. Funny the way that works.

Walker van Cleer vs. Zee (Group B)

JOJI vs. Konrad Makinen (Group C)

Findlay O’Farraday vs. Jotaro Tanaka (Group A)

Davis Wayne Newton vs. Frankie Perez (Group D)

Ok so a rough start with the prediction, but a little ring rust was a given. Enjoyed the show though, as always the main event was well written. And of course Zimmy is a great get. Apologies if you've gone over this at any point in my absence, but how is PWL doing in game?

I kind of wish I'd noticed before the insanity on those predictions scores. 6/47 wrong in Prestige, almost enough to overcome the fact Herrbear had the right winner and I didn't at all. Meanwhile in TAG Herrbear outscored me, but I had the right winner this time. Funny the way that works.

I guess in a funny way it balanced itself out. I'm not sure if the winner pick is overpowered or not. If it can swing the whole competition, perhaps it is, but then again it's fun having that sense of uncertainty throughout - even if you're well behind on match picks you've still got a chance.

Ok so a rough start with the prediction, but a little ring rust was a given. Enjoyed the show though, as always the main event was well written. And of course Zimmy is a great get. Apologies if you've gone over this at any point in my absence, but how is PWL doing in game?

You'll get back in the groove soon enough! I don't think I've commented much on how the company is doing. It's pretty much always made a loss - a small company with weekly TV and world class wrestlers takes a while to get profitable. Good job Figo's got deep pockets. I also had to sign Perez and Youngman to exclusive written contracts at great expense to ward off the attention of TCW. I think it was worth it as they're two of my top stars.

During the Valiant Tournament, things really begin to take off. You'll see it reflected in the attendances for each show, especially at the end of the tournament and the weeks following. Things are about to explode.

TO EVERYONE: Double Dutch will be appearing on the next Behind the Curtain podcast, so don't hesitate to get in your questions for them. Waiting on Herrbear to find out the singles wrestler who'll appear.

Wednesday W3 August 2021 - PWL Television

CNbIQZm.png

Click to see the show

Alternative Link

Embedded version

<iframe width="70%" height="600" src="https://docdro.id/kfSy4cO" frameborder="0" allowtransparency allowfullscreen></iframe>

Predictions this round

christmas_ape: 4/4

DinoKea: 3/4

Valiant Tournament 2021 Predictions

DinoKea: 7/8

christmas_ape: 5/8

VALIANT: Group Stage Night 3

MATCH CARD

Frankie Perez vs. Paolo Gandalfini (Group D)

Mr. Lucha III vs. Zee (Group B)

Konrad Makinen vs. Tigre Salvaje Jr (Group C)

Findlay O’Farraday vs. Landon Mallory (Group A)

2021 Valiant Tournament Group Night 3 Predictions

Frankie Perez def. Paolo Gandalfini

Mr. Lucha III def. Zee (Probably a draw)

Tigre Salvaje Jr def. Konrad Makinen

Landon Mallory def. Findlay O’Farraday

Question: What's your plan to help you bring things to the next level in Season 3?