Prestige Wrestling League (CVerse)

Valiant Semi Finals Predictions

Zee def. HalloWarped

Mr. Lucha III def. Frankie Perez

Konrad Makinen def. Landon Mallory

I'm going to do a batch of comments I have on things that kind of came together this show:

1. It's awesome seeing qualification for league spots, really makes it feel deserved (and stops guys like Jash Singh getting in)

2. Love seeing all the stories coming together, not just in the Valiant tournament but guys like SIRA and Konoe have been built up a while ago so seeing them competing in the playoffs is cool.

3. Who gets the other automatic qualification spot? Like I feel Zimmy has already proven he deserves it.

4. Wow, not many matches on this card. Long matches or lots of promo time?

5. Man, we're not being too impressivr with our predictions.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to do a batch of comments I have on things that kind of came together this show:

1. It's awesome seeing qualification for league spots, really makes it feel deserved (and stops guys like Jash Singh getting in)

2. Love seeing all the stories coming together, not just in the Valiant tournament but guys like SIRA and Konoe have been built up a while ago so seeing them competing in the playoffs is cool.

3. Who gets the other automatic qualification spot? Like I feel Zimmy has already proven he deserves it.

4. Wow, not many matches on this card. Long matches or lots of promo time?

5. Man, we're not being too impressivr with our predictions.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

1. Now I've got a bigger roster, and some spare tag guys floating around, there's plenty of possibilities for this kind of qualification. Jash Singh actually got in as a last-minute replacement for Frankie Perez when he withdrew, althought he didn't quite replicate Frankie's success.

2. I like to keep some of the relegated guys around for this. Makes it feel like there's a world outside of the league.

3. Zimmy/Zee got the Devilfish treatment from last year - looking good in the Valiant Tournament. However, his behaviour counted against him and only earned him a shot at qualification instead of automatically joining.

4. The Wednesday shows (normally the tag league) are only 1 hour. Since there's two massive semi-finals, I figured they'd need the majority of that time.

5. No. That's the joy of a tournament like this - it's really hard to predict!

HalloWarped vs. Zee

(winner earns a spot in an automatic promotion match)

Frankie Perez vs. Mr. Lucha III

Konrad Makinen vs. Landon Mallory

Only just properly caught up. I really enjoyed the stats in behind the curtain, it's a real strength of the diary now the history that's slowly built up and seeing point averages and stuff like that really fits in with PWL.

Only just properly caught up. I really enjoyed the stats in behind the curtain, it's a real strength of the diary now the history that's slowly built up and seeing point averages and stuff like that really fits in with PWL.

I love the stats. And you're right, after so many seasons, the history is there to dig deep into.

A question for everyone, is there any stats/data you'd like to see on the podcast?

Wednesday W2 September 2021 - PWL Television

Links to each wrestler's entrance music can be found on their wrestler card and sometimes in the text, so make sure to check them out!

ugvXjC2.png

Click to see the show

Alternative Link

Embedded version

<iframe width="70%" height="600" src="https://docdro.id/Q5L0VI0" frameborder="0" allowtransparency allowfullscreen></iframe>

Predictions this round

DinoKea: 2/3

christmas_ape: 1/3

Herrbear: 1/3

Valiant Tournament Predictions

christmas_ape: 18/28

DinoKea: 19/33

Herrbear: 9/24

VALIANT: Final

MATCH CARD

Devilfish vs. Taheiji Konoe

(Prestige League Relegation Playoff)

Zofia Jankovic vs. Fuyuko Higa

HalloWarped vs. ZERO

(Winner is automatically promoted to the Prestige League)

Don Henderson vs. SIRA

Trident vs. Jotaro Tanaka & Unstoppabreakable

Konrad Makinen vs. Mr. Lucha III

(Valiant Tournament Final)

Valiant Tournament 2021 Finals Predictions

Devilfish def. Taheiji Konoe

I like Konoe, but it seems like next season might be where we get to see a stronger Devilfish in the league, potentially as Tigre steps into TAG

Zofia Jankovic def. Fuyuko Higa

Like to go off on the women's wrestling, but Zofia seemed cool, so she can get a win.

HalloWarped def. ZERO

I could honestly see this one being a draw, but I'm going for HalloWarped on the basis he talks. He also got the win on a bigger name.

SIRA def. Don Henderson

I feel like Don's not really done much in the league and while he could step up, it could be a great way to push SIRA up

Trident def. Jotaro Tanaka & Unstoppabreakable

Tanaka is a low level name, Owusu is aging and Jordan isn'tenough to make up for this, especially not when compared with 3 top level talent like Trident.

Mr. Lucha III def. Konrad Makinen

The storylime built up over this whole year has been Mr. Lucha III vs. Ernest Youngman and I think it's time for the title match at your biggest show of the year

HalloWarped vs. ZERO

Don Henderson vs. SIRA

HalloWarped vs. ZERO

Don Henderson vs. SIRA

'A question for everyone, is there any stats/data you'd like to see on the podcast?'

That's a tough one, some would be interesting but realistically too hard for you to work out (like say what finishing move has put away most people) but there's some in game stats that could be interesting (who has developed the most in certain stats, who has gained the most pop etc).

That's a tough one, some would be interesting but realistically too hard for you to work out (like say what finishing move has put away most people) but there's some in game stats that could be interesting (who has developed the most in certain stats, who has gained the most pop etc).

I would say something like the deadliest finisher could be done. I would have to make it up, as it's not something I could track, but I think it could work as long as it made sense storywise. One stat I've done before is the volume of attacks vs. the impact of attacks, with Devilfish and Youngman having contrasting styles. That wasn't based on any real numbers, just something I thought would be cool and invented some numbers to go with it.

As for in-game stats, I don't think they would work expressed explicitly, however I could do something like social media activity or merch sales to express popularity changes.

As for in-game stats, I don't think they would work expressed explicitly, however I could do something like social media activity or merch sales to express popularity changes.

Definitely, I agree that explicitly showing too much of the 'behind the scenes' isn't necessary, but like you say there's definitely other ways around it. I suppose whilst not a stat but something I could see included on a podcast is a brief look at how any PWL alumni are doing elsewhere in the wrestling world. Especially if there's any you think there's even a chance could return someday.

I suppose whilst not a stat but something I could see included on a podcast is a brief look at how any PWL alumni are doing elsewhere in the wrestling world. Especially if there's any you think there's even a chance could return someday.

That's a cool idea. I think I'll do that in the end of year 2 podcast as part of looking back over the first couple of years.

Thursday W2 September 2021 - PWL Television

Links to each wrestler's entrance music can be found on their wrestler card and sometimes in the text, so make sure to check them out!

qY2rsxB.png

Click to see the show

Alternative Link

Embedded version

<iframe width="70%" height="600" src="https://docdro.id/9modDxl" frameborder="0" allowtransparency allowfullscreen></iframe>

Predictions this round

christmas_ape: 5/6

DinoKea: 5/6

Herrbear: 3/6

Valiant Tournament Predictions

DinoKea: 24/39

christmas_ape: 23/33

Herrbear: 12/30

Valiant Tournament Predictions Competition Results

Third Place - Herrbear

Show predictions: 12/30 = 40%

Max. winner prediction points = 30 x 0.2 = 6

Winner predictions: 0/6 = 0% (1. Gandalfini, 2. Makinen)

Total = 12/36 = 33.3%

Second - christmas_ape

Show predictions: 23/33 = 69.7%

Max. winner prediction points = 33 x 0.2 = 6.6

Winner predictions: 0/6.6 = 0% (1. Perez 2. Findlay)

Total = 23/39.6 = 58.1%

Winner - DinoKea

Show predictions: 24/39 = 61.5%

Max. winner prediction points = 39 x 0.2 = 7.8

Winner predictions: 7.8/7.8 = 100% (1. Mr. Lucha III, 2. Zee)

Total = 31.8/46.8 = 67.9%

Congratulations to DinoKea for taking your predictions competition wins to 6, and reclaiming your Valiant Tournament predictions crown! Let me know who you'd like to see on the podcast next.

All Time Predictions

DinoKea: 354/482

Herrbear: 246/366

christmas_ape: 135/183

Editor6: 112/167

humph: 108/135

Aura: 20/24

Hitman74: 13/18

Historian: 9/15

Scottie: 8/14

KeyserSoze: 6/10

Mimikuri: 4/4

Theheel: 3/6

kanegan: 1/5

Sco xY2Jx: 0/5

All Time Predictions Competition Winners

Copa de Primavera 2020: humph

Prestige League Season 2: DinoKea

Prestige League Season 3: christmas_ape

Valiant Tournament 2020: DinoKea (2)

Prestige League Season 4: DinoKea (3)

Prestige League Season 5: Editor6

Prestige League Season 6: DinoKea (4)

Prestige Tag League Season 1: Editor 6 (2)

Prestige League Season 7: Herrbear

Prestige Tag League Season 2: DinoKea (5)

Valiant Tournament 2021: DinoKea (6)

The Valiant Tournament has come to an end, but there's no rest for the PWL wrestlers. Season 8 of the singles league kicks off straight away, while the 3rd tag league will commence in a few weeks.

While only the singles league is in place, I'll continue with Monday and Friday posting, then when the tag league kicks in, it'll return to Monday, Wednesday & Friday posts.

Predictions Competition

The predictions competition will take place over the nine rounds plus PWL Conquest (not PWL Prestige this year - that won't be part of any competition but will contribute to the all-time score)

Predicting the shows

- A 50% commitment is required to enter the competition.

- Draws earn you a point no matter who you chose.

Predicting the league winner

- You have two picks - the first will get you maximum points, while the second will get you half points.

- The tournament winner pick is worth a maximum of 20% of the number of matches you predict.

Winning

The winner of the predictions competition gets to pick a PWL wrestler to have an in-depth interview on Joanne Rodriguez's Behind the Curtain podcast.

Everyone else will be able to submit questions to that wrestler as part of the interview (like an Ask Me Anything).

Please make sure you get your tournament winner predictions in before the second round of the league, else it will not count. That show will be posted on Monday 15th November, so make sure to get your winners in before then.

l6a7aqm.png

SINGLES: Round 1

MATCH CARD

Ernest Youngman vs. Paolo Gandalfini

Deever Arnold vs. Martin Heath

Don Henderson vs. HalloWarped

Jotaro Tanaka vs. Landon Mallory

Devilfish vs. Mr. Lucha III

Prestige League Season 8 Winner Pick 1:

Prestige League Season 8 Winner Pick 2:

Prestige Season 8: Round 1 Predictions

Ernest Youngman def. Paolo Gandalfini

Deever Arnold def. Martin Heath

HalloWarped def. Don Henderson

Landon Mallory def. Jotaro Tanaka

Devilfish def. Mr. Lucha III

Prestige League Season 8 Winner Pick 1: Devilfish

Prestige League Season 8 Winner Pick 2: Mr. Lucha III

I'd love to pick Mr. Lucha III but I want to put somebody new in the spotlight more. Since I also want someone in the league and he's been around for a while now (and could be around a while more), I've decided it's Jotaro Tanaka's turn to get an interview.

My table predictions for this season:

10th: Don Henderson - I think Don is likely just going to be a two season guy. He could be like Tanaka and last way longer than I expect, but I think he's going to struggle this season.

9th: HalloWarped - I'd love for him to stick around more and love the Kiwi representatives in Prestige, but I don't think he'll be a top guy. He could make playoffs and maybe face ZERO or Zee again.

8th: Martin Heath - I think SIRA and his rival is still heading towards it's top moment and they'll meet again. With this I'm going he and SIRA face off in a qualification match for Season 9 or they both get in. Without this he'd be dead last.

7th: Jotaro Tanaka - I think it's well documented I never have the highest of hope for him, but he always finds a way to survive and I think he does once again.

6th: Deever Arnold - It's hard to say how well he'll do having never seen him before, but I think he'll be the debut to do alright.

5th: Landon Mallory - Everyone struggles after winning, particularly if they lose the title fight. Mallory will be no different. Could possibly be lower but I like his chances.

4th: Mr. Lucha III - He's battered and broken. He might do well, but in the end he'll struggle and not really be too close to winning.

3rd: Ernest Youngman - He's always near the top but I'm giving him third on a guess.

2nd: Paolo Gandalfini - Remember when I predicted him to be straight relegated last season. Yeah, so Gandalfini near the top again but not quite getting it. Maybe S9

1st: Devilfish - It's a massive risk, Gandalfini is a heel, Deever, HalloWarped & Heath are newbies, Mr. Lucha III already has a title match booked (and will be completely battered), Youngman would pick the worst opponent, Mallory just had his title match and Henderson & Tanaka aren't good enough to win. This leaves only Devilfish who will no longer be split between leagues and has shot up in ability. I could easily be wrong, but I think this might be Devilfish's time.

Also I think you have the wrong name down for me winning.

I'd love to pick Mr. Lucha III but I want to put somebody new in the spotlight more. Since I also want someone in the league and he's been around for a while now (and could be around a while more), I've decided it's Jotaro Tanaka's turn to get an interview.

My table predictions for this season:

10th: Don Henderson - I think Don is likely just going to be a two season guy. He could be like Tanaka and last way longer than I expect, but I think he's going to struggle this season.

9th: HalloWarped - I'd love for him to stick around more and love the Kiwi representatives in Prestige, but I don't think he'll be a top guy. He could make playoffs and maybe face ZERO or Zee again.

8th: Martin Heath - I think SIRA and his rival is still heading towards it's top moment and they'll meet again. With this I'm going he and SIRA face off in a qualification match for Season 9 or they both get in. Without this he'd be dead last.

7th: Jotaro Tanaka - I think it's well documented I never have the highest of hope for him, but he always finds a way to survive and I think he does once again.

6th: Deever Arnold - It's hard to say how well he'll do having never seen him before, but I think he'll be the debut to do alright.

5th: Landon Mallory - Everyone struggles after winning, particularly if they lose the title fight. Mallory will be no different. Could possibly be lower but I like his chances.

4th: Mr. Lucha III - He's battered and broken. He might do well, but in the end he'll struggle and not really be too close to winning.

3rd: Ernest Youngman - He's always near the top but I'm giving him third on a guess.

2nd: Paolo Gandalfini - Remember when I predicted him to be straight relegated last season. Yeah, so Gandalfini near the top again but not quite getting it. Maybe S9

1st: Devilfish - It's a massive risk, Gandalfini is a heel, Deever, HalloWarped & Heath are newbies, Mr. Lucha III already has a title match booked (and will be completely battered), Youngman would pick the worst opponent, Mallory just had his title match and Henderson & Tanaka aren't good enough to win. This leaves only Devilfish who will no longer be split between leagues and has shot up in ability. I could easily be wrong, but I think this might be Devilfish's time.

Also I think you have the wrong name down for me winning.

Great! Jotaro Tanaka will be the next guest on Behind the Curtain - I'm opening the floor for you all to submit your questions to him now.

Corrected the winner name - that's the problem with using old templates, sometimes I forget to change the most important part...

I'd love to comment on your table predictions but I can't without spoiling things, so I'd just like to say how awesome it is you think about it all and share your thoughts with me.

MATCH CARD

Ernest Youngman vs. Paolo Gandalfini

Deever Arnold vs. Martin Heath

Don Henderson vs. HalloWarped

Jotaro Tanaka vs. Landon Mallory

Devilfish vs. Mr. Lucha III

Prestige League Season 8 Winner Pick 1: Gandalfini

Prestige League Season 8 Winner Pick 2: Devilfish

I might change my picks and take more time to consider them, but I'm a little busy and would hate to miss out so these will do for now.

Loved the ending, I really was sure Makinen was winning by the end so props to Mr Lucha.

Tuesday W3 September 2021 - PWL Television

eXYeD05.png

Click to see the show

Alternative Link

Embedded version

<iframe width="70%" height="600" src="https://docdro.id/pJMBS0i" frameborder="0" allowtransparency allowfullscreen></iframe>

Predictions this round

christmas_ape: 4/5

DinoKea: 4/5

Herrbear: 4/5

Everyone got a point for the draw

League VIII Predictions

Herrbear: 4/5

SINGLES: Round 2

MATCH CARD

Don Henderson vs. Mr. Lucha III

Ernest Youngman vs. Martin Heath

HalloWarped vs. Jotaro Tanaka

Devilfish vs. Paolo Gandalfini

Deever Arnold vs. Landon Mallory

Make sure to get your winner picks in before round 2 is posted on Monday.

And don't forget to submit your questions to Jotaro Tanaka for the upcoming Behind the Curtain Podcast!

Prestige VIII - Round 2 Predictions

Mr. Lucha III def. Don Henderson

Ernest Youngman def. Martin Heath

HalloWarped def. Jotaro Tanaka

Devilfish def. Paolo Gandalfini

Landon Mallory def. Deever Arnold

Question for Tanaka: Over the last few seasons you've not managed to make the top half, have you got a plan to change that this season?

Additional Comments:

1. No music for HalloWarped and Martin Heath yet?

2. An idea for a statistic for the Behind the Curtain could be looking at the performance of different countries that have appeared in the league

Additional Comments:

1. No music for HalloWarped and Martin Heath yet?

2. An idea for a statistic for the Behind the Curtain could be looking at the performance of different countries that have appeared in the league

1. My bad. They've got music for the coming weeks, I just never actually put it on their graphics.

2. That would be a great idea. Haven't thought about that - seeing as there are wrestlers from all around the world.

Tuesday W4 September 2021 - PWL Television

XcpcUGE.png

Click to see the show

Alternative Link

Embedded version

<iframe width="70%" height="600" src="https://docdro.id/OMfUxRB" frameborder="0" allowtransparency allowfullscreen></iframe>

Predictions this round

Herrbear: 5/5

League VIII Predictions

Herrbear: 9/10

DinoKea: 8/10

SINGLES: Round 3

MATCH CARD

Jotaro Tanaka vs. Martin Heath

Devilfish vs. HalloWarped

Deever Arnold vs. Ernest Youngman