Total Championship Wrestling - Wrestling Wonderland

VzP2hhK.jpg

TCW Saturday Night Showcase

Saturday, Week 4, February 2020 - ‘LIVE’ from Virginia Park Fields (Richmond, VA)

Announce Team: Jason Azaria, Kyle Rhodes, and Jasmine Saunders

Attendance: 7,550 - TV Rating: 2.98 on ACE; 0.38 on IC-TV

Show Rating: 75

Q6XX2us.jpg

The first ever Saturday Night Showcase kicks off with the entrance music of Ricky Dale Johnson! The crowd goes wild as the beloved Texas Fist Fighter steps onto the entrance stage in a suit, wearing his trademark cowboy hat.

“That’s Ricky Dale Johnson, ladies and gentlemen!” Azaria screams on commentary! “TCW legend, beloved fan favorite, and, here’s a little fact you may not know… the representative of the TCW Championship Committee!”

“We haven’t seen him since he retired, and now he’s here on behalf of the people who run things!” Rhodes adds.

RDJ soaks in the cheers at the top of the ramp for a moment before adjusting his lapels and heading down towards the ring, swinging by the ringside announce booth to shake hands with the announce team and grab a microphone before heading into the ring.

“Thank you folk for the warm reception,” he says in his heavy Texas drawl, holding up his hand to try and quiet the raucous crowd. “As I’m sure you TCW fans are well aware, things around here have been… well, as we say back home, the prisoners are running the pokey. That don’t stand well with the TCW Championship Committee, and they have elected to send someone here to restore some order, and that someone… is me,” he smirks as the crowd pops for the announcement. “Now, I’m not gonna throw around terms like ‘general manager’ or ‘commissioner,’ Hell, I ain’t even gonna call myself the man in charge. Just know this… there is a new sheriff in town boys, and he wears a size eight Stetson!”

He takes another moment to soak in the crowd reaction, adding, “Aww, Hell, I’ve missed y’all!”

“Now, there’s a matter at hand that needs addressin’ and that’s the snowjob that happened in the number one contender’s match Tuesday on Total Wrestling,” RDJ states. “There may have been a winner, but we all saw what happened… and what happened don’t sit right with me or the Championship Committee. So, tomorrow night, at War to Settle the Score, there ain’t gonna be no Aaron Andrews versus Wolf Hawkins title defense!”

That immediately brings out Wolf Hawkins from the back.

aLUKJa4.jpg

“Wait just a minute, you washed up hick!” Wolf rages at the top of the ramp.

“Well, it’s nice to see you again, too, Wolf,” RDJ chuckles.

“I sent you packing once, and I’ll do it again!” Wolf taunts, referencing RDJ’s final showdown, title versus career, against Wolf nearly two years ago now. “What gives you the right to take away my title match, you liquored up cowboy?”

“The Championship Committee, for one,” Johnsons brushes his complaint aside. “And for two, who said I was takin’ away your shot?”

“You did!” Wolf seethes.

“No, what I said was, ain’t gonna be no Aaron Andrews versus Wolf Hawkins title defense,” RDJ corrects The Alpha Wolf.

“Then what the Hell are you talking about?!” Wolf questions.

“Well, we’re gonna have ourselves a good ol’ three-way dance!” the new sheriff announces. “Aaron Andrews against Wolf Hawkins… against Freddy Huggins!”

“NO!” Wolf screams. “NO GO*******!!” Hawkins drops his microphone and continues screaming at RDJ from the top of the ramp.

“‘Fraid so, Wolfie,” RDJ chuckles. “The Committee Cowboy has spoken… you do enjoy your night now, we got such a great night a’ action comin’ up!”

“How about that?!” Saunders asks on commentary, the announce team chattering about the return of RDJ for a moment as his music plays while the cameras continue to show Wolf freaking out on the stage.

SEGMENT RATING: 79

<hr>

zDqstiJ.jpge0ZRHU9.jpg

“THE BUZZSAW”

FRANKIE PEREZ

VERSUS

CHRIS FLYNN

These two just didn’t seem to click despite both men turning in a good effort, and the crowd never really got into the match as a result. Flynn played to the crowd a few times when he had the upperhand that he’s not the weak link, but his distraction with pointing this out led to Perez stealing his momentum. The same was true at the finish, when Flynn was gloating to the crowd before putting The Buzzsaw into the Flynn-Lock which allowed Frankie to recover and nail him with a Buzzsaw Kick for the victory.

WINNER: Frankie Perez (8:12)

MATCH RATING: 50

<hr>

kLM8zYk.jpgtXthfOE.jpg

TCW TELEVISION TITLE MATCH

“THE SECOND GENERATION SUPERSTAR”

GREG GAUGE ©

VERSUS

“THE 24 HOUR PARTY ANIMAL”

EDD STONE

Greg Gauge started off the match jawing about how Edd Stone didn’t belong in “his ring,” but Edd quickly reminded Gauge that his last name is Stone with some rapid fire offense that saw him shine in the beginning of the match. Unlike Flynn in the match before him, Gauge’s cockiness never gets the better of him during this match as he learned his lesson in the beginning and was all business from there on out. In the end, Edd Stone became another in a long list of wrestlers to tap out to the Proton Lock.

WINNER, AND STILL CHAMPION: Greg Gauge (12:36)

MATCH RATING: 74

<hr>

kLM8zYk.jpgQ6XX2us.jpg1Thm9R4.jpg

After a video for next month’s TCW Battleground pay-per-view, Greg Gauge is shown walking backstage with his TCW Television title draped over his shoulder. He’s chuckling to himself about how, “a Stone thought he could hang with a Gauge,” when he bumps into Sammy Bach. The two stare at one another for a moment, but before either can say a word Ricky Dale Johnson enters the scene.

“Sammy!” the Texan exclaims. “Sammy, good to see you still hanging around here. What, uh… what seems to be the problem here?” he questions.

“Problem?” Gauge asks, looking at RDJ then back at Bach. “The problem is this buffoon not watching where he’s going!”

“What, is this your backstage, too, Gauge?” Bach scoffs.

“Alright, alright, look, I’ll just make this easy for everybody,” RDJ tells them both. “Tomorrow night, War to Settle the Score… settle this score, we need a TV title match for the show anyway.”

“Fine,” Gauge smirks, nodding and walking away happily.

“Good to see ya, Sammy!” Johnson’s voice booms as he pats Bach on the back and walks away, leaving Sammy there looking a bit unsure.

“He’s been training for a match with Jay Chord!” Kyle Rhodes exclaims as we head back into the arena.

SEGMENT RATING: 87

<hr>

2y36Ffs.jpgM1UPo0s.jpg

JOSHUA TAYLOR’S OPEN CHALLENGE

JOSHUA TAYLOR

VERSUS

REMMY HONEYMAN

Taylor scoffs at Honeyman, who was essentially squashed on Total Wrestling, answering his challenge. And the result is very much the same here, as Taylor puts him away in record time with a Butterfly Lock.

WINNER: Joshua Taylor (3:14)

MATCH RATING: 61

<hr>

Troy Tornado is out next to gloat about beating Sammy Bach recently, conveniently leaving out the aid Jay Chord had given him in the match. After bragging for a couple of minutes, he turns his attention to his opponent for tonight and uses his new catchphrase to put the match over.

“T-Bone Bright,” he says, “step into the ring with me and I’ll make you a star.”

FvoHddF.jpgb97NFHg.jpg

TROY TORNADO

VERSUS

T-BONE BRIGHT

These two put in a good brawl, and Tornado even debuted a new move that nearly put T-Bone down for the count. Tornado was in control for a good portion of the match until Bright turned things around; just when it looked like T-Bone was ready to pick up a victory, Venus Angeletti appears to distract the referee. Before T-Bone can get the ref to turn around, Ernest Youngman is in the ring to whip T-Bone into the ropes and pounce back with a brutal connection on The Hit! He quickly hightails it out the ring, and Angeletti drops her distraction just as Tornado is recovering. It’s elementary from there, Tornado hits a Star Maker for the victory.

WINNER: Troy Tornado (9:39)

PRE-MATCH RATING: 68

MATCH RATING: 62

After Tornado has left the ring, Youngman returns but as he picks up Bright to continue the assault, T-Bone shoves him away and a brawl breaks out.

“These two are going at it!” Azaria declares just seconds before Ricky Dale Johnson’s music hits, and the Committee Cowboy appears before the crowd again.

Q6XX2us.jpg

“This is exactly the kinda thing I was sent here to get a handle on!” he declares as the brawl settles, Bright and Youngman looking on as he speaks. “You two have been fighting for weeks now, and tomorrow night you’re gonna settle it! I’m on a roll tonight, boys, match number three! Hitman and T-Bone, book it!” he demands before exiting the arena.

SEGMENT RATING: 57

<hr>

rKWGkKG.jpgGJmIN2x.jpg

JAY CHORD

VERSUS

CHANCE FORTUNE

Jay Chord comes out in this one like a man possessed, showing a mean streak somewhat atypical of the man with a Legacy of Greatness behind him. These two put on the match of the night so far, and one of the best matches TCW has seen in some time. Fortune looks to continue the momentum he’s picked up in tag team wins with a singles victory, but Chord refuses to lose and eventually picks up a win with a Super DDT.

WINNER: Jay Chord (10:06)

MATCH RATING: 82

Following the match, Jay Chord takes a microphones and reveals the reason for the mean streak he had shown in the match.

“Ricky Dale Johnson, you’re not a cowboy, you’re a coward!” he seethes. “You’ve been here ten minutes, and you take away my match with Sammy Bach because he bumped into someone backstage, and now he gets a Television title match?! Have I-- have I gone insane? Who put this washed up relic in a ten gallon hat in charge around here? I DEMAND ANSWERS! I will not let this stand! I want, no, I DEMAND my match with Bach so I can rid TCW of this relic once and for all! You’re standing in the way of my destiny, Johnson! Wolf Hawkins might have put you out of wrestling, but I’ll put you out of your misery if you insist on getting in my way!”

“Seems like Jay has some problems with the new authority around here,” Rhodes notes.

“He’s going to have to get used to it,” Azaria retorts. “I think the Championship Committee has sent RDJ here to stay!”

SEGMENT RATING: 70

<hr>

qWyPpwj.jpglDysWTL.jpga0iwWXh.jpgLsmE30S.jpg

THE ELITE

(EDDIE CHANDLER & NATE JOHNSON)

VERSUS

BENNY BENSON & FLYING JIMMY FOXX

Benny Benson has been looking to get some momentum going any way he can lately, and tonight he dips his toe back into tag team action with his favorite partner, Flying Jimmy Foxx. The faces shine in the beginning, wowing the fans with some fast-paced, high-flying action until The Elite begin to systematically shut them down; Foxx plays face-in-peril a large chunk of the latter half of the match, until Benson gets a hot tag. In the end, though, the fun-loving babyfaces are no match the nasty heels, and they fall to an Elitism at around thirteen minutes.

WINNERS: The Elite (12:57)

MATCH RATING: 66

<hr>

n18G8Oj.jpg

aLUKJa4.jpgWC6SOYO.jpge0ZRHU9.jpgqWyPpwj.jpglDysWTL.jpg

When we come back from commercial, The Elite are still in the ring and they have been joined by the rest of their Syndicate brothers; Wolf Hawkins has a microphone.

“Really?? Ricky Dale Johnson, really?” he complains. “The Championship Committee sent Ricky Dale Johnson to ‘restore order’ in TCW?” All of the members seem to scoff at the notion. “And, then, on his first night back, he lets the power go to his head and robs me of my rightful one-on-one match for the TCW World title!” The fans cheer, and Wolf tells them to shove it.

Doc Hammond has the microphone next. “So, you see, it’s real simple… a little demonstration of power here tonight,” he tells the crowd. “We’re here, and we’re not leaving until we feel like it!” he announces before passing the microphone to Chriss Flynn.

“I think I done more than enough to prove that there is no weak link in The Syndicate,” he says, but the crowd is immediately taunting him about his earlier loss. “Nevermind all of ya, you’re in The Syndicate’s house right now!” he screams. “You people forget who run the show, and it ain’t some cowboy with a beer gut! You’re looking at the superstars of TCW, you’re looking at The Syndicate!”

The Elite simply nod along, panting as they recover from their tag match and motioning around their waists that they want the Tag Team gold. Wolf is back on the mic after it’s been passed around.

“So, you see, it’s as simple as this,” Wolf tells the crowd. “We’re here, and we don’t feel like leaving, so we’re not gonna! We’re gonna stay out here, and we’re going to air all of our grievances with you people! First, and most important, MY World title match tomorrow night! If that bloated bastard was still here, I’d knock the cowboy hat clean off his head!”

The commentators question why he didn’t try that earlier when he had the chance. “He didn’t even get in the same ring as The Committee Cowboy!” Saunders shouts, trying to get over RDJ’s new nickname.

“Yeah, but who is going to get them out of the ring now?” Doakes questions. “RDJ’s gone for the night, Freddy Huggins isn’t here, the World Champion Aaron Andrews isn’t here!”

The answer proves to be no one, as The Syndicate continue going on about how they hold the power in TCW and they plan to remind everyone of that tomorrow night at The War to Settle the Score.

“It’s real simple,” The Alpha Wolf states. “Doc Hammond against Doctor Love? What a joke. Tag Team titles? They belong to The Elite. And, Chris? Well, Chris, hey, Chris,” Hawkins draws The Jock’s attention. “You still got a little something to prove, that’s why I got you a match with the RDJ’s favorite little bastard himself, Dazzling Dave Diamond… don’t let me down again,” he warns. “And me? Well, it doesn’t matter if I’ve got The Ace one-on-one or if that little puke Freddy Huggins is involved, the TCW World title is coming home!”

The Syndicate hold up the show for nearly ten minutes before they seem satisfied, Wolf adding, “I think we made our point,” before they clear out of the ring.

“Ladies and gentlemen, our main event is next!” Azaria pitches it to commercial as The Syndicate’s music plays them out of the ring.

SEGMENT RATING: 82

<hr>

ovPJTR7.jpgbwFNAlQ.jpgvV4FMuy.jpgJXj4qY7.jpg24gegRW.jpgXG7AGA6.jpg

cABZhW3.jpg

TCW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

THE MIGHTY ©

(MIGHTY MO & TANA THE MIGHTY)

VERSUS

DOGS OF WAR

(ONE MAN ARMY & HUMAN ARSENAL)

VERSUS

THE BEHEMOTHS

(KILLER SHARK & TITAN)

W/ EDDIE PEAK

The real story here, of course, is the on-going war between The Mighty and The Behemoths; there was no special stipulation to allow for brutality, and unlike multiple-man singles matches in TCW, multiple-team matches are not standardly elimination bouts-- the first team to score a pinfall or submission will emerge as the new TCW Tag Team champions. At every turn, The Behemoths and Eddie Peak were right there to put the kibosh on any momentum the Tag Team champions tried to build. Dogs of War remained mostly on the outside waiting to be tagged in, until the One Man Army tagged himself in to enter the match for the first time. The match continued to play out as war between the teams, Peak inserting himself into the match multiple times while in the ringside area. The finish saw Mighty Mo stranded in the ring by himself, Tana on the outside, with no way to avoid being swarmed by Dogs of War. A Bulldog Missile finished it, and the Dogs claim their first Tag Team titles from The Mighty!

WINNERS, AND NEW CHAMPIONS: Dogs of War (15:47)

MATCH RATING: 69

“We’ve got pandemonium here!” Azaria shouts as Eddie Peak and The Behemoths enter the ring, ready to lay waste to Mighty Mo as well as the new champions while Tana writhes on the outside.

“Join us on Total Wrestling dot com after the show for a full card rundown on The War to Settle the Score!” Kyle Rhodes adds.

“For Jason Azaria and Kyle Rhodes, I’m Jasmine Saunders: goodnight everybody! Good Lord, what chaos!”

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PREDICTION CONTEST STANDINGS

Bigjondalegend (4/6)

eayragt (4/6)

Jaysin (4/6)

cajr87 (4/6)

4-way tie after the SNS predictions, looks like The War to Settle the Score predictions will have to settle it. Of course, there are enough predictions to be made for the PPV that anyone could take it even if they missed SNS predictions.

60VdfAA.jpg

THE WAR TO SETTLE THE SCORE PREVIEW

TOTALWRESTLING.COM UPDATE - SATURDAY, WEEK FOUR, FEBRUARY 2020

The War to Settle the Score is less than 24 hours away! Here’s an update on the final card, as presented to TotalWrestling.com by the Committee Cowboy himself, Ricky Dale Johnson!

• TCW World Title Match- Aaron Andrews © vs Wolf Hawkins vs Freddy Huggins - These three have been going round-and-round all month long, with Hawkins even trying to recruit Huggins for The Syndicate before turning on him this past week. Just a few weeks ago this match would’ve looked like Andrews taking on a two-on-one challenge, but now it seems that may be true for Hawkins instead. As always, the three-way dance is an elimination-style match.
  • TCW Tag Team Title Match- Dogs of War © vs The Elite - One night removed from becoming TCW Tag Team champions, the Dogs of War put their belts on the line against The Elite!
  • TCW TV Title Match- Greg Gauge © vs Sammy Bach - One of RDJ’s first acts on arrival was booking this match for the pay-per-view, which hasn’t sat well with Jay Chord. In only the second PPV defense of the TCW Television title, Gauge will put his title on the line against The Rock God.
  • Frankie Perez & The Mighty vs Sinner Society - Six men itching for a fight; after Peak and his Sinner Society helped cost them the TCW Tag Team titles last night, The Mighty team up with The Buzzsaw in an attempt to dismantle the Sinner Society.
  • Doc Hammond vs Danny Fonzarelli - The Elite took over the show on Saturday Night Showcase, and it was revealed that Doc Hammond would be taking on Dr. Love himself, Danny Fonzarelli. How will the members of The Elite fare this Sunday on pay-per-view?
  • Jay Chord vs Benny Benson - Furious over not getting his match with Sammy Bach, Chord demanded a match with anyone not already matched up on the card. That competitor just happens to be Benny Benson, who holds a recent victory over Chord. Who will come out on top this Sunday?
  • Troy Tornado vs Edd Stone - The Star Maker takes on The 24 Hour Party Animal.
  • ”The Hitman” Ernest Youngman vs T-Bone Bright - These two have been on a collision course for weeks now, and it all comes to a head this Sunday!
  • Chris Flynn vs Dazzling Dave Diamond - Flynn looks to regain his lost momentum with a win over Dazzling Dave.
  • The Supremacy debut - Who are The Supremacy? Infiltrators? Upstarts? A new group arrives in Total Championship Wrestling this Sunday!
  • Joshua Taylor’s Open Challenge - His first open challenge match offered no competition for The Straight Edge Superstar; who will answer this Sunday in Manhattan?

PREDICTION KEY

================

TCW World Title Match- Aaron Andrews © vs Wolf Hawkins vs Freddy Huggins

TCW Tag Team Title Match- Dogs of War © vs The Elite

TCW TV Title Match- Greg Gauge © vs Sammy Bach

Frankie Perez & The Mighty vs Sinner Society

Doc Hammond vs Danny Fonzarelli

Jay Chord vs Benny Benson

Troy Tornado vs Edd Stone

Ernest Youngman vs T-Bone Bright

Chris Flynn vs Dazzling Dave Diamond

The Supremacy debut

Joshua Taylor’s Open Challenge

The Supremacy debut Some former SWF guys

Joshua Taylor’s Open Challenge Matt Hocking

I'm predicting a bad night for The Syndicate except for Flynn, the irony that the so called weak link is the only winner. Makes more sense to have Andrews win this match by pinning Huggins to increase the tension between Wolf and RDJ. Can't see why any of the other titles would change hands.

The Supremacy debut

Great show... I like the Committee dynamic that you have introduced. A ton of history with RDJ that could or couldn't come in to play. Either way I dig it. Im looking forward to the ppv.

Wolf Hawkins.. Easy choice the best wrestler here and the backing of the syndicate

Dogs of war Im going against my gut . the new champs will retain

Gauge

Perez and the mighty

Doc Hammond

Jay chord

Troy Tornado

Ernest youngman

Chris Flynn

The Supremacy debut

joshua taylor

<p>TCW World Title Match- <strong>Aaron Andrews</strong> © vs Wolf Hawkins vs Freddy Huggins</p><p>

-Even if Freddy turns face, the heel heavy top of card needs a face champion</p><p> </p><p>

TCW Tag Team Title Match- <strong>Dogs of War</strong> © vs The Elite</p><p>

-No need to hotshot these again</p><p> </p><p>

TCW TV Title Match- <strong>Greg Gauge</strong> © vs Sammy Bach</p><p>

-A big win for Gauge, or an excuse to take the title off him? I've gone for the former, but the reverse works.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Frankie Perez & The Mighty</strong> vs Sinner Society</p><p>

I like how Buzzsaw is almost playing the role that CZCW colleague Masked Cougar took in my diary (which is due to restart!)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Doc Hammond</strong> vs Danny Fonzarelli</p><p>

-Fonzy is well past it</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jay Chord</strong> vs Benny Benson</p><p>

-Not much stands in the way of Jay</p><p> </p><p>

Troy Tornado vs <strong>Edd Stone</strong></p><p>

-Much as I love Tornado, he's a broken man</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Ernest Youngman</strong> vs T-Bone Bright</p><p>

Sad that it's Bright who's getting fed, but as it's too Youngman I can't complain too much</p><p> </p><p>

Chris Flynn vs <strong>Dazzling Dave Diamond</strong></p><p>

-Triple D is a good one to have around for some short, wild brawls, although there is something I like about Flynn.</p><p> </p><p>

The Supremacy debut</p><p>

<strong>Joshua Taylor’s</strong> Open Challenge</p>

60VdfAA.jpg

TCW The War to Settle the Score

Sunday, Week 4, February 2020 - LIVE from Manhattan Nation Center (Manhattan, NY)

Attendance: 30,000 SELLOUT! - PPV Buyrate: 1.44

Show Rating: 81

TCW TOTAL SOUNDS PRESENTS THE WAR TO SETTLE THE SCORE THEME

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0J2QdDbelmY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<hr>

Jason Azaria and the announce team welcome us to the show before the music of Jay Chord fills the arena.

“This man is not happy with recent developments in TCW,” Jasmine Saunders states as he makes his way to the ring.

rKWGkKG.jpga0iwWXh.jpg

JAY CHORD

VERSUS

BENNY BENSON

Jay Chord is still furious over not having his match with Sammy Bach this evening, and it shows in his aggressive, brawling-focused style tonight. Benson does his best to stay competitive, controlling a stretch of the match in the middle, but as the finishing section begins it is all Chord. He viciously nails a Super DDT before rolling Benson onto the apron area of the ring and planting him with a Cradle Piledriver.

“He nearly killed him!” Kyle Rhodes shouts as Chord rolls him back in for the three count and the win.

WINNER: Jay Chord (12:33)

MATCH RATING: 80

<hr>

e0ZRHU9.jpgXkgiqqR.jpg

CHRIS FLYNN

VERSUS

DAZZLING DAVE DIAMOND

Another wild brawl for Dazzling Dave, but another win for Chris Flynn and The Syndicate; Diamond submits to the Flynn-Lock just past the six minute mark.

WINNER: Chris Flynn (6:04)

MATCH RATING: 58

<hr>

4S7WrE0.jpgQ6eqZdG.jpg

New music and new entrance video begin, but after a moment it becomes clear that the new entrance is for Freddy Huggins. He comes out in new gear with his sister, Laura Catherine Huggins, still by his side, who is wearing a much more revealing outfit than normal and doesn't seem to be screeching at the crowd. They make their way to the ring and start to cut a promo, making it clear relatively quickly that Freddy is turning face after his differences with The Syndicate.

"Wolf Hawkins can kiss my ass," he begins to a loud pop. "I have one thing to say to the rest of his little cronies, and that is this: The Syndicate sucks!" he announces to big cheers. "But, Wolf, tonight, you, and me, and Aaron Andrews... well, I would say we're gonna tear the house down, but, really, I just wanna say we're gonna kick the s--- outta you! You've made a lot of enemies, Wolf, and tonight it all catches up to you."

He takes off his sunglasses, smiling at the crowd as he hands them to his sister.

"Make no mistake about it, I know I've made some enemies over the years, and my time may come on those," he continues. “Aaron Andrews is no friend of mine, I’m sure he hasn’t forgotten a few weeks ago what Wolf talked into trying to pull off when he faced Joshua Taylor. But I know… I know... that he dislikes Wolf Hawkins a helluva lot more than he dislikes me! All those checks your mouth has written these past months, Hell, these past years... we’re gonna cash all of ‘em on your ass tonight!”

Huggins goes on a few more minutes, further cementing his new face status and his gimmick change, from Arrogant Jerk to Degenerate Good Guy.

SEGMENT RATING: 75

<hr>

b97NFHg.jpgFhmWD7b.jpg

Y56HZZT.jpg

T-BONE BRIGHT

VERSUS

“THE HITMAN”

ERNEST YOUNGMAN

W/ VENUS ANGELETTI

These two bright, young stars have quite a back-and-forth brawl in the ring, with neither man managing to get an upperhand until Venus Angeletti distracts the referee long enough for The Hitman to use a low blow. From there, a massive Hit takes out Bright for the pinfall.

WINNER: Ernest Youngman (7:44)

MATCH RATING: 58

<hr>

aLUKJa4.jpg

Wolf Hawkins is out next to hype his main event match-up, and brush off the earlier threats of Freddy Huggins.

“So, you think it’s two-on-one tonight? So what!” Hawkins scoffs. “I’m a member of The Syndicate, Hell, I AM The Syndicate! Whenever you face any one of us, it’s automatically five-on-one! There’s no overcoming the odds, Freddy, not in your fancy new tights, not in this ring, not against The Syndicate!”

Hawkins goes on to, as he often does, predict a Syndicate sweep for the evening.

“By the end of the night, we’re going to be holding two-thirds of all the gold in Total Championship Wrestling!” he declares.

SEGMENT RATING: 86

<hr>

WC6SOYO.jpgd2vUKlM.jpg

DOC HAMMOND

VERSUS

DANNY FONZARELLI

Not a squash match, but short enough to be one. Fonzarelli hits a couple signature spots to pop the crowd, but he’s no match for Doc in the end. Hammond picks up the win with a Texas Cloverleaf.

WINNER: Doc Hammond (5:41)

<hr>

Some new music fills the arena, a logo eventually appearing on the video wall that announces the arrival of The Supremacy! As a mixed reaction washes over the crowd, the logo hangs there for a moment before three figures appear on the entrance ramps.

nlL49mz.jpglUdt6gc.jpgzyzz4Jg.jpg

Austin Smooth, Davis Wayne Newton, and Jeremie Courtney walk out with rather smug looks on their faces, decked out in trendy, stylish clothes from head-to-toe. Courtney takes the lead as they strut to the ring, Smooth and Newton falling in line and acting disgusted with the New York crowd.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know what you’re thinking,” Courtney scoffs. “When you use a word like ‘supremacy’ in wrestling, people get to thinking one thing or another.”

“Yeah, but, I can assure all of you neurotic New York numbnuts that WE are the ONLY Supremacy that matters in wrestling,” Smooth adds before letting out an egomaniacal cackle. “We are the future of TCW, the future of wrestling at large, and I know a lot of people around here claim that.”

“Yeah, lots of claims, but we’re the only ones to tell you straight up that the future is now,” Newton says with pride. “Now, we don’t have any beef with Greg Gauge or my main man Jay Chord BUT...” he pauses for a moment to smile for the camera.

“But what we ARE gonna do,” Courtney says, continuing Newton’s sentence, “is take down the competition one-by-one-by-one…”

“Until there’s nothing left, no one to lay claim to the crown!” Smooth shouts. “No one, but…”

“The Supremacy!” they say in unison.

“Now, what I want right now, is for someone there in the back to rustle us up a little competition, and send out a few jobbers to look at the lights,” Smooth gloats. “We didn’t come just to talk, we came to show you what we’re all about, so, let’s do it!”

It takes a moment before anything happens, the announce team pondering what trio could possibly be on their way out, and if Ricky Dale Johnson will even stand for demands being made by wrestlers on the show. But, after a brief pause, music and entrance videos begin and we’ve got a match!

SEGMENT RATING: 31

3NJoNBa.jpgGJmIN2x.jpgrMXYyUm.jpg

THE SUPREMACY

(AUSTIN SMOOTH, DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON, AND JEREMIE COURTNEY)

VERSUS

BART BIGGINS, CHANCE FORTUNE, AND DARRYL DEVINE

In a competitive six-man tag match, the newly christened Supremacy take the fight to a trio of fan favorites. Devine wows the crowd with an impressive dive at one point early on, and the heels showcase some cheap tactics they’re all too happy to use to get the upperhand including eye pokes and pinfall attempts with the tights held. The finish sees Biggins take the loss for his team in a pinfall to Jeremie Courtney.

WINNERS: The Supremacy (9:23)

MATCH RATING: 55

<hr>

2y36Ffs.jpg

Joshua Taylor is out next to issue his standard open challenge.

"No one can break my Butterfly Lock, certainly none of you Manhattan morons," he gloats. "Hell, I don't think anyone in the entire Tri-State area can beat me! And do you know why?" he asks with a smirk as the crowd serenades him with jeers. "Because I'm Joshua Taylor... I'm straight edge... and that means, I'm better than y--"

Taylor is cut off by some new music that sounds generic but strangely familiar, the crowd stirring to turn towards the entrance stage as a very familiar local face emerges.

rBW30nL.jpg

"That's Chris Caulfield!" Jason Azaria exclaims as the crowd goes wild. "He's a Tri-State legend!"

"I don't think he's taking too kindly to Taylor's words here tonight," Kyle Rhodes adds.

"Did you say NO ONE in the Tri-State area is better than you, Josh?" Caulfield questions, the crowd still cheering him on. "These people haven't seen me in a little while, but, you know, something tells me they feel a little differently than you do..."

"Try me, you never-was, also-ran Tri-State piece of trash!" Taylor taunts, Caulfield accepting the open challenge and making his way to the ring.

OPEN CHALLENGE RATING: 62

CAULFIELD ACCEPTANCE RATING: 72

JOSHUA TAYLOR

VERSUS

CHRIS CAULFIELD

The announcers put over this being the first TCW match of Caulfield's long career, and he shines in the beginning as he outsmarts Taylor at every turn. When he finally does make a mistake, Taylor is quick to capitalize and takes control for most of the rest of the match. Caulfield starts to mount a comeback, but almost out of nowhere finds himself trapped in the Butterfly Lock. He fights it for longer than anyone other than Aaron Andrews has held out, but in the end he has no choice but to tap out.

WINNER: Joshua Taylor (10:28)

MATCH RATING: 62

<hr>

Troy Tornado is out next for a quick promo, spouting his new catchphrase and verbally taking down Edd Stone.

"The 24 Hour Party Animal? Please!" he scoffs. "Step into the ring with me, kid... I'll make you a star."

SEGMENT RATING: 63

FvoHddF.jpgtXthfOE.jpg

TROY TORNADO

VERSUS

"THE 24 HOUR PARTY ANIMAL"

EDD STONE

Tornado wins a short but competitive match with the Star Maker.

WINNER: TROY TORNADO (7:16)

<hr>

zDqstiJ.jpgovPJTR7.jpgbwFNAlQ.jpg

cABZhW3.jpg24gegRW.jpgXG7AGA6.jpg

"THE BUZZSAW"

FRANKIE PEREZ

AND

THE MIGHTY

(MIGHTY MO & TANA THE MIGHTY)

VERSUS

SINNER SOCIETY

(EDDIE PEAK, KILLER SHARK, AND TITAN)

This match was more than a wild brawl, the ref lost control early but Ricky Dale Johnson made an appearance and restarted the match under no holds barred rules. The pandemonium continued from there, with a lot of the match having Frankie Perez play face-in-peril to the much bigger guys on the Sinner Society. The bigger story coming out of the match, however, was Eddie Peak trying to coax Mighty Mo to further violence and have him join the Sinner Society. Mo would have none of it, though, and actually score the pinfall for his team over Peak!

WINNERS: FRANKIE PEREZ & THE MIGHTY (12:13)

MATCH RATING: 67

<hr>

vV4FMuy.jpgJXj4qY7.jpgqWyPpwj.jpglDysWTL.jpg

TCW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

DOGS OF WAR ©

(ONE MAN ARMY & HUMAN ARSENAL)

VERSUS

THE ELITE

(EDDIE CHANDLER & NATE JOHNSON)

A standard tag team affair between the new champions and the heel challengers, with the champions tossing their opponents around in the beginning until the heels used their experience and a little bit of cheating to gain the advantage. In the end, though, they were no much for the offensive onslaught of the Dogs of War and they fell to a Bulldog Missile in just under twelve minutes.

WINNERS, AND STILL TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: DOGS OF WAR (11:53)

MATCH RATING: 66

<hr>

Sammy Bach comes out to a warm reception with a lot on his mind.

"First off, I wanna thank Ricky Dale Johnson for giving me this opportunity tonight for the Television title," he says. "I may have had my sights set on Jay Chord, but he'll have to wait for another night; he's already gone for the night, because he was told if he interferes in my match tonight that he'd be fined." The crowd cheers that announcement.

"That brings me to another entitled brat, Greg Gauge," Bach continues. "I mean, are we really having a match because I bumped into you in the back? Well, buddy boy, I'm standing in your ring, come and get me!"

SEGMENT RATING: 72

kLM8zYk.jpg1Thm9R4.jpg

TCW TELEVISION TITLE MATCH

GREG GAUGE ©

VERSUS

SAMMY BACH

The match of the night to this point, these two went all out and the crowd loved them for it. The finish saw Gauge use a low blow out of the ref's sight which allowed him the advantage he needed to lock on the Proton Lock for the tainted win.

WINNER, AND STILL CHAMPION: Greg Gauge (15:10)

MATCH RATING: 78

<hr>

Q6XX2us.jpg

The Committee Cowboy, Ricky Dale Johnson, is out just before the main event with some words for the live crowd.

"Well, I gotta say, what happened in that last match is not what I had in mind when I threatened Jay Chord not to get involved," RDJ states. "Seein' Sammy cheated like that don't sit right with me, but I'll have to address that on Tuesday because right now I've got some business concernin' the main event to talk about, alright?" He paces for a moment as the crowd cheers on the beloved Texan.

"Now, seein' as my threats of a fine just don't seem good 'nuff for to make sure you all go home happy, I've imposin' a little something extra for the TCW World title match... anyone, and I do mean anyone, but especially The Syndicate... anyone interferes in the outcome of decidin' the World title, well, I reckon they're gonna find themselves fired!"

The crowd erupts as commentary talks about how furious Wolf Hawkins must be at this development.

"Now I reckon that don't sit right with The Syndicate, but I reckon I don't care," he chuckles. "But, like I said, that don't just go for them, goes for anybody. The committee demands order, respect, and competition, and, dadgummit, I'm here to deliver! Now, y'all enjoy the Hell out of this main event, ya hear me? It's gonna be a whopper!"

SEGMENT RATING: 90

<hr>

IAdc0El.jpgaLUKJa4.jpg4S7WrE0.jpg

TCW WORLD TITLE THREE-WAY DANCE

AARON ANDREWS ©

VERSUS

WOLF HAWKINS

VERSUS

FREDDY HUGGINS

TCW three-way dance matches are traditionally competed under elimination rules, whereas triangle matches are first to victory. The natural story here was Wolf getting his comeuppance from Andrews and Huggins from the start, the pair practically working together until differences arise. The two of them start duking it out among themselves as Hawkins rolls to the outside to recover, Huggins shining for a bit before Andrews reverses their fortunes to go on offense for a while. Ever the opportunist, after Andrews gets a very-close two-count on Huggins, The Alpha Wolf slides back into the ring to attack Andrews and go on offense for a while.

The first elimination comes nearly twenty minutes into the match, Huggins looking for a pin after hitting Andrews with the Huggins Kiss but Wolf comes out of nowhere with a Full Moon Rising as Huggins is recovering to send Huggins out of the match. He scrambles for a pin on Andrews, but Andrews kicks out at two; up for another Full Moon Rising but Andrews counters with the knees. Both men are down to recover for a moment, each getting to their feet when the referee is at nine on his ten count to count them out. It’s a slugfest from there, Hawkins and Andrews going at it like dogs in a fight until that proves to wear both me down. They go into a series of false finishes from there, but Andrews finally manages to retain his title with a brand new finisher dubbed the Ace Crusher.

WINNER, AND STILL CHAMPION: Aaron Andrews (31:33)

MATCH RATING: 82

MEDICAL NOTE: Wolf Hawkins suffered cracked ribs in this match.

That main event rated well considering the injury - imagine what it would have been without it!

Considering some of the bad injuries I've seen Wolf end up with in other peoples' saves, I'm just lucky that his first injury is week long thing he can work through (but he'll be getting the week off from matches to be sure).

I'm going to give everybody some time to see the show before I send the prediction winner(s) their screenshot prizes. This is also, obviously, the last show til at least the weekend. Everyone have a joyous, safe holiday!

Good show! Will be looking to see how Supremacy are booked and how it may affect The Syndicate. Unlucky to have Hawkins get injured but at least it didn't happen just before PPV. I am predicting a RDJ/ Syndicate story based on how you have presented RDJ so far. Looking forward to your next show.

Thanks for all the kind words everybody! I'm really happy with the way the last two shows turned out, and I'm glad you all feel the same. Here's another little peak into the C'Verse at large in my dynasty save...

2TruO3y.png?1

He signed for just under $115k a month at 43 years old, making him the second SWF guy I've had to pass up on since I wasn't going to hand out money to someone his age. My owner goals prevented me from making an offer on Mikey Lau a few weeks prior to Rogue's contract coming up, as Kyle Rhodes doesn't want me hiring Strikers for a while. Lau extended his SWF deal for two years at $47k per month.

He signed for just under $115M a month at 43 years old, making him the second SWF guy I've had to pass up on since I wasn't going to hand out money to someone his age. My owner goals prevented me from making an offer on Mikey Lau a few weeks prior to Rogue's contract coming up, as Kyle Rhodes doesn't want me hiring Strikers for a while. Lau extended his SWF deal for two years at $47M per month.

$115m - please tell me that should be $115k haha

2Js6RWI.jpg

TOTAL WRESTLING PREVIEW

TOTALWRESTLING.COM UPDATE - TUESDAY, WEEK ONE, MARCH 2020

This Tuesday on ACE, all the fallout from The War to Settle the Score!

• FREDDY HUGGINS VS DOC HAMMOND - Fresh off of being robbed of a pinfall in the three-way dance on Sunday, Freddy Huggins looks for his first hit of revenge against The Syndicate’s own Doc Hammond.
  • GREG GAUGE’S TELEVISION TITLE OPEN CHALLENGE - Despite having to cheat in order to retain against Sammy Bach, Greg Gauge continues to claim there is no one in TCW worthy of being in “his ring.” This Tuesday, he’s issued an open challenge to anyone inside or outside of TCW to step into the ring with him and try to wrestle the title away from him.
  • THE BEHEMOTHS VS DEVINE FORTUNE - Eddie Peak and The Behemoths have sworn to wreak havoc on TCW until they get their revenge on The Mighty, but the recent successes of Devine Fortune have the duo telling the sinful monsters to get in line. The Championship Committee has ruled that since The Behemoths were never pinned to lose their titles, and with Devine Fortune holding recent wins over The Elite and other competition, this match could determine a new number one contender to TCW Tag Team champions Dogs of War.
  • BART BIGGINS VS SHOCKING MATT HOCKING - Two men with something to prove, both looking to gain momentum in TCW and work their way into championship conversations. Who will come out on top?
  • AUSTIN SMOOTH VS RAYNE MAN - After the emergence of The Supremacy last night, one of the trio will step into the ring for singles action. His opponent? An indie stalwart looking to work his way back into the big leagues, Rayne Man!
  • THE AMERICAN COBRAS VS EDD STONE & DANNY FONZARELLI - Floyd Goldworthy’s latest charges have been looking for their first win, but despite some impressive outings have come up empty-handed thus far against any real competition in TCW. “The 24 Hour Party Animal” Edd Stone has recently decided to team up with “Doctor Love” himself, Danny Fonzarelli, and this new tandem will get their shot at cracking the tag ranks against the former newest team in town.

PREDICTION KEY

================

Freddy Huggins vs Doc Hammond

Greg Gauge’s Open Challenge

The Behemoths vs Devine Fortune

Bart Biggins vs Shocking Matt Hocking

Austin Smooth vs Rayne Man

The American Cobras vs Edd Stone & Danny Fonzarelli

2Js6RWI.jpg

TCW presents Total Wrestling

Tuesday, Week One, March 2020 - LIVE from Lowe Ballroom (Seattle, WA)

Attendance: 5,000 SELLOUT! - TV Rating: 3.79 on ACE; 0.40 on IC-TV

Show Rating: 83

aLUKJa4.jpg

Wolf Hawkins is out to start the show, and he does not look happy... he marches to the ring with a purpose, and without The Syndicate.

"I want the TCW Championship Committee, and especially Ricky Dale Johnson, to listen and listen good," he seethes. "Last night was a travesty, and I put the blame squarely on you for that... I earned my one-on-one shot against Aaron Andrews, and it was taken away! You put me in a three-way dance, you stack the odds against me, and you expect me to just here and take it?!"

It doesn't take much more complaining from The Alpha Wolf to bring out the Committee Cowboy himself, Ricky Dale Johnson.

Q6XX2us.jpg

"Wolf, what I expect you to do," RDJ postures as he stands on the entrance stage, "is to act like a professional, and accept your shortcomings. You lost, fair an' square, in a sanctioned TCW World title match... that means you've had your shot."

"NO!" Hawkins argues. "What about King of Kings? I've still got my main event at Total Mayhem!"

"If the committee decides it still works that way," RDJ interjects.

"What are you talking about?! You can't do this!" Wolf protests vehemently.

"I can if the committee decides it's right," Johnson informs him. "You see, you think The Syndicate run things 'round here... but you're wrong. You're powerless, and you don't like it. But, I got some other news you ain't gonna like, I'm afraid."

"What now, you old codger?" Wolf asks in a huff.

"Battleground," RDJ smiles. "Me an' the committee are cookin' up somethin' special, and it just so happens to concern you an' your buddies."

"What?!" Hawkins rages, the crowd eating up how furious he is over the situation.

"Not now," Ricky smirks. "I'll save that announcement for another day, little closer to showtime. You do have a good night now, Wolf."

RDJ's music plays The Committee Cowboy out as he waves his Stetson to the audience, Hawkins still furious in the ring as we take our first commercial break.

SEGMENT RATING: 100

<hr>

abOlkJ4.jpgBFDink1.jpgwLogVxq.jpgtXthfOE.jpgd2vUKlM.jpg

THE AMERICAN COBRAS

(STORM SPILLANE & MARVEL MALLOY)

W/ FLOYD GOLDWORTHY

VERSUS

THE LOVE MACHINES

(EDD STONE & DANNY FONZARELLI)

To the surprise and delight of the crowd, Stone & Fonzarelli come out together to a mash-up of their individual entrance themes and videos with a graphic proclaiming The 24 Hour Party Animal and Doctor Love to be The Love Machines. Jason Azaria also announces during the entrances that he has taken the lead announce duties back on Total Wrestling, while Shawn Doakes moves to Saturday Night Showcase.

The match itself is another high quality outing for the Cobras, Goldworthy calling the shots from ringside more than usual as they control Edd Stone for a large portion of the bout. The ending sees Goldworthy clock Fonzarelli with his "Golden Voice" gold megaphone which allows his team to hit the Cobra Strike for their first significant win in TCW.

WINNERS: The American Cobras (11:14)

MATCH RATING: 63

<hr>

zyzz4Jg.jpgnlL49mz.jpglUdt6gc.jpg

The Supremacy are out next for a quick promo, Jeremie Courtney starting off with the microphone first.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are The Supremacy, and we are here to tell you that the future is now!" he begins.

"We know 'supreme' is a word with a lot of context in wrestling," Austin Smooth says next. "But, like I said before, we're the only Supremacy that matter. Take a look at this jobber over here," Smooth continues, pointing out Rayne Man waiting his match with one of the trio on the outside. "He comes from the land of 'supreme' and I'm going to make short work of him, tell 'em, Triple Threat!"

Davis Wayne Newton is all smiles as he takes the mic from Smooth. "That's right, Austin," he says, doing his best to mimic the inflection of announcer Jason Azaria. "Now, here's a little fact you might not know," Newton continues with a smrik while the announce team brush off the attempt to make fun of their lead. "The Supremacy is undefeated, and it's gonna be that way for a long, long time. Thanks for playing, Gregory, now get in here so my man Austin can get paid for a short night's work!"

The trio laugh as the announce team toss to commercial, saying we'll have this match when we get back.

SEGMENT RATING: 32

nlL49mz.jpgFXr13OA.jpg

AUSTIN SMOOTH

VERSUS

RAYNE MAN

Smooth does indeed make short work of Rayne Man, trash talking during a good portion of the match and finishing him off with the Smooth Hold for a submission victory.

WINNER: Austin Smooth (5:51)

MATCH RATING: 34

<hr>

2y36Ffs.jpg

Joshua Taylor is out for a pretty standard promo, hitting all of his regular notes.

"I'd like to announce that I'm giving myself the week off," Taylor announces. "I've spent months looking for real competition, but I'm absolutely positive I'm not going to find it in, ugh, Washington," he scoffs. "You're lucky I even grace you with my presence... because I'm Joshua Taylor, I'm straight edge, and that means I'm better than you."

SEGMENT RATING: 73

<hr>

3NJoNBa.jpg59MVj5H.jpg

BART BIGGINS

VERSUS

SHOCKING MATT HOCKING

This was an even match throughout, Biggins working hard to keep up with the younger Hocking. The end came from seemingly nowhere as, in the middle of a hot, back-and-forth sequence, Biggins catches Hocking in a roll-up and gets the three count!

WINNER: Bart Biggins (8:17)

MATCH RATING: 52

<hr>

b97NFHg.jpgFhmWD7b.jpg

We’re taken backstage where T-Bone Bright is in the middle of a brawl with "The Hitman" Ernest Youngman; it looks like things aren't resolved between these two after Youngman's manager, Venus Angeletti, interfered to get her charge the win. They fight through a hallway and out into catering where the Committee Cowboy, Ricky Dale Johnson is speaking to someone on his cellphone.

"Now, I thought I told you two wild animals to settle this last night," Johnson shouts as he interjects into the fight to separate the two competitors. It takes a moment, but they finally pull back, both men in a huff.

"Now, I will have some order around here, you hear me?" Johnson berates them. "Battleground, the two of you can go at it one more time, but if, and only if, you stop makin' a mess of shows around here by fightin' all the time!" This seems to satisfy both men. Youngman nodding and Bright verbally agreeing with RDJ.

"Good, now you two walk away, leave each other alone, and meet in the ring at Battleground! The Committee Cowboy has spoken! Whew, I’m startin’ to like that name!" Johnson ends with authority before walking away, leaving T-Bone and The Hitman staring each other down as we go to commercial.

SEGMENT RATING: 65

<hr>

24gegRW.jpgcABZhW3.jpgXG7AGA6.jpgrMXYyUm.jpgGJmIN2x.jpg

THE BEHEMOTHS

(KILLER SHARK & TITAN)

W/ EDDIE PEAK

VERSUS

DEVINE FORTUNE

(DARRYL DEVINE & CHANCE FORTUNE)

A surprising squash match here as Killer Shark & Titan run roughshod over the fan favorites, who never get any momentum going.

WINNERS: The Behemoths (5:47)

MATCH RATING: 56

Following the match Eddie Peak gets on the microphone and praises the violence we’ve just seen from The Behemoths, and promises more to come if The Mighty don’t show themselves quickly. Shark & Titan pick up Devine & Fortune to further their assault, but The Mighty come charging out from backstage; Devine & Fortune are quickly dumped to the outside and a brawl breaks out in the ring. The Mighty & The Behemoths go back-and-forth before Nick Booth arrives with a trash can full of plunder! Into the ring it goes, and the Sinner Society begin to dismantle The Mighty with kendo sticks and the trash can itself.

“Ricky Dale Johnson has been trying to put a stop to this insanity!” Azaria claims on commentary.

“Where is the Committee Cowboy?” Saunders ponders as we go to commercial.

SEGMENT RATING: 67

<hr>

1Thm9R4.jpgrKWGkKG.jpg

When we come back from commercial, we see Sammy Bach backstage with Jay Chord along with a graphic that reads “EARLIER TONIGHT.”

“Ladies and gentlemen, we can now show you why Ricky Dale Johnson wasn’t out here to put a stop to the mayhem,” Azaria announces as the video begins to play.

“You ducked me last night to not even get the job done?” Chord scoffs as Bach shakes his head.

“Jay, I didn’t duck anything, I just did what the boss told me to do and had a match for the Television title,” Bach tells him. “A match a little more important, I might add, than trying to settle our score.”

Nothing is more important in this company than me, I can assure you of that,” Chord says arrogantly.

“Yeah, you’re sure of that, aren’t you?” Bach asks as they draw closer, but Ricky Dale Johnson emerges to separate them.

Q6XX2us.jpg

“Boy, am I gettin’ sick a’ separatin’ grown men around here,” Johnson says with a hint of laughter in his voice. “Now, Jay, I can see I put a burr under your saddle by bookin’ Sammy here in a match th’ other night that wasn’t with you, am I right?”

“You’re damn right!” Chord answers.

“Fine, fine… seems to me Chord vs Bach is a marquee matchup, and just the thing we can use for Battleground later this month,” Ricky responds. “What d’ya say, boys?”

“Fine,” Bach says shortly.

“Battleground?” Chord asks incredulously. “At Battleground? You want me to keep waiting for my match with this never-was Rock God?” Bach steps forward, but RDJ pushes him back again.

“I expect you, Jay Chord, to do as you are told as an employee of Total Championship Wrestling,” RDJ says, clearly losing patience. Chord’s lip curls with anger, and he stares down both men for a moment before finally stepping back.

“Fine,” Chord says. “You want me to wait for Battleground? I’ll wait for Battleground. In the meantime, why don’t you do your job and find a main event to put me in sometime soon, eh Cowboy?” Chord walks away in disgust, leaving RDJ to calm down Bach… or maybe it’s more the other way around? RDJ looks hot for the first time since his return as the segment ends.

SEGMENT RATING: 85

<hr>

n18G8Oj.jpg

When we return from commercial, The Syndicate are hanging out in their VIP suite and discussing tonight’s main event, Freddy Huggins versus Doc Hammond.

“I don’t even care if you win tonight,” Hawkins tells Hammond. “I just want you to hurt him real, real bad.” Hammond nods in agreement.

“No one makes a mockery of The Syndicate,” Eddie Chandler squawks as Hammond and Nate Johnson both nod along.

“No one turns down The Syndicate,” Chris Flynn adds. “I want my chance at ‘em, boss.”

“No, Chris, I’ve got something a little different in mind for you,” Wolf informs his muscle. “Two weeks from now, you’ve done more than enough to prove yourself… I’ve got you a World title match!”

“Wait, really, boss? But… that’s your title?” Flynn asks, a bit puzzled.

“Oh, no, see, your purpose is the same as Doc’s tonight… I don’t want you to win, I want you to hurt him!” Wolf informs Flynn. The Syndicate laugh and celebrate with champagne as if they’ve already won something while the rest of the segment plays out.

SEGMENT RATING: 77

<hr>

Greg Gauge is out next for his open challenge.

"I guess with Joshua Taylor taking the night off, we needed another arrogant jerk out here to run down the locals," Rhodes adds on commentary.

Gauge does, indeed, run down the locals for a moment, saying no one is worthy of being in his ring. Before he can say much else, the music of Troy Tornado surprisingly begins to play as The Star Maker himself makes his way down to the ring.

"Greg, while I respect you... man, am I sick of listening to you," he says to a cheerful response from the crowd. "I mean, your ring? Kid, I was owning that ring while you were still toting around a backpack trying to get the others kids to like you because you had a famous daddy! You want competition, kid? Step into the ring with me... I'll make you star."

The two go back-and-forth for another moment or two, further cementing Tornado's face turn before agreeing to a match.

CHALLENGE RATING: 64

ACCEPTANCE RATING: 66

kLM8zYk.jpgFvoHddF.jpg

TCW TEVELVISION TITLE MATCH

GREG GAUGE ©

VERSUS

TROY TORNADO

Tornado is hot out of the gate, really getting the crowd behind him and showing off some of his older face spots before Gauge turns his momentum around. The finish sees Tornado in control and setting up for a Star Maker when Gauge reverses and rolls Tornado up, pulling his tights to secure the pinfall victory before he hightails it out of there with the TCW Television title still in his grasp.

WINNER, AND STILL CHAMPION: Greg Gauge (13:01)

MATCH RATING: 75

<hr>

IAdc0El.jpg

Aaron Andrews, the TCW World Heavyweight Champion, is out next for a promo about retaining his title at The War to Settle the Score.

“Wolf complains that the odds were stacked against him, but how about me as the World champion? The odds were stacked against me, I had to survive not one but two opponents to walk out of Manhattan with my title in check… and have I complained once? No, because that’s what The Ace does… he defends the title against all comers, any time, any place! Aaron Andrews is that man, and in two weeks, I’m going to do the same against Chris Flynn… just like Wolf Hawkins, just like Doc Hammond, I’m going to mow through another member of The Syndicate because THAT is what The Ace does!”

SEGMENT RATING: 81

<hr>

4S7WrE0.jpgWC6SOYO.jpg

FREDDY HUGGINS

VERSUS

DOC HAMMOND

A standard TV main event for TCW, cementing Freddy Huggins in his new face role as he bests Doc Hammond with a Huggins Kiss after a solid match.

WINNER: Freddy Huggins (16:10)

MATCH RATING: 74