Your Top Tens of 2020

Jaysin

Ended up doing this on Facebook, but thought it'd be fun and interesting to see every one else's picks. Feel free to suggest other top ten subjects!

Top Ten Male Singles Wrestlers:

Cody Rhodes

"Hangman" Adam Page

Ricky Starks

Santos Escobar

Wardlow

Tetsyua Naito

Orange Cassidy

Chris Jericho

Sammy Guevara

Eddie Kingston

Top Ten Women's Singles Wrestlers:

Thunder Rosa

Ivelisse

Serena Deeb

Anna Jay

Deonna Purrazzo

Tay Conti

Io Shirai

Penelope Ford

Shotzi Blackheart

Asuka

Top Ten Men's Tag Teams:

Santana & Ortiz

Lucha Bros

The Butcher & The Blade

The North

FTR

The Dark Order(John Silver & Alex Reynolds)

Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan

Imperium(Fabian Aichner & Marcel Barthel)

The Dark Order(Evil Uno & Stu Grayson)

The Hybrid 2(Jack Evans & Angelico)

Top Ten Women's Tag Teams:

Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross

Tay Conti & Anna Jay

The Riott Squad(Ruby Riott & Liv Morgan)

The Kabuki Warriors(Asuka & Kairi Sane)

Ivelisse & Diamante

Dakota Kai & Raquel Gonzalez

Kacy Catanzaro & Kayden Carter

Havok & Neveah

Deonna Purrazzo & Kimber Lee

Rosemary & Taya Valkyrie

No shout to Sasha Banks on the top 10 women? The tops read like an AEW watcher but I feel like any wrestling fan would recognize the work Sasha put in this year. Still, solid lists. I'll try to formulate my own tomorrow, though I haven't really been a regular watcher anymore, I just catch NXT and Dynamite when I can, keep my tradition of watching the Big 4 + Money in the Bank and try my best to watch the other PPVs.

No shout to Sasha Banks on the top 10 women? The tops read like an AEW watcher but I feel like any wrestling fan would recognize the work Sasha put in this year. Still, solid lists. I'll try to formulate my own tomorrow, though I haven't really been a regular watcher anymore, I just catch NXT and Dynamite when I can, keep my tradition of watching the Big 4 + Money in the Bank and try my best to watch the other PPVs.

Haven't enjoyed a Sasha Banks match in a few years. Other than Charlotte, Sasha might be the most overrated women's wrestler around.

• 2 weeks later...

You make a top 10 women's tag team list, and you don't even include Banks & Bayley? Not that good as a tag team even, sure, but come on... Many reasons to like a tag team, but your choices have me puzzled. Overrated? Sure, but public perception shouldnt factor in lists.

To each his own, but your list reads like a WWE hater's. At least you acknowledged Escobar. :p

You make a top 10 women's tag team list, and you don't even include Banks & Bayley? Not that good as a tag team even, sure, but come on... Many reasons to like a tag team, but your choices have me puzzled. Overrated? Sure, but public perception shouldnt factor in lists.

To each his own, but your list reads like a WWE hater's. At least you acknowledged Escobar. :p

The Bayley/Banks storyline was annoying. Bayley and Banks do not entertain me and haven't in at least a year or two.

Fair enough. Depends on how you approach the list thing. Looking at their career as a whole, this year sure as hell wasn't a highlight unless you kick on titles. They won them all but it meant nothing.

It just feels weird you include random tag teams. But women's tag is a joke anyway. Outside of TBP, there's not a single iconic tag team, so that's pretty sad. The Iiconics come close though. Kairi & Asuka could've been something nice but the gimmick and booking ruined it all.

I only really watched NXT and for what its worth the Garganos get best stable and I liked Dakota's work, both single and tag. For the men I'll pick Thatcher but as usual talent level is really good.

I liked practically every minute of his non-ring work. I can't recall any matches, but it's pro wrestling man. Come on... Who remembers the matches? :p

As for other top10 lists, here's a gaming one. Note that not all will be "2020" games, just ones I played this year. The days of running to the store to get your copy asap are over. Now I tend to wait almost a year before buying/playing.

- Crusader Kings III: Somehow I like the simplicity. Sure, all the CK2 DLC isn't already converted, but much of it is.

- Mortal Kombat 11: The atosphere is just terrific. I get bored of it soon enough, but it's worth mentioning.

- Resident Evil 3: It was a nice, though short, experience. Never played the original.

So far AC: Valhalla is shaping up to be a good experience. No superlatives here as I've still had some problems (even waiting for 2 months after release is not a good idea). But too few playtime to judge.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider I already played last year, as it was released then. From the top 100 (!) games on metacritic from this year, I only played one not in my list: Streets of Rage 4. It was ok, but not something I'd endorse.

Not including TEW because that's a no-brainer for everybody here. :rolleyes:

Due to covid taking my employment, I ended up selling all my consoles so TEW2020 was sadly the only 2020 game I actually got to play.

I made a top fifteen list of my favorite albums of the year. Pretty varied selection.

1 Kid Cudi - Man on the Moon III: The Chosen (Hip hop/psychedelia)

2 Lydia Loveless - Daughter (Country)

3 Static-X - Project Regeneration Volume One (Industrial/Nu metal)

4 Marilyn Manson - We Are Chaos (Industrial/Glam/Alternative)

5 Brian Fallon - Local Honey (Alternative/Folk rock)

6 Butch Walker - American Love Story (Alternative/Rock)

7 The Birthday Massacre - Diamonds (Goth rock/Industrial)

8 Ozzy Osbourne - Ordinary Man (Heavy metal/Hard rock)

9 Mushroomhead - A Wonderful Life (Nu metal/Industrial)

10 Powerman 5000 - The Noble Rot (Electro rock)

11 Scandroid - The Darkness and the Light (Synthwave/electro)

12 Trivium - What The Dead Men Say (Heavy metal/Thrash)

13 Paradise Lost - Obsidian (Gothic metal/Doom)

14 Lamb of God - Lamb of God (Groove metal/Thrash)

15 Mr Bungle - The Raging Wrath of the Easter Bunny Demo (Thrash/Hardcore punk)

These are not in any particular order;

Top Ten Male Singles Wrestlers:

Tetsyua Naito

MJF

Ricky Starks

Santos Escobar

Eddie Kingston

Psycho Clown

Preston Vance

Jey Uso

Fenix

Drew McIntyre