Nwa:wargames

World Championship Wrestling

January Week 1,1985

Host: Gordon Solie

Gordon Solie Interviews “American Dream” Dusty Rhodes

Gordon Solie: Fans, welcome to another exciting addition of World Championship Wrestling, I am your host Gordon Solie. An with me to the start the show is non other than The American Dream Dusty Rhodes.

Dusty Rhodes: Everyone saw what happened at Starrcade. I was robbed at my chance of a million dollars and the prestigious title in the world, NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Smokin’ Joe Frazier I got a bone to pick with you. I want…. (Chief Wahoo McDaniel walks out from the back and on to the stage.)

Chief Wahoo McDaniel: Seeing that you lost at Starrcade. Seeing that I am the number one contender for the NWA World Title. Because I hold the NWA United States title, you go to the back of the line.

Dusty Rhodes: You going to make me?

Chief Wahoo McDaniel: Yes, how about at the Lords of the Ring?

Dusty Rhodes: At Lords of the Ring I am going to become the new United States Champion, you can take that to the bank.

Gordon Solie: Fans you heard it first at the Lords of the Ring the American Dream Dusty Rhodes will be challenging NWA United States Champion Wahoo McDaniel for his title.

NWA Television Title Match:

Brian Blair vs Tully Blanchard©

In a decent match, Tully Blanchard defeated Brian Blair in 8:01 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock. Tully Blanchard makes defence number nine of the NWA Television.

Magnum TA Interview:

Magnum talks about he still wants a shot at United States Champion Wahoo McDaniel, but if can’t have that match at Lords of the Ring. Then he wants a shot at NWA Television Champion Tully Blanchard title.

NWA National Heavyweight Tile Match:

Rick Rude w/ Percy Pringle vs Ron Garvin©

In a decent match, Rick Rude defeated Ron Garvin in 9:53 by pinfall with a Rude Awakening after Percy Pringle interfered. Rick Rude wins the NWA National Heavyweight.

Post Match: (Ron Garvin grabs a microphone)

Ron Garvin: RUDE!! PRINGLE!!! Get back out here because I am going to beat you both from pillar to post. You stole this match, but I guarantee at the Lords of the Ring. I am going to take my title back and pound of both of your flesh.

Magnum TA vs Hercules w/ Sir Oliver Humperdink

In a decent match, Magnum T.A. defeated Hercules Hernandez in 12:22 by pinfall with a Belly to Belly Suplex.

The Fabulous Freebirds Interview:

Michael Hayes stars speaking and saying how great it is to be back in South Carolina, that the Russians need to watch their back because at the Lords of the Ring the Freebirds are coming for the NWA World Six Man Tag Team titles.

American Starship vs Road Warriors w/ Paul Ellering

In an extremely short match, The Road Warriors defeated American Starship in 5:14 when Road Warrior Animal pinned Starship Coyote with a Doomsday Device.

“Nature Boy” Ric Flair Interview:

Ric Flair: It's great to be the Champ WOO!WOO! Tonight Dory Funk Junior your going to walk down the aisle to face me. To be the man, you got to beat the man. I am the man, and jack their no chance your going to beat me tonight.

NWA World Championship Title Match:

Dory Funk Jr. vs Ric Flair ©

In a superb match, Ric Flair defeated Dory Funk Jr. in 19:45 by disqualification. During the match we also saw Arn Anderson run in and attack Dory, and Ole Anderson also attack Dory. Ric Flair makes defence number eleven of the NWA World Heavyweight.

The Minnesota Wrecking Crew Attack!!

After the match the Andersons and Tully Blanchard hit the ring attacking Dory Funk Jr. beating him to the mat. Terry Funk comes down to the ring and swings a chair at his brother’s four attackers. Getting them jump out of the ring and down the aisle.

NWA World Tag Team Title Match:

The Minnesota Wrecking Crew vs Dusty Rhodes and Manny Fernandez©

In a decent match, The Minnesota Wrecking Crew defeated Rhodes & Fernandez in 17:58 when Ole Anderson pinned Manny Fernandez with a Diving Knee Drop. The Minnesota Wrecking Crew win the NWA World Tag Team.

Post Match: The Andersons don’t even bother celebrating their win, they grab some chairs and begin bashing a downed Manny Fernandez. Dusty comes back into the ring and tries to help a down Fernandez when Flair and Blanchard attack him from behind. The Funk Brothers hit the ring with chairs and they clean house. Sending the four assailants out of the ring and down the aisle. The Andersons grab their newly won belts and hold them up high, taunting the four men in the ring.

From the desk of NWA President John Hawkes:

Were losing the ratings battle, though considering the WWF decided to run a show in the Mid-Atlantic region the night we ran ours, shows me their scared. I have news that Cablevision wants to talk to us. Especially after hearing us running Lords of the Ring at the end of the month. That could work in our favor though I am doubting it.

Gordon Solie and Arn Anderson signed exclusive contracts to us. I believe Gordon can be the voice of this company for years to come. Though there is a guy working in Mid-South I might bring in to work with him. Arn I believe with be asset to this company for a very long time. Ron Garvin is furious I remove the title off him and gave it to Rude. I see lot potential in Rick Rude and see big things for him in the future.

Franchise Players

1) Ric Flair- He is our number one Star. He is the National Wrestling Alliance World Champion and besides the guys in the WWF very few can compete with him.

2) Dusty Rhodes- Dusty is over and he is a Major Star for the company. The plan is to keep Flair and Rhodes apart for the moment. Though a future clash of the World title is definitely in the cards for these two.

3)Terry Funk- Terry will tell you going National is the only the way to compete. Luckily him and Dory are staying with us to help us compete against the monster that is the WWF.

4) Michael Hayes- Some may be shocked to see Hayes here, but I am not really. Hayes and Gordy has popped every territory they have been in since Mid-South.

5) Terry Gordy- Two -Thirds of the Freebirds are on the Franchise Player list. Because wherever they go they get over huge. Signing Michael and Terry to long-term deals I think would be ideal for the company.

6) Wahoo McDaniel- Wahoo might be on the decline, but that doesn't mean he is useless. His star power and presence can help make future stars for our company.

Next Big Things

1) Magnum TA- Magnum may very well be the future of this company and putting him in the ring with Tully Blanchard is only going to help.

2) Rick Rude- Rude can be a Major Star for our company if I can push him to the top. This company will be the better for it.

3) Tommy Rich- An man with the career that Tommy Rich has had he should already be one of our top stars. Though with the stuff that happened down in Georgia his star faded. For him to be on this list I think we can rekindle that fire.

The 83-89 era is one of my favorite times in wrestling. Look forward to this. Are you using a recent 85 mod as I haven’t seen it come out?

Thanks. I am using heavy modified 1985 version that I did myself. I combined Crockett, Florida, and Georgia together. WWF is at medium and literally is a monster. They have 3 TV shows right now, all on USA network. Plus a roster that is freaking amazing. Greg Valentine & Roddy Piper vs Junkyard Dog & Hulk Hogan ended in DQ. It got 100 match rating. I only got a 82 for my main event of Dory Funk Jr vs Ric Flair.