[Hype] 1989 - Ready to Rumble

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Snakebite180" data-cite="Snakebite180" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52566" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Your churning these mods out at a fast rate! My concern is that when you post these incomplete mods, it puts other people off making a mod for that year as they think 'oh Gaz has made that mod'.... within a few months you'll be the only mod maker on the forum with all them lovely rounded stats.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It is your choice if you want to play with "those lovely rounded stats."</p><p> </p><p> No mod maker is entitled to lock down a year or time period either.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Snakebite180" data-cite="Snakebite180" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52566" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Your churning these mods out at a fast rate! My concern is that when you post these incomplete mods, it puts other people off making a mod for that year as they think 'oh Gaz has made that mod'.... within a few months you'll be the only mod maker on the forum with all them lovely rounded stats.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hey!</p><p> </p><p> If anyone is going to be putting out bad mods with bad rounded stats it's gonna be me, and I'll fight off any challengers!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lonestarDC" data-cite="lonestarDC" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52566" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am so excited for this. I am currently playing a 1990 mod but it is right at the end of my wheelhouse and 1989 is right up my alley. Please let me know if there is any way to help with this and to get the ball rolling!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Which mod? So been needing 1990!!! And Gaz, Im so hyped for this I almost cannot type!!!!</p>

i've fond memories of this era as I was a kid and it was the first time I see wrestling in Spain. Thank you for all the mods you are churning on, and I really have high expectations on my 89 WWF game!

PD (This tag team division is glorious)

How popular was wrestling in Europe in the late 80s?

How popular was wrestling in Europe in the late 80s?

Mmm hard to say and even harder to model in the game. In my school, it was very popular, but it is not representative..:D:D:D.

In Spain from 90-94 it has a afternoon slot in a big free channel (Italy, Germany, Portugal I believe). In the 91 the WWF packed 19.000 in Barcelona and in 1993 a house show tour in Europe get crowds from 5.000-10.000.

The best way to simulate IMHO is zero popularity over Europe for all the companies but a contract WWF-Telecinco ( Afternoon; Medium or Big Coverage), for 4-5 years. It should be hard to renew (something like 40´s or 50´s of pop). It should be possible to renew the contract or let it die (like it happened).

But anyway it should be a secondary front in the game :)

Mmm hard to say and even harder to model in the game. In my school, it was very popular, but it is not representative..:D:D:D.

In Spain from 90-94 it has a afternoon slot in a big free channel (Italy, Germany, Portugal I believe). In the 91 the WWF packed 19.000 in Barcelona and in 1993 a house show tour in Europe get crowds from 5.000-10.000.

The best way to simulate IMHO is zero popularity over Europe for all the companies but a contract WWF-Telecinco ( Afternoon; Medium or Big Coverage), for 4-5 years. It should be hard to renew (something like 40´s or 50´s of pop). It should be possible to renew the contract or let it die (like it happened).

But anyway it should be a secondary front in the game :)

Thanks bud, that is very helpful :)

That AJW ranking seems waaaay too low. Chigusa was probably the most popular wrestler in Japan. The ratings for their shows were unreal.

They sold out Korakuen Hall constantly and drew 12,500 for a show in May when Chigusa retired.

The wrestling quality is unreal too, which I can't tell if you rated high until I see the mod.

That AJW ranking seems waaaay too low. Chigusa was probably the most popular wrestler in Japan. The ratings for their shows were unreal.

They sold out Korakuen Hall constantly and drew 12,500 for a show in May when Chigusa retired.

The wrestling quality is unreal too, which I can't tell if you rated high until I see the mod.

Sorry I should have said, iv only done the contracts so far, I still need to do the skills and popularity among other things, there's still a massive amount of work to be done be this is playable.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gazwefc83" data-cite="gazwefc83" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52566" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sorry I should have said, iv only done the contracts so far, I still need to do the skills and popularity among other things, there's still a massive amount of work to be done be this is playable.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Okay, cool!</p><p> </p><p> Sorry, I am just sooo used to mod makers down playing women and lucha that it didn't seem out of the realm of possibility someone would make AJPW double the size of AJW in terms of popularity, even if it's wrong.</p>

Okay, cool!

Sorry, I am just sooo used to mod makers down playing women and lucha that it didn't seem out of the realm of possibility someone would make AJPW double the size of AJW in terms of popularity, even if it's wrong.

No probs bud, Not sure how im going to scale popularity yet, I'm thinking of going by the attendance of the previous shows and try and come up with a forumla, open to suggestions.

No probs bud, Not sure how im going to scale popularity yet, I'm thinking of going by the attendance of the previous shows and try and come up with a forumla, open to suggestions.

Yeah it's one of the most difficult tasks in a mod. Attendance the year before and year after is a good metric.

Yeah it's one of the most difficult tasks in a mod. Attendance the year before and year after is a good metric.

I think I'm happy now with company popularity, I did some testing to work out what attendance could be drawn in each area based on a popularity value and scaled each company from there. It's its not going to give perfect attendances but at least I know know, everything is balanced.

Just got to complete the rosters now for the remaining companies, work on worker skills and popularity, add title lineages and worker attributes, add events and I might be close to a playable mod :D

I think I'm happy now with company popularity, I did some testing to work out what attendance could be drawn in each area based on a popularity value and scaled each company from there. It's its not going to give perfect attendances but at least I know know, everything is balanced.

Just got to complete the rosters now for the remaining companies, work on worker skills and popularity, add title lineages and worker attributes, add events and I might be close to a playable mod :D

My Evolution mod took me like 8 months from start to finish, so I hear you!