Thought Experiment/Game Proposal: TEW as a TV show simulator

Just to get it out of the way up front, while I'm a fan of professional wrestling, I'm a much bigger fan of scripted dramas, thrillers, action shows, etc, and I've been looking for a game where I could simulate running a TV show.

So, here's my proposal: Run a promotion that's extremely weekly TV focused, with events being used only for the premiere/season finale of a show.

The product would have to be something that has a low on match to angle ratio (I mean, there can be action in the show, but it's supposed to be a scripted TV show), and all the matches would be cinematic style matches (I mean, it's a TV show after all). All the main talent (your main characters for the show) would need to have high acting ratings, since all the angles would be based on that, and it would make use of a lot of workers in one-off (for example, victim of the week in a crime procedural) or short contract (guest star in the series).

Every time there's a new A-show, it would be run as a completely different TV series, with its own series premiere and finale, and the talent involved in different shows would pretty much never cross between shows unless the shows are in a shared universe (like NCIS/NCIS Los Angeles/Hawaii Five-0/Magnum PI); basically, the introduction of a additional shows would require a hard brand split.

Right now, the product I'm looking at is Performance Art, because it has a 40-60 match/angle ratio and low wear-and-tear, with fans who are up for basically anything, but I'm trying to find a product that as a better work/popularity ratio (Performance Art is 20/80); the other ones are Skit Based (for a sitcom) since it's a 25/75 match/angle ratio and also a low wear-and-tear style, and Telenovela (for similar reasons).

Thoughts on this idea?

Revolution Australia Wrestling is pretty much this.

Im always a substance over talk kinda guy so personally not a fan of your idea.

Good luck with it anyway :)

I still remember watching the WWE back in the naughties and raging a bit as 30 mins of a 2 hr wrestling show had been Vinnie Mac and his cronnies on the microphone as an opening segment.

I swear the ministry of Darkness once went 40 mins of blah blah blah with no wrestling.

You missed one product. Scripted Reality. It's like Telenovela but the wrestling/overness ratio is 30:70 instead of 20:80, the match/angle ratio is 25:75 instead of 30:70, and gimmicks are not mandatory. That might be the product you want to use instead of the others.

Good catch. That might be the one for me.

Also keep in mind you can miss the match/angle ratio by 15% either way without being penalized. So on a 25/75 product you can go as low as 10% matches without penalty.

So, that's like, a 6 minutes of action in a 60 minute episode (or 5 if you go with 55 minutes so they can do 5 minutes of adverts)? That could really make things easy.

Battles Of Hell are like this in my alternative CornellVerse mod

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=549917

There's a more detailed write up about them/screenshots on the 9th post on the thread too

That reads amazing. I was thinking more along the lines of doing a police procedural with two main stars, several supporting characters and then just use mostly one-shot appearances for criminals and victims, like the TV show Banshee but more procedural and less drama.

Keep in mind that the company in alternate cornellverse spend an astronomic amount of money in their production to make the quality great (as it impact cinematic rating) so, its hard financially to keep it going. They are on the edge of bankrupt in my game.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HaikenEdge" data-cite="HaikenEdge" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="53064" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So, that's like, a 6 minutes of action in a 60 minute episode (or 5 if you go with 55 minutes so they can do 5 minutes of adverts)? That could really make things easy.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yep that's right. Could easily headcanon a 6 minute fight scene or gunfight scene or chase scene in a cop show.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="francis86" data-cite="francis86" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="53064" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Keep in mind that the company in alternate cornellverse spend an astronomic amount of money in their production to make the quality great (as it impact cinematic rating) so, its hard financially to keep it going. They are on the edge of bankrupt in my game.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would get around this by maybe giving them a huge subscription based broadcaster to simulate something like Netflix or HBO go or one of the many streaming services are out there now. Make it huge worldwide as realistically a popular show like that is going to get way more viewers than any wrestling promotion.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShaunGBD" data-cite="ShaunGBD" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="53064" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I wanted to do like a documentary style but you got to have one wrestling match I wish Adam would you get rid of that</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Or at least add Products to the list of databases you could edit and add to.</p>