Hype: January 1990-Colossal Titans

January 1990-Colossal Titans

Questions:

Will this take away from the 2000 mod or follow-ups to that mod?

It will not, my main focus in TEW 2020 is the 2000 mod and updating it over the life cycle of the game as well as the spinoff mods of 1999 and August 2000 from it, but I plan to put those on the backburner since this mod is from scratch and will take a lot more time than those, plus I have seen there is 1 999 mod being worked on and would rather that get released first.

Will you be using assets from the 2000 mod?

For the most part I will be, I will be changing a lot more for this mod though, so workers like Hogan will be edited from their 2000 mod versions into what they are in 1990.

Why post it now?

Wanted people to be aware of it down the line, it will take a lot of time to do, but 2000 is shaping up nicely for me so far and I am looking at having more free time, so why not spend it on this mod.

What will the graphics look like?

I will be using the nGo picture pack conversation that gaz made, it looks really neat and I would like to make a mod compatible with it. I will also be making some graphics of my own for it and making this mod use the organic biography for this.

Why the organic biography?

I am too lazy to do the typed up biographies for another mod/the organic biographies I feel are more useful for longterm play, say if you get to 1993 in this mod, but the biography of Hogan is still like 1990 even if you turned him heel or he never went Hollywood.

Any release date?

Not even a clue, I can say that I will as it gets there, provide screenshots of things from first starting the game, but nothing concrete now. The first priority will be getting the 2000 mod to that 3rd release stage which right now looks like a end of summer/middle of fall type of deal.

Why 1990?

I've gotten on a bit of a binge watching it and 1989 felt too old for me and 1991 has already been made so I met in the middle. I also watched The Great Muta Vs. Sting fairly recently, so that helped me even more grow a love for doing this. That and I find the Hogan Vs. Warrior dynamic intriguing enough to create an entire mod for a wrestling booking game around it. I think it will be a fun ride, you got a babyface Four Horsemen, some dude named Mark Callous and I'd say the year post one of the best in ring years from WCW. I also really wanted to create a old-school mod and I feel 2000 is so close to being modern that it sort of defeats that old-school feel, since 2000 is relatively more modern.

A small Preview:

iBEN8O7.png

V5x3JYU.png

• 4 weeks later...

A large preview of what has been done so far, more work to come, but for now this is what I tinkered with as I go full speed ahead on releasing the 2000 mod.

Note that the pictures and stats are not final and a lot of them will be changed as time passes and will more than likely be changed upon release.

AJPW:

JFB4FfX.png

HSAWSZC.png

AJW:

Cb0OdGx.png

AWA:

vB64tT9.png

CNWA:

j2btnFN.png

EMLL:

yqCsNHB.png

O3aSuu4.png

FMW:

QH8ZXdW.png

JWP:

AVm0s8Q.png

LPWA:

lNkIpTo.png

NJPW:

3aXPa4q.png

38lam6l.png

j3pXjOY.png

PNW:

HFp4fny.png

TWA:

TOgXdip.png

USWA:

ELqb9NV.png

UWA:

BLPGAOM.png

Wf8oenv.png

oug0WNY.png

TFdoiuW.png

UWF-R

Rh7vMWN.png

WCW:

20D3gPw.png

Dwmhn9F.png

rP1iD36.png

WWC:

CLdNi0j.png

WWF:

fl7X0Hh.png

Ztx9hPh.png

Yes! A mod with a chance to help the AWA to strive back.

I'll be waiting for it.

It should be pretty nice to try and rebuild them, the roster is just the right balance of old veterans and some really young guys.

It would probably be faster and easier to see if Fleisch would let you use his 92 mod as a starting point instead of a database ten years in the future.

This is definitely true, but I just enjoy the documenting format I use of writing out a promotion, every wrestler that works for them and watching shows from the era/past year with those wrestlers on it to gauge their current ability/popularity and of course their future potential based on how history plays out, plus it gives me a time excuse to fall back on.

Hyped for this one!!!!

Hyped to make i!

I thought when Old returned is when Sting got kicked out? I haven't watched that time frame in ages so I might be remembering wrong.

I want to say maybe? I started this mod out by using WCW/WWF as bases and just re-watched a bunch of 1989-mid 1990 to start, but I could be hazy on it. Ole is given booker role in 1990, at Great American Bash 89, Flair is attacked by Muta after the match with Funk as the two are stable mates then Sting runs out to help, then Sting and Flair fight Funk and Muta at Halloween Havoc 89 and then The Andersons return to help Flair against Gary Hart and Ole is there when they all turn on Sting in 1990? I wanna say that's the sequence of events I remember from the re-watching of it.

I did some reading and Sting got kicked out in February 1990 at Clash of the Champions X when he accepted his world title shot against Flair and the Anderson's wishes so your timeline seems on the money.

*Edit*

Just realized this mod would allow people to book the Black Scorpion angle but do it better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...