WWE 2021 - The Blackfox Era

(cool graphic to come)

"This is
WWE's hard reset
. It has to be. WWE was Vince McMahon. This is an opportunity to capture a bigger audience than it's seen in years, so it makes the statement: goodbye, Vince. Look at all the stuff you remember - wasn't Vince silly? - but
hello to the future
. For all of the new people watching, we are starting from now. This is a new era, and every single televised match from now on will matter. You don't need to have seen anything before this. We will tell you who these characters are.

"Tensions are running so high. The cost of failure is all-consuming rage. You can pit brother against brother, blood feuds can be born out of jealousy and hatred and disappointment and hating yourself and taking it out on someone else, also known as '
professional ****ing wrestling
.'

"We have this new style. We have this
new era
. Clear divisions. New and fresher stars arising out of these grand tournaments. And more cohesive and understandable booking given that hard reset when Vince finally departs."

~Adam Blampied,

Vince McMahon was gone.

After his death in February 2021, WWE Inc. shuffled forward. McMahon's children, Stephanie and Shane, and his son-in-law, Paul "Triple H" Levesque, were announced as the new co-chairs of the company. Ownership was transferred to a private investing firm named Blackfox Industries. It was assumed that this firm was operated by the new co-chairs, although that was never explicitly stated.

Over the next month and a half, dramatic changes were announced for the WWE product. In a statement soon after the company's acquisition, the Blackfox ownership group announced that WrestleMania would be the "end of the McMahon era," and the next night's RAW would begin a hard reboot of the company, vacating all championships and ending all ongoing storylines. The brand split would be ended, and tournaments would be held to crown new champions in five divisions. The private investors had provided a cash boost, used to upgrade the WWE's facilities and prepare for "major restructuring," including a new writing team. RAW would be shortened to two hours to make room for a new reality-based program, WWE Underground, that would follow twelve "unsung heroes" who had been lost in the shuffle of Vince's roster. WWE Main Event was also picked up for another season by Hulu, but nobody cared.

WrestleMania took place on the final weekend of March. It was a tribute to Vince McMahon's legacy. To what he created, to what he loved, to his life and his life's work. There was wrestling, there was spectacle, there was Hornswoggle. In the main event, Vince McMahon's chosen star, Drew McIntyre, defeated Bobby Lashley to become the final WWE Champion of the McMahon era. The show ended with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin speaking from the heart about the greatest rivalry in professional wrestling, and what Vince McMahon meant to him. He held a single can of beer, cracked it open, placed it in the middle of the ring, and flipped it off. The Rock, Hulk Hogan, and a slew of WWE wrestlers, legends, and alumni took to the stage for one final ten-bell salute for the chairman, followed by a standing ovation. It was the perfect ending to a perfect night.

Vince McMahon was gone.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWE 2021: The Blackfox Era
From the mind of Benny Blackfox

Inspired by "
" by Adam Blampied

ABOUT THIS SERIES:

This is an
alternate history
booking. Our divergence point is the death of Vincent Kennedy McMahon in February of 2021. The story proper begins on the first day of April, 2021.

I am a writer. I like long-term storylines. This is going to be booked more like a TV show than a fighting promotion. I prefer watching the more wrestling-heavy shows with intense action, but I'm a dramatic at heart, and I'm excited for the opportunity to build a world of interweaving characters, alliances, rivalries, and friendships in and out of the ring. I hope you like it.

This series was inspired by Adam Blampied's "How Adam Would Book" series on YouTube, formerly for WhatCulture Wrestling and currently for PartsFunKnown. His videos got me into the idea of fantasy booking, which led me to this game. I am taking his concept for a hard reboot of the WWE from
, and his idea for WWE Underground from
. I'm not going to be retelling his story, I have my own stories to tell, but those two ideas are what gave me the pieces I needed to create my WWE universe, and it wouldn't be right of me to start this series without acknowledging him.

I'm going to be using all generic venues and fictionalizing the tour schedule and attendances. The schedule will be loosely working backwards from the pre-pandemic WWE schedule. Speaking of pandemic -- in our universe, the 2021 Royal Rumble was the first show back with fans, and WWE resumed a full tour shortly thereafter. It's fantasy, let's pretend things are normal, why not?

Also, I should admit this off the top. I suffer from ADHD and short-term memory loss. Sometimes I book things very wrongly because of it. I often save and reset my cards until they're just they way I want them to be. I don't make major changes, but I may move things around and fix obvious errors. But I'm not nearly as focused on getting over in TEW as I am focused on getting over with you. I just figured that someone might be horrified to learn that I am "cheating" in this way, so I want to get rid of such sensitive people now.

GOALS:

Create new stars.
This is the single biggest issue WWE is facing in real life, and the RWC mod does not provide any charitable donations in that regard. Our one Major Star is currently out filming Fast And Furious 9, and most of the Well Known and above crowd consists of people who have been in that position for several years. The roster is old, but far worse than that, it's stale. A rebuild will be costly, and damaging for a public company, but we're playing with FOX and NBC's money, so this is likely the only chance we're going to get to completely overhaul the roster. We have to err on the side of aggression and take the bumps we have to take, hoping that the fans will follow us on the journey.

Build new divisions.
As much as WWE makes nods to other parts of the card when it's convenient, it's clear day by day that the men's heavyweight scene is the first, second, and third priority. We're going to create five vibrant, diverse, and prestigious divisions: Men's Main Event, Men's Midcard, Women's, Cruiserweight, and Men's Tag Team. The Women's Tag Team division has been discontinued due to a lack of consistent partnerships; the Blackfox group will monitor NXT's success and determine if there's enough talent to make it viable again.

Break hearts.
In this business, you have to be ruthless. You have to have a vision of what you want and you have to destroy everyone in the way. Not everyone can get over. Some of your favorite wrestlers and cherished heroes are going to have Bad Times in the Blackfox Era. Some shocking cuts are going to be made. Blood will hit the ground. Get ready for it.

Dominate the world.
We are a Medium company that doesn't deserve even that much credit. Ratings have been plummeting and we're getting swallowed up by AEW. The time for complacency is over. We are going to turn the ratings momentum back in our favor and we are going to expand aggressively. WWE will be the vulnerable old-timers no longer.

Have fun.
That's what we're all here for. When wrestling isn't fun, wrestling dies. We're gonna make you proud to have wrestling be a part of your life for four hours a week.

RULES:

Fresh eyes.
The major restructuring of WWE has opened the company back up to the mainstream, and our talent has one chance to make a good first impression. All on-screen performers must undergo an in-game gimmick change to simulate this. It can be identical to their previous gimmick, but it must be set at the maximum values of uniqueness and creativity. The player character is set to have 10 points in creativity, which will help a lot, but it can't guarantee anything. A bad gimmick will be seriously damaging.

The forbidden door.
All written contracts from other companies will, for my purposes, be considered exclusive. I will not be permitted to negotiate until the final month, or until a different company makes an exclusive written offer first.

A good, clean fight.
I have a zero-tolerance policy for scandals. One strike and you're out. This is why you won't see Matt Riddle, Austin Theory, and others like them in this series. I'm not here to discuss the movement or the allegations, I just don't feel comfortable booking people who are in that situation. I hope you understand.

Kill the business.
Every child company WWE controls must have its own Performance Center. Every Performance Center must have 100% training and 100% facilities. We are going to rule the industry with an iron fist. Conform to the WWE style or pay the price.

The settings.
I don't have all of the gamey stuff turned on. I have face/heel set to loose, because I personally believe that's more realistic. My first favorite wrestler was The Miz, then CM Punk and his Straight Edge Society, and then I was a Nexus mark. Bad guys are fun, and they sell t-shirts too. I have things like crowd management and burnout turned off because they're more restrictive than they are fun in my opinion, especially for what I plan on doing here. But a lot of the roleplaying stuff like morale and momentum will stay on to keep me in check. Natural growth limits are weak to simulate the surge of new fans who will be giving the new-look WWE a chance.

MAIN ROSTER
as of Week 1, April, 2021

Major Stars

-none-

Stars

MEN:
Braun Strowman | Daniel Bryan | Drew McIntyre | Edge | Rey Mysterio | Seth Rollins

WOMEN:
-none-

Well Known

MEN:
AJ Styles | Aleister Black | Big E | Bobby Lashley | Cesaro | Elias | Finn Bálor | Jeff Hardy | Jey Uso | Jimmy Uso | John Morrison | Keith Lee | Kevin Owens | King Corbin | Kofi Kingston | Sami Zayn | Samoa Joe | Sheamus | Shinsuke Nakamura | The Miz | Xavier Woods

WOMEN:
Asuka | Bayley | Sasha Banks

Recognizable

MEN:
Angel Garza | Angelo Dawkins | Apollo Crews | Bobby Fish | Cedric Alexander | Damian Priest | Dolph Ziggler | Dominik Dijakovic | Dominik Mysterio | Drew Gulak | Erik | Ivar | Kalisto | Kyle O'Reilly | Montez Ford | Murphy | Mustafa Ali | Ricochet | Robert Roode | Roderick Strong | R-Truth | Shelton Benjamin | Titus O'Neil

WOMEN:
Bianca Belair | Billie Kay | Carmella | Lana | Liv Morgan | Mandy Rose | Mickie James | Naomi | Natalya | Nia Jax | Nikki Cross | Rhea Ripley | Ruby Riott | Shayna Baszler | Sonya Deville | Tamina

Unimportant

MEN:
Gran Metalik | Humberto Carrillo | Lince Dorado | Noam Dar

WOMEN:
Dana Brooke | Mia Yim | Peyton Royce

Underground

Akira Tozawa | Bo Dallas | Cedric Alexander | Chad Gable | Dio Maddin | Jinder Mahal | Mojo Rawley | Otis Dozovic | Riddick Moss | Shane Thorne | Tucker Knight | Wesley Blake

Inactive

Alexa Bliss (unknown) | Becky Lynch (maternity leave) | Bray Wyatt (unknown) | John Cena (filming) | Kane (hiatus) | Lacey Evans (maternity leave)

On-Air Personalities

Adam Pearce | Booker T | Corey Graves | Mauro Ranallo | Michael Cole | Paul Heyman | Shane McMahon | Stephanie McMahon | Tom Phillips | Triple H

Viewer Poll

(stolen with permission from The Lloyd)

ROCKET:
Who do you want to see pushed to the moon?

SHOVEL:
Who do you want to see buried and cut?

RUN:
Who should get the WWE Championship?

TEAM:
What tag team should get together in the Blackfox Era? What alliances do you want to see form?

CALL-UP:
Who do you want to see called up to the main roster? (NXT's roster won't be revealed now, it will be confirmed in bits and pieces by news updates. But it's safe to assume that most of your favorites are still chillin'. Not all. But most.)

ROCKET: Braun Strowman, Aleister Black, Finn Balor, Kevin Owens, The Miz, Ricochet, Robert Roode (back to NXT days), Bray Wyatt, Adam Cole, Johnny Gargano

SHOVEL: Bobby Lashley, John Morrison, Shelton Benjamin, Riddick Moss, Tucker Knight

RUN: All from my ROCKET section heh

TEAM: Undisputed Era should've never broken up, should be brought to main roster. Some type of Bullet Club (not named Balor club)...

CALL-UP: Undisputed Era

Good luck with this project! Seems like you have spent some serious time to figure out the direction.

ROCKET: John Morrison. Mostly to cancel out JaCeLo3's shovel :D JoMo is amazing and deserves better than be the sidekick of The Miz imo.

SHOVEL: Triple H. Not in the sense of making him lose in matches, but keeping him away from the spotlight. He's not Vince's successor in your set up, so I guess that wouldn't be hard.

RUN: Aleister Black. Not sure in his drawing ability, but he has a distinct style and look, which I think will fit the new era. Might as well try smth different.

TEAM: Ricochet and Isaiah "Swerve" Scott. Two amazing athletes who have a similar background, loads of talent, and years ahead of them. Plus "Swerve & Ricochet" doesn't sound all that bad...

CALL-UP: Swerve and Karrion Kross. IRL I wouldn't touch Kross yet, but here he can be catapulted straight to the top.

Some type of Bullet Club (not named Balor club)...

Are you talking about a large villainous faction generally, or something specifically involving Finn/AJ/etc?

Good luck with this project! Seems like you have spent some serious time to figure out the direction.

Thank you! There was a lot of drafting and backspacing and files in the Recycle Bin before we got here, but we got here.

Are you talking about a large villainous faction generally, or something specifically involving Finn/AJ/etc?

Well, you know, now that you mention it you almost half-way have it (villainous group) with Undisputed Era if you bring them to the main roster, but then that's also on one show too, so maybe another?

Also, I forgot about Kross too, I'd be pushing him. Great character and menace.

Rocket:Bray Wyatt, Chad Gable, Cesaro, Shotzi

Shovel: Drew, Orton, Sheamus

Run: I’d love to see Bray get an actual Title run. Whether thAt be a new Wyatt family or Fiend run. Same for Cesaro, I’d love to see him get a run where he outwrestles his opponents and has a dominant technical run. (Think Angle’s Gold medal challenge period)

Tag-Team: Gable and Gulak. High technical team, that could almost flank Cesaro as a stable who claim to be the best wrestlers on the planet

Call-up: Shotzi and Ciampa. I would second the U Era as well

Shovel: Drew, Orton, Sheamus

I’m very interested in why you chose these three, given that they’re all brand names relative to most of the roster. Why them in particular?

Also, I do have to disappoint you guys and tell you that ERA was broken up at Stand And Deliver in this story too. Fish and O’Reilly will carry the name to the main roster. Strong is up as a member of the new Cruiserweight division, so you will see plenty of him, while Adam Cole still has unfinished business to take care of in NXT. I don’t anticipate him being there forever, though...

ROCKET: Who do you want to see pushed to the moon?

If the idea is that the new regime is moving on past Vince McMahon's ownership and micromanagement, the emphasis should switch from current wrestlers treated as Stars towards other wrestlers that have been shortchanged. With that in mind, I'm going with the talents I have always viewed as underrated and undervalued. Cesaro, Kevin Owens, Cedric Alexander, Murphy, Chad Gable. With your Women's Division, Rhea Ripley should be mega pushed as she's young and very talented.

SHOVEL: Who do you want to see buried and cut?

If the vision is about moving on past Vince then certain talents have to be buried in order to properly end the McMahon era. You can't push McIntyre and Lashley too hard because then the product will just resemble the pre-Vince one. With that in mind, I'm going with wrestlers that have been viewed as Vince's guys, talents that got pushed because they were liked and not necessarily because they were the most talented or the hottest commodities. Randy Orton, Sheamus, Braun Strowman, Seth Rollins, The Miz. I know they are big parts of the company but you should be able to use their popularity to put your new talent over. With regards the women. Charlotte brings nothing IMO and should be de-pushed strongly.

RUN: Who should get the WWE Championship?

Daniel Bryan or AJ Styles. In a post-Vince WWE, it would only be right if the indy darlings that have become crossover stars with the "casuals" were given the belt, at least until you ascend new talent that are Stars at the top of the card.

TEAM: What tag team should get together in the Blackfox Era? What alliances do you want to see form?

I'll pass on this one.

CALL-UP: Who do you want to see called up to the main roster? (NXT's roster won't be revealed now, it will be confirmed in bits and pieces by news updates. But it's safe to assume that most of your favorites are still chillin'. Not all. But most.)

There's no reason at all that Toni Storm, Io Shirai, Raquel, Dakota Kai or Mercedes Martinez should be in NXT. You could probably say the same for Zoey Stark too.

With regards the men, they're all way too old to have a long term future. I don't care about Ciampa, Gargano or Kross, they can be shown the door for my money. But I think there's something there with Bronson Reid and I'm a mark for KUSHIDA too. I think Drake Maverick deserves to be main roster and Pete Dunne should have been called up at least two years ago.

I love how there have been four answers to the poll and they’ve all been completely different. There are so many ways to look at WWE’s roster right now, and so many different directions it could go. That’s the upside to having such talent buried deep under the established names. The downside, of course, is that digging them up is rather difficult and costly, but we’re playing with house money (thank you FOX and NBC) so this is the time to do it. I think everyone can agree that there needs to be a lot of roster turnover in the near future, but the big question is, how do we effectively utilize the talent we have now in order to build up the stars of the future? That’s why I wanted to do this series. It’s a huge, huge question, and there are a thousand different ways to answer it. Even exploring just one of them will lead to so many stories and superstars.

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"> </span><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>TOURNAMENT HIGHLIGHTS</strong></span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:18px;">

</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

</div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">The first month doesn't have all that much in the way of story, so I decided that instead of going show by show, I'll give you an overview of all five championship tournaments and the pay-per-view.</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

</div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>FIRST ROUND</strong></span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

</div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">The Blackfox Era starts with a barnburner between AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan, which Bryan wins. Randy Orton beats Rey Mysterio in the main event of the first RAW. Kevin Owens attempts to reconcile with Sami Zayn after their WrestleMania feud, but Sami is reluctant. Roman and Drew get a first round bye for being the final champions of the McMahon Era, but they exchange insults in a sequence of promos. Edge beats Braun Strowman after the Monster Among Men picks up a knee injury.</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Bayley wins her first round matchup and turns her eyes to Bianca Belair, who also has a bye. Charlotte Flair beats Lana in seconds to lock in a second round clash with Rhea Ripley.</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Over in the Cruiserweight division, Mustafa Ali gets a vignette in which he debuts a character based on his former life as a police officer. He dives into the philosophy of being in that position of power. Angel Garza beats Xavier Woods dirty, and Ricochet impresses in a winning effort against Noam Dar.</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

The Intercontinental Tournament kicks off with Big E beating The Miz, Keith Lee beating Sami Zayn in a thriller, and the returning Andrade "Cien" Almas picking up a clean win against Cesaro. Almas and Cesaro shake hands, but it's a ruse to get Cesaro's guard down as Zelina Vega attacks him with her shoe.</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

</div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>SECOND ROUND</strong></span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

</div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">Throughout the second round, Seth begins advertising some kind of political movement, running election-style ads on WWE programming. Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, and Braun Strowman are all asked to Embrace The Vision. None of them accept. Owens beats Seth, Roman beats Finn with the help of the Usos. Drew McIntyre and Daniel Bryan win their matchups against Randy Orton and Edge, respectively.</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

The biggest upset of the second round comes in the women's division, where Mickie James gets a flash pinfall win over the expert's choice, Shayna Baszler. Rhea Ripley beats Charlotte, and Bayley assaults Bianca before the bell to secure that victory.</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Kingston and Woods face Miz and Morrison in the tag division, and after multiple low blows to Woods, Big E hits the ring to attack Morrison, costing his team but saving Woods from unnecessary injury. The debuting Undisputed ERA of Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly beat Dirty Dawgz, and the returning Jimmy Uso teams up with Jey to beat War Raiders.</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Lower down the card, Sheamus beats Big E with help from John Morrison. Andrade "Cien" Almas beats Damian Priest, and Shinsuke Nakamura beats Apollo Crews. In the Cruiserweight division, Santos Escobar makes his main roster debut in a losing effort against Ricochet. Murphy beats Roderick Strong, Mustafa Ali advances by pinning Gulak, and Humberto Carrillo rolls up his cousin Angel Garza. Carrillo and Garza have an intense staredown after the match, but cautiously shake hands.</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

In a non-tournament match, Randy Orton beats Jeff Hardy and gets some heat back. Later that night, Jeff gives an odd promo about how the new era of WWE has so much potential, but he learned from fighting Randy that the old guard won't go away quietly. He says positive things about the tenacity of Orton. Over the next few shows, he'll continue to make odd remarks about the battle of the generations.</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

</div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>THIRD ROUND</strong></span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

</div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">The matches get longer and more intense in this round, with Roman beating Kevin Owens in a grudge match and Drew McIntyre putting Daniel Bryan away with a brutal Claymore. McIntyre helps Bryan to his feet after their match, because he's just a great dude. Roman does not offer Owens the same courtesy. On the women's side, Mickie's Cinderella run is ended by Bayley, and Rhea beats Sasha Banks to earn her place at Backlash.</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Keith Lee is cheated out of the Intercontinental tournament by Andrade and Zelina Vega, and Sheamus ends his run by taking a Kinshasa from Shinsuke Nakamura. Mustafa Ali beats Kalisto and Ricochet beats Murphy to set up the Cruiserweight final. The Usos beat the Undisputed ERA with help from a newly-heel Naomi, and the Street Profits put away The Miz and John Morrison.</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

The final match of the Backlash go-home show is a ten-man tag pitting McIntyre, Owens, Zayn, Bálor, and Bryan against Reigns, Orton, Styles, Edge, and Lashley. After Lashley pins Zayn, the match devolves into a wild brawl. McIntyre and Reigns get their hands on each other for the first time, and both are left worse for wear going to the main event.</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

</div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>WWE BACKLASH: REWIRED</strong></span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><em>Toyota Center, Houston, Texas</em></span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

</div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">The New Day kick off the show by winning a trios match against Sheamus, The Miz, and John Morrison. In exhibition matches, AJ Styles beats Jeff Hardy, and Rey Mysterio gets a win over Dolph Ziggler. The show then transitions to the championship matches. The Street Profits beat The Usos to become the inaugural WWE Tag Team Champions, and Shinsuke Nakamura beats Andrade "Cien" Almas to win the Intercontinental Championship. After the match, Nakamura is attacked by Angel Garza and Humberto Carrillo, seemingly signalling the creation of a new alliance between them and Almas.</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

In another exhibition, Seth Rollins takes out his aggression on Braun Strowman's knee, reinjuring and pinning him in a brutal contest. Bayley fights next and keeps the heat high, but is pinned by Rhea Ripley for the Women's Championship.</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

The Cruiserweight Championship match is frenetic and intense, and it's Ricochet who comes out as the king of the purple division. After calling her out on SmackDown, Charlotte Flair keeps her word and puts away Mickie James. In the main event, Drew McIntyre and Roman Reigns have a slugfest, with both men refusing to be put away. It's Roman's night, however, and one Spear is enough to put Drew down and out. Roman Reigns ends the pay per view holding the belt high, to a chorus of boos, as the inaugural WWE Champion of the Blackfox Era.</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

SHOW RATING: </div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong>78</strong></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

</div></div></div></div><p></p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"> </span><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">PREDICTIONS</span></strong></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

</div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><em><span style="font-size:14px;">RAW/Underground, Week One, April 2021</span></em></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">

</div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">I understand predictions are a thing you guys do around here, so I'll give you a couple of thinkers for our first taping. I'm going to be posting RAW/Underground and SmackDown/Main Event together, so you will get three hours of television each post. However, since the first four episodes of Underground happened during the tournaments, each of the first four episodes you guys see will be double episodes. Fun, fun, fun!</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>RAW:</strong></span></div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> Bobby Lashley vs Sami Zayn</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>RAW:</strong></span></div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> Drew Gulak vs Kalisto</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>RAW:</strong></span></div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> Big E vs John Morrison</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>RAW:</strong></span></div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> WWE Championship #1 Contender Match: Finn Bálor vs Kevin Owens vs Seth Rollins</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>UG1:</strong></span></div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> Chad Gable vs Jinder Mahal</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>UG2:</strong></span></div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> Dio Maddin vs Otis Dozovic</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>SUPER SECRET BONUS:</strong></span></div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> The WWE Underground participants have their own section of the roster post up there. The twelve of them will be participating in a round robin tournament, with the top two finishers fighting for a title shot and the bottom two finishers fighting to stay employed. For a super secret bonus prize, tell me the winner and loser of </span></div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><em>both</em></span></div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> matches. So, the person who will win the Grand Final, the person who he'll beat for it, the person who will win the Loser Leaves WWE Match, </span></div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><em>and</em></span></div></div></div><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> the person who will lose their job. Not an easy task, for sure. We're not messing around in the Blackfox Era.</span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></div></div></div><p><span style="font-family:Calibri;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></div></div></div></div><p></p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div>

RAW: Bobby Lashley vs Sami Zayn

RAW: Drew Gulak vs Kalisto

RAW: Big E vs John Morrison

RAW: WWE Championship #1 Contender Match: Finn Bálor vs Kevin Owens vs Seth Rollins

UG1: Chad Gable vs Jinder Mahal

UG2: Dio Maddin vs Otis Dozovic

Super Bonus

Grand Final: Gable vs. Cedric Alexander

Loser Leaves WWE: Otis vs. Tucker

RAW: Bobby Lashley vs Sami Zayn

RAW: Drew Gulak vs Kalisto

RAW: Big E vs John Morrison

RAW: WWE Championship #1 Contender Match: Finn Bálor vs Kevin Owens vs Seth Rollins

UG1: Chad Gable vs Jinder Mahal

UG2: Dio Maddin vs Otis Dozovic

Bonus Questions

Riddick Moss defeats Mojo Rawley in the Loser Leaves WWE match.

Cedric Alexander defeats Chad Gable in the Grand Final.

Monday, Week 1, April 2021

Pre-Show: Nikki Cross def. Marina Shafir (8:42, 40)

MONDAY NIGHT RAW

Monday, Week 1, May 2021

American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX

Lights flashing when we step in the place

And you can feel the raw excitement from the look on their face

It's like the prize right in front of my eyes to take

And the sky's the limit, got no time to waste

You can find us climbing, setting the bar

Or you can find us red carpet when we hitting it hard

But the truth is, you can find us wherever you are

Just look up, we're flying high with the stars, 'cause

Tonight is the night!

Bright lights, hype crowd

Yeah, we came to throw down

Everybody get loud

Tonight is the night!

After a pyrotechnic display, Tom Phillips welcomes us to Monday Night Raw, just 24 hours removed from Backlash: Rewired. Roman Reigns became the inaugural WWE Champion of the Blackfox Era, and we will hear from him tonight. We will also find out who his first defense will be against, as our main event is a number one contender Triple Threat between Finn Bálor, Kevin Owens, and Seth Rollins. Also ahead, Big E will face John Morrison, and we’ll hear from Andrade "Cien" Almas after his assault of the Intercontinental Champion, Shinsuke Nakamura. But first, after Bobby Lashley pinned Sami Zayn in the ten-man tag match on SmackDown last week, they’ll face each other one-on-one.

Singles Match, 20 Minute Time Limit:

Bobby Lashley
vs
Sami Zayn

A noticeably clean-cut Sami Zayn puts his ego against that of the All Mighty in a grudge match to start the show. Lashley turns up the heat, but Sami refuses to stay down, and a very good opening match ends with a Helluva Kick.
(12:33,
)

Andrade "Cien" Almas enters the ring, flanked by Angel Garza, Humberto Carrillo, and Zelina Vega. He mocks the fans for their support of the Intercontinental Champion, Shinsuke Nakamura, and plays a video package of Nakamura getting beaten down. Vega takes to the microphone and directly challenges Nakamura, saying that he's scared to face any of her clients.

Nakamura does enter, holding his belt high. He walks up the entrance ramp, staring through Vega. As he approaches the ring apron, Charlotte Flair comes out of hiding from behind the barricade, and whacks Nakamura with a chair.

VEGA
: Ah, just like I thought. Too much of a coward to get in the ring, huh? So much for being a "fighting champion."

Flair joins the other four in the ring. Is this the beginning of a new power stable?

Tag Team Match, 20 Minute Time Limit:

Dirty Dawgs
vs
Los Mysterios

Rey and Dominik work a quick pace and stay one step ahead of Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode, and hit a Double 619 on the latter to put the Dawgs away.
(11:41,
)

We go backstage, where The Miz and John Morrison are sitting in matching director's chairs to welcome us to The Dirt Sheet. Between them is Big E, who scored the pinfall of Morrison in last night's trios exhibition at Backlash: Rewired. He talks about the day Xavier Woods first brought The New Day together, and how, in an industry of betrayals and backstabbing, he has found two people he genuinely sees as brothers.

BIG E:
What can I say? There's a reason why we talk about the power of positivity. Positivity connected us, it kept us strong apart during the brand split, and it will make us stronger together.

MORRISON:
Positivity is the key, huh. Well, I am feeling positive that you're facing me one-on-one later tonight. Doesn't that strike a little bit of fear into your heart? Doesn't that sour your spinach juuuuust a little bit?

The Miz and Morrison make pinchy-fingers gestures in Big E's face.

BIG E:
Miz, do you think I'm scared of you?

THE MIZ:
Oh, you're a scared little baby, huh?

John Morrison reaches into a cardboard box on the floor that hadn't been shown on camera until now. He produces an oversized baby bonnet and pops it onto Big E's head.

MORRISON:
Oh, a little scaredy-waredy baby-wabey!

Morrison hands Big E a rattle while The Miz wraps a bib around his neck.

THE MIZ:
Well, ladies and gentlemen, it looks like Big E is more like... Babe-E.

Big E stares directly down the camera, completely unamused, as The Miz and Morrison laugh and high-five.

As John Morrison approaches the ring, we find out that this Friday on SmackDown, Charlotte Flair and Asuka will square off to find Rhea Ripley's first challenger for the WWE Women's Championship. Plus, Aleister Black will be in action against Robert Roode.

Big E
vs
John Morrison

Morrison and Big E fight in the ring while The Miz and Xavier Woods argue on the outside. Woods cheerfully blasts his trombone in Miz's face. As Morrison is distracted by the shenanigans, Big E punches him in the back of the head, and lifts him up for the Big Ending.
(7:17,
)

When RAW continues, Phillips throws to the newest member of the WWE broadcasting team, Jeremy Borash.

BORASH
: I am here with the inaugural WWE Champion of the new era, Roman Reigns. Roman, congratulations on your victory over Drew McIntyre last night.

REIGNS
: Well, it's hardly an accomplishment to put that has-been out of his misery, but I appreciate your recognition of my performance. I think I've well and truly proven my dominance over this industry. It doesn't really matter who's in charge. Be it Triple H, be it Shane and Stephanie. The new era of WWE will be just like the old one: one dominant Champion, and seven billion people who wish they could be.

As Roman boasts about the accomplishments of the Empire in the McMahon Era, Borash attempts to direct the conversation to the future.

BORASH
: Tonight, a number-one contender Triple Threat will take place, pitting Kevin Owens against Seth Rollins and Finn Bálor. Is there an opponent you’re particularly hoping to see?

REIGNS
: I don't care. I don't care who I'm fighting. It doesn't matter. There is nobody in the world who can beat me. No human, alive or dead, has been ever, or will be ever, strong enough to remove me from my rightful place as Head Of The Table.

BORASH
: Well, a poll on WWE's Twitter account found that the opponent the fans would most like to see you face is Finn Bálor. He was, of course, the first Universal Champion, the same championship that you retired at WrestleMania last month. Do you agree with the fans who believe that this would be the money match?

Roman leans forward.

REIGNS
: Jeremy, let me teach you something about Roman Reigns.
Every
match that I'm in is a money match.

Roman leans back.

REIGNS
: As for Finn, well, I don't know if they have television in Ireland, or if they'd have to invent it. But I'm sure all the radios will be tuned into that match, if it does happen. Plus, it would be a great opportunity for Finn to finally come up to the major leagues, now that he's done sucking up to all those nerds in NXT.

BORASH
: One final question for you, Roman. What can we expect from your run as Undisputed WWE Champion?

REIGNS
: What do
you
expect? Dominance. God put me on this Earth to dominate. That's what I'm gonna do. And nobody — nobody — can stop me.

Drew Gulak
vs
Kalisto

Gulak does what he can to keep Kalisto grounded, but it's not enough to stop the luchador from hitting Salida Del Sol for a clean victory. Gulak storms off after the match, furious at his misfortune.
(8:12,
)

Finn Bálor has demanded a microphone from Jeremy Borash. He refuses to let Roman talk trash without the opportunity for equal time.

BÁLOR
: Jeremy, do you want to talk about a money match? Here's a money match. Roman Reigns getting his chest stomped in. Coughing up blood. That's a money match.

And it's one you deserve, Roman. You cheated me in the tournament and you know that. You're not man enough to fight me one on one. You're not man enough to step to me.

And since you were wondering, we do have television in Ireland. So when I win this Triple Threat tonight, everyone will get the chance to see me kick your ass.

Borash reminds the viewers that there will be a number one contender by the end of the night, as Finn faces Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens in our main event.

Ruby Riott
vs
Shayna Baszler

Both fighters put a great effort into this match, mixing wrestling and MMA in shoot-style sequences. Ultimately, it was Baszler who got the upper hand, making Riott tap out to a kimura, and refusing to let go until well after the bell.
(10:29,
)

Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn are talking backstage. Owens understands that it's taken a while for Sami to snap out of his conspiracy delusions, and he's happy to have his friend back. Sami apologizes for the fights he caused, and promises to help Kevin out when he needs it.

A vignette begins, showing what appears to be a police interrogation room. A soft, high-pitched, and slightly ominous piano tune plays. A shadowy figure sits in the chair, staring down the camera lens. He's wearing a glowing blue armband on his right bicep, but no other details about him are visible.

???
: What is justice?

The man taps his fingers against the metal table.

???
: Is it a world without conflict, without struggle? Or is it a world with conflict, from the oppressed against their oppressors?

He removes his armband and places it on the table. He pauses, stares at it, and continues.

???
: Do we hope to achieve justice by silencing the powerful? Or do we hope to achieve justice by empowering those who have been silenced?

A light slowly creeps over the room, revealing the man's face for the first time, as he shifts his gaze back to the camera.

???
: My name is Mustafa Ali. I was a Chicago police officer for four years. And in that time, I was faced with a moral problem I couldn't articulate. Having been out of the game for as long as I have, I can look back on that time in my life with clarity. And what I see...

Ali's gaze shifts for a second, as if he were trying to recall a memory.

ALI
: ...what I see is the fragility of our society.

Ali removes his wedding ring and stands it on its side.

ALI
: Power is a balancing act. When you are trusted with power the way I was, it is your responsibility to keep order. But...is order the ideal? Should we strive for a neighborhood, a city, a country of conformity? Or do we rebel? Do we rage against the dying of the light? Do we hope to make a change before the fight changes us?

Ali places his right pointer finger on top of the ring, and rolls it back and forth with a gentle rhythm.

ALI
: That's not something I could think about. I couldn't think about what was right or wrong. I had to think about holding back the ocean of change. I had to prevent the balance of power from shifting. I was assigned to the streets, to guard the status quo. But nothing lasts forever. And one day, one day indeed, the burden will be too much to bear. Because sooner or later...

Ali tips the ring over.

ALI
: ...everything dies.

WWE Championship #1 Contender Match, 30 Minute Time Limit:

Finn Bálor
vs
Kevin Owens
vs
Seth Rollins

This match is a war worthy of the prize. With a shot at Roman Reigns on the line, three men with reason to hate him waste no time, beating on each other early. They brawl in and out of the ring, with Rollins hitting Bálor with a Pedigree on the outside. Rollins sets Owens up on the announce table and attempts to jump from the turnbuckle, but Owens dodges and Rollins goes through face-first.

Owens gets up and chucks Rollins into the ring. He sets up for a Stunner to put him away and end the match. As Rollins staggers to his feet...

...Randy Orton runs down the ramp?

He slides into the ring and RKOs Owens before slithering to the timekeeper's area. Owens is down, face-first in the middle of the ring. Rollins is up. He measures, bounces off the ropes, and Curb Stomps Owens, who rolls just a smidge toward the corner, where Finn Bálor is waiting on the top turnbuckle. Rollins doesn't see him, and makes the cover on Owens, only to take a Coup De Grâce between the shoulder blades. Rollins slumps out of the ring, and Bálor hooks Owens for the one...

...two...

...three.
(16:38,
)

Bálor's hand is raised by the referee, but Orton hits the ring again, as Edge and Bobby Lashley come down the ramp to assist him. Rollins slinks away as the three of them assault Bálor and Owens.

Kevin Owens calls for Sami Zayn. He promised he'd help Owens whenever he needed it, right?

The camera cuts backstage. Sami Zayn is down, having been attacked as well, and standing over his body are AJ Styles and Jeff Hardy. Hardy had been making comments over the last few weeks about the resilience of the old guard. Was that a warning?

Back in the ring, Orton and Edge hold up Bálor by his arms, as Lashley paces back, waiting, waiting, and finally delivering a brutal Spear to Bálor's chest. Orton kneels over Bálor, looking into his eyes as if to check for life, and the three veterans leave the ring with wreckage in their wake.

SHOW RATING:

WWE Underground

Monday, Week 1, April 2021

Episodes One and Two

SHANE:
Alexander. Blake. Dallas. Dozovic. Gable. Knight. Maddin. Mahal. Moss. Rawley. Thorne. Tozawa.

We are in a dusky training center, with two rings and few lights. WWE co-chair Shane McMahon, and his bodyguard, Bronson Reed, stand in front of twelve WWE superstars.

SHANE:
You are the overlooked, the underappreciated, the ones who never got their due. And you are here to prove why you belong in WWE. Over the next twenty-two weeks, each of you will fight each other one time. There are no rules. There is only the will to win. Bronson and I will be watching you to see who has the fire, who has the spirit, who deserves to be in this company. At the end of the tournament, the top two finishers will fight for an opportunity to become WWE Champion. The bottom two finishers will fight for their jobs.

If you want to leave the undercard,

if you want to be a champion,

this is your time to prove it.

Cedric Alexander
def.
Mojo Rawley
(10:36,
)

Akira Tozawa
def.
Tucker Knight
(9:55,
)

Jinder Mahal
def.
Chad Gable
(11:51,
)

Jinder Mahal takes the middle of the ring after putting Chad Gable to sleep.

MAHAL:
I want every single one of you to hear this. I am the peacemaker of this tournament. When I want to fight, I fight. When I want to stop...

Jinder pushes Gable out of the ring with his foot.

MAHAL:
Chad, you are the lucky one. Because you will never have to face me again. For the rest of you, I look forward to ending your careers. I am Jinder Mahal. I was the champion. I will be the champion. And nobody can stop me.

Bo Dallas
def.
Riddick Moss
(8:43,
)

Shane Thorne
def.
Wesley Blake
(13:12,
)

Dio Maddin
def.
Otis Dozovic
(12:28,
)

Cedric Alexander and Akira Tozawa meet after being drawn against each other in round two.

ALEXANDER:
The one guy I was afraid of.

Akira chuckles.

TOZAWA:
I know you better than to expect fear from you. I feel bad for you, though.

ALEXANDER:
Why's that?

TOZAWA:
Because only one of us can go undefeated. And it's not gonna be you.

NEWS N NOTES

Thursday, Week One, May 2021

Welcome to News N Notes, your source for news n notes from around the wrestling world. It's not a great slogan, but we couldn't think of anything better.

Positive news coming out of NXT this evening, as the leg injury of Isaiah "Swerve" Scott has been much less severe than originally feared. Sources have told us that he's expected to miss only two or three weeks with a bruised calf, and he will not be stripped of the NXT Tag Team Championship. His pairing with KUSHIDA has been one of the highlights of NXT's programming since the start of the Blackfox Era, and he's considered to be one of WWE's hottest prospects for main roster success.

In a massive swerve on AEW Dynamite last night, FTR were kicked out of The Pinnacle after MJF turned on them for perceived disloyalty. The situation there seems to be getting very volatile very fast, and we here at NNN are thankful our workplace forbids assault.

Jordan Omogbehin, formerly known as Omos, has signed with Major League Wrestling today after being released by WWE. Omos was released in the most recent round of roster cuts by the Blackfox ownership group, reportedly because they didn't see an in-ring future for him. Here's hoping he'll get a chance to prove them wrong in MLW.

PREDICTIONS

SmackDown/Main Event, Week One, April 2021

It was a rough start to the prediction game, but that's understandable with no buildup to go by. We'll see if this round is any easier.

SD:
WWE Women's Championship #1 Contender Match: Asuka vs Charlotte Flair

SD:
Seth Rollins vs Damian Priest

SD:
Randy Orton vs Sami Zayn

ME:
Lucha House Party vs The Bollywood Boyz

ME:
Xavier Woods vs Shelton Benjamin

SD: WWE Women's Championship #1 Contender Match: Asuka vs Charlotte Flair

SD: Seth Rollins vs Damian Priest

SD: Randy Orton vs Sami Zayn

ME: Lucha House Party vs The Bollywood Boyz

ME: Xavier Woods vs Shelton Benjamin

Pre-Show: Mickie James and Ruby Riott def. Kacy Katanzaro and Kayden Carter (6:39,
)

A video package plays, showing the events of Monday night's main event. As Kevin Owens measured Seth Rollins for the Stunner, Randy Orton hit the ring and attacked Owens. The match ended with Finn Bálor pinning Rollins, but he too was assaulted after the bell, by Orton, Edge, and Bobby Lashley. Backstage, AJ Styles and Jeff Hardy attacked Sami Zayn. The show ended with the bodies of Bálor and Owens flat in the ring, and Orton, Edge, and Lashley standing tall.

FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN

Friday, Week 1, May 2021

Intrust Bank Arena, Wichita, KS

So you think you can shoot your mouth off?

Well, you'd better watch your aim

Try to hide, but there's no way out

You're goin' down, you're goin' down!

(Bang bang!) Someone said you're feelin' brave tonight

(Step up!) Do you really wanna cross the line?

(Right now!) Go ahead and try to take what's mine

Let it roll, let it roll, I'm unstoppable

Let it roll, let it roll, I'm unstoppable

Let it roll, let it roll!

Randy Orton's music plays, and he approaches the ring alongside all four people who assisted him in Monday's assault: Edge, Bobby Lashley, AJ Styles, and Jeff Hardy. Michael Cole welcomes us to the broadcast, and mentions how none of the attackers have given any explanation to anyone. McAfee supposes they want to keep the locker room unprepared for what's next. All we know is that Randy Orton is set to fight Sami Zayn in tonight's main event. Plus, Asuka and Charlotte Flair will fight to determine the number one contender for Rhea Ripley's Women's Championship. Michael Cole's advertising is cut off by Bobby Lashley.

LASHLEY:
You people don't deserve an explanation for what happened on Monday night. But you're going to get one.

On Monday night, we delivered a statement of intent to WWE. And if you were in our position, you would have done the exact same thing.

Maybe we should go back. To February. After Vince McMahon died. When Triple H took over this company.

Lashley gestures toward the TitanTron, which plays footage of a press conference held shortly after the death of Vince McMahon. In the clip, Paul "Triple H" Levesque talks about how WWE has decided to take a "hard reset" approach to the new era, with new records and new championships. Levesque tells the press to anticipate new stars being made, and new faces at the top of the card. "The fans have made it clear," he says. "They're tired of the same old stories with the same old characters. We promise, there will be new blood at the top, and it will happen very, very soon."

EDGE:
That is a threat. That is a threat against us. The veterans. These "same old characters" are the people who had carried this industry for the last fifteen years. We carried WWE through Ruthless Aggression, we carried WWE through the PG cartoon celebrity nonsense, and we carried WWE through the pandemic. And what do we get? For all our sacrifice, all our hard work in the face of missed opportunities and corprate stagnation? I came back from a broken neck to fight for this company. And what does that mean to the people who should be grateful for the blood we have bled for their checkbooks? Not a damn thing.

HARDY:
We are the DNA of American wrestling. We are the helix that contains the genetic framework of what WWE is today. We're not going away. We will always be here.

STYLES:
When Triple H made that speech, the five of us got together. That very day. We came together and decided that all of his NXT guys, his indie guys, his precious little babies, would have no place in this company, because they haven't earned a place in this company. They were handpicked, and coddled, and raised to take over. And Triple H has made it clear that the people who worked for their positions, who didn't have a helping hand to get to the top, are going to be the faces of this company for as long as we are breathing.

ORTON:
I thought I knew Triple H. I thought he wanted what was best for business. He wants to mold the business in his image. He wants to crush everything great about the last fifteen years of wrestling, and replace it with things he can take credit for. He has to be the hero. He wouldn't have it any other way.

We are not the old blood. We are not the old characters. We are not the dead and the dying. We are HELIX.

And if anyone in the back has a problem with that, you can step out to the ring, right now, and tell us face to face.

Nobody answers.

ORTON:
That's what I thought.

As Orton inhales to speak again, Keith Lee's entrance music plays. He hits the stage with a microphone in hand, and approaches the ring.

LEE:
Yeah, I do have a problem, actually. I have five problems, and they're in the ring right now. I don't know who told you that anybody was "handpicked" to be at the top, but I wasn't given a damn thing. I am thirty-six years old. It took me my entire career to get this chance. I had to sacrifice everything I had for one opportunity.

Lee steps through the ropes.

LEE:
And you know what happened, Randy? I dominated. I crushed everyone. I became NXT's first double champion. And now you're gonna say I'm some "indie guy," some kid who didn't earn nothing? You're damn right I have a problem with that. Now what are you gonna do about it?

Lee drops the microphone and exchanges words with Orton. Orton throws a punch, Lee throws a punch, and the remaining members of HELIX surround Lee and beat him down. As he tries to fight back, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn emerge to help him out. They're able to do enough to stop the veterans from injuring Lee, and they take the ring with him.

Aleister Black
vs
Robert Roode

The Dirty Dawgs' losing streak continues, as a Black Mass to the teeth crumples Roode and ends the match.
(7:48,
)

Finn Bálor has a microphone backstage. He says he's not waiting until Judgment Day for his title shot. He wants to fight Roman Reigns tonight, and he demands an answer by the top of the hour. Meanwhile, WWE Tag Team Champions Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford take the stage, and approach the commentary booth to give their thoughts on the next match.

Tag Team Match, 20 Minute Time Limit:

The Miz and John Morrison
vs
War Raiders

Erik and Ivar entertain the crowd by beating down on WWE's two most annoying employees, but an unseen low blow from Morrison allows The Miz to roll up Ivar for the dirty victory.
(9:12,
)

After the match, The Miz wastes no time in confronting the Street Profits at the commentary booth. Pat McAfee awkwardly holds his hands out to discourage anyone from punching anyone else.

We cut to a pretaped interview with Braun Strowman, who was reinjured by Seth Rollins at Backlash: Rewired this past Sunday night. He insists that he will get his knee healed, and Seth Rollins will get these hands.

WWE Women's Championship #1 Contender Match, 30 Minute Time Limit:

Asuka
vs
Charlotte Flair

Charlotte Flair is accompanied to the ring by her husband, Andrade "Cien" Almas, who wastes little time getting involved in the match, tripping Asuka up and distracting the referee. Flair takes control, but arrogance costs her, as a lackadasical setup to the Figure Eight Leglock is countered into the Asuka Lock for the submission victory.
(13:51,
)

Jeremy Borash is standing by with Paul Heyman, the advocate for Roman Reigns.

HEYMAN:
We here at the Roman Empire have indubitable respect for Finn Bálor. We acknowledge his contendership as legitimate, ill-gotten as it may be, and we will happily allow Mr. Bálor to challenge Roman Reigns at Judgment Day later this month.

Unfortunately for Mr. Bálor, Roman Reigns is not here tonight to deliver this message in person. However, after consulting from him over the telephone, we are delighted to offer Mr. Bálor the opportunity for a match against the Right Hand Man of the Roman Empire, Jey Uso, this Monday night on RAW. We trust that Jey's inevitable victory will present —

As Heyman talks, two figures dart across the screen, and knock Heyman over. The camera moves to view Shayna Baszler, shouting and brawling with somebody. As referees surround her to pull her away, Rhea Ripley emerges from the scuffle. We can't hear what the Women's Champion is saying, but she appears to be very upset. The camera moves back to a perplexed Heyman.

HEYMAN:
I suppose our statement is complete.

Damian Priest
vs
Seth Rollins

A fun clash of styles here as Priest impresses, but he can't get enough momentum to put Rollins away. He takes a Curb Stomp and the pin in a well-worked affair.
(8:36,
)

Seth Rollins asks for a microphone as Priest slowly gets to his feet.

ROLLINS:
Damian, it has been wonderful getting to know you over these last few minutes. And I want to tell you, Damian — can I call you Damian? — Damian, I want you to know that this defeat may be the start of a grander victory for you.

Damian, my name is Seth Rollins, and I want to talk to you about The Vision.

The Vision is an ideal. An ethos. A utopia. The Vision is not just about what WWE is, but what WWE can be. A land of opportunity, of equity, of a new world broken away from the old.

Damian, you and I together can accomplish great things. I want to build a coalition of wrestlers from all walks of life who believe in the future our industry, and the future of our planet.

As Rollins blabbers on, Damian Priest slowly backs away from him and exits the ring. He gets about halfway up the entrance ramp before Rollins snaps out of his grandiose speech and realizes that he's alone. He stands awkwardly as the show cuts to commercial.

Mustafa Ali
vs
Roderick Strong

The cruiserweights get time to work and put on the match of the night, dazzling with electric offense. Roderick looks Strong in defeat, and Ali picks up a big win. He continues the fight after the bell, getting in some parting shots and opening a cut on Strong's brow.
(9:32,
)

Backstage, Andrade "Cien" Almas is tending to his wife, Charlotte Flair, after her loss to Asuka. Garza and Carrillo are chatting off to the side. Shinsuke Nakamura walks up behind Almas and Flair, sneakily positioning himself between them.

FLAIR:
I can't take her, I can't take Rhea Ripley, I can't take these people who think they're so deserving of -

NAKAMURA:
Boo.

Almas, Flair, Carrillo, and Garza all jump.

NAKAMURA:
Revenge... is so, so sweet. You hurt others, and you are hurt. You take advantage, and then you are... taken down.

Nakamura caresses the Intercontinental Championship on his shoulder, and turns to Almas.

NAKAMURA:
This family you have created. Are they protecting you from the world? Or are they drawing in all that's bad?

Carrillo paces over to Nakamura.

NAKAMURA:
Does your family give you strength in numbers, or are you just... cowards?

Carrillo pushes Nakamura. Nakamura laughs, and points at Carrillo's mouth.

NAKAMURA:
You are young. You have so much to gain. One day, you will realize... that you don't need this. You have greatness within you. I believe it. And he cannot get you there.

Nakamura turns his attention back to Almas.

NAKAMURA:
You are not as good as you think you are. Do not forget that.

Randy Orton
vs
Sami Zayn

The main event is sluggish, with Randy Orton maintaining a slow pace throughout. Sami Zayn has an opportunity to get the Helluva Kick, but Orton bumps the referee intentionally and Styles hits the ring from behind the barricade to ambush Zayn. Kevin Owens comes out to fend Styles off, but the damage is done, and Orton drops Zayn with an RKO.
(14:34,
)

Owens and Styles continue to fight on the outside. The microphones pick up a challenge Owens makes to Styles. Orton and Styles stand tall in the ring again, as Owens and Zayn slump away.

SHOW RATING:
(nice)

WWE Main Event

Friday, Week 1, May 2021

Intrust Bank Arena, Wichita, KS

Mandy Rose
def.
Tamina
(5:38,
)

Lucha House Party
def.
The Bollywood Boyz
(10:02,
)

King Corbin
def.
Titus O'Neil
(10:28,
)

Bobby Lashley
def.
Reginald
(1:01,
)

Xavier Woods
def.
Shelton Benjamin
(10:41,
)

NEWS N NOTES

Sunday, Week One, May 2021

Welcome to News N Notes, your source for news n notes from around the wrestling world.

WWE Tag Team Champion Angelo Dawkins gave out some interesting tidbits of info in a shoot interview earlier this week. Dawkins spoke about how he’s been working to improve his technical ability, in response to criticisms that he’s just Montez Ford’s enforcer. He also indicated that he’d like to participate in a CMLL Anniversary Show before his career is over. It’s hard not to imagine a dream match in which Místico and Carístico take on the Street Profits, but that’s obviously unlikely. Still, it’s given fans on social media something else to argue about besides foreign policy and whether hot dogs are sandwiches.

In more WWE news, we've learned that Mickie James and Ruby Riott are going to be aligned on-screen in the near future. They've teamed at several house shows, as well as on the pre-show for SmackDown a couple of nights ago. Insiders are hopeful that James will be able to improve Riott's status, which was dinged by poor booking in the McMahon Era.

NXT UK has announced the signing of two recruits from their Performance Center. Bryant Richard, 21, and Julia "Julissia" Alessio, 18, are expected to continue their training at the PC while they are introduced to television audiences. We will update you with more information about them when we get it.

PREDICTIONS

RAW/Underground, Week Two, May 2021

I am definitely going to do something with the cumulative results of the prediction game. I don't know what, yet, but I will do something. Also, I'm very interested to hear what you guys think of the first couple of shows. Let me know what stories and workers you're interested in so far, and what I can improve on for the future.

RAW:
WWE Women's Championship: Rhea Ripley vs Asuka

RAW:
Finn Bálor vs Jey Uso

RAW:
AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens

UG3:
Akira Tozawa vs Cedric Alexander

UG4:
Chad Gable vs Dio Maddin

<p>RAW: WWE Women's Championship: <strong>Rhea Ripley</strong> vs Asuka</p><p> </p><p>

RAW: <strong>Finn Bálor</strong> vs Jey Uso</p><p> </p><p>

RAW: AJ Styles vs <strong>Kevin Owens</strong></p><p> </p><p>

UG3: Akira Tozawa vs <strong>Cedric Alexander</strong></p><p> </p><p>

UG4: <strong>Chad Gable</strong> vs Dio Maddin</p><p> </p><p>

Great work so far.</p>