WWE 2021 - The Blackfox Era

RAW: AJ Styles vs Rey Mysterio

I don't know about this in 2021, but this would have been all sorts of great 15 years ago.

RAW: Qualifier Match: Angel Garza vs Xavier Woods

RAW: Bianca Belair vs Zelina Vega

RAW: Non-Title Match: Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman

There's no reason not to carry on the strong Reigns push.

UG7: Akira Tozawa vs Otis

Personal bias, I love a bit of Tozawa, Akira.

UG8: Riddick Moss vs Tucker Knight

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RAW: AJ Styles vs Rey Mysterio

RAW: Qualifier Match: Angel Garza vs Xavier Woods

RAW: Bianca Belair vs Zelina Vega

RAW: Non-Title Match: Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman

UG7: Akira Tozawa vs Otis

UG8: Riddick Moss vs Tucker Knight

MLW indeed has a lot of promising younglings. Injustice, Medina, Holliday... all could be valuable assets

Pre-Show: Lince Dorado def. Shelton Benjamin (9:46,
)

MONDAY NIGHT RAW

Monday, Week 4, May 2021

FedEx Forum, Memphis, TN

Backstage before the show, Andrade "Cien" Almas and Humberto Carrillo pop bottles at Carrillo's Intercontinental Championship celebration. Angel Garza is speaking with Charlotte Flair about Garza's match tonight, and Zelina Vega is typing aggressively on her cell phone. The party is crashed by The New Day, as Big E grabs a bottle of champagne and pours it over Carrillo's head.

Lights flashing when we step in the place

And you can feel the raw excitement from the look on their face

It's like the prize is right in front of my eyes to take

And the sky's the limit, got no time to waste

You can find us climbing, setting the bar

Or you can find us red carpet when we hitting it hard

But the truth is, you can find us wherever you are

Just look up, we're flying high with the stars, 'cause

Tonight is the night!

Bright lights, hype crowd

Yeah, we came to throw down

Everybody get loud

Tonight is the night!

Singles Match, 20 Minute Time Limit:

AJ Styles
(w/Jeff Hardy) vs
Rey Mysterio

Styles has no qualms about playing dirty, getting help from Hardy when he needs it, before crushing Rey Mysterio with a Styles Clash, to the dismay of his son.
(12:37,
)

Keith Lee is backstage with Drew McIntyre and Daniel Bryan.

LEE:
I don't want you to come out with me tonight. I want to take him on my own.

BRYAN:
Don't be too proud, Keith. You know Lashley is gonna start something.

LEE:
Of course. But I'm not like HELIX. I'm not like AJ, calls his little buddies for help all the time. I have a responsibility tonight. Lashley could have hurt Sami real bad last week. I have something to prove. I know you guys want to help, but I need to send a message out there. I have to take out MVP and show Lashley that I'm not a guy he can mess with. That
we're
not guys he can mess with.

Bryan opens his mouth to protest, but McIntyre waves him off.

McINTYRE:
Keith, when I came to you a few weeks ago, I promised I would trust you. And I don't know if this is a good idea, but I'm going to keep my word. Just know that, as long as Daniel and I are around, you're not alone. You're never alone.

LEE:
I know. Thank you.

Qualifier Match, 20 Minute Time Limit:

Angel Garza
(w/ Zelina Vega) vs
Xavier Woods
(w/ Big E and Kofi Kingston)

These two faced off in the Cruiserweight Championship tournament last month, and Garza took the victory. He won't do the double, though, as Woods wins the runback with his Lost In The Woods flatliner, and Big E twists his pelvis at angles that horrify Zelina Vega.
(9:49,
)

Braun Strowman gives a promo backstage, talking about how the doctors have given him a clean bill of health after more than a month of nursing his leg. Jeremy Borash asks him about his non-title match with Roman Reigns scheduled for tonight's main event, but Rollins muscles his way into frame.

ROLLINS:
Braun, let's talk this out.

STROWMAN:
No. There's nothing to talk about. I get it. You're insecure, you're afraid to do anything on your own. You need people around you to fight your battles for you. I wish you the best. I hope you can find some friends to help you out. But I won't be one of them.

Tag Team Match, 20 Minute Time Limit:

Dirty Dawgs
vs
War Raiders

Ziggler's crystal magic pays off again, with an amethyst-assisted punch between the eyes of Ivar to give Roode the opportunity he needs to get the victory.
(6:55,
)

Rated RKO get some time to talk backstage, and they directly threaten Sami Zayn. Their assault on him wasn't the last, and this Sunday at Judgment Day, he'll learn what happens to people who don't know how to stay in their place.

MVP
(w/Bobby Lashley) vs
Keith Lee

MVP's return to the ring was a solid one, as he held his own against the big man, but even with Lashley's support, one Spirit Bomb put him away. After the match, Lashley started to attack Lee, but Daniel Bryan and Drew McIntyre hit the stage to chase him off.
(11:09,
)

The Judgment Day card is filling up fast, and new WWE Network subscribers will get to watch the show live during their one-month free trial. We've just learned that Humberto Carrillo will make his first Intercontinental Title defense against the man he took the championship from, Shinsuke Nakamura. Rhea Ripley will face Shayna Baszler for the Women's Championship. The veterans of HELIX will have a three-match challenge, headlined by Rated RKO taking on Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. And in the main event, Roman Reigns will finally face Finn Bálor for the most coveted prize in sports entertainment, the WWE Championship.

Sheamus
vs
The Miz
(w/ John Morrison)

After the uneasy alliance of these two men ended on Friday, Sheamus wastes no time imposing his will on the match. The Miz takes plenty of brutal strikes, but John Morrison is able to attack Sheamus from the blindside, allowing Miz to roll Sheamus up with a handful of tights for the win.
(11:01,
)

Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode stumble into Bobby Fish backstage. He heard from Kyle O'Reilly that the Dawgs have been working on a new strategy, and he wants to learn more about it. Ziggler grabs Roode's bracelet, stuffs it in his trunks, and says he has no idea what Fish is talking about.

Bianca Belair
vs
Zelina Vega

Belair outwrestles Zelina, but Charlotte Flair comes in to tip the scales. The bad night for the referee corps continues.
(9:43,
)

Charlotte attempts to keep the beatdown going, but she's chased off by Belair's husband, Montez Ford.

Friday Night SmackDown marks the last show before Judgment Day, and the card is stacked with excitement. HELIX, represented by AJ Styles, Bobby Lashley, and MVP, will fight Daniel Bryan, Keith Lee, and Drew McIntyre. Ricochet will find out who his opponent for the Cruiserweight Championship will be in the #1 contender Fatal Four-Way featuring Aleister Black, Drew Gulak, Mustafa Ali, and Xavier Woods. And don't miss our main event, where Finn Bálor and Roman Reigns will sign their contracts and confirm the main event of Judgment Day.

Roman Reigns
vs
Brawn Strowman

A match that promised to be a hoss-fight underdelivered as Strowman looked shaky throughout. A Spear brought the main event to a relatively early end.
(7:41,
)

As Roman Reigns walks away victorious, Seth Rollins and Murphy push past him with steel chairs in hand. Strowman flings Murphy out of the ring, but takes a couple of chair shots from Rollins before he can escape. Romans stands back, and watches Strowman limp away. He turns his sights to a crazed Rollins. He stares for a long time.

Roman gives the WWE Championship belt to Paul Heyman, who lifts it high. Rollins peeks over his shoulder, uneasy, expecting to be ambushed.

Roman takes a few steps backwards, still staring at Rollins, before turning around and heading up the ramp.

SHOW RATING:

WWE UNDERGROUND

Monday, Week 4, May 2021

Rounds 7 and 8

Chad Gable
def.
Mojo Rawley
(10:01,
)

Gable encourages Otis to go on and beat Akira Tozawa, who was injured after being attacked by Bronson Reed last week. Otis is uncomfortable, but promises to do what he's told.

Otis
def.
Akira Tozawa
(10:11,
)

Tucker
def.
Riddick Moss
(6:44,
)

Cedric Alexander
def.
Shane Thorne
(10:12,
)

Dio Maddin
def.
Wesley Blake
(10:16,
)

Jinder Mahal
def.
Bo Dallas
(9:39,
)

Otis meets with his former Heavy Machinery partner, Tucker. Tucker says Otis has changed since aligning with Gable. He's become more hostile and spiteful. Tucker knows Otis probably doesn't want to hear from him, but he asks Otis if he really wants to be Gable's personal weapon of war. Otis doesn't have a good answer.

Standings after Round 8:

: Alexander, Maddin, Mahal

: Dallas, Dozovic, Gable, Knight

: Blake, Rawley, Thorne, Akira

: Moss

NEWS N NOTES

Thursday, Week Four, May 2021

Welcome to News N Notes, your source for news n notes from around the wrestling world.

The first batch of new WWE hires was announced this morning, and as expected, some major names on the indie scene have put pen to paper. We're told that none of these deals are exclusive, so all of the below will still be permitted to take independent bookings for the time being.

Perhaps the biggest surprise on the list is PolyAm Cult Leader
MV Young
, whose hardcore stylings and subversive character seem like a major departure from what WWE has historically looked for. This seems to be a message that the new ownership group plans to change the company to match the times, but there's no way we can know how Young's character will play on TV.

Looking elsewhere at this crop of signings,
Tunku Amir
and
Clayton Gainz
of Impact Wrestling's Gut Check 2020 put pen to paper on NXT deals, as well as GCW youngster and gigantic man
Juicy Finau
. NXT will also find a new team in its tag division, welcoming
Milk Chocolate
(Randy Summers and Brandon Watts) to the roster. The final name on the list is 21 year old luchador
Dragon Bane
, the current IWRG Rey del Aire Champion.

Over at the Tokyo Dome,
Kota Ibushi
and
Kazuchika Okada
put on a match of the year candidate as Ibushi retained the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship in a 30-minute thrill ride that Dave Meltzer called "Ibushi's best, well, probably the best match I've seen him in for, you know, at least the last, uh, at least the last little while, you know." This comes after rumors that NJPW is getting cold feet about their association with AEW. Word is that New Japan has been concerned that they're not getting adequate compensation for having some of their bigger names come to the States. Whether this leads to the Forbidden Door getting opened wider or slammed shut remains to be seen.

PREDICTIONS

SmackDown/Main Event, Week 4, May 2021

With one show to go before Judgment Day, critical momentum is up for grabs, and your predictions are actually going to lead to something in the near future I PROMISE, so choose wisely. Also, you may have noticed I've been experimenting with the formatting and such. I'm still working on this. Thank you for your patience.

SD:
Braun Strowman and Damian Priest vs Seth Rollins and Murphy

SD:
John Morrison vs Montez Ford

SD:
Bryan, Lee, and McIntyre vs Styles, Lashley, and MVP

SD:
DOUBLE POINTS: Cruiserweight Championship #1 Contender Fatal Four-Way: Aleister Black vs Drew Gulak vs Mustafa Ali vs Xavier Woods

SD:
The main event will be the contract signing for Roman Reigns and Finn Bálor. Who's going through the table?

ME:
Bobby Fish vs Elias

SD: Braun Strowman and Damian Priest vs Seth Rollins and Murphy

SD: John Morrison vs Montez Ford

SD: Bryan, Lee, and McIntyre vs Styles, Lashley, and MVP

SD: DOUBLE POINTS: Cruiserweight Championship #1 Contender Fatal Four-Way: Aleister Black vs Drew Gulak vs Mustafa Ali vs Xavier Woods

SD: The main event will be the contract signing for Roman Reigns and Finn Bálor. Who's going through the table? Reigns; Balor gets a bit more momentum heading into a match I don't think he'll win

ME: Bobby Fish vs Elias

Yeah, Dave Meltzer does sound exactly that when he does radio. :D

SD: Braun Strowman and Damian Priest vs Seth Rollins and Murphy

SD: John Morrison vs Montez Ford

SD: Bryan, Lee, and McIntyre vs Styles, Lashley, and MVP

SD: DOUBLE POINTS: Cruiserweight Championship #1 Contender Fatal Four-Way: Aleister Black vs Drew Gulak vs Mustafa Ali vs Xavier Woods

SD: The main event will be the contract signing for Roman Reigns and Finn Bálor. Who's going through the table? Finn Balor

ME: Bobby Fish vs Elias

Some housekeeping.

Sending a big “thank you” to Mootinie for nominating The Blackfox Era for Rookie DOTM. It’s been fun laying the groundwork for all the excitement to come, and these next two shows, SmackDown and Judgment Day, are going to crank the heat up to a new level. This is definitely the beginning of the “second chapter” of the story, and I want to thank everyone who’s been reading and commenting so far. Your interest and support means the world, especially on the ground floor of a universe that is about to take a big step forward.

My mother is still dealing with health issues so I’m not able to write all the time, but I’m having a lot of fun with this series and I’m glad you are too. In the lead up to Judgment Day I’ll be revealing what I’m doing with the prediction game stuff, so keep an eye out for that. And if you have any suggestions for how I can make this diary better, I’d love to hear it. I’m still very new and experimenting with a lot of stuff. It’s a fun challenge.

Again, thank y’all so much. See you on SmackDown.

Pre-Show: David Hart Smith def. Dominik Dijakovic (9:46,
)

FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN

Friday, Week 4, May 2021

XL Center, Hartford, CT

So you think you can shoot your mouth off?

Well, you'd better watch your aim

Try to hide, but there's no way out

You're goin' down, you're goin' down!

(Bang bang!) Someone said you're feelin' brave tonight

(Step up!) Do you really wanna cross the line?

(Right now!) Go ahead and try to take what's mine

Let it roll, let it roll, I'm unstoppable

Let it roll, let it roll, I'm unstoppable

Let it roll, let it roll!

Cruiserweight Championship #1 Contender Match, 20 Minute Time Limit:

Aleister Black
vs
Drew Gulak
vs
Mustafa Ali
vs
Xavier Woods

All four Cruiserweight contenders look sharp enough to win the match, with momentum bouncing back and forth wildly. Black puts the boots to Gulak in a fun striking exchange early on before Woods and Ali go dive-for-dive to the outside. Gulak pulls Woods off the ropes, but Woods gets revenge with a Flatliner. Ali shoves Woods out of the way and goes for a 450 Splash on Gulak, but catches a boot to the face from Aleister Black and takes the pin. After the match, Gulak bickers with Woods while Ali and Black have an intense staredown.
(13:49,
)

We see the first of multiple promotional video packages on the evening, this one showing a recap of Seth Rollins and his commitment to The Vision, which still hasn't been fully explained. Michael Cole tells us that Strowman will team with Damian Priest to face Seth Rollins and Murphy later in the night, in preparation for Rollins vs Strowman at Judgment Day in two nights. And remember, new subscribers to the WWE Network get their first month for free, including access to WWE Judgment Day live on all your favorite devices.

Lucha House Party
vs
The Usos

Jimmy's wife Naomi helps the Usos here, and Jey pins Lince Dorado with a Superkick.
(12:22,
)

An interview between Samoa Joe and Shinsuke Nakamura plays. Nakamura switches between speaking full English sentences and speaking Japanese with subtitles. He says he's not upset that he lost the Intercontinental Championship. He's proud of young Humberto Carrillo for rising to the occasion. No matter what happens in their runback on Sunday, Nakamura wishes to work with Carrillo in a mentorship role in the future.

Asuka and Bianca Belair
vs
Charlotte Flair and Zelina Vega

Andrade "Cien" Almas accompanies his wife and legal representative to the ring, and wastes no time distracting the referee and causing trouble. He's sent to the back by Jessica Carr, but Charlotte is in great form, and makes Asuka tap out to the Figure Eight.
(11:20,
)

A second video package plays, this time highlighting the rivalry between WWE Women's Champion Rhea Ripley and UFC alumnus Shayna Baszler. The package puts over Baszler's dominance in the women's division over the last two months, and highlights Ripley's history of skillfuk wrestling against all kinds of opponents. In a pretaped promo, Ripley denies feeling any fear toward Baszler, but as she speaks, Baszler blindsides her and beats her down.

Braun Strowman and Damian Priest
vs
Seth Rollins and Murphy

Strowman and Priest put on a good show, flinging the smaller men around the ring for several minutes. Rollins gets the opportunity to Curb Stomp Priest, but it goes by the boards as Strowman punches him in the spine and flattens Murphy with a Powerslam.
(12:25,
)

Mustafa Ali confronts Aleister Black backstage. Ali is upset that Black stared him down after the four-way earlier tonight. Black retorts that Ali shouldn't have gotten pinned if he didn't want to lose his opportunity. Ali says that justice will be done to Black.

John Morrison
vs
Montez Ford

In preparation for their Tag Team Championship match on Sunday, Ford and Morrison scrimmage against each other, and Miz's attempts to interfere all fail as Montez pins the challenger.
(10:10,
)

A defeated Asuka passes by Bayley in the back.

BAYLEY:
Why do you bother?

ASUKA:
...what?

BAYLEY:
Why do you get involved in other people's business? You didn't look good out there tonight. You tried to defend the honor of Bianca. Isn't that her job? Maybe her husband's job? It's not yours. Let me give you some advice. The more time you spend trying to fix other people's problems, the more problems you're going to make for yourself.

Asuka squints at Bayley, unsure why she's saying this, but Bayley walks away without further explanation.

Trios Match, 20 Minute Time Limit:

Wild Horses
(Bryan, Lee, and McIntyre) vs
HELIX
(Styles, Lashley, and MVP)

The newly christened "Wild Horses" trio of Bryan, Lee, and McIntyre, as Lee named them on social media during the week, all have a great night between the ropes. Styles does a good enough job keeping the HELIX representatives on pace. Ultimately, it's Daniel Bryan who puts in the star performance, making MVP tap out to the Yes! Lock.
(16:51,
)

HEYMAN:
Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Paul Heyman...

Coming out of the show's final commercial break, Paul Heyman introduces the Connecticut fans to Roman Reigns. As Heyman and Reigns enter the ring and sit at the contract signing table, Finn Bálor makes his entrance to a mighty cheer. Wordlessly, Roman Reigns opens the contract, signs it, and passes it to Bálor, who does the same before picking up one of the two microphones laid on the table.

BÁLOR:
It's nice to finally see you face to face, Roman.

REIGNS:
Likewise.

BÁLOR:
We haven't met like this since you screwed me out of the WWE Championship, is that right?

REIGNS:
Since I beat you, you mean.

BÁLOR:
Since your baby cousins kicked me in the head during that match, and since they kicked me in the head last Monday, because you can't fight your battles on your own.

Reigns tilts his head in faux-outrage.

REIGNS:
Mr. Bálor, I take offense to that!

BÁLOR:
Good! I hope you do. And I hope you show up on your own on Sunday, and fight me like a man instead of hiding like a child.

REIGNS:
Finn, let's make something perfectly clear. You didn't lose because of Jimmy, or Jey, or Naomi, or Paul, or even because of Roman Reigns. No, no; you lost because you aren't good enough. And I know that's hard for you to understand. When you go down to Orlando, everybody
loves
Finn Bálor. And they love you in Japan. And Ireland. And I'm sure on Sunday night in Philadelphia, they'll love you too. And for some reason, people in this business think that success is based on who gets the most love.

Let me tell you what success means to me, Finn. Success means control. Success means dominance. Success means unquestionable, indisputable tyranny. You were the first Universal Champion. I was the last one. There's a big difference between those two things. The difference is, you had to give up your title after twenty-four hours because you had a boo-boo, and I have been undefeated for...Paul?

HEYMAN:
Seventeen months.

REIGNS:
Seventeen months. Now, I don't know if the calendar in Ireland is the same as it is in America, but if you want a different scale, I'm on a thirty-nine match unbeaten streak. And forty is a nice sounding number. Lucky for me, you've signed this contract here. So it looks like I'll be getting to that number sooner than later.

BÁLOR:
Roman, I'm not here because people like me. I'm here because I stomp people's chests in. Just like I did to your little cousins. Just like I'm gonna do to you. And if you want to get Jimmy and Jey involved on Sunday, I have no problem making it a family affair. But look into my eyes, Roman. Look at me. You are looking at a man you cannot beat. You knew you needed to rely on outside help to get the win over me in the tournament, because you knew that you were going to be exposed. If the Usos hadn't interfered in that match, I would be the WWE Champion right now.

REIGNS:
Then they won't be there on Sunday. Is that what you want? You want them gone? They'll stay home. I'll make sure of it. And when you lose, it's over. You don't get another chance.

BÁLOR:
I'm not gonna need another chance.

Jimmy and Jey Uso crawl out from under the ring, and position themselves behind the chair of Finn Bálor. The noise of the crowd tips Bálor off, and he ducks the Superkicks aimed at the back of his head. Bálor hits a Pelé Kick on Jimmy, who stumbles backwards into Jey and falls out of the ring. Roman jumps the table and starts to beat down on Bálor. Jey joins in, and Roman pushes the table toward the corner turnbuckle. Jey hold Bálor up to prepare him for a Spear, but Bálor ducks and Reigns hits Jey by mistake. Reigns is left alone in the ring with Bálor, who quickly takes him down with a Slingblade. With the Usos out of the picture, Bálor climbs the ropes and delivers a Coup De Grâce to the chest of Reigns, who comes up coughing and clutching his ribs. But after weeks of getting picked on by the Roman Empire, Bálor doesn't stop there, rolling Reigns onto the table and delivering a second Coup De Grâce that plunges Reigns through. A broken Reigns crawls out of the ring, and Bálor chucks the title belt at him as SmackDown comes to a close.

SHOW RATING:

WWE MAIN EVENT

Friday, Week 4, May 2021

XL Center, Hartford, CT

Elias
def.
Bobby Fish
(10:18,
)

Mickie James and Ruby Riott
def.
Natalya and Peyton Royce
(10:12,
)

King Corbin
def.
R-Truth
(8:23,
)

Roderick Strong
def.
Santos Escobar
(11:56,
)

WWE JUDGMENT DAY 2021 PREDICTIONS

Sunday, Week 4, May 2021

Okay, some updates on the prediction game. The game shall last three in-game months, and after that's completed, the person who has the best score will be given a Super Secret Special Prize. Perhaps you'll get some information about what this prize entails. Perhaps not. Only one way to find out. In addition, pay-per-view matches and championship matches will be worth two points each, so Judgment Day will have a big impact on your score. I hope you're ready for the challenge.

WWE Championship:
Roman Reigns © vs Finn Bálor

Women's Championship:
Rhea Ripley © vs Shayna Baszler

Intercontinental Championship:
Humberto Carrillo © vs Shinsuke Nakamura

Tag Team Championships:
The Street Profits © vs The Miz and John Morrison

Cruiserweight Championship:
Ricochet © vs Aleister Black

Singles Match:
Bobby Lashley vs Keith Lee

Tag Team Match:
Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn vs Rated-RKO

Singles Match:
Braun Strowman vs Seth Rollins

Tag Team Match:
AJ Styles and Jeff Hardy vs Daniel Bryan and Drew McIntyre

One Point Bonus:
Which wrestler will have the highest performance rating?

<p>WWE Championship: <strong>Roman Reigns</strong> © vs Finn Bálor</p><p> </p><p>

Women's Championship: <strong>Rhea Ripley</strong> © vs Shayna Baszler</p><p> </p><p>

Intercontinental Championship: <strong>Humberto Carrillo</strong> © vs Shinsuke Nakamura</p><p> </p><p>

Tag Team Championships: The Street Profits © vs <strong>The Miz and John Morrison</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Cruiserweight Championship: <strong>Ricochet</strong> © vs Aleister Black</p><p> </p><p>

Singles Match: <strong>Bobby Lashley</strong> vs Keith Lee</p><p> </p><p>

Tag Team Match: Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn vs <strong>Rated-RKO</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p>

Singles Match: <strong>Braun Strowman</strong> vs Seth Rollins</p><p> </p><p>

Tag Team Match: <strong>AJ Styles and Jeff Hardy</strong> vs Daniel Bryan and Drew McIntyre</p><p> </p><p>

One Point Bonus: Which wrestler will have the highest performance rating? <strong>Daniel Bryan</strong></p>

WWE Championship: Roman Reigns © vs Finn Bálor

Women's Championship: Rhea Ripley © vs Shayna Baszler

Intercontinental Championship: Humberto Carrillo © vs Shinsuke Nakamura

Tag Team Championships: The Street Profits © vs The Miz and John Morrison

Cruiserweight Championship: Ricochet © vs Aleister Black

Singles Match: Bobby Lashley vs Keith Lee

Tag Team Match: Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn vs Rated-RKO

Singles Match: Braun Strowman vs Seth Rollins

Tag Team Match: AJ Styles and Jeff Hardy vs Daniel Bryan and Drew McIntyre

One Point Bonus: Which wrestler will have the highest performance rating? Roman Reigns

One Point Bonus: Which wrestler will have the highest performance rating? Roman Reigns

One Point Bonus: Which wrestler will have the highest performance rating? Finn Bálor

WWE JUDGEMENT DAY 2021: PRESHOW

Sunday, Week 4, May 2021

Wells-Fargo Arena, Philadelphia, PA

Pat McAfee, Michael Cole, and Booker T form the preshow panel for Judgment Day. Throughout the hour, which is broadcast free on the USA Network, the panel speaks to Sheamus, Bianca Belair, and Damian Priest. They also broadcast three free matches, called by commentators Corey Graves, Samoa Joe, and special guest Mauro Ranallo, who expresses excitement to watch the NXT Tag Team Champions, The Midnight Riders, defend their titles against Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode.

Rey Mysterio
def.
Santos Escobar
(10:06,
)

Noam Dar
def.
Gran Metalik
(10:06,
)

NXT Tag Team Championships:
The Midnight Riders
© def.
Dirty Dawgs
(10:41,
)

"In that day this song will be sung in the land of Judah:

Trust in the Lord forever,

for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.

He humbles those who dwell on high,

he lays the lofty city low;

he levels it to the ground

and casts it down to the dust.

Feet trample it down—

the feet of the oppressed,

the footsteps of the poor.

When your judgments come upon the earth,

the people of the world learn righteousness.

But when grace is shown to the wicked,

they do not learn righteousness;

even in a land of uprightness they go on doing evil

and do not regard the majesty of the Lord.

Lord, your hand is lifted high,

but they do not see it.

Let them see your zeal for your people and be put to shame;

let the fire reserved for your enemies consume them.

See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling

to punish the people of the earth for their sins.

The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;

the earth will conceal its slain no longer."

—Isaiah 26

And now, live from the sold-out Wells Fargo Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania,
Blackfox Entertainment
proudly presents...

WWE JUDGEMENT DAY 2021

Sunday, Week 4, May 2021

A fiery Philadelphia crowd makes plenty of noise as Mauro Ranallo welcomes the WWE Network viewers to Judgment Day 2021. Nine matches make up the main card this evening, including the highly-anticipated Intercontinental Championship rematch between Humberto Carrillo and Shinsuke Nakamura, a grudge match between Rhea Ripley and Shayna Baszler for the Women's Championship, and in our main event, Finn Bálor's attempt to take the WWE Championship from Roman Reigns. But to kick things off, we'll see the first of three matches featuring HELIX, the all-star faction founded by Randy Orton.

AJ Styles and Jeff Hardy
vs
Daniel Bryan and Drew McIntyre

Daniel Bryan enters the arena first to a massive ovation, and the crowd's wish for his success is granted as he makes a sluggish Jeff Hardy tap out with the Yes Lock.
(9:32,
)

Braun Strowman
vs
Seth Rollins
(w/ Murphy)

Murphy is still nervous about working with Seth Rollins, but as Strowman prepares for the finishing touches, Murphy's instincts kick in. He distracts the referee for just long enough for Rollins to hit Strowman between the legs. One Curb Stomp puts the big man away, and Rollins kisses a clearly uncomfortable Murphy on the cheek after the match.
(9:09,
)

Backstage, Ricochet waits for his Cruiserweight Championship defense. As he taps his foot on the floor, Aleister Black meets him in Gorilla position.

BLACK:
It's been a while.

RICOCHET:
It has.

BLACK:
How've you been?

RICOCHET
I'm alright. Lot of pressure with this belt. Are you sure you want it?

BLACK:
I guess we'll find out.

Black smirks at his former tag team partner. They shake hands, and Black leaves to prepare for his theatrical ring entrance.

Singles Match, 60 Minute Time Limit, for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship:

Ricochet
©
vs
Aleister Black

These competitors know each other well, and it shows, as they duck and dodge each other's offense in the early going. The match lacks a bit of heat due to the weak build, but the champion and challenger still put forward a good showing for the time they get. Black gets an opportunity for the Black Mass, but Ricochet ducks and cracks Black with an enzuigiri. Ricochet finishes Black with a 630 Senton, and helps his former tag team partner up after the match in a show of good sportsmanship, which is always nice to see.
(12:37,
)

Singles Match, 60 Minute Time Limit, for the WWE Intercontinental Championship:

Humberto Carrillo
©
vs
Shinsuke Nakamura

Carrillo has been a hot commodity since his shocking victory on SmackDown, but he enters the match as an underdog to retain. The veteran Nakamura has clearly learned from their previous matchup, and despite still being outpaced, uses his wits to keep Carrillo on the back foot. However, a top-rope maneuver from Carrillo clips referee Mike Chioda, and Andrade "Cien" Almas takes the opportunity to attack Nakamura in a manner reminiscent of their scrap at Backlash: Rewired a month ago. He scampers away just as a new referee hits the ring, and one Moonsault later, Carrillo retains his championship.
(15:57,
)

WWE Judgment Day 2021 is brought to you by the good people at Pixar. Finding Nemo 3: He's Bright Orange, How Did You Lose Him Again? hits theaters this Friday.

Singles Match, 60 Minute Time Limit, for the WWE Women's Championship:

Rhea Ripley
©
vs
Shayna Baszler

This match is an absolute showcase of both competitors. Ripley and Baszler tear into each other in a fast-paced bout with very little downtime. Baszler's failure to cleanly lock in a Rear-Naked Choke cost her, as Ripley is just too quick for Baszler to keep her down. Ripley wins via pinfall after a Riptide in the middle of the ring, and the cameras catch Baszler seething with rage as she recovers on the outside.
(12:32,
)

Backstage, Jeremy Borash is being pushed around by Noam Dar and Drew Gulak.

DAR:
Get the camera on us! Come on, photo boy! Look at us. Are you people even watching this show? Are you not sick to your stomach at the garbage that is being shoveled into your television sets?

GULAK:
"Oh, Ricochet did a flip! Humberto did a spin! What great heroes these men are!" But you don't believe that. You know who the true heroes are: the masters of the mat, the saviors of the squared circle, el conquistadores del cachascán. We are the Anti-Air Force. And we call on all those who support real wrestling to make your voices heard.

Tag Team Match, 60 Minute Time Limit, for the WWE Tag Team Championships:

The Street Profits
©
vs
John Morrison and The Miz

Despite continuous efforts from Morrison and The Miz to cheat at every possible opportunity, they're clearly outclassed by the younger men. Angelo Dawkins debuts a new finisher, an Abdominal Stretch, and Johnny Drip Drip begs for mercy.
(12:35,
)

Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn
vs
Rated-RKO

Rated-RKO turn back the clock against their Wild Horses adversaries in this match, and Orton shines as a sadistic heel, picking apart Sami Zayn. Owens gets into deep trouble in the HELIX corner, and when he finally does escape, Zayn is still too worn down to stop Edge from Spearing his ribs in to pick up the victory.
(14:55,
)

Bobby Lashley
(w/ MVP)
vs
Keith Lee

The HELIX vs Wild Horses rubber match is all muscle. Bobby Lashley is used to throwing people around, but he struggles against Keith Lee, failing to dominate him. With no backup plan, Lee uses his superior athleticism to outwork Lashley and pin him with a Spirit Bomb.
(12:16,
)

Tomorrow night on the USA Network, Monday Night RAW returns with the aftermath of the WWE Championship contest between Roman Reigns and Finn Bálor. Plus, after forcing him to submit earlier tonight, Daniel Bryan will take on Jeff Hardy. We'll also hear from HELIX leader Randy Orton, getting his reaction to his team losing two out of their three matches.

And on Independence Day weekend, all eyes will be on the Show-Me State. In one month's time, WWE heads to the Enterprise Center in St. Louis, Missouri for WWE's Great American Bash. WWE Network subscribers will get full access to the pay per view at no extra charge.

Singles Match, 60 Minute Time Limit, for the WWE Championship:

Roman Reigns
©
vs
Finn Bálor

With no interference and no shenanigans, the main event is a thriller. The best match of the Blackfox Era so far, Bálor takes devastating punishment but refuses to stay down. Bálor attempts a Coup De Grâce, but Reigns rolls to the turnbuckle and catches the Prince with a Superman Punch for a near-fall. That would be Bálor's best opportunity of the match, as a Slingblade attempt would be turned into a Spear to definitively end Bálor's championship hopes.
(19:27,
)

At the end of the show, Bálor gets to his feet and offers Reigns a handshake. Reigns accepts, grasping Bálor's hand before whipping him into the ropes and cracking him with one more Spear for the road.

SHOW RATING:

NEWS N NOTES

Monday, Week One, June 2021

Welcome to News N Notes, your source for news n notes from around the wrestling world.

WWE's Judgment Day pay-per-view was a success, drawing higher than expected numbers to the WWE Network, according to multiple sources. This comes after reports of sluggish TV ratings and live event attendance. From what we understand, the Blackfox group is committed to their "rebuilding" plans, and they're planning several NXT callups in the coming months to freshen up the product.

WWE officials have also leaked to the media that there will be at least one "surprise return" on RAW tonight in the aftermath of Judgment Day. We assume these reports are reliable and not false advertising, but it's WWE, so who knows.

In a shocker at AAA, 53 year old Blue Demon Jr. took the Mega Championship from Kenny Omega after a surprise appearance from "Hangman" Adam Page, who lost his AEW Championship match on Saturday night at Double Or Nothing. Insiders have been quoted as saying "WHAT?" and "WHAT!!!???!?!?!!?"

PREDICTIONS

RAW/Underground, Week 1, June 2021

All five champions retained at Judgment Day, which means we'll need five new challengers. Let's see who will start the fresh month with a W.

RAW:
Aleister Black vs King Corbin

RAW:
Bobby Lashley vs Sheamus

RAW:
Daniel Bryan vs Jeff Hardy

RAW:
For DOUBLE POINTS, who will make a surprise return on tonight's RAW? You can say 'nobody' if you think there is press shenanigans happening.

UG:
Akira Tozawa vs Dio Maddin

RAW: Aleister Black vs King Corbin

RAW: Bobby Lashley vs Sheamus

RAW: Daniel Bryan vs Jeff Hardy

RAW: For DOUBLE POINTS, who will make a surprise return on tonight's RAW? You can say 'nobody' if you think there is press shenanigans happening. John Cena!

UG: Akira Tozawa vs Dio Maddin

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update, just to make sure you all know I'm still here. Monday Night Raw will be posted on or around September 3, with SmackDown to follow shortly thereafter. I have a week off around then, so I'll probably have a few shows coming out back to back. It's been a busy time for us at the Blackfox household, with my mother going into surgery soon, but I haven't forgotten about you wonderful people. Hope everyone is doing well.

EDIT: "On or around September 3" is relative.