What are the weight classes?

I always use the following guideline: Very Small (up to 125 lbs.) Small (126-170 lbs.) Lightweight (171-220 lbs.) Middleweight (221-250 lbs.) Heavyweight (251-280 lbs.) Large Heavyweight (281-350 lbs.) Super Heavyweight (351-450 lbs.) Giant (451 lbs. and higher)

Remember that the weights are there primarily for use with moves. Find some of the moves that can only be done of someone "of the same size or smaller", and imagine this worker doing them on someone else you've classified a middleweight, and someone else you've classified as a heavyweight. If he could do all of them on a heavyweight then you can put him in that category without too many problems. From your Shelton example though, I'd say he's probably a middleweight.

The scale and system itself worked very well. Some people just had the wrong weight. Diva Weight: 100-149 Cruiserweight: 150-199 Light Heavyweight: 200-239 Heavyweight: 240-279 Super Heavyweight: 280-400 Since Wrestling Spirit has more sizes, I'd go with something like this. I'll use WWE wrestlers for examples and I checked their weights (non-billed) at ObsessedWithWrestling.com Very Small: 80-119 (Maria) Small: 120-159 (Rey Mysterio, Trish Stratus, Melina) Lightweight: 160-199 (Brian Kendrick, Super Crazy, Gregory Helms) Middleweight: 200-239 (Rob Van Dam, Chris Benoit, Chavo Guerrero) Heavyweight: 240-279 (Shelton Benjamin, Triple H, Bobby Lashley) Large Heavyweight: 280-319 (JBL, Gene Snitsky, Batista) Super Heavyweight: 320-359 (Umaga, Undertaker, Kane) Giant: 360+ (The Great Khali, Big Show, Mark Henry)

[QUOTE=The Humanoid Typhoon]... Very Small: 80-119 (Maria) Small: 120-159 (Rey Mysterio, Trish Stratus, Melina) Lightweight: 160-199 (Brian Kendrick, Super Crazy, Gregory Helms) Middleweight: 200-239 (Rob Van Dam, Chris Benoit, Chavo Guerrero) Heavyweight: 240-279 (Shelton Benjamin, Triple H, Bobby Lashley) Large Heavyweight: 280-319 (JBL, Gene Snitsky, Batista) Super Heavyweight: 320-359 (Umaga, Undertaker, Kane) Giant: 360+ (The Great Khali, Big Show, Mark Henry)[/QUOTE] While it is all pretty much relative, I do not feel someone like Ric Flair or Nick Bockwinkel (around 240-ish) were Heavyweights - as far as WreSpi/TEW goes. I've always used a scale somewhat akin to PWNED!: Very Small - limited to midgets, as its the only way to give them their own class Small (120-170 lbs.) Lightweight (171-220 lbs.) Middleweight (221-270 lbs.) Heavyweight (271-300 lbs.) Large Heavyweight (301-350 lbs.) Super Heavyweight (351-450 lbs.) Giant (451 lbs. and higher)

Re: Giants Remember, the Cornellverse only has two giants -- Bruce and Marat Khoklov, both of whom are listed at over 7 feet and 600 pounds. Given that both Mammoth and Scheming Behemoth are described as weighing 460, yet are only Super Heavyweights, I think it's safe to say that the cutoff for the Giant designation is above 450 (500, maybe?). Of course, maybe it's as much a matter of strength as of bulk -- it's explicitly stated that Behemoth's not a great worker, while a lot of Mammoth's weight comes not from training but from having eaten all the pies. To me, a guy's not a heavyweight until his size is unusual for his promotion. Guys like Flair, Benjamin, et al. (in the 240-250 range) are middleweights to me -- of average size in the context of the promotion for which they work. Not flat-out brawlers, either -- they have some mobility. If you put them in the ring with a big hoss-type guy, you want them to use that as a strategy; you don't want them going toe-to-toe as if they were the same size. Hence, middleweights. Now, you take a guy the same size, put him in Mexico or a more high-flying-oriented Japanese promotion, maybe he's a heavyweight. He's bigger than most of his opponents, and probably gets by on strength more than speed -- giving him the size advantage becomes important so that he functions properly in the game. At least that's the way I'd manage it. And I guess it doesn't take into account what happens if Flair signs with a lucha promotion. But why would he do that anyway?

[QUOTE=The Humanoid Typhoon]I love that weight system. Works perfectly for me.[/QUOTE] The weight system they have works as it supposed to true but they need a more move by move basis instead of you can't do ANY move that requires lifting on anything above two weight classes higher. I can't remember if it's in SvR or in 06 but there were a few guys (Eddie, HBK and Rey if I remember correctly) that because of the weight class they are in (which is correct for their weight and size) they couldn't lift guys who were Small enough that in real life they could and have lifted. So even though Eddie or HBK should be able to suplex or back suplex a guy in real life they can't in game because the other guy is just big enough to be two classes ahead. I can't remember the exact guys I had the problems with, I seem to remember Booker T being one of the guys who I couldn't do a lifting move to and really pointed out the flaw in the system to me. Also the overhead slam thing for rumbles, in the first SvR only the super heavies could do it to people more then two weight classes lower? Instead it should have been anyone could do it to people 2 weight classes lower (can't remember if it's like that in 06 or not). But even then sometiems it doesn't make sense that certain guys couldn't do it to some people. [QUOTE=PWNED!]Meh, at least it's not as atrocious as the one in HCTP in which [B]Bubba Ray Dudley[/B] was a lightweight.[/QUOTE] Yeah that was a major over site in that one, i think HCTP had a few that were way wrong for weight class.

[QUOTE=The Humanoid Typhoon]Ric Flair's a heavyweight. His inability to lift heavier opponents was due to his back injury from a plane crash in the 70's.[/QUOTE] Flair would definitely not be a heavyweight in this game. You can't just look at it as him being able to lift other workers, it's also other workers lifting him. If you set him as a heavyweight then all the middleweight workers will not be able to do moves like Vertical Suplexes on him, which clearly is wrong as Flair is extremely easy to throw around. As I said earlier, Middleweight is basically "Bret Hart" size, and Flair certainly falls into that category.

Archived