Organic Bios or Written Bios?

Organic Bios or Written Bios?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Organic Bios or Written Bios?

• Organic Bios
    • Written Bios

What's your preferred type of bio for a worker in TEW?

ORGANIC

+ Self-updating

+ Neat overview of key information, job history, relationships, teams, etc

- Omits any semblance of personality

- Not really any depth, no accomplishments etc

WRITTEN

+ Allows for a lot more detail

+ Can get across a worker's personality

- Gets very out of date very quickly

- Loads of work

I get why you'd wanna do organic. Heck, I've been forced to do that a lot for my mods. But nothing beats a well written out bio. Those can be so damn cool, and convince me to book a certain worker at times.

As I'm new to C-Verse, I can totally relate. Actually I'm having a hard time right now firing workers because I've read their stories and know how (long) they are connected to my company etc.

I’m become more and more leaning towards organic just due to the sheer amount of stuff included. You get to see the work of doing job history, tag teams, end of the year awards and dojo graduates from it. Just makes all the small details feel worth it. As I create this new mod, I’m just like eh on written bios, and pretty lazy but mostly I’m More and more organic leaning

I prefer organic. For all of the reasons the poster above me said. It gives me the info I want to know, it’s clean, and everything is uniform. It’s also nice that it will update with current championship reigns and the like. Plus, how out of date written bios get take me out of immersion.

For fictional mods written all the way. I don't know those people there so some backstory is very fine.

For real world mods I don't mind organic bios since mostly I know those people and if I don't I can find some information on them. Of course I prefer written but it is not must for me.

Organic in real world mods as you can find out info for a worker in real life if you want online. Seeing a guy/girl in 1994 have things relating to 2010 in their bio takes you right out of the game.

That being said, fantasy mods are better with custom written bios.

Seeing a guy/girl in 1994 have things relating to 2010 in their bio takes you right out of the game.

Personally, I prefer written bios because you can make them more individual and add things that an organic bio simply doesn't add. However, like Fleisch says, seeing "future" details in a bio is a huge pet peeve for me. I can deal with bios becoming out-of-date but when they refer to something that hasn't happened yet and most possibly won't happen in the world you're creating, I can't abide it. It's pure laziness on the modification makers part in my opinion.

I tried organic bios once and wondered why anyone would ever do that. The written bios, particularly in the Tverse, are what give the entire world depth imo. And sometimes you find out about someone from another worker's bio, honestly one of my favorite aspects.

I think that’s the problem with doing written biographies for workers in real world mods, because while it’s easy to provide bios for a created world where all the workers are people you created, for the real world you have to find as much information as you can and it has to be updated if something in the real world happens. It feels like a lot of research and maintenance would have to go in to make written bios work in real world mods

I think that’s the problem with doing written biographies for workers in real world mods, because while it’s easy to provide bios for a created world where all the workers are people you created, for the real world you have to find as much information as you can and it has to be updated if something in the real world happens. It feels like a lot of research and maintenance would have to go in to make written bios work in real world mods

And there is also alot of redundant & necessary information in IRL mods. The only ones where it is beneficial, is wrestlers without detailed Wiki pages and these are workers least likely to get a proper written biography