Difficulty finishing matches, possible suggestion

I've tried the demo twice over and it's pretty cool. my only problem is finishing matches. My finishers don't show up when I have full momentum and all my opponents meters are down. I was using Joey Minnesota. One match they did show up and I won. All the others xepct one (which I got creamed in) I was dominating and they wouldn't show and a gazillion body suplexes couldn't get a pin and STFs couldn't get a tap so I lost because they'd hit some big move out of nowhere after I'd countered it several times before and match over. I know that empire spiral is standing and the other one is top rope, but it doesn't show. So my problem is that I can't use the finisher when needed and it makes sense so I keep losing. ====== The one month of game time is hardly enough to see how the new league thing plays out, but I like the concept. One tihng I tihnk would be a good edition to both this and TEW in future versions would be tying the two together. For example I had a diary on a different site where I'd go maybe 9 months of the year like regular wrestling. then I'd have a tournament where I'd invite the best from around the world (the first two or three times there weren't many takers so it was pretty much just my fed, bt it picked up) into a tournament to crown a world grand champion. based on W/L, # titles won, value of titles won, # title matches (including lost ones as champ or challeneger), # successul titles defences, and so on and you'd set up a tournament with those holding titles getting bye entry into various levels of the tourney (so the titles are still worth something). You could skip the bye thing if it's too hard to put in given that the number of people earining one would constantly change, but I think mixing the two formats would be cool as well as allowing interpormotional tourneys.

[quote]I've tried the demo twice over and it's pretty cool. my only problem is finishing matches. My finishers don't show up when I have full momentum and all my opponents meters are down.[/quote] Make sure their "Current Energy" is at "Danger" and that "The Following options are available" is onto "All Levels" or "Finisher"(Finisher when they are stunned. Make sure they are stunned to beside "Status") [quote]The one month of game time is hardly enough to see how the new league thing plays out, but I like the concept. One tihng I tihnk would be a good edition to both this and TEW in future versions would be tying the two together. For example I had a diary on a different site where I'd go maybe 9 months of the year like regular wrestling. then I'd have a tournament where I'd invite the best from around the world (the first two or three times there weren't many takers so it was pretty much just my fed, bt it picked up) into a tournament to crown a world grand champion.[/quote] Good idea, I think the mixture of both has been suggested before but that would just take way too much work and it'd be way too slow. There's also a bunch of faults that have been pointed out over a mixture of the two. I do find one month not enough to fully play League mode, to. But he can't let us do more then that because it wouldn't be much of a demo. One month isn't a whole season, but it's good enough to get an idea on what it is.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]Dwight is correct, it sounds like you have forgotten to get them Stunned first.[/QUOTE] I didn't pay attention to that before, but even now, I've tried it when they are both stunned and vulnerable and it's not there. And they do there finishers when I stil have lots of life and momentum.

I really doubt something as basic as that is a bug, we've played thousands of matches during testing - this would have showed. First check the obvious; that you've correctly saved them to your move set (click on the worker's picture, make sure they are in the move set list at the bottom) and that you're in the correct position (Empire Spiral is from behind if I remember correctly).

[QUOTE=liontamer] And they do there finishers when I stil have lots of life and momentum.[/QUOTE] Please check the help file. Momentum has zero to do with whether they can attempt finishers. As long as you're in Danger, they can start doing finisher level moves.

[QUOTE=Nutlaw]From what I can tell, there is no way to view a wrestler's size from within the screens available when playing out a match. A display of this information might help solve some confusion.[/QUOTE] I've noticed this as well. Would be handy if this can be added in the final release?

Archived