Shane McMahon's IMPACT: The Dark Horse

Shane McMahon's IMPACT: The Dark Horse

Disclaimer: The setting in this world will take on a more fictional tone, which will explain the actions of some characters in this story. With that being said, I hope you all enjoy what I have in store.

"A business executive by day, notorious daredevil by night. This is quite the identity I've built for myself." Shane McMahon mused as he looked at the television screen that saw him face off against Steve Blackman at SummerSlam 2000.

"I'd like to do more on the wrestling executive side of things though." He added as he thought of the declining ratings of the WWE.

Shane, for the most part, has kept himself busy with a lot of business ventures, but none of those businesses involved his first love-- professional wrestling. He accepted the situation though, even if he wanted to do more for the family business. Shane trusts his sister and brother-in-law to do well once they're put at the helm of the company.

As for him? Maybe he'll enjoy the occasional WWE Matches, and keep himself occupied with his various businesses.

Or at least, that's what he thought.

*Phone Rings*

"Who the hell would call at two in the morning?" Shane shook his head before picking up his phone. As the lone McMahon son picked his phone up, the initial irritation he felt turned to curiosity. The caller ID read "Mark Cuban."

"Hey Shane, you know how billionaires just randomly think about things to do and go on to do it because they have money to spare? I just had that moment."

Shane, confused at the words uttered by the Dallas Mavericks owner stayed silent, and Cuban took this as his hint to continue.

"Remember when we had that talk in Shandong? 2011, if I remembered correctly." Cuban said, making Shane think back to the conversation he shared with the billionaire almost a decade ago. It was back when Shane had just left the WWE, a year to be exact. The reasons for his departure are well-documented. Vince McMahon didn't see him as the heir to the throne, his ideas are pushed to the side, his business plans ignored by his father--including a plan to purchase the UFC, which was still growing by 2009.

"Yes, I think I do, Mark. Are you going to say what I think you're going to say?" Shane responded.

Cuban laughed on his end on the line before saying, "Yes I am, Shane-O. I have bought IMPACT, and you, my good friend, will be key to this acquisition. I am offering you an opportunity to control the day-to-day operations of wrestling's dark horse."

Shane, who was initially curious about what the billionaire had to say, sighed. "IMPACT? Mark, I don't think that's a good idea. That company has been down in the sewers for the last decade."

"It's not going to be as ridiculous once I fill you in, Shane. You're in Dallas right now, right? Come by my office tomorrow, we'll talk about this. You know damn well I won't buy something if it won't make money." Cuban said, and Shane had to concede to that fact. Mark Cuban is smart, maybe there was something new with IMPACT that convinced him to take it.

The following day - Mark Cuban's Office Dallas, TX

Shane opened the door to Cuban's office, already bracing himself with what the billionaire had to say. As he step his foot inside the office, Shane saw that Cuban had several people in the office, and these weren't the people he was expecting to see.

In the couches to the left and right of Mark Cuban were wrestling legends Mike Rotunda and Kenta Kobashi, present wrestling stars such as Mike's son Windham, better known as Bray Wyatt, and Buddy Murphy, who now goes by Buddy Matthews. On the far right was an imposing figure, who Shane took a while to acknowledge. It was New Japan dojo's rogue trainee, Jeff Andrews, who left the dojo and wrestled in the American independent circuit. Shane didn't quite understand why the guy did that, and also, why he was in the room, to begin with, but he shut those thoughts in the meantime.

"Welcome, Shane!" Cuban greeted, as he stood up from his seat and went to shake Shane's hand, before signaling the younger McMahon to take the empty seat next to Kobashi, who flashed Shane with a smile.

"No offense to you guys," Shane paused as he addressed the wrestling personalities in the room, "but, why are they in the meeting, Mark?" He asked.

"Well, I thought you already could guess. These are the newest signings to IMPACT, and they are going to be your top guys. I figured you all should be here so that I can discuss with you the things I want to happen in this business." Cuban reasoned.

"I'd hate to bum you out, but I haven't accepted your proposal just yet, Mark," Shane said, and Cuban just flashed him with a smile.

"Oh, you will accept this proposal, Shane. Remember Shandong? We are going to take this business by storm. AEW and WWE may think they're going to dominate America by themselves, we are going to shake that foundation, and this is where you come in." Cuban said.

"I do see how signing these guys can boost IMPACT, but that's hardly going to be a game-changer, Mark. IMPACT, as it is, is the 4th biggest company in America, but the gap between them and the other three is wide." Shane argued at the billionaire.

"Well, I told the man the same thing Shane, but he did show us something that convinced us that we're going somewhere." Mike Rotunda piped in, causing Shane to look in his direction and gave him a look that urged him to elaborate.

"It's better to get it from the man himself," Rotunda said.

Cuban laid out a couple of folders on his desk before proceeding to speak. "Shane, take a look at these folders. After you read what's inside these folders, ask me any questions you have in mind."

Shane then took the folders and started to read the contents. It took him roughly 3/4ths of an hour, but he finished reading the documents presented. He then had an incredulous look that he sent to Cuban.

Cuban, on his end, fought the urge to give his signature grin. Instead, he faced the other people in the room, and signaled them to leave, and give him and Shane privacy. He was just done talking to them anyways.

"Well, Shane?" Cuban asked.

"Is this for real?" Shane asked back, still not believing what he just read.

"It is for real Shane. I am injecting 25 Million to IMPACT, spent about 10 in improving our broadcasting coverage. For the rest? You have the free reign to do what you want, as long as I approve of it from a business standpoint. You'll have to take the role of the owner of IMPACT in front of the cameras, though. I have enough press breathing down my neck already. I'd like to think that it is a favorable deal, is it not?" Cuban said.

"Well, I'll be damned. You really did it. And... how did you even get this guy to sign?" Shane asked, pointing to one of the pages in the folder, that indicated a signed contract between IMPACT and one of the biggest stars in Professional Wrestling.

Shane shook his head at the ridiculousness of what he witnessed in the past hour and a half. Mark Cuban had just invested in pro wrestling, and in the sneakiest way possible.

"A couple of promises will always make a guy say yes. It worked with Dirk Nowitzki. But going back to what we're here for, are you up for the task?" Cuban asked.

Shane stared at Cuban, who expectantly put his hand out, obviously urging him to shake it. He just couldn't believe what had just happened. One moment, he was lamenting over his life in wrestling, and now? Fate just put him in one hell of a twist.

This was just too good to decline. He isn't going to waste this big opportunity to prove his family wrong. Shane McMahon is the business' biggest visionary, and everyone will eventually acknowledge that as fact.

"I accept," Shane said, and then went to shake Cuban's hand.

Cuban then presented Shane with a contract, which he signed after reading the contents of the contract. Shane then returned the paper to Cuban, who gave him a smile in return.

"I can see the headlines in a couple of years. Shane McMahon, the Dark Horse who ushered in a new age of wrestling, and Mark Cuban, the orchestrator of the paradigm shift. Sounds good, doesn't it?" Cuban cheekily said.

End of Prologue

--

Well, that's it for the prologue. I admit, I did cringe for a bit while writing this piece, but I know that it will be better in time. For those who may be curious why this series is happening, I am basically using the dynasty forum to help hone my writing skills, and with that, expect write-ups like these in the upcoming chapters. I am not that good with adding in pictures, however, so that will be a work in progress. Anyways, I am excited about this series. With WWE recording its highest profits, but lowest ratings, and AEW at its' highest momentum-wise with the signing of CM Punk, how will the appearance of a third major player affect the tide? This is bound to get interesting in the next couple of months, especially with IMPACT and AEW in a working relationship.

I did imply a mystery signing, didn't I? Well, stay tuned. It's going to be a big one.

IMPACT Wrestling Status (August 2021)

Owner: Mark Cuban

Chief Executive/Booker: Shane McMahon

CHAMPIONS

Impact World Champion (60 Prestige) - Kenny Omega

Impact X-Division Champion (50 Prestige) - Josh Alexander

Impact Knockouts Champion (50 Prestige) - Deonna Purrazzo

Impact World Tag Team Champions (44 Prestige) - The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson)

Impact Knockouts Tag Team Champions (38 Prestige) - Havok and Rosemary

Major Stars

"The Devil" Windham Rotunda

? (To Be Announced)

Kenny Omega

Stars

Buddy Matthews

Doc Gallows

Jay White (On Loan, 6 months)

Karl Anderson

Mickie James

Well Known

Eddie Edwards

Frankie Kazarian (On Loan, 3 months)

James Storm

Ken Shamrock

Moose

Rich Swan

Recognizable

Ace Austin (Projected to be a Star by Shane)

Alex Shelley

Brian Myers

Chelsea Green

Chris Bey

Chris Sabin

David Finlay

Deonna Purrazzo

Eric Young

Glen Gilberti

Havok

Heath

Hernandez

Jeff Andrews (Projected to be a Superstar by Shane; Custom Character)

Jordynne Grace

Josh Alexander

Juice Robinson

Laredo Kid

Matt Cardona

Matt Rehwoldt

Petey Williams

Rhino

Rosemary

Sami Callihan

Steve Macklin

Susan (Su Yung)

Swoggle

Tenille Dashwood

TJP

Tommy Dreamer

Trey Miguel (Projected to be a Star by Shane McMahon)

W. Morrisey (Projected to be a Star by Shane McMahon)

Willie Mack

Unimportant

Acey Romero

Alisha Edwards

Black Taurus

Crazzy Steve

Deaner

Fallah Bahh

Jake Something

Joe Doering

John E. Bravo

John Skyler

Johnny Swinger

Kaleb with a K

Kimber Lee

Lady Frost

Larry D

Madman Fulton

No Way

ODB

Rachel Ellering

Rohit Raju

Sam Beale

Shera

Tasha Steelz

Taylor Wilde

Tag Teams

Ace Austin and Madman Fulton

Beer Guns (Inactive)

Decay

Desi Hit Squad

Eric Young and Joe Doering

Fallah Bahh and TJP

FinJuice

Motor City Machine Guns

Rich Swann and Willie Mack

The Good Brothers

XXXL

Commentary Team

D'Lo Brown

Don Callis

Josh Matthews

Matt Striker

Mauro Ranallo (Hired by Cuban)

Referees

Brandon Tolle

Daniel Spencer

Road Agents

?

Chris Sabin

Daivari

D'Lo Brown

Eric Young

Gail Kim

Glenn Gilberti

Jimmy Jacobs

John E. Bravo

Kenta Kobashi

Mickie James

Mike Rotunda

Petey Williams

RD Evans

Scott D'Amore (On-Screen EVP)

Shane McMahon

Tommy Dreamer

Wrestling Observer

IMPACT Wrestling Set to Shock the System

In a shocking turn of events, Anthem has sold IMPACT Wrestling to Shane McMahon, who vowed to be the one who will bring the much-needed change to the wrestling world. Unfortunately, the Observer was not informed of the details of the transaction, as the Shane McMahon-led company had been privy with information. One thing that has been allowed to slip, however, was a foreboding warning to the wrestling world: they are prepared to shock the system and give the wrestling world the biggest IMPACT in decades, which Bryan Alvarez had said to be unlikely given AEW's acquisition of CM Punk. I do agree with Bryan, but time will tell if Shane McMahon will succeed.

Wrestling Observer

IMPACT Making Big Moves

Never in my journalism career had I seen a company as tight-lipped about information as the Shane McMahon-led IMPACT Wrestling. Even WWE is more loose compared to these guys. The thing about IMPACT is, I can't get anything if I ask myself, but what happens instead is, I can only get information if one higher-up decides to tell me.

Now, for the latest IMPACT news, I haven't been told who these new hirings are going to be, but IMPACT is about to make a splash in the market. I only got a couple of names, but these names are bound to catch your eyes. IMPACT is looking to sign MLW Wrestlers such as Alexander Hammerstone, Jacob Fatu, and Richard Holiday, all three have the potential to be stars, and they will all be great signings for Shane McMahon and IMPACT.

Starting Feuds

The Belt Collector's Prized Hostage

Wrestlers Involved: Eddie Edwards, Kenny Omega, Moose

Details: Kenny Omega defeated Rich Swann to become the IMPACT World Champion, and this win was expected to catapult the prestige of the championship. However, Omega is treating the championship like an afterthought, doing plenty of demeaning things to the championship, including letting low-tier talent like Michael Nakazawa carry the championship. Of course, top IMPACT talents do not take kindly to this and aim to take the championship back home. The problem is, they are fighting amongst themselves for the opportunity, instead of helping each other foil the plans by Don Callis and the Good Brothers. In recent weeks, however, top talents have reached an understanding and now are on a mission to take the title from Omega. Now, who has what it takes to dethrone the "God" of Pro Wrestling?

X-Division Madness

Wrestlers Involved: Ace Austin,?, Buddy Matthews, Josh Alexander, Rich Swann

Details: Josh Alexander promised to elevate the X-Division with fan-friendly and quality matches with him at the helm. As of August 2021, he is doing well in that mission. However, new arrivals in IMPACT are proving to be quite the challenge in his goal to lead the charge towards an X-Division resurgence. Who will lead the mission? Will it be Josh Alexander, or will another talent usurp him from his throne?

Tag Team Dominance

Wrestlers Involved: FinJuice, MCMG, The Good Brothers, Violence By Design

Details: The Good Brothers have reigned over the IMPACT Tag Team Division, and have proved to be quite dominant in the notably thin Tag Team Division. In spite of that, however, IMPACT still has a decent division consisting of teams such as IMPACT Legends MCMG, NJPW's FinJuice, who dethroned the Good Brothers earlier this year, and the menacing VBG. These teams can bring the fight to the champions, but will they succeed in dethroning them?

The Ace of The Knockouts

Wrestlers Involved: Deonna Purrazzo, Mickie James

Details: In the past 13 months, Deonna Purrazzo had an under the radar career turnaround as she turned from someone failing in WWE Developmental into shaping herself up to be the Ace of the Knockouts Division. She has beaten whoever was presented to her, and it seemed the solution might just be a blast from the past, in the form of the legendary Mickie James. Deonna, however, just sees this as an opportunity to cement her legacy. Will this be a career-defining moment for the Virtuousa, or will Mickie further elevate her legend?

The Dominator's Quest for Respect

Wrestlers Involved: Jeff Andrews, Sami Callihan, Ken Shamrock

Details: At 6'4" 260 lbs, Jeff Andrews has quite a distinct presence, he not only has an imposing figure, but he also comes with movie star looks that scream money. In spite of this, almost no one knows who he is... aside from people who watched NJPW religiously around 2013-2015, who may recognize him as one of the young lions from the Dojo. No one knows why he dropped out of the dojo, and no one cared when he returned to professional wrestling in 2019 for the Boston indy circuit. It was a surprise when Shane McMahon signed him to an exclusive deal, and claiming he will be a superstar. Andrews acknowledges the question marks regarding his signing and declared that in his mission for dominance, he has to take out a certain obstacle first--getting respect. Ken Shamrock and Sami Callihan are all too eager to test out the young gun if he has what it takes. Will Andrews succeed, or will he falter under the bright lights?

Cool to see a modern day Impact diary. I have followed them religiously for a long time now so will be curious to see your take on it.

I hope I will be able to do justice by it. I just figured it would be interesting to do IMPACT because they are making an under-the-radar resurgence in the real world.

Wrestling Observer

IMPACT to go live starting September; Before the IMPACT Extended to One Hour

August 5, 2021

IMPACT Wrestling has announced that no longer will they follow the 4 taped episodes in a month format for their flagship show starting September and extended the runtime for Before the IMPACT to one hour. The month of August will be seen as a transitional period before Shane McMahon fully takes control of the booking and day-to-day operations of IMPACT.

This is an implication of upcoming big changes for the so-called "Dark Horse" of the industry. Also, a notable statement by the company is that they are looking to book venues that can cater to 500-1000 people to cultivate a proper wrestling atmosphere. Time will tell if IMPACT will succeed in filling out arenas of that size.

Fightful.com

IMPACT's Moves Thus Far

Sean Ross Sapp August 5, 2021 7:00 PM

For those still unaware, Shane McMahon is now recognized as the owner of IMPACT Wrestling. Shane promised everyone in a press conference last Monday that IMPACT will be taking a new direction, and claims that it will be the dark horse that everyone will be rooting for.

His first move as IMPACT Owner? The signing of various talents such as former WWE Talents like Bray Wyatt, his father Mike Rotunda (IRS), and Buddy Murphy, Japanese legend Kenta Kobashi, and an independent worker in Jeff Andrews, which could be quite the questionable move when you look at it on paper, but I saw this guy wrestle maybe twice, and he does have the potential to be a superstar.

Shane followed it up with the confirmed acquisition of the former Iiconics (Cassie Lee and Jessie McKay), MLW mainstays Jacob Fatu, Alexander Hammerstone, and Richard Holiday, EC3, Maki Itoh, and another Japanese legend in Manami Toyota, who will have road agent duties. This is already quite the haul, but there are rumors of bigger signings that they are keeping under wraps.

In another IMPACT news, it is announced that they will be airing IMPACT Wrestling live starting September. Due to this, rumors of a big move happening on Victory Road, which was moved to August 29 have circulated throughout the industry. Speculations include the debut of Adam Cole, but that's most likely a stretch. We'll just have to see what IMPACT intends to do in their new era.

IMPACT Wrestling August 5 Taping #1

IMPACT Wrestling - First Week of August

The show starts with Matt Striker and D'Lo Brown talking about the recent changes in IMPACT and how they are excited about what's to come. Shane McMahon then comes out and welcoming everyone to a new episode of IMPACT Wrestling. He promises the fans that the days of IMPACT being the laughing stock of professional wrestling is over, and the wrestling world should now be put on notice, for there is a resurgent player in town.

Rating: 85

W. Morrissey beats TJP

Rating: 46

Deonna Purrazzo beats ODB

Rating:45

Mickie James comes out and enters the ring. Deonna Purrazzo gave her a look of disgust. Mickie laughs it off and cuts a promo talking about how she respects Deonna, but that doesn't mean she acknowledges that Deonna's better than her. There is a reason why Mickie James is a legend, and Deonna will find out the hard way.

Rating: 54

Hype Video about Jeff Andrews, who will be in action next.

Rating: 60

Jeff Andrews enters the ring with little fanfare. He then cuts a promo about how he recognizes how he's the newest signing everyone thinks "made no sense." However, there is a reason why he was personally scouted and brought to the spotlight right away. He is ready and will make everyone acknowledge the Dominator. He then issues an open challenge for everyone in the back, as he had been gearing for action since day one.

Sami Callihan enters, and it is visible that Andrews had a look of surprise with what he had just summoned. Callihan told the youngster to know when to speak; this time wasn't it, and he vows to get rid of him.

Rating: 65

Jeff Andrews Defeats Sami Callihan via roll-up in a surprisingly good clash of styles.

Rating: 63

Callihan stares down at Andrews, a look of surprise evident on his face. The youngster simply grinned and raised three fingers, signifying the pinfall win he just had over "The Draw." Andrews then grabbed a mic and cut a promo on the bewildered Callihan, his most notable words being, "Sami, in a matter of months, I will be stealing your nickname. Jeff Andrews will be THE DRAW in Professional Wrestling, and you will not be able to do anything about it. The Dominator will always prevail."

Rating: 72

Alexander Hammerstone squashes Acey Romero

Rating: 43

Ace Austin defeats Rich Swann

Rating: 58

The Good Brothers are in the ring, taunting the entire Tag Team Division, and claimed that no one will be able to match them. The MCMG enters and challenges their claim. Later on, Violence By Design entered the ring, and Eric Young declared that in a rematch, they will be taking the belts away from them. From here on out, the argument can't be mended by words, and a brawl ensued. The Good Brothers made an escape and posed with the belts.

Rating: 50

A video package hyping Edwards vs. Moose was shown

Rating: 52

Eddie Edwards defeats Moose after 3 Boston Knee Partys

Rating: 59

Don Callis and Kenny Omega come out and taunt Moose. Moose tries to go after the two but gets jumped by the Good Brothers. Edwards was contemplating whether or not to help Moose, and eventually decided to do just that. However, the numbers game proved too much for the men who just had an 18-minute grueling match. Kenny Omega, the Good Brothers, and Don Callis stood tall, with the champions raising their titles.

Rating: 73

Just as the despicable bast*rds in Omega, Callis, and the Good Brothers were about to gloat even more, a video package was shown. In the video, a date was highlighted "8.29.21.," which was followed by a text that read, "The Countdown Starts."

IMPACT ends with Kenny Omega looking confused at the video and the crowd cheering.

Rating: 71

Show Rating: 68

IMPACT Wrestling August 5 Taping #2

IMPACT Wrestling - Second Week of August

The show opens with Shane McMahon thanking everyone for attending the show, and talked about the success of the first episode under his helm. He promises that there will be more to come, and everyone should stay tuned, especially for Victory Road, as it will be the Genesis of IMPACT Wrestling.

Rating: 83

Ace Austin and Madman Fulton defeats Mack and Swann

Rating: 51

Video Package about Jeff Andrews' upset win over Sami Callihan was shown. Andrews in action vs. Brian Myers up next.

Jeff Andrews defeats Brian Myers in a great showing that had Andrews provide a phenomenal performance, which led to him also boosting Myers' performance in the match. The match ended after Andrews landed the Ex-Flowsion on the worn-down Myers after 12:42.

Andrews grabs a microphone and calls out Sami Callihan. Callihan comes out, visibly unhappy with the casual tone the youngster had in calling him out. Callihan warned Andrews that he might have gotten one over him, The Draw is more than willing to cut his 5 Minutes of Fame if Andrews continues to irritate him.

Andrews then challenged Callihan to a match at Victory Road, which Callihan dismissed, telling him "Prove yourself first, kid. The Draw is not giving up free coupons for attention-starved kids like you. Next week, if you manage to defeat an opponent of my choosing, you got your match."

Rating: 68

FinJuice defeats Violent By Design

Rating: 49

Sami Callihan defeats Richard Holliday

Rating: 42

A Video Package is shown hyping up Victory Road, but it took a turn as a figure was shown in the vignettes, who then guided the camera to a television screen that showcased a wrestling clip, which ended in a submission move that most people in the audience recognized and popped to. The next frame of the video was centered on a wall that was painted with the words "Countdown to Victory Road. 17 days to go. Brace yourselves."

Josh Alexander Open Challenge; El Hijo del Vikingo Comes out

Rating: 45

Josh Alexander Defeats El Hijo del Vikingo

Rating: 48

Josh Alexander is interviewed about the state of the X-Division, and he proudly said that he is willing to lead the charge, and will be the one who will usher in a new age of the X-Division. Ace Austin then comes out and told Alexander, that if anyone is going to lead anything, it is not a 35-year old old coot, but it will be the young, prodigious, and extremely talented Ace Austin. Alexander challenges Austin to put his money where his mouth is and was met with the imposing visage of Madman Fulton who stared him down. Austin then slid out of the ring, a cocky smile on his face as Alexander stared at him.

Rating: 53

The Motor City Machine Guns are backstage and want to challenge the Good Brothers for the titles. The Good Brothers surprisingly accepted the challenge, which D'Lo Brown said was suspicious. Striker agreed with the sentiment and stated that the Good Brothers might have something in mind.

Rating: 48

The Good Brothers defeat The Motor City Machine Guns to retain the IMPACT World Tag Team Championship after Don Callis distracted the referee, which allowed the Good Brothers to low blow Alex Shelley, and hit him with a Magic Killer.

Backstage, Frankie Kazarian and Moose had an argument over who gets to have their hands on the Elite. It could have led to a brawl, if not for Scott D'Amore coming in, and deciding to book them in a match for the main event, where the winner is guaranteed a match against one of the Good Brothers for next week.

Rating: 64

Moose defeats Frankie Kazarian in a decent match with a good crowd reaction.

Rating: 56

Moose is then interviewed, and the big man declared that if he can't get his hands on Kenny Omega right away, he'll just have to settle with beating up his cronies, and it will be a good warm-up for Victory Road. Don Callis comes out, tries to butter up Moose with backhanded compliments, but got speared instead.

Rating: 59

Show Rating: 58

IMPACT Wrestling August 6 Taping #3

IMPACT Wrestling - Third Week of August

Sami Callihan opens the show, stating his annoyance over the upstart Jeff Andrews. Callihan claimed that he shouldn't be entertaining young guns like Andrews, to begin with, as he had just come off a world title feud with Kenny Omega. He just chose to do so, because he wanted to humor himself.

With that being said, Callihan calls Andrews out to the ring and stared at the upstart intensely.

Callihan picked the mic up again and said, "You picked the wrong fight kid. You want a shot at the draw? Well, here's a man that will shatter your dreams." Callihan pointed at the entrance ramp, and out comes Ken Shamrock. Andrews looked worried as even though Ken Shamrock is over 50, he is still amongst the most dangerous people in the world. Callihan took Andrews' focus on Shamrock as his cue to land a cheap shot.

Shamrock vs. Andrews next.

Rating: 67

Jeff Andrews defeats Ken Shamrock by a jackknife pin counter to the ankle lock. Sami Callihan, who was at ringside, was livid after Andrews taunted him after getting the pin.

Rating: 55

Alexander Hammerstone defeats Matt Cardona in a dominant showing.

Ace Austin was in Shane McMahon's office and demanded a match with Josh Alexander. Austin goes on to say that if Shane has any semblance of business knowledge, he will book the match. Shane agreed to give him a match against Alexander. However, it will be a non-title match.

Rating: 75

Josh Alexander vs. Ace Austin ended in a double count out after both men decided to brawl in the outside and ignore the match at hand. It got to the point where they were fighting inside Shane McMahon's office. McMahon has had enough and had both men sent packing.

Match Rating: 40, Post Match Brawl Rating: 60

Stakes are raised as it has been confirmed by IMPACT EVP Scott D'Amore that if Moose manages to beat one of the Good Brothers, he will have a rematch with Eddie Edwards next week to determine the challenger to Kenny Omega.

In the ring was the Virtuousa herself, Deonna Purrazzo who addressed Mickie James who put out a challenge on her at the August 5th episode of IMPACT. She declared that she'd rather not give Mickie the spotlight she desires by being in the ring with the Virtuousa.

"Why should I even concern myself with someone who had her things packed in a garbage bag of all things? That's an indicator of your level in today's wrestling, Mickie. You are garbage."

Deonna was interrupted, but it wasn't by Mickie. In the entrance ramp was Jordynne Grace, who informed Deonna that they are set to face off next and that she can't bear to hear her whining over Mickie James.

Purrazzo vs. Grace next.

Rating: 40

Deonna Purrazzo defeats Jordynne Grace

Rating: 38

Joe Doering and Rhino defeat the Motor City Machine Guns after a Revolution Bomb by Doering.

Highlights of the episode thus far, like Andrews defeating Shamrock, the Alexander-Austin brawl was shown. D'Lo Brown and Matt Striker then went on to praise the performance by Jeff Andrews who has been undefeated in his first 3 matches in IMPACT.

Moose is interviewed, and the big man declared that after he disposes of whoever from the Good Brothers he is going to face, he will have his revenge over Eddie Edwards, and at Victory Road, he will finally be the IMPACT World Champion.

The Main Event is about to start, and it was revealed that it will be the Big LG Doc Gallows that will face Moose in the main event. At ringside is current #1 Contender Eddie Edwards, whose status Moose is attempting to take next week, once he defeats Gallows.

Rating: 49

Moose defeats Doc Gallows in 10 minutes. Moose then calls Edwards into the ring, and the two men shared an intense staredown. Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows look to sneak up on the two under the orders of Don Callis, but both Edwards and Moose sensed them creeping up, which cause the Good Brothers to back off.

It's official. The main event of the August 26th IMPACT will be Moose vs. Eddie Edwards.

Match Rating: 51, Post Match Segment Rating: 55

Show Rating: 53

IMPACT Wrestling August 6 Taping #4

IMPACT Wrestling - Fourth Week of August

Don Callis, Kenny Omega, and the Good Brothers open the show. Don Callis hypes up Kenny Omega and claimed that no one in this God's green Earth will be able to take the championship away from the God of Pro Wrestling, Kenny By God Omega. While Moose may be a freak of nature, Kenny Omega has slain him before, and Eddie Edwards? His bad Tommy Dreamer impression is not fooling anyone, he's a low-tier talent.

Callis then continued with his promo and said, "IMPACT should be thankful that Kenny Omega decided to grace you with his presence, so you better shut your negative mouths."

A loud you got fired chant erupted after Callis claimed that if not for him being an EVP before, Omega wouldn't even consider gracing the peasants of IMPACT with his presence.

Callis fired back with his "Real men don't quit, they get fired," and continued on his monologue until a video feed interrupted him.

Once again, it was a Victory Road countdown video. The same one that which

puzzled Kenny on the August 5th episode, but it had updated content, one which included a video of a young Kenny Omega tapping out.

The video ended with the words "The Countdown Continues. 3 Days to Go. Victory Road."

All four people in the ring were bewildered by the video as we cut to a commercial break.

Rating: 75

IMPACT Tag Team Championship #1 Contender's Match: Violent by Design vs. FinJuice

Violent by Design defeated FinJuice after Doering hit Finlay with a revolution bomb.

After the match, we see the debuting Jacob Fatu, who was seemingly going to help out FinJuice but ended up laying waste to both of them. Eric Young grabbed a microphone and declared that they are more violent and more vicious than before as they now have the Samoan Savage in their ranks.

W. Morrissey defeats Willie Mack

Rating: 45

Ace Austin defeats TJP. After the match, Ace Austin calls out Josh Alexander, demanding a match for the championship at Victory Road. Alexander accepts, and it is official.

Match Rating: 50, Post Match Segment Rating: 46

Backstage. we have Chris Bey and Jay White talking about the Bullet Club. Bey, who had been proving himself on Before the IMPACT, is eager to join the club, but Jay White still remains hesitant.

The Good Brothers interrupt the two in their conversation and told Jay that if it weren't for them cementing the faction in Japan, he won't be as big as he is now, which isn't really by much.

Chris Bey challenges the two to a match later tonight, which the Good Brothers laughed at.

"We already beat you last month, or did the Big LG hit you too hard that night?" Anderson said.

Scott D'Amore entered the fray and said, "One more match wouldn't hurt anyone now, would it?"

BeyBlade vs. The Good Brothers is confirmed for tonight.

Rating: 61

Alexander Hammerstone defeats XXXL in a Handicap Match

Rating: 43

Backstage, Ken Shamrock and Sami Callihan beat up Jeff Andrews, who was saved by Juice Robinson, his former NJPW dojo colleague.

Callihan yelled at the fallen Andrews, saying "You don't have what it takes kid! You pissed me off, and now, I am going to put an end to you! VICTORY ROAD, YOU'RE OVER!"

The Good Brothers defeat BeyBlade after they hit Chris Bey with a Magic Killer.

A video package was played, displaying the matches Moose and Eddie Edwards have had in IMPACT Wrestling, and the high-stakes match they are about to fight in.

Moose defeats Eddie Edwards in a 20-minute match that was positively received by the crowd.

Rating: 66

After the match, Kenny Omega and Don Callis come out, and the two competitors for the main event this Sunday at Victory Road stared each other down. IMPACT ends with the cameras panned on Moose, and his game-ready expression.

Rating: 70

Show Rating: 65

Shane McMahon's IMPACT: The Dark Horse - Chapter One

"I hope that gave you a good foundation to build things up, Shane." Scott D'Amore addressed his new boss in his office.

They have just finished the tapings for August, and now, they are in Shane's office talking about their plans for the next couple of months.

"Scott, to be frank with you, it's not quite the show I was expecting us to put out," Shane replied, disappointment evident in his voice.

"How come?" D'Amore curiously asked.

"For the lack of a better term, our feuds suck. We barely have people who can possibly be wrestling superstars, and we have a lot of talents that we don't really need. Also, Striker and D'Lo isn't the announcing team that will elevate us," Shane answered, as he looked over the documents containing IMPACT's personnel.

"Well, we did work with Mauro Ranallo before, and he's willing to take wrestling events again. Do you want me to contact him?" D'Amore asked.

"Mauro? That's a good hire. Please do contact him after this meeting, Scott. This is the commentary booth I have in mind once we start going live, and here's another guy who I want to add to the team after his contract runs out." Shane said while passing on a folder to D'Amore.

"This might just work out, Shane. But I'm curious, what's that folder for?" D'Amore asked, pointing to a stack of paper on Shane's left.

"Talents we are going to cut. We're heading in a new direction, Scott. Luckily, these are only pay per appearance deals." Shane replied, handing the folder to D'Amore, who then went to read the names of talents to be cut.

"Well, we did sign a bunch of talents. I guess it's fine. But you should reconsider cutting Johnny Swinger, and Hernandez, they are a good presence to keep in the locker room." D'Amore reasoned.

"No, we don't need them in our roster. We're changing our image, Scott. If we keep these people, they'd just be lost in the shuffle. It'd be better to just get rid of them." Shane replied.

The two IMPACT high-up continued to converse with regards to the ideas they have for the product until a knock on the door was heard.

"About time!" D'Amore exclaimed as both he and Shane shared a smile.

"Enter."

The door opened, and in comes one of the brightest stars in professional wrestling. He may not be a superstar in Vince McMahon's eyes, but Shane knows he can help turn him into one of the biggest figures in the industry.

"Take a seat, Adam."

--

End of Chapter 1

Wrestling Observer

IMPACT Black Monday

On the morning of August 9, IMPACT Wrestling announced the release of various wrestlers from their roster. The released talents include:

Daivari

Glenn Gilberti

Hernandez

Kaleb With a K

James Mitchell

John E. Bravo

John Skyler

Johnny Swinger

Lady Frost

No Way

RD Evans

Shera

Tasha Steelz

Word is that more names are going to be added to this list in the coming days. One insider has it that IMPACT is preparing to debut a lot of new talent following Victory Road, and there is no space in the roster for the released names. One of the rumored names is Adam Scherr, the former Braun Strowman. It is not sure if he had signed a deal, but a deal is being discussed.

Wrestling Observer

ADAM COLE'S WWE CONTRACT SET TO EXPIRE THIS FRIDAY

BY: F4W Staff AUG 24, 2021 11:08 AM

Following his match against Kyle O'Reilly at NXT TakeOver 36, Adam Cole's contract with WWE is set to expire later this week.

Cole's WWE contract is scheduled to expire this Friday (August 27), meaning that he wouldn't be able to negotiate with AEW or any non-WWE promotion until then. Fightful first reported Friday as the date that Cole's contract expires.

O'Reilly defeated Cole in "The Undisputed Finale" at TakeOver 36 on Sunday. The two-out-of-three falls match featured three different stipulations: a traditional wrestling match, a street fight, and a steel cage match. O'Reilly won the first fall, Cole won the second, and O'Reilly then won the third to win the match.

The 32-year-old Cole's contract with WWE originally expired last month, but he agreed to an extension through TakeOver 36.

Cole made his WWE debut at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III in August 2017. He held the NXT Championship from June 2019 to July 2020, the longest reign in the title's history. He also became the inaugural NXT North American Champion in 2018.

If rumors are to be believed, Adam Cole refused the contract extension presented to him by Vince McMahon himself. AEW is said to be in strong pursuit of the former 3-time Ring of Honor Champion. It's an outlandish rumor, but it exists nonetheless, but Cole is also linked to IMPACT Wrestling following statements released by new IMPACT CEO Shane McMahon in his first press conference. But who knows? They've managed to land Windham Rotunda, and possibly Adam Scherr. It might just be possible.

IMPACT Victory Road

Metroplex Live - 1500 in Attendance

Shane McMahon welcomes everyone

Most Notable Quote from Shane: "I promised a new age of IMPACT Wrestling to everyone in attendance, and I assure you all that after this event is done, you will go home thinking "What an IMPACT!" Ladies and Gentlemen, the Final Countdown starts now."

Rating: 83

Hype Video for Callihan vs. Andrews

The month-long feud between the newcomer Jeff Andrews and Sami Callihan was shown in the video. The video included the reveal of Andrews in the roster, his mission for respect, Andrews' high-level technical wrestling as he won three matches against Callihan, Myers, and Shamrock, Callihan's verbal assaults, the attack Callihan orchestrated last Thursday.

Rating: 81

Sami Callihan vs. Jeff Andrews

In a high-level technical match, which was quite peculiar given Callihan's style of wrestling, Jeff Andrews won following the Ex-Flowsion.

Rating: 68

Ace Austin vs. Josh Alexander Hype Video

Rating: 29

X-Division Championship Match: Josh Alexander vs. Ace Austin

In a mix of flashy and technical wrestling, Josh Alexander won after 12:25.

Rating: 58

Violent By Design Promo

Eric Young flanked by Rhino, Joe Doering, and Jacob Fatu cut a promo where he claimed that it's only a matter of time until they take back the Tag Titles. Time is ticking for the Good Brothers. If not now, then at the very next opportunity, they will take what's rightfully theirs.

Rating: 55

IMPACT World Tag Team Championship Match: The Good Brothers vs. Violent By Design (Doering/Rhino)

After interference by Don Callis, The Good Brothers won after hitting the Magic Killer on Rhino. The victory, if it can be called that, did not last for long, as the Samoan Savage Jacob Fatu entered the ring and along with Joe Doering, laid waste to the Good Brothers.

Match Rating: 48, Post Match Segment Rating: 53

Deonna Purrazzo vs. Mickie James Video Package

The feud starting from Slammiversary is shown in the video package. The billing of this match is "The Ace of the Knockouts vs. The Legend," where various knockouts present and past were interviews regarding their thoughts and prediction for the match.

IMPACT Knockouts Championship Match: Deonna Purrazzo vs. Mickie James

Deonna Purrazzo defeats Mickie James in 16:31 following a Fujiwara Armbar. After the match, Deonna is interviewed and taunted Mickie and all the other knockouts by claiming no one is taking the throne from her.

Rating: 49, Interview Rating: 54

Jay White and David Finlay brawl backstage

Jay White prevailed and posed with the NEVER Openweight Championship. White vs. Finlay up next.

NEVER Openweight Championship Match: Jay White vs. David Finlay

Jay White won in 15:49 after a Bladerunner.

Rating: 61

Buddy Matthews IMPACT Debut

A vignette for Buddy Matthews was shown. After the video, he made his first entrance in the IMPACT Zone and cut a promo saying he isn't a secret no more, and everyone better take notice for Buddy Matthews is here to take names.

Rating: 80

Moose vs. Omega Hype Video

Rating: 62

IMPACT World Championship Match: Kenny Omega vs. Moose

In a match that did not live to the hype, Kenny Omega defeats Moose in 20:42 after a One-Winged Angel on a chair brought by Don Callis.

Match Rating: 60

Kenny Omega and Don Callis Post Match Promo

Don Callis declared that with Kenny Omega's victory, no one in the damned IMPACT roster stands a chance. No matter who Shane McMahon brings to the fray, the God of Pro Wrestling will defeat them no problem, 1-2-3. As Don was continuing with his Kenny Omega-biased promo, a video played out on the screen.

After a minute of the video showing various wrestling footages, the video panned to a calendar showing the date 8-29-21. The camera moved to the left, showing the same video from last Thursday that showed Kenny Omega tapping. The video is panned out, and it was the video of Kenny Omega tapping to a very familiar submission maneuver-- the Cattle Mutilation.

A clock is then shown, which reads 00:00:00, and words soon appeared on the screen that led to a massive pop from the audience.

The Words? It's The Final Countdown.

The Final Countdown by Europe played, and the already hot crowd was chanting for Bryan Danielson. About two minutes in, and the words "It's the final countdown" uttered, Bryan Danielson entered and was met with massive cheers from the 1500 people in attendance for Victory Road.

Danielson wordlessly entered the ring, a smirk on his face, and went out to tap the IMPACT World Championship on Omega's shoulders.

Kenny Omega and Don Callis proceeded to exit the ring, with Kenny posing with his belt. Danielson then did his signature "Yes" taunt, and "Yes" chants dominated the arena.

Danielson then grabbed a microphone and said, "You all expected me to pop up somewhere else, didn't you?" Danielson then continued, "I came here to make an IMPACT in professional wrestling, but in typical Danielson fashion, I am doing it on my terms. I will be the face that will lead this dark horse company back to glory, and you have something that I want, Kenny Omega. I am challenging you for the IMPACT World Championship at Bound for Glory!"

"Yes" chants once again dominated the arena, and the show ends with Danielson leading the cheers in the ring, and with Callis and Omega frustatingly looking at the newest addition to the roster.

Segment Rating: 100

Event Rating: 71

Wrestling Observer

IMPACT Pulls out the Shock of the Century

Well, folks, I do get things wrong from time to time, and it's mostly due to a change of plans. But this? This was just unprecedented. I can assure you that for the past two months, Bryan Danielson was really headed for AEW, but somehow, he popped up first in IMPACT Wrestling, and later on, it was confirmed by IMPACT that Bryan Danielson signed an exclusive written deal with them.

Danielson then cut a promo stating that he likes doing things his way, and what better way to make an IMPACT than go to a dark horse company and lead them back to glory? Indeed, it's quite the impactful move that left the wrestling world buzzing for what's next for IMPACT Wrestling.

Of course, it was quite a curious move, given the fact that AEW would have given Danielson to wrestle world-class talents that he so desired, and could have given him the New Japan gig he wanted when he was in the WWE.

After Danielson's debut in IMPACT, the arrival of certain names like Adam Cole and Adam Scherr does not seem as unlikely as it once did. Victory Road was a good show, with the reveals being done in the best way possible. Shane McMahon, the wrestling world will be watching your next moves.