Is there any chance of a pro football game?

Is there any chance that Grey Dog will release a pro football game? I know one was being worked on years ago.

BBCF is still a solid game even though it's rather old. It looks nice, the stats are believable, and the fonts used to display information in-game are readable. Since the last patch, it doesn't crash anymore, at least not for me. It would be a real treat to have a pro football game that would import draft classes from BBCF. If the NFL license is a problem, just make the game moddable so the player can rename the teams.

It would be a shame to waste whatever work was done on a football game years ago.

OOTP Developments was working on a football sim, and the project was sadly dropped.

I wish someone would pick up the torch for pro football. Madden's franchise mode is trash and there's just nothing out there that gives you the feeling of managing a team.

That's bad enough, but I wish there was a sim game that had online league support. Front Page Sports Football Pro was the last game that had something like that and that was over 20 years ago.

OOTP Developments was working on a football sim, and the project was sadly dropped.

I had high hopes for that one. It was a collaboration with the guy who did Front Office Football, which was a decent game, but with a terrible UI and fonts that were too small for a normal man in his 60s to read.

Wolverine has a football sim, but the last one I bought, the 2020 version, has screens that are just too cluttered. And, again, they use fonts for some data areas that are just too small and too light to read easily. I'm not the only player who complained about this, but the developers don't think it's a problem. Oh well.

BBCF takes up less than a screen on my computer, yet the data can easily be read without eye strain. It would be so nice to have a pro football game in the same family.

Darn it! I played BBCF before on this computer, but now when I try to launch it I get the dreaded Run Time Error 75.

Oh well. I guess there will be no more football at all for me now.

BBCF was a really good game, and a pro version based on it would be greatly appreciated by all us NFL fans. Finally, my Cleveland Browns are worth watching again!

Darn it! I played BBCF before on this computer, but now when I try to launch it I get the dreaded Run Time Error 75.

Oh well. I guess there will be no more football at all for me now.

BBCF was a really good game, and a pro version based on it would be greatly appreciated by all us NFL fans. Finally, my Cleveland Browns are worth watching again!

I couldn't get the hang of BBCF. I know my CU Buffaloes are a mess, but I couldn't get ANYTHING going in my dynasty lol

<p>I was able to get BBCF going again by uninstalling it, downloading it again and reinstalling it. So, all is not lost. </p><p> </p><p>

I was never very good at the game either. Long ago I had a dynasty going with, I think, Bowling Green. In recent years I've stuck with Ohio State, though I'm not worthy of managing such a team, lol. </p><p> </p><p>

For me the fun comes in calling plays during games. I delegate recruitment and training and even game planning. But I think that I will try to develop game plans with my current Ohio State dynasty. Maybe I will find that to be a new avenue of fun, a new reason to keep this great old game on my hard drive!</p><p> </p><p>

I guess it's not up to me, but I've never understood why GD never introduced a Bowl Bound Pro Football game. The market is not exactly saturated with football games. I can understand why they would never offer a baseball game--OOTP has that market solidly in hand.</p><p> </p><p>

But football? As someone who bought the Wolverine game but could not spend more than a few hours playing it, I would say there is definitely room for another.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Antonin" data-cite="Antonin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="53543" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I guess it's not up to me, but I've never understood why GD never introduced a Bowl Bound Pro Football game. The market is not exactly saturated with football games. I can understand why they would never offer a baseball game--OOTP has that market solidly in hand.<p> </p><p> But football? As someone who bought the Wolverine game but could not spend more than a few hours playing it, I would say there is definitely room for another.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It was in the works years and years ago and typically when someone asks about it, Arlie claims it's still being worked on. I doubt it will ever see the light of day though personally.</p>

One can always hope! Every year around this time I get the itch to take control of my Cleveland Browns and lead them to the Super Bowl! :)

Its seems like the game was being worked on years ago. It would be a shame to waste the work that was done, when there are certainly a number of people out here who would love to become paying customers.

Think about it. A text-based NFL game...with the same basic structure as BBCF. Wow! :)

Is there any chance that Grey Dog will release a pro football game? I know one was being worked on years ago.

BBCF is still a solid game even though it's rather old. It looks nice, the stats are believable, and the fonts used to display information in-game are readable. Since the last patch, it doesn't crash anymore, at least not for me. It would be a real treat to have a pro football game that would import draft classes from BBCF. If the NFL license is a problem, just make the game moddable so the player can rename the teams.

It would be a shame to waste whatever work was done on a football game years ago.

That would be amazing. The draft class imports. I would buy the game just to sim the my classes in and see how they develop.