Daffney :(

Blodyxe

Just found out that Daffney is no longer with us. She was so awesome, always was a fan of her work. The way this business treated her is awful, a real shame...

Rest In Peace to the legend :(

Sad to hear about her passing, but not sure I follow on the "how she was treated" by the business. She seemed to have had a few stinylts with TNA/Impact right?

Sad to hear about her passing, but not sure I follow on the "how she was treated" by the business. She seemed to have had a few stinylts with TNA/Impact right?

She got the classic TNA treatment of "Do this dangerous spot or you're fired!" followed by, "Oh you got hurt doing a spot we forced you to do? Well what do you expect us to do about it? Pay for your hospital bills? Are you crazy? We need that money to lure in Hulk Hogan!" and then Daffney got fired because she wasn't able to work matches anymore thanks to the injury she suffered from a table spot she didn't want to do in the first place.

Daffney was my first favorite women's wrestler(I was a WCW fan and we didn't get many women) and is still in my top five of all time. I'm heartbroken. In interviews she always came across like such a sweet person. Some workers that I know that have shared lockerrooms with her say she was a great person to have in a locker room. She would watch everyone's match and if anyone asked for advice, she'd give her honest opinion without being snotty. We talked online a few times back in her TNA days and despite me just being a fanboy, she was very cool to me.

I've been down in the dumps all day and I can't even imagine how people who actually knew her in person feel.

Daffney was my first favorite women's wrestler(I was a WCW fan and we didn't get many women) and is still in my top five of all time. I'm heartbroken. In interviews she always came across like such a sweet person. Some workers that I know that have shared lockerrooms with her say she was a great person to have in a locker room. She would watch everyone's match and if anyone asked for advice, she'd give her honest opinion without being snotty. We talked online a few times back in her TNA days and despite me just being a fanboy, she was very cool to me.

I've been down in the dumps all day and I can't even imagine how people who actually knew her in person feel.

Having the same feeling, but I never interacted with her

Her team/alliance with Crowbar is one of my favorite highlights from WCW 2000. She seemed to have a lot of fun, and she did the most out of the chances people gave her. And of course, Daffney in a storyline with Doctor Stevie and Raven is something I enjoyed very much.

Life is so unfair

Well she was cut by WCW as part of the budget cuts, released from OVW, and this TNA story certainly didn't help her.

• 2 weeks later...

gives a fair account on her career imo. It boils down to the fact that she was one of the few women back in the pre-2000 WWE/WCW days that got over by her segments and not by removing clothing. Despite management not really giving her much to work with, she did achieve more than what she should've achieved imo.

I think her SHIMMER stint could've been added, but she's had a nice run. In the mid of her TNA career she's had some nice matches imo.

I hope people stop and think how special this business is for in-ring competitors. Few realize what a dark time life after the ring can be, especially after having to retire due to injury.