Burned Out Crowd

Ive been getting hit with the burned out crowd note for my last couple of main events. Any advice? I try to cool the crowd off a few segments before my main event and then build them back up with a couple of hot angles. Should I have a cool off match right before my main event?

FYI, the game has a Player's Handbook with a lot of information about the game, in it you can read about crowd getting burned out.

It seems to take around 3.5 hours before a crowd gets burned out, that includes any show taped that day. So if you have a b-show that runs for 1 hour and a main tv show that runs for 3 hours, the last hour will suffer with a burned out crowd.

If you book a 4 hour PPV and have 1 hour of pre show as well, the crowd will be burned out 1.5 hours before the show ends.

I book shows to be no more than 180 minutes (including pre show matches). I find that guarantees that there is no fan burnout. My TV show is 2 hours, plus about 20-30 min of pre show matches, so no problem there.

For PPV's, I want to use as many people on my roster as possible to keep them all happy. I only do 2 or 3 pre show matches on PPV's, so I usually have a 6 or 8 man tag to open, and then usually the last pre show match before the show is one that will get the fans excited (can't remember the name of the type of match).

I open the show with my 4th or 5th best match. I try to have a 'cool down' match in the middle of the show, typically leaving my 3 best matches to close the show, so there's a steady build of intensity and excitement. Of course, sometimes my 3rd last or 2nd last match will tear the roof off and get the best rating, but it doesn't hurt my Main Event...which is almost always a World Title match, unless a long time feud is ending with a cage match or something.

As others have said, you can maybe push it to 200 minutes...but anything past that and you're risking getting dinged for a tired/burned out crowd. The penalty may only be a few points, so sometimes if you really want to pack your card you take the hit...but I usually want to send my fans home buzzing and wanting more, so I try not to go over 180 min. Sometimes that means a match I wanted to go 15 min only gets 12 or 10...and I'll cut some promo's down from 5 or 6 min to 2-3 min between matches. The wrestlers may not gain anything stat wise that way, but they're on the PPV, get paid, and don't give me grief for not being booked on a big show.

I have nothing to add to the op's question. But I will say this, the game does mirror real life or at least it does for me in this instance. I remember when I used to go to ROH shows and some of them would just go on and on. One show started at 8pm and ended close to 2am. If I had been the one who drove I would told my friends we were leaving but I was not and so I had to sit through a nearly six hour show.

The burnout set in around the three hour mark for me and I am not someone with any sort of attention problems but damn it just gets to the point where you want the show to end. Especially seeing how it took another hour to get back.

That was just one of their house shows. Some of their "shorter" shows would last like four hours long. That was why I was always happy to go to their PPV because I knew those shows would be done at a more reasonable time.

Yes you get your money's worth but nobody wants to see Necro Butcher wrestle in a twenty minute match and I was a fan of the guy.

Im running a 4 hour PPV right now. But I figure that should be an ok length of a show, right?

Like many others mentioned, the crowd gets burned out after a certain point, that's why I asked. 3,5 hours, as mentioned above, seems to be the limit. I only found out after I booked The Supreme Challenge to be 4 hours long and got the penalty. :D

Now, I only book 3 hours max, for PPVs and 2 hours for TV.