[HYPE] 2016: The Revolutionary Year

The year is 2016.

A year where the landscape of professional wrestling can change forever.

Many things can change in the course of one year, for good... or for bad. Can you bring the wrestling world back to the promised land?

416e2434a18249ad6459578f297b130a.jpg

Hello everyone! GooverDan here, with my very first mod in this forum. I've been looking to do a mod for a very long time, and I finally decided to do it.

In the meantime, wanting to choose times to start a mod, I felt that the best time to do would be to start in 2016. Many things can be done in this year alone and I think that there can be a potential gameplay during this, whether you want to play as WWE, New Japan Pro Wrestling, Ring of Honor, etc. The Wrestling world in this year was alive and full of potential, so I decided to do the best mod that I can possibly can during this. It's gonna take some time to do it, but is gonna be worth it.

To save extra time, I'm gonna be using BigPapa's YES Mod as a template for this mod, it's gonna be difficult, as still going to be doing some tweaks here and there. But with the necessary patience, I'm sure that when I get the BETA out of this mod, it's going to be decently built to be playable for at least a couple of in-game months.

So, with that out of the way. I hope that you can enjoy this ride and get some hype before the beta release. Any help and constructive criticism would be welcome. :) That's all for now, get ready for the introduction! Is going to be in the second post.

If you want to help this mod in any way you can, feel free to DM me and talk. Like I said, any kind of help is welcome.

Edited by GooverDan

What is going on in the business right now?

Japan:

maxresdefault.jpg

Japan is enjoying a prosperous era right now, New Japan Pro Wrestling is at its best right now, perhaps more so than during the Antonio Inoki days. Kazuchika Okada is the undisputed face of the company right now, having the honor of having won the IWGP Heavyweight title for the third time at Dominion 7.5 last year, his new reign is expected to be able to put him among the great names in puroresu history.

But not everything sounds good for the Rainmaker right now, since in the first event of the year for NJPW, Hiroshi Tanahashi already gave the direct challenge to Okada for Wrestle Kingdom 10, after the Ace of the Universe has won the G1 Climax of 2015 having defeated Shinsuke Nakamura in the finals. Making their next encounter to be one of the candidates to be the Match of the Year.

And not only does he have to endure Tanahashi's challenge right now, there are other forces coming from the west that are threatening to take the title from him right now...

b11a010ff62c0b571e3cd28cc78d78f1_crop_exact.jpg?w=1200&h=1200&q=75

Kenny Omega is one of the names that is being talked about the most right now in the world of professional wrestling. After an explosive betrayal against now former Bullet Club leader, AJ Styles, following his emotional farewell to New Japan Pro Wrestling, Omega took his place as the leader of the Bullet Club, and great things are expected for this professional wrestler, whose rise to stardom is going by leaps and bounds. He is currently the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion. But rumors seem to indicate that they have something huge in store for him, and it is said that it may happen during this year or the next that follows. Be that as it may, you have to put your eyes on this great talent, since something very great can be formed with him.

WWE:

RESEM49999rr2016large.jpg

Is time for the Royal Rumble!

Despite the strong negative reception he received in 2015 from infuriated fans, Roman Reigns has remained as one of the main stars in WWE for the whole 2015. Despite losing in the main event of Wrestlemania 31 to Seth Rollins after he cashed in his Money In the Bank briefcase. Roman Reigns has not left the main event scene, spending much of 2015 fighting in blood, sweat and tears to get back a title shot after his loss on his first Wrestlemania Main Event. Said opportunity came when he win a tournament for the vacant WWE World Heavyweight title in Survivor Series against Dean Ambrose, only to his victory being stolen again against another MITB winner, this time the winner of the 2015 edition, Sheamus. But finally, after a failed title shot against Sheamus at TLC. Finally, Roman Reigns managed to win the long-awaited WWE World Heavyweight Championship on the December 15 edition of Monday Night RAW.

All these blows towards Roman Reigns come from a single group of people who want to see him fall no matter what. The Authority has remained a great obstacle for Roman since last year's Royal Rumble. Triple H doesn't think he has enough to be the next WWE champion, and he has shown himself to be pretty dirty for the rest of the year to prove that point.

Despite the fact that the Authority has gone through turbulent times this year, the departure of Randy Orton from the group is most notable. They have known how to stay on top of the company and choose what is best for business. (Even though the show's low ratings record proves the experiment isn't working.) But rumors indicate that Triple H has a plan B, which would make make Roman Reigns' stay at the Royal Rumble very complicated, with the objective that he does not leave the event with the belt around his waist.

Now that the Royal Rumble is just around the corner, it is being talked about surprise debuts from people of NXT or people that we've never seen before in the WWE. In fact, it is speculated that a major player from the business signed with the company a few weeks ago, just at the moment that AJ Styles was betrayed and then kicked out from the Bullet Club. Is just a coincidence or something else? Only time will tell when we get to the event.

watch-roh-14th-anniversary-2016-ppv-full-show-online-free_6012c6800fe9b.jpeg

Ring of Honor is going through the best moment in its history, their alliance with New Japan Pro Wrestling has proven to be quite good, being able to fill venues for every event they hold. And considering the success they're having with stars like Kenny Omega, the Young Bucks, Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, Bobby Fish and Jay Lethal. ROH is sure to have a bright future in four or five years, of course, if its dubious administration allows it.

Now that their 14th Anniversary is approaching, it is expected to be a fantastic event, considering the number of top stars that are going to be at the event, both in Ring of Honor, and the number of people they will have from New Japan Pro Wrestling. Through their partnership with New Japan Pro-Wrestling (NJPW), the event also is going to feature wrestlers from the Japanese promotion, including Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto, Kenny Omega, Kushida, Tomohiro Ishii and Gedo, and even Shinsuke Nakamura!

You said you wanted a nitpicker in another thread, right? I am your man. I have been waiting for an in-depth (not an old monthly) mod set around this period for the longest time. If you want to consult me for anything, I will help you the best that I can.

That sounds great! I already sent you a DM to talk further about this.

WWE looks pretty good! The brand split wasn’t brought back until June 2016, though. It looks like you haven’t branded the events & TV shows yet, so you might as well scrap it. Also, The Social Outcasts were formed on the first Raw of this year. Technically, they did not exist on January 1, 2016. So I would disband them, in case a player wants to do something different.

I put the brand split by mistake, and I forgot to scrap the idea, shoot. Thanks for the suggestions, though! I'm gonna do it as fast as I can.

And for the Social Outcasts, I was debating with myself if put them in the database or not, since the stable formed in the first RAW of the year then it might be correct putting them, but you're right in leaving that choice to the player so I'll follow that suggestion too, thank you!

Just saw this. Sorry for not seeing it earlier. Awesome to see TYM gaining new life!

There will be an update of TYM out soon. Will be some things you might wanna import - a bunch of agers, a few workers, etc.

Look forward to seeing the finished product!

Thank you so much, BigPapa! Thanks for giving an opportunity to this mod that I'm making, I liked your YES mod so much that gave me the inspiration for making this project, so I thank you for finally giving me that push so that I can be motivated enough to make my own mod.

About the update, I'll be looking forward for your next update then, to see if I can add more things that I have planned for the mod, such as future stars or adding new road agents. Either way, I'll be waiting for the new update of your.

Thank you very much for responding and liking my project! I appreciate it very much.

Here is the progress so far:

- For now there's 344 workers.

- 11 companies for now, two of them complete.

- 51 broadcasters.

- 50 events

- 20 members of the Hall of Inmortals.

- 34 tag teams.

- 1 alliance, the NWA.

I'll be updating soon, hopefully with a greater number of workers and companies.

• 2 months later...

I learned that this thread did not get deleted after all, sorry for the inconvenience...

But hey, that means now that I'm back to work! I'll say the same as the other thread that I left behind.

I only want to update that the mod is still in development, and I made quite a progress, adding some companies and a LOT of workers. But I need to know if they need some adjustments like skills or popularity, something that I can't really know for a fact. So I'm searching for some beta testers to see if I got some improvement to do in the companies that I finished or for the skills of some workers. It would help me a lot the feedback from some of the people here. I'm planning on doing a Beta release, that only includes 15 companies, but the final result maybe will be a lot more than just these numbers, stay tuned.

I learned that this thread did not get deleted after all, sorry for the inconvenience...

But hey, that means now that I'm back to work! I'll say the same as the other thread that I left behind.

I only want to update that the mod is still in development, and I made quite a progress, adding some companies and a LOT of workers. But I need to know if they need some adjustments like skills or popularity, something that I can't really know for a fact. So I'm searching for some beta testers to see if I got some improvement to do in the companies that I finished or for the skills of some workers. It would help me a lot the feedback from some of the people here. I'm planning on doing a Beta release, that only includes 15 companies, but the final result maybe will be a lot more than just these numbers, stay tuned.

I'll happily take this on!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Any news from this?

Welp, there is bad news, now that someone wanted to know.

The file with the mod in it got corrupted and I lost a LOT of progress that I was making. I have a backup but is a very old backup that takes back to the level of progress to a 10%, when I finished WWE and NXT.

The mod is now in stand-by, and maybe soon I'll have the motivation to rebuild the mod to the state it was in before it got corrupted.

• 2 months later...