Quick Question

First and foremost, allow me to applaud the makers of this game for another successful project. I loved Wrestling Spirit, and this sequel looks to exceed the standards given by the first game. Now, my problem. Whenever I'm in a match, my main goal is to just win. However, I am sometimes surprised to see that the match was not a good one. How can I improve this? What are the secrets of making a good match? I've had matches ranged from having the crowd chant "That Match Sucked" to "That was Awesome" and I don't know what seperated the two matches. Is there something I'm not picking up, or does this thing take time and practice? What are some tricks to improve my match rating, and keep it consistent?

Being on the creative team, I would like to throw out my thanks for the kind words. Adam really did a great job on this. Re: Match Ratings It depends upon the promotion's style; hardcore fans love blood, etc. Generally speaking, the more pinfall/submission attempts in a match, the more the fans will get into it. On top of that, the Wow factor of moves is also a big part of it.

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost]Being on the creative team, I would like to throw out my thanks for the kind words. Adam really did a great job on this. Re: Match Ratings It depends upon the promotion's style; hardcore fans love blood, etc. Generally speaking, the more pinfall/submission attempts in a match, the more the fans will get into it. On top of that, the Wow factor of moves is also a big part of it.[/QUOTE] Thanks for your help! I think if I remember that and practice enough, I'll get better at the game. Thanks again!

Not only that, but a one sided match won't get a good rating. If you really want the high rating and you're whupping the opposition you'll have to try and let him back in the match (may I recommend so risky finishers). Of course with momentum this can be dangerous - as Danny Patterson against Rockin' Ryan Taylor I was whipping him, and just waiting to hit a finisher, when he suddenly rallied, and spent the best part of 10 minutes getting whupped. Made for a better bout, but I could never get the pin before time expired.

Archived