Re-Vitalising the X Division

I am currently playing a TNA 2006 save (currently in 2007) and imstruggling for inspiration and the best way to get the most out of X-Division workers/feuds.

Most of the workers are solid in ring but lack that X Factor of Mic/Entertainment skills and therefore angles suffer because of it.

I have signed John Morrison to inject a bit of life to the Entertainment aspect of the division and the Title Feud is currently ongoing between Morrison, Milano Collection A.T., Okada and Kota Ibushi.

Outside of that though, the rest of the division is suffering. I have talents such as:

Christopher Daniels

Elix Skipper

Prince Devitt

Tyler Black

Jushin Liger

Petey Williams

Shark Boy

Tajiri

and others...

How to i get some excitement into the X Division. In real life it was a highlight in TNA but im struggling to replicate that in game.

I know Kevin Nash gets a lot of flack, but I actually liked when he mentored Shelley, Sabin, and Austin Aries. He has the mic skills and overness to help his clients get more over.

Shelley and Sabin in particular are good picks because they're from Detroit, Michigan like Nash is. Him mentoring the Motor City Machine Guns would really help out a ton.

I know Kevin Nash gets a lot of flack, but I actually liked when he mentored Shelley, Sabin, and Austin Aries. He has the mic skills and overness to help his clients get more over.

Shelley and Sabin in particular are good picks because they're from Detroit, Michigan like Nash is. Him mentoring the Motor City Machine Guns would really help out a ton.

You mean Shelley and Lethal, Nash never mentored Sabin as far as I recall.

You mean Shelley and Lethal, Nash never mentored Sabin as far as I recall.

You had me questioning my memory, but according to cagematch, Nash managed Sabin in 2007. I think it was after Paparazzi Productions first ended. Nash promised to devote his management time to Machine Guns, but ended up favoring Angle and Lethal.

So it wasn't a long time or anything, but like I said, the Detroit/Motor City connection is a great hook for Nash managing Sabin and Shelley.

Personally Kevin Nash is my favourite wrestler ever and i loved the whole Paparazzi Productions in TNA.

I have already re-created this within my save to minor success. Slight issue is that Nash had a morale drop and walked out on the company about 6 months ago... haha

I am currently playing a TNA 2006 save (currently in 2007) and imstruggling for inspiration and the best way to get the most out of X-Division workers/feuds.

Most of the workers are solid in ring but lack that X Factor of Mic/Entertainment skills and therefore angles suffer because of it.

I have signed John Morrison to inject a bit of life to the Entertainment aspect of the division and the Title Feud is currently ongoing between Morrison, Milano Collection A.T., Okada and Kota Ibushi.

Outside of that though, the rest of the division is suffering. I have talents such as:

Christopher Daniels

Elix Skipper

Prince Devitt

Tyler Black

Jushin Liger

Petey Williams

Shark Boy

Tajiri

and others...

How to i get some excitement into the X Division. In real life it was a highlight in TNA but im struggling to replicate that in game.

Idk man if you're not getting results out of a list of talent like that then maybe it's time to close the division. What are Joe and AJ doing

The best thing about the X-Division IMO is that "its not about weight limits, its about no limits tagline". Which to me means bring in some versatility, bring in technical machines like Bryan Danielson, Claudio Castagnoli, Nigel McGuinness, Doug Williams. So I've basically had a quick look at ROHs roster in 2006-7 for suggestions, and people like Shingo Takagi, Chris Hero, CIMA, Matt Cross, Eddie Edwards, Davey Richards, Matt Sydal, KENTA, Dragon Kid, El Generico, Kevin Steen, Kenny Omega, Eddie Kingston, Rocky Romero, TJP, Takeshi Morishima, Naomichi Marufuji. Also, make sure to do World X Cups, loved the tournament as a kid. Personally think the addition of a few Samoa Joe type wrestlers in the division is a must, and the idea of Morishima/SHINGO/KENTA versus Okada/Ibushi etc for the X-Division championship, and then a few years later for the World Championship reeks of long term rivalries.

The best thing about the X-Division IMO is that "its not about weight limits, its about no limits tagline". Which to me means bring in some versatility, bring in technical machines like Bryan Danielson, Claudio Castagnoli, Nigel McGuinness, Doug Williams. So I've basically had a quick look at ROHs roster in 2006-7 for suggestions, and people like Shingo Takagi, Chris Hero, CIMA, Matt Cross, Eddie Edwards, Davey Richards, Matt Sydal, KENTA, Dragon Kid, El Generico, Kevin Steen, Kenny Omega, Eddie Kingston, Rocky Romero, TJP, Takeshi Morishima, Naomichi Marufuji. Also, make sure to do World X Cups, loved the tournament as a kid. Personally think the addition of a few Samoa Joe type wrestlers in the division is a must, and the idea of Morishima/SHINGO/KENTA versus Okada/Ibushi etc for the X-Division championship, and then a few years later for the World Championship reeks of long term rivalries.

I am currently toying with the idea of a World X Cup.

In relation to the additional talents:

Samoa Joe - Just coming off a feud with The Undertaker and The Ministry (Kane, Abyss, Brodie Lee, Prince Devitt, Black Reign)

AJ Styles - On my 2nd Brand show in a feud with Edge & Christian

I have also signed a lot of that talent mentioned above such as Bryan Danielson & Claudio. They are currently in a Tag Feaud against 'The British Invasion' (Doug Williams, Nigel McGuinness, Zack Sabre Jr & Dave Taylor)

Kevin Steen is a part of my Team Canada on my 2nd Brand (Lance Storm, Kevin Steen, A-1, Scott D'amore)

El Generico is in my Development, but soon to be called up, as are Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards

My personal booking style is more Entertainment biased and i feel thats where im struggling to get heat in feuds etc...

I am currently toying with the idea of a World X Cup.

In relation to the additional talents:

Samoa Joe - Just coming off a feud with The Undertaker and The Ministry (Kane, Abyss, Brodie Lee, Prince Devitt, Black Reign)

AJ Styles - On my 2nd Brand show in a feud with Edge & Christian

I have also signed a lot of that talent mentioned above such as Bryan Danielson & Claudio. They are currently in a Tag Feaud against 'The British Invasion' (Doug Williams, Nigel McGuinness, Zack Sabre Jr & Dave Taylor)

Kevin Steen is a part of my Team Canada on my 2nd Brand (Lance Storm, Kevin Steen, A-1, Scott D'amore)

El Generico is in my Development, but soon to be called up, as are Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards

My personal booking style is more Entertainment biased and i feel thats where im struggling to get heat in feuds etc...

Yeah mate scrap it. A work rate heavy division for small guys who don't talk doesn't suit your product. Put it out of its misery. Nobody is paying to see a 180 pound Irishman when there's a feud between the Undertaker and Samoa Joe on the card

Yeah mate scrap it. A work rate heavy division for small guys who don't talk doesn't suit your product. Put it out of its misery. Nobody is paying to see a 180 pound Irishman when there's a feud between the Undertaker and Samoa Joe on the card

Possibly, but what about WCW Cruiserweight division? They didn't get a lot of microphone time at all. It was the biggest highlight of the show for me.

I do agree that compared to Joe vs. Taker, it wouldn't do much.

Possibly, but what about WCW Cruiserweight division? They didn't get a lot of microphone time at all. It was the biggest highlight of the show for me.

I do agree that compared to Joe vs. Taker, it wouldn't do much.

Me too but it wasn't Psychosis and La Parka that were selling out the Georgia Dome it was Goldberg and Hogan

Besides my point really was that by the sounds of things his shows are already filled with workers who are just as good if not superior in way more prominent roles. A lower card match between Tajiri and Devitt loses its lustre if AJ Styles is wrestling Edge later.

It's a cool tagline, but it doesn't help the situation. I would say PUT an upper limit on the weight to the X-Division and put a minimum weight requirement on the World Title, then treat each as a major title. If anyone can go for the X-Division, why wouldn't they?

Yeah im not gonna lie, my roster is stacked, hence a 2 brand TNA.

Jericho is my current champ on Brand 1 about to feud with Samoa Joe (and drop the title to him at Slammiversary) after Joe has feuded with 'Taker (Taker offered to put him over 3 times...)

Other brand champion is Angle and he's feuding with Batista (who is the PWI Number 1 Wrestler for 2006)

Ive also snagged Lesnar, Benoit, Cena, Edge, Kane, Matt Hardy, Ric Flair, Big Show and a few lower level workers from WWE as well as Steve Austin as an Authority and The Rock who was a free agent.

Suprisingly the AI didnt even offer Undertaker a contract extension???

Been busy sadly. Just picked my NJPW game up again though! Kawada's contract is up... and geez man he hasn't done a single thing since the game started in 1992 (7 years ago) I've passed on him before but now I feel like I should just take him and give him something to do.

Been busy sadly. Just picked my NJPW game up again though! Kawada's contract is up... and geez man he hasn't done a single thing since the game started in 1992 (7 years ago) I've passed on him before but now I feel like I should just take him and give him something to do.

Wrong thread bud

umm. I started playing an 2005 version but then the broadcast were to open for everyone and anyone to get without any restriction. I played up to 2006 and I reedited almost everything.

I just started to somewhat play in 2006 a bit but theirs still some kinks to go through.

The best advice is possible go back to WCW Cruiserweights and WWE wannabe cruiserweights to see who is available. Also work out a deal with ROH Talents too!!

Obviously some stats should be edited depending on which mod you are using.

Here's who I got in my X-Division starting in 2006

Jerry Lynn 43

Christopher Daniels 36

AJ Styles 28

Samoa Joe 27

Chris Sabin 24

Shannon Moore 27

Matt Bentley 27

Petey Williams 24

Sonjay Dutt 24

Alex Shelley 22

Shark Boy 30 jobber

Austin Aries 28

Jay Lethal 20

Roderick Strong 23

Jerrelle Clark 31 jobber

Kenny King 25 jobber

Cassidy Riley 30 jobber

Hiroshi Tanahashi 30

Jushin Liger 42

Talents below are the ones I'm thinking about signing. You got to have jobbers and push the talents you really want to!! The age might not be accurate.!

Mikey Batts jobber

Frankie Kazarian 28

Brother Runt 36

Low Ki 27

D-Ray 3000 24 jobber

Tyler Black 20

Shocker 35

Johnny Devine 32 jobber

Ultimo Dragon

Halloween

Damien 666

I'm also of thinking of doing an X-Divison Tag Team.