Old School Fan renders

NWA World Women's Tag Team Championship (c. 1970-1984)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here's a look at the NWA World Women's Tag Team Championship belt, used between approximately 1970 (at the earliest) and 1984 (and were later used as the belts representing the WWF Women's Tag Team Championship from 1984 to 1989, even though the belts' plate design never changed); from photos I saw of the belts, only a large center plate was used for those belts.  Although the center plate decorative design is not 100% accurate, the shape of the plate itself here is far more accurate than this version shown here (which was most likely designed using photo references that had distorted viewpoints of the belts, hence the distorted shape of the center plate at its wings, which appear to fly upward instead of appearing as it does here).

• Like 2

Custom AGWA International Championship (for use in Rise of a Star)

spacer.png

spacer.png

This belt, whose design leans more toward a boxing belt than a wrestling belt here, was designed from scratch to represent the actual championship used initially as All Japan Women's top singles title (due to there being no available photos of the actual belt I could find) until it was replaced in 1970 by the resurrected WWWA World Championship.  As with the AGWA International Tag Team title belt further up the thread, this title's name is given in both English and Japanese.

• Like 2

It's been a while since I last added anything to this thread, but now I've got something new to add (and not necessarily a belt render).

Anyone who's familiar with my Rise of a Star diary will have seen the logo for 1960s/1970s Quebec promotion All-Star Wrestling/Les As de la Lutte on some posts (like this one), but here now is a custom-made version of the logo, with some changes made below:

spacer.png

In the two large stars included as part of the logo are Jacques Rougeau Sr. (left) and Johnny Rougeau (right), the two biggest stars of the promotion over the past few years, while in the smaller circles, going clockwise from top left, are Gino Brito, Renée Martel (ASW's biggest female star), Antonio Baillargeon and Jos LeDuc.  A smaller version of this logo will be used for future posts featuring ASW cards.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Custom NWA World Women's Tag Team Championship (for use in Rise of a Star)

spacer.png

spacer.png

For everyone who's been following my Rise of a Star diary to this point, this custom design of the NWA World Women's Tag Team Championship is what I have in store to use as the diary heads into 1971.  I'll be using this design instead of the one I have further up the thread due to a storyline I have planned for 1971 in the diary.

Edited by Old School Fan
Updated belt design
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Here's a new logo I'm planning to use for my Rise of a Star diary, linked to an upcoming development in the diary storyline:

spacer.png

As with my All-Star Wrestling logo further up the thread, a smaller version of this logo (which I created from scratch, as I couldn't find an actual logo for Grand Prix Wrestling) will be used for future posts featuring cards from this promotion.

Edited by Old School Fan
Info added
  • Like 3

NWA Pacific Northwest Women's Championship (for use in Rise of a Star)

spacer.png

spacer.png

While there was, in fact, a championship by this name IRL, it did not come along until during the Bruce Tharpe era of the NWA (when that title was established in Portland-based Blue Collar Wrestling); ITTL, thanks to the popularity of the AGWA, the legalization of women's wrestling in Oregon (several years earlier than IRL) and the success of the joint AGWA-PNW card from September 1968, such a title did get established in PNW - and here is that belt design.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

NWA North American Heavyweight Championship (Hawaii) (for use in Rise of a Star)

spacer.png

spacer.png

This custom belt was created from scratch to represent the Hawaii version of the NWA North American Heavyweight Championship because I couldn't find any images online of the actual belt (which was used as the top singles championship in Hawaii's 50th State Big Time Wrestling from 1968 to 1978 and was a rename of the Hawaii version of the NWA United States Heavyweight Championship, which originated in 1962).  Of the side plates, the coat of arms from the Great Seal of the United States appears on one plate (at left), while the Royal Coat of Arms of Canada appears on another plate (at right).

• Like 2

Canadian Women's Championship (1971) (for use in Rise of a Star)

spacer.png

Shown above is the new version of the Canadian Women's Championship belt, soon to be introduced in my Rise of a Star diary.  Two versions of the belt's plates are shown below in larger size for better detail:

French version (for use in Quebec)

spacer.png
English version (for use outside of Quebec)

spacer.png
And a look at the full belt in larger size, with a photo of current titleholder Renée Martel in the center plate's picture window:

spacer.png

• Like 1