Concept: Rookie Training Company?

I had an idea for a save, and I was wondering if anyone else has ever tried a concept like this.

The plan is to run a promotion that only hires rookies, newgens, and unemployed wrestlers with very little experience, and runs shows with them in order to give them in-ring training and exposure. Basically, the goal isn't so much to become a huge promotion, but rather to give some seasoning to newer or less-skilled wrestlers and see where they wind up going when they "graduate" to a bigger promotion.

Does this sound like a plausible save idea? And would anyone have any suggestions on how to run it?

I've done something similar. I hired a few veteran workers though. It was a fun save. I had stories, and it was fun watching them get picked up by rival promotions.

In my current 1970 save, I'm running a similar federation (but attempting to get big), and it is a blast watching my talent leave for bigger pastors. Availability is a nightmare though.

You might find you need a couple of veterans as backbone type guys, though it's a good fun idea for a save.

Rookies learn slowly from other rookies, so development will be slower if you don't have anyone with any kind of experience. Shorter matches tend to have lesser gains especially in the experience stat, which is a massive factor for early worker development, and if they're rookies, their psych is probably too low to be able to work long matches, so it is a self-feeding problem.

Still, working matches that they wouldn't get otherwise is a bonus.

Getting over the 20 experience hump is a tough task when you don't have veterans around. It's the biggest barrier I've ran into when running newbie companies.

This is a fun idea for a game.

I would open a small company and schedule it accordingly. 2-3 shows a month once you can afford it. Very small. Very cheap talent. Six matches a show.

I would then find two talented veterans. 100 experience. Can work. Can talk a bit. Fairly popular in your home region. They would be the long term lynch pins of the promotion, maybe the owner & user, headlining shows in tag matches. My main belt would be the 'insert state here' tag team champions, and these guys would either be the champs (if you can find a tag team that fits the criteria) or one babyface, one heel, who trade the belts back and forth with different rookies.

On the undercard I'd have an Under 25's Title and an Under 21's Title as secondary and tertiary belts, for some logical progression up the card. And I'd hire some local older lads, with some experience (20+) to help guys along. Maybe under masks if the 'training promotion' thing is kayfabe. You definitely do need experience to help train people, but you can still throw two 20 year olds in a match and have it be fine on a small indy card.