NXT 2.0: It Hits Different

Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic First Round Match:

Joe Gacy & Harland vs Idris Enofe & Malik Blade

Comments:

Toxic Attraction vs Raquel Gonzalez, Kacy Catanzaro, & Kayden Carter

Comments: Tough to call, but I expect a call-up for Raquel sooner rather than later.

Pete Dunne vs Tony D'Angelo

Comments: Breakker needs to defend the title against a proven veteran; Dunne makes sense, so he gets a win and climbs up the ranks a little bit.

MSK vs Grizzled Young Veterans

Comments:

AJ Styles vs Grayson Waller

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comments: Ah yes, who & who vs who & who :p I know Jacy a bit so I figure he gets the W here.

Comments: Catanzaro and Carter are the biggest goobers on the block, hopefully they get destroyed by Priscilla Kelly and Avery Taylor.

Comments: The Bruiserweight? Fugettaboutit!

Comments: Wes Lee is gonna get locked in the Shankly Gates and tap the F out.

Comments: Top bogan has gotta go over here.

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments: God the team of Kacy & Carter is such a waste of Kacy Catanzaro who is super athletic and super likeable. Could be a amazing face

Comments: Pete Dunne is a future NXT champion,Tony is not

Comments: Solid heel team to go all the way in the class and will further MSK needing the "higher Shamen's" guidance

Comments: Feels super early but I can see a dirty win for Waller

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

cZqfQqn.jpg

MEET THE TAG TEAMS IN THE DUSTY RHODES TAG TEAM CLASSIC:

Q1wf0cT.jpgofHLOOX.jpg

Odyssey Jones & Tankman:

Odyssey Jones burst out onto NXT last Summer when he came in second place in the NXT Breakout Tournament. Now with more experience under his belt, he's joined by his childhood friend Tankman in an attempt to win the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic!

riGS3oD.jpgJ2GzLxA.jpg

The Creed Brothers:

Brutus & Julius Creed have proved themselves as two of the most dangerous men on NXT 2.0. Part of the dangerous Diamond Mine, these two tough-as-nails wrestlers have the ability to make it far in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.

jnjMKp9.jpgNLuCX4Y.jpg

Legado del Fantasma:

After making it to the semifinals of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic last year, Joaquin Wilde & Raul Mendoza are looking to make it all the way this year. With their high-flying abilities, the sky may be the limit for Legado del Fantasma this year.

nUM9Or3.jpgm9MLM0L.jpg

Brooks Jensen & Josh Briggs:

One of NXT 2.0's newest tag teams, Brooks Jensen & Josh Briggs bring a hard-hitting style to the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. This team may be one of the less experienced teams in the field, but their grit is as strong as any other tag team.

GZQl90s.jpgOka5ERu.jpg

Los Lotharios:

This brash team from WWE are coming down to NXT in order to win the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. Angel & Humberto are two cousins who are arrogant outside of the ring, but can definitely back it up inside of it.

3m3XLqR.jpghQrvkPZ.jpg

Jacket Time:

KUSHIDA & Ikemen Jiro may be one of NXT's funnest tag teams. But don't let their fun demeanor fool you, KUSHIDA is a former NXT Cruiserweight Champion and has appeared in two previous Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classics. Will the third time be the charm for the "Time Splitter?"

AjnnBy1.jpgnEYjdWG.jpg

Edris Inofe & Malik Blade:

Inofe & Blade may not be well-known to fans, but they've built up a strong friendship outside of the ring. Will that friendship translate into tag team success?

TtR6DXU.jpgnbIJqH9.jpg

Joe Gacy & Harland:

Joe Gacy has preached equality and inclusivity since he arrived in NXT 2.0 a few months ago and he's recently acquired the monstrous Harland in order to achieve those goals. Now they're looking to build a more inclusive NXT by winning the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic!

RO41pYy.jpgVBBPWjf.jpg

MSK:

The defending Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic winners are looking to become the first ever two-time winners. They may be coming off of losing their NXT Tag Team Championships to Imperium, but they're still a dangerous tag team and may even be the favorites to win.

LhmcZ3I.jpgPPKvOmP.jpg

Grizzled Young Veterans:

Zack Gibson & James Drake have made it to the finals of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic two years in a row, but they've always failed to win it. Will they finally break the streak this year?

ivGJBdK.jpgFRc0yQK.jpg

Pete Dunne & LA Knight:

One of the odder tag teams this year, Pete Dunne & LA Knight are representing the old "black & gold" era of NXT. These two showed some good teamwork in last month's WarGames match, but can that translate into tournament success?

pnQiwr1.jpgaQu0oEX.jpg

Gallus (NXT UK):

Joe Coffey & Mark Coffey have made a name for themselves as one of Britain's most dangerous tag teams. With tag team gold in NXT UK under their belts, they're now looking to add the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic to their impressive resume.

HL0yMAf.jpgaV8MgPw.jpg

Pretty Deadly (NXT UK):

One of NXT UK's most arrogant tag teams, Lewis Howley and Sam Stoker aren't just a pair of pretty faces. These two have shown themselves as a force to be reckoned with in the ring, holding the NXT UK Tag Team Championships for nearly the entirety of 2021. Now they'll look to add to their success by winning the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.

nvAQle4.jpgqgU3bKa.jpg

Symbiosis (NXT UK):

Symbiosis may be one of NXT UK's newest tag teams, but don't let that fool you, Primate & T-Bone are two of the most feared wrestlers in all of Great Britain. Under the leadership of Eddie Dennis, there may be no end in sight for the destruction from Symbiosis.

VUOjzQ7.jpgc7Gnsgr.jpg

Moustache Mountain (NXT UK):

Tyler Bate & Trent Seven are making their first appearance in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic since 2019, where they made it to the semifinals. Two years later and one NXT UK Tag Team Championship reign under their belt, Moustache Mountain are looking to make it to the top of the tag team mountain.

We also have a mystery tag team this year! They will be facing Pete Dunne & LA Knight in the first round next week on NXT. No one knows who they are, but sources are saying that the team is known to start some fire at any given opportunity. Who will win the 2022 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic? We'll find out over the next few weeks on NXT 2.0!

Djk47aj.jpg

NXT 2.0- January 11th, 2022

Live From: Orlando, Florida

Commentary Team: Vic Joseph & Wade Barrett

We welcome you live from Orlando, Florida for another exciting edition of NXT 2.0! Before Vic Joseph and Wade Barrett can even run down the card for tonight, they're interrupted by Samoa Joe's music!

mvK49xH.jpg

Joe makes his way down to the ring to a chorus of jeers from the crowd. Joe grabs a microphone and tells the crowd to shut up before explaining wha he did last week. Joe says that since he got injured back in September and had to relinquish the NXT Championship, he had a lot of time on his hands...

Samoa Joe: "When I had to give up the NXT Championship for something outside of my control, I saw what NXT became. The NXT where I won the NXT Championship three times isn't the same NXT nowadays and that is a damn shame!"

Joe then explains why he attacked Bron Breakker last week. Joe says his attack on Breakker was nothing personal, but that Bron represents everything wrong with the new generation of NXT superstars...

Samoa Joe: "I've got nothing against Bron, I think he's a hell of an athlete, but he's what's wrong with NXT 2.0. While people like myself, Tommaso Ciampa, Finn Balor, etc., had to work our asses off to get to NXT, these guys just played football or knew a guy who knew a guy and that's why they're here. Well, I've had enough of that, starting now, I'm making them pay their dues!"

NO ONE WILL SURVIVE!

mVTejew.jpg

Tommaso Ciampa appears on the stage with a microphone! A taped-up Ciampa tells Joe that he has no idea what he's talking about...

Tommaso Ciampa: "If you think these guys are any different from you, me, Gargano, Balor, etc., you are out of your mind! I've been in the ring with people like Bron Breakker and I'll tell you what Joe, he hits harder than you ever have!"

Ciampa says that Joe's had his time in the sun, but it's time to pass the torch to the next generation. Joe snaps back at him, saying that Ciampa sounds like a weak little b*tch! Joe tells Ciampa that spending so much time in NXT has made him weak and that he has no problem taking out old trash like him. Ciampa dares Joe to do something and the two begin brawling! The two veterans beat the living hell out of each other until Joe kicks Ciampa below the belt! Joe then picks up Ciampa and locks him in the Coaquina Clutch! Joe keeps the hold locked in for a solid 20-30 seconds before officials run down to the ring and break it up. Joe stands tall over Ciampa as we go to commercials.

GRADE:

uVDMCWw.jpg

RwVP4Tz.jpg

TtR6DXU.jpgnbIJqH9.jpgVS AjnnBy1.jpgnEYjdWG.jpg

Joe Gacy & Harland vs Edris Inofe & Malik Blade

Joe Gacy & his associate Harland have been running roughshod over NXT 2.0 recently, with Gacy preaching his message of inclusivity, while Harland has just been destroying everyone who dares challenge him. This match is nothing more than a squash match that Gacy & Harland completely dominate. Inofe and Blade get the upper hand on Gacy on more than one occasion, but as soon as Harland gets in, he completely dominates. The match comes to an end when Harland grabs both Inofe & Blade and hits them with a double chokeslam! Harland puts his foot on Inofe and gets the three. Gacy calms Harland down after the match and smiles psychotically as officials tend to Inofe and Blade.

WINNERS: Joe Gacy & Harland

GRADE:

qCBDT4z.jpg

RwVP4Tz.jpg

VBBPWjf.jpgRO41pYy.jpg

After the match is over, we cut to a mysterious smoke-filled room, where Wes Lee & Nash Carter are located. Lee and Carter chat to each other about how this is the place where Riddle told them the "higher shaman" would be. The two men knock on the door and the door opens to reveal...

E6VwK78.jpg

ROB VAN DAM!

Rob Van Dam: "What's up bros? If you're looking for the higher shaman, it's me, the Whole F'n Show, Rob Van Dam!"

Lee and Carter freak out and ask RVD if he can help them win the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. RVD says he can under one condition. One smoke-filled screen wipe later, RVD agrees to manage them! The three men do a freeze-frame high five as we cut back to the ring.

GRADE:

yXm0vFz.jpg

RwVP4Tz.jpg

1qxCuG3.jpg3HILl4h.jpgZ5cX2cO.jpgVS bhhyWmY.jpgXZJc0Fe.jpg6PGtCS8.jpg

Mandy Rose successfully defended the NXT Women's Championship last week at New Year's Evil when she defeated Raquel and Cora Jade. This match is a good match and the crowd is solidly behind Raquel, Kacy, & Kayden. Mandy and Kayden start the match off with a collar and elbow tie-up, in which Rose hits Carter with a big forearm smash. Rose throws Carter off the ropes and attempts a back body drop, but Carter lands on her feet and hits Mandy with a dropkick. Carter tags out to Raquel, but Mandy sees this and hightails it out of the ring. After a little bit of a chase, Raquel is eventually taken out by Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne. Carter joins in on the brawl, while Kacy Catanzaro goes to the top rope. Catanzaro then leaps off the top rope with a moonsault onto all five women! Mandy and Raquel eventually get back into the ring, with Mandy tagging out to Gigi. Gigi tries running at Raquel, but Raquel knocks her down with a big boot. Raquel hits Gigi with a chokebomb before attempting a sitout powerbomb. However, that's reversed into a big hurricanrana from Gigi. The match comes to an end when Gigi tags out to Jacy Jayne and Raquel tags out to Kacy Catanzaro. Catanzaro ducks a lariat from Jayne, bounces off the ropes, and hits her with a tilt-a-whirl headscissors. Catanzaro attempts a running bulldog, but Jayne reverses it into a spinning sidewalk slam. Jayne attempts a backbreaker, but Catanzaro reverses it and rolls Jayne up for the three!

WINNERS: Raquel Gonzalez, Kacy Catanzaro, & Kayden Carter

GRADE:

AwED6Kq.jpg

RwVP4Tz.jpg

qnO7o3X.jpg

After the match is over, we cut to the backstage area, where Cora Jade is located. Cora, wearing a neck brace, says that last week, she want to hell and back with Mandy Rose and Raquel Gonzalez. Jade says she has the scars to prove it, but she's not done yet...

Cora Jade: "Raquel, you may have thrown me through the announce table and sprained my neck in the process, but I'm not focused on you. Mandy Rose, I've pinned you twice girl, I'm coming for that NXT Women's Championship whether you like it or not!"

Cora finishes by saying that she's going to get the NXT Women's Championship even if she has to go through Raquel Gonzalez, Toxic Attraction, or whoever stands in front of her!

GRADE:

fFWnCRX.jpg

RwVP4Tz.jpg

ivGJBdK.jpgVS vHJBlGo.jpg

These two have been feuding since WarGames, where Pete Dunne broke Tony D'Angelo's fingers. In response, D'Angelo has been brutally attacking Dunne with a crowbar and even threatened to make him sleep with the fishes! This match is a good match and the crowd is solidly behind Dunne. Dunne starts the match off by charging and D'Angelo before he even enters the ring, throwing him around the ringside area. Dunne throws D'Angelo shoulder-first into the ring steps before hitting him with a big exploder suplex. Dunne eventually throws D'Angelo in the ring and the match has begun. Dunne immediately attempts the Bitter End (Pumphandle Lift into Reverse STO), but D'Angelo elbows out of it and hits Dunne with a German suplex. D'Angelo taunts Dunne by slapping him a bit before attempting a belly to belly suplex. However, that's reversed into a neckbreaker from Dunne. Dunne then grabs D'Angelo's fingers and tries breaking them again, but D'Angelo hits him with a sneaky low blow that the referee doesn't see! D'Angelo hits Dunne with a gutwrench suplex before attempting his finisher, the Silencer (Northern Lights Suplex into Swinging Neckbreaker), but Dunne reverses it into a spinebuster. The match comes to an end when Dunne goes to attempt the Bitter End, but D'Angelo rakes his eyes and rolls out of the ring. Dunne tries going after him, but D'Angelo cracks him over the head with a crowbar! The referee calls for the bell as D'Angelo beats the living daylights out of Dunne with the crowbar. Officials eventually stop D'Angelo, but the damage may have already been done.

WINNER: Pete Dunne (by DQ)

GRADE:

lIMwv1T.jpg

RwVP4Tz.jpg

jjc6zHc.jpg

After a commercial break, we cut back to the ring, which is all decorated for some sort of celebration. Trick Williams is also standing in the ring with a microphone and says tonight is a celebration for the first ever simultaneous NXT North American and NXT Cruiserweight Champion, Carmelo Hayes!

Lh6oBN6.jpg

Hayes makes his way down to the ring, dressed in the finest Gucci clothes, and grabs a microphone. Hayes says that last week he proved why he's the hottest superstar in NXT 2.0 when he defeated Roderick Strong and shut up that loudmouth Malcolm Bivens! Hayes then begins to plan out his future...

Carmelo Hayes: "So what's next for Carmelo Hayes? Well, I've got my eyes set on the one title I haven't won yet in NXT. So, Bron Breakker consider yourself on notice. Because when Melo calls his shot, he don't miss!"

Before Hayes can continue...

f4Q1IUz.jpg

Cameron Grimes appears on the entrance ramp!

Grimes says he promised that 2022 would be the year he would stop chasing the greens and start chasing the gold and there's no better place to start than with Carmelo Hayes...

Cameron Grimes: "If 2021 was the year Cameron Grimes took off in NXT, then 2022 will be the year he goes TO! THE! MOON! Who knows, maybe that'll start when I take the NXT North American championship off of ya!"

Hayes laughs off Grimes and says the closest thing Grimes will get to the North American Championship is the toy version from the WWE Shop! Grimes fires back, saying that if Hayes is so sure of that, he'll give him a title match! Hayes laughs that off and tries to take a swing a Grimes. Grimes sees this coming and hits Hayes with the Cave-In (Leaping Double Foot Stomp)! A stunned Hayes rolls out of the ring, while Cameron Grimes stands tall in the ring holding up Melo's NXT North American Championship.

GRADE:

uVDMCWw.jpg

RwVP4Tz.jpg

RO41pYy.jpgVBBPWjf.jpgw/E6VwK78.jpgVS LhmcZ3I.jpgPPKvOmP.jpg

MSK w/Rob Van Dam vs Grizzled Young Veterans

This match has a bit of history to it. In fact, it's a rematch of last year's Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic finals! MSK won that encounter, will they do so again tonight? This match is a good match and the crowd is solidly behind MSK. Wes Lee and Zack Gibson start the match off with Gibson extending a hand. Lee goes to shake it, but Gibson thumbs him in the eye instead! Gibson throws Lee off the ropes and hits him with a dropkick. Gibson starts working over Lee's arm before hitting him with a belly to belly suplex. Gibson goes to stomp Lee's arm, but Lee rolls out of the way and hits Gibson with an jump kick. Lee throws Gibson into his corner, tags out to Nash Carter, and the two hit Gibson with a double suplex. Carter goes to the top rope and attempts a moonsault, but James Drake runs over and shakes the ropes, crotching Carter! Gibson takes advantage of this and hits Carter with a superplex! Gibson tags out to Drake, who hits Carter with a running knee drop. The match comes to an end when Drake throws Carter off the ropes and attempts a back body drop, but Carter lands on his feet and hits Drake with an enzuigiri! Carter tags out to Wes Lee, who hits Drake with a running hurricanrana. Lee then goes to the top rope, looks at RVD and does his pose, and hits Drake with the Five-Star Frog Splash! Lee covers Drake and gets the three!

WINNERS: MSK

GRADE:

uVDMCWw.jpg

RwVP4Tz.jpg

Gd6MOlP.jpgDf294ZE.jpggu0EWAI.jpg

After the match is over, we cut to a sectioned off area of the arena, where Imperium are located. Marcel Barthel and Fabian Aichner sarcastically congratulates MSK on their win, saying that it's the first time they've won anything of note since Imperium beat them for the NXT Tag Team Championship! WALTER then gets on the microphone...

WALTER: "Last week on NXT, we laid the groundwork for a new era. An era where the ring is respected and where disrespect gets punished. What we did to MSK and Riddle last week was only the start of what's to come. Everyone in the NXT locker room will soon fear the name of Imperium!"

With that, the three men hit their pose, their theme music hits, and we cut to our final commercial break of the night.

GRADE:

sNU69CV.jpg

RwVP4Tz.jpg

WRT92TD.jpgVS FaClBnf.jpg

Grayson Waller vs AJ Styles

These two have been feuding for the last month, with Waller essentially baiting AJ Styles into facing him tonight by repeatedly calling him out. Grayson Waller has poked the metaphorical bear, but will he get punished for it? This match is a good match and the crowd is solidly behind Styles. Styles and Waller start the match off with a collar and elbow tie-up, but that's quickly broken up when Waller slaps Styles across the face! Styles tries going after Waller, but Waller quickly reaches the ropes, preventing Styles from attacking him. Waller goes to attempt a cheap shot while Styles is arguing with the referee, but Styles hits him with a big forearm smash. Styles throws Waller off the ropes and hits him with a big back body drop. Styles goes to the apron and attempts the Phenomenal Forearm, but Waller dropkicks him as Styles tries to jump off the top rope, sending him crashing to the outside. Waller goes to the top rope and attempts a diving splash to the outside, but Styles catches him and charges him right into the ring post! Styles goes the apron as Waller gets up and attempts to hit him with a penalty kick, but Waller catches his leg and trips him up, landing him back-first on the apron! Waller throws Styles back in the ring, goes to the top rope, and hits him with a moonsault. The match comes to an end when Waller attempts a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker, but Styles reverses it and hits Waller with a sitout powerbomb! Styles then goes to the apron and attempts the Phenomenal Forearm, but Waller catches him and hits him with a sitout side slam! Waller then hits Styles with his finisher, the 21st Century Stunner (Front-flip into Running Stunner)! Waller covers Styles and gets the three! What a stunning upset, Grayson Waller has just defeated a two-time WWE Champion!!!

WINNER: Grayson Waller

GRADE:

rYcatOR.jpg

RwVP4Tz.jpg

WRT92TD.jpg

After the match is over, Grayson Waller celebrates like he just won the Super Bowl, World Series, and World Cup all at once. Waller showboats around the ring, even mocking the fallen AJ Styles by getting up in his face and yelling "I TOLD YOU SO!" However, as he's yelling in Styles's face, he's hit with a chair! The camera pans up to reveal...

hseKhAw.jpg

JOHNNY GARGANO!

The crowd breaks out into alternating "HOLY SH*T!" and "JOHNNY WRESTLING!" chants as Gargano continues to beat the living hell out of Waller. Gargano throws the chair aside and yells at Waller that if he thought he could get rid of him, he's dead wrong! Gargano celebrates with the crowd as NXT comes to a close.

GRADE:

OtJW19R.jpg

FINAL GRADE:

xVFJehN.jpg

TV RATING: 527,578 Viewers on USA Network (UP 40,429 from last week)

Popularity: Increased in 55 Regions.

Prediction Contest:

This Show:

1) KyTeran- 4 Pts.

2) ctessier197- 3 Pts.

2) Munit- 3 Pts.

2) James The Animator- 3 Pts.

5) Mootinie- 2 Pts.

5) ThatYoung450- 2 Pts.

Overall:

1) ctessier1997- 7 Pts.

1) Munit- 7 Pts.

1) KyTeran- 7 Pts.

4) ThatYoung450- 6 Pts.

4) James The Animator- 6 Pts.

6) Mootinie- 4 Pts.

6) Smasher1311- 4 Pts.

6) MisterRomanini- 4 Pts.

6) Blodyxe- 4 Pts.

10) angeldelayette- 2 Pts.

Thank you to everyone who predicted/commented! Next NXT card will be up later today!

Djk47aj.jpg

NXT 2.0- January 18th, 2022

Prediction Key:

Solo Sikoa vs Local Talent

Comments:

Odyssey Jones & Tankman vs The Creed Brothers

Comments:

NXT Women's Tag Team Championship Match:

Toxic Attraction © vs Kacy Catanzaro & Kayden Carter

Comments:

??? vs Pete Dunne & LA Knight

Who are ???:

Comments:

Samoa Joe vs Tommaso Ciampa

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Who are ???:

Comments:

Who are ???: South Wales Subculture

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Who are ???: Otis and Chad Gable

Comments:

Comments:

Comments: If only you had JR to call this match.

It's the slobberknocker portion of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic (boom boom)

Thank you to everyone who's predicted/commented so far! Next episode of NXT will be up tomorrow!

Djk47aj.jpg

NXT 2.0- January 18th, 2022

Live From: Orlando, Florida

Commentary Team: Vic Joseph & Wade Barrett

WRT92TD.jpg

This week's edition of NXT 2.0 starts in the parking lot, where a limo arrives. The door opens and Grayson Waller steps out to a huge chorus of jeers from the NXT universe. Waller smugly walks through the backstage area, bragging out loud about how he beat AJ Styles last week. He soon runs into...

ZkeOHUO.jpg

Indi Hartwell!

Indi angrily asks Waller what he wants, to which Waller responds by saying that he just wants everyone to know what he did last week.

Grayson Waller: "Besides Indi, are you a bit jealous of what a real man can do? This man not only took out your father figure in Johnny Gargano but also beat the living hell out of your husband, Dexter Lumis!"

Hartwell stews in anger and says Waller's going to get what's coming to him soon enough. Waller then makes his way to the ring and grabs a microphone. After numerous "WALLER SUCKS!" chants, Waller chastises the fans for being jealous of his success. Waller then begins to talk about what happened last week...

Grayson Waller: "Last week, AJ Styles got into the ring with me and experienced the Grayson Waller Effect first-hand! Not only did I beat a former WWE Champion, I beat a former WWE Champion clean as a whistle. I think that puts me first in line for an NXT Championship match, don't you think?"

The crowd responds with an overwhelming "NO!" as Waller laughs them off. Waller says he's going to be the next NXT Champion no matter what anybody in the crowd thinks about it! Before Waller can continue, Johnny Gargano's music hits! Waller looks towards the entrance ramp, but Gargano is nowhere to be seen. Suddenly...

hseKhAw.jpg

Johnny Gargano appears on the apron!

Waller tries charging towards Gargano, but Gargano hits him with a big forearm smash. Gargano then gets in the ring and a big brawl breaks out! Gargano and Waller brawl all around the ring before Gargano tries hitting him with a DDT. Waller manages to escape it and hightails it out of the arena. Gargano chases after him as we go to commercials.

GRADE:

sNU69CV.jpg

RwVP4Tz.jpg

Wc3v31C.jpgVS CxV7NV8.jpg

Sikoa's been running roughshod through NXT 2.0 since he debuted back in October and he shows no sign of slowing down. This match is nothing more than a squash match that Sikoa completely dominates. Sikoa eventually finishes off the local talent after he hits him with his finisher, the Solo Splash (Diving Splash).

WINNER: Solo Sikoa

GRADE:

WiKOald.jpg

RwVP4Tz.jpg

1qxCuG3.jpg

After the match is over, we cut to Mandy Rose, who's sitting poolside at her expensive home. Rose says she's taking this week off because she's earned it after defeating both Raquel Gonzalez and Cora Jade at New Year's Evil. Mandy says that she still has to defend her title at every event, so she has to face either Raquel or Cora at Vengeance Day next month. Mandy then announces that she's learned from NXT officials that Cora and Raquel will face off next week in a ladder match to determine the number one contender to the NXT Women's Championship! Mandy then says she's not worried either way...

Mandy Rose: "It doesn't matter who wins between Raquel and the punk Cora Jade, because at Vengeance Day, it's going to be toxic!"

Mandy then sips some champagne as we cut back to the arena.

GRADE:

fONYugE.jpg

RwVP4Tz.jpg

Q1wf0cT.jpgofHLOOX.jpgVS riGS3oD.jpgJ2GzLxA.jpgw/OcOYC9H.jpg

Odyssey Jones & Tankman vs The Creed Brothers w/Malcolm Bivens

Another exciting first round match in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic pits two powerhouse tag teams against one another! This match is a good match and the crowd is solidly behind Odyssey & Tankman. Odyssey and Julius Creed start the match off with Odyssey taking Julius down with a lariat. Odyssey throws Julius into the corner and hits him with a knife edge chop. Odyssey attempts a military press slam, but Julius knees him in the head and clips Odyssey's knee. With Odyssey down to a knee, Julius runs off the ropes and hits him with a bulldog. Julius throws Odyssey into his corner, tags out to Brutus Creed, and they hit him with a double suplex. Brutus continues to go after Odyssey's knee by stomping away at it until he tries to deadlift suplex him. That fails and Odyssey manages to hit Brutus with a back elbow smash. Odyssey picks up Brutus and hits him with a powerslam. Odyssey throws Brutus off the ropes and attempts a back body drop, but Brutus lands on his feet and once again goes after Odyssey's leg. The match comes to an end when Brutus tries locking Odyssey in a leg lock, but Odyssey manages to get close enough to Tankman so he could tag himself in! Tankman runs off the ropes and hits Brutus with a running diving splash, taking out Brutus and freeing Odyssey at the same time. Tankman takes out Julius, picks up Brutus, and hits him with his finisher, the Tankbomb (Spinning Sitout Powerbomb)! Tankman covers Brutus and gets the three!

WINNERS: Odyssey Jones & Tankman

GRADE:

AwED6Kq.jpg

RwVP4Tz.jpg

WRT92TD.jpghseKhAw.jpg

After the match is over, we cut to the backstage area, where Grayson Waller is still frantically running from Johnny Gargano. Gargano yells at Waller to stop to get his ass-whooping, but Waller just keeps running. As Waller sees the parking lot, he starts sprinting full speed to it, however, he's tripped up by...

ZkeOHUO.jpg

Indi Hartwell!

Waller tries stumbling back to his feet, but it's too late as Gargano has caught up to him! Gargano begins unleashing a barrage of punches onto Waller as the crowd roars in approval. Gargano tries hitting Waller with a DDT on the exposed concrete, but Waller manages to hit Gargano below the belt! Waller then sees an open car, hops in it, and speeds off into the night as the original owner in the car yells for him to come back. Gargano eventually gets up and says that he's not done with Waller as Indi tends to him and we go to a commercial break.

GRADE:

LIZBox6.jpg

RwVP4Tz.jpg

3ucAR9W.jpg

After a commercial break, we cut to a video showing a run-down old gym. Suddenly, Timothy Thatcher enters the frame! Thatcher says that it's been a while since he's shown up on NXT and there's several reasons for that. Thatcher says the biggest reason is that he lost his spark to wrestle. Clips of Thatcher wrestling with a bunch of his students start playing before Thatcher finishes off the video by saying that he's ready to come back...

Timothy Thatcher: "Watching all these new faces on NXT 2.0 lit that spark back in me. So let this be a warning to everyone in NXT, Thatch-as-Thatch-can wrestling is back!"

GRADE:

cPIEgRQ.jpg

RwVP4Tz.jpg

TzYsZzd.jpg

3HILl4h.jpgZ5cX2cO.jpgVS XZJc0Fe.jpg6PGtCS8.jpg

Kacy & Kayden won this opportunity last week when Kacy pinned Jacy Jayne during their six woman tag team match also involving Mandy Rose & Raquel Gonzalez. This match is a good match and the crowd is solidly behind Kacy & Kayden. Kayden Carter and Gigi Dolin start the match off with a collar and elbow tie-up, in which Carter hits Dolin with a suplex. Carter throws Dolin into the corner and hits her with a knife edge chop. Carter goes to the top rope and attempts a diving elbow drop, but Dolin rolls out of the way and hits Carter with a dropkick. Dolin hits Carter with an enzuigiri before hitting her with a German suplex. Dolin tags out to Jacy Jayne, who hits Carter with a lariat. Jayne attempts a northern lights suplex, but Carter reverses it into a neckbreaker. Carter throws Jayne off the ropes, hits her with a hurricanrana, and tags out to Kacy. Kacy runs at Jayne and hits her with a shotgun missile dropkick. Kacy throws Jayne off the ropes and hits her with a tilt-a-whirl headscissors. Kacy attempts a tornado DDT, but Jayne reverses it into a belly to belly suplex. The match comes to an end when Jayne tags out to Dolin and Kacy tags out to Kayden. Gigi attempts a lariat, but Kayden ducks it and hits Gigi with a dropkick. Kayden attempts a back suplex, but Gigi reverses it into a running bulldog. She then hits Kayden with her finisher, the Dolin Driver (Doublearm Lifting Facebuster). Jayne takes out Kacy as Dolin gets the three.

WINNERS: Toxic Attraction

GRADE:

OtJW19R.jpg

RwVP4Tz.jpg

ivGJBdK.jpgFRc0yQK.jpg

After the match is over we cut to the locker room, where Pete Dunne and LA Knight are located. Dunne is sitting stoically, while Knight asks him what's wrong. Dunne says that he's got his mind focused on too many things, between tonight's Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic match and Tony D'Angelo, it's a lot. Knight responds by hyping Dunne up, saying that he's way too good to worry. Dunne agrees, saying that he's ready to take care of both of his problems...

Pete Dunne: "After we win tonight against this mystery tag team, I'm taking care of that Tony D'Angelo problem. Then who knows, that NXT Championship looks very appealing right about now!"

LA Knight tells Dunne to focus on the present but agrees that they're going to win tonight and if you disagree with that, you're a dummy (yeah!).

GRADE:

ITFcZLy.jpg

RwVP4Tz.jpg

ivGJBdK.jpgFRc0yQK.jpg

Pete Dunne & LA Knight make their way to the ring and silently await their opponents...

XeEd4SJ.jpgvh8RTXB.jpg

THAT'S MAX CASTER AND ANTHONY BOWENS! WHAT ARE THEY DOING IN NXT?!?!?

The crowd goes absolutely wild as Caster grabs a microphone and begins to rap...

Max Caster:

"Yo, It's The Acclaimed, here to grab the crown because a certain Khan kept holding us down!"

"Me and Bowens, we hit like trucks, certainly better than some indy Bucks!"

"Dunne and Knight, you ready for defeat? Because we're the only team in NXT that's all elite!"

Anthony Bowens: "NXT!!!!! THE ACCLAIMED HAVE ARRIVED!"

The crowd chants "HOLY SH*T!" as the bell rings and the match begins.

GRADE:

sNU69CV.jpg

RwVP4Tz.jpg

ivGJBdK.jpgFRc0yQK.jpgVS XeEd4SJ.jpgvh8RTXB.jpg

Pete Dunne & LA Knight vs The Acclaimed (Max Caster & Anthony Bowens)

The crowd is still going wild and even the commentary team can't get over the fact that The Acclaimed are in NXT. Either way we have a match to get to as Max Caster & Pete Dunne start things off. Max starts the match off by trying to flip off Dunne, but Dunne grabs his finger and damn near breaks it! Dunne hits Caster with a belly to belly suplex before hitting him with a running knee drop. Dunne attempts another belly to belly suplex, but Caster pokes him in the eye and hits him with a neckbreaker. Caster tags out to Bowens, who hits Dunne with a running elbow drop. Bowens picks up Dunne and hits him with a powerslam before hitting him with a standing moonsault. Bowens attempts a discus elbow smash, but Dunne ducks it and hits Bowens with a running high knee. Dunne tags out to LA Knight, who hits Bowens with a snap suplex. Knight throws Bowens into the corner and hits him with a knife edge chop. Knight goes to attempt a sidewalk slam, but Bowens wiggles out of it and hits Knight with a big overhead belly to belly suplex. Bowens tags out to Caster, who starts stomping away at Knight. Caster goes to attempt a Death Valley Driver, but Knight reverses it and sends Caster crashing headfirst into the turnbuckle! The match comes to an end when Knight tags out to Dunne. Dunne picks up Caster and attempts the Bitter End, but before he can hit it...

vHJBlGo.jpg

Tony D'Angelo runs down to the ring with a crowbar!

D'Angelo starts yelling at the referee, which allows Caster to hit Dunne below the belt! Caster and Bowens then hit Dunne with their finisher, the Critically Acclaimed (Bowens Sidewalk Slam into Caster Diving Elbow Drop)! Bowens takes out Knight and Caster covers Dunne to get the three.

WINNERS: The Acclaimed

GRADE:

sNU69CV.jpg

RwVP4Tz.jpg

Lh6oBN6.jpgjjc6zHc.jpg

After the match is over, we cut to Carmelo Hayes & Trick Williams being interviewed backstage. Hayes is asked about what Cameron Grimes did last week, to which Melo responds by saying that he's not worried...

Carmelo Hayes: "Listen, I could not care less about what some hick from North Carolina has to say about the first ever simultaneous NXT North American & Cruiserweight Champion. What really matters is what I said, I've got my eyes set on that NXT Championship and nobody is going to stand in my way!"

Before Melo can continue...

f4Q1IUz.jpg

Cameron Grimes struts his way onto the set!

Grimes says he knows he can't be hearing Hayes right, because he doesn't sound like someone who had his chest caved in last week! Grimes then pitches himself as a challenger to Melo...

Cameron Grimes: "Carmelo, I'm the only guy in NXT to have your number, so I think that puts Cameron Grimes to the front of the line for a shot at the NXT North American Championship!"

Before Grimes can continue...

Ew218Cp.jpgJh0NoM8.jpg

Santos Escobar and Elektra Lopez make their way onto the set!

Santos says that Grimes must be out of his mind if he thinks he can win the NXT North American Champonship Escobar says he should be the one with the North American Championship match!

Santos Escobar: "I'm the only person in this room right now to have held a title for nearly a year, I'm one of the most dominant superstars on this damn roster, where's my title shot?"

Before anything else can happen...

x9lL10c.jpgOcOYC9H.jpg

Roderick Strong and Malcolm Bivens make their way on screen!

Bivens says that Melo & Roderick Strong still have unfinished business, as Strong is owed a rematch from New Year's Evil. Hayes fires back, saying that Strong can't get a rematch for a title that doesn't exist and the whole thing devolves into yelling before Trick Williams interjects...

Trick Williams: "I've had enough of this needless bitching! We all know none of you are better than Melo, but if one of you really wants the opportunity to face him at Vengeance Day, how 'bout you figure it out in the ring next week?"

With that, Melo & Trick exit and Grimes, Escobar, & Roderick stare each other down.

GRADE:

fONYugE.jpg

RwVP4Tz.jpg

mvK49xH.jpgVS mVTejew.jpg

Samoa Joe made his stunning return to NXT two weeks ago when he assaulted Bron Breakker after he won the NXT Championship. Last week, Tommaso Ciampa chastised him for doing so and got beat down by Samoa Joe in return. This match is a good match and the crowd is solidly behind Ciampa. Ciampa and Joe start the match off by exchanging a barrage of punches, with Joe eventually getting the upper hand by hitting Ciampa with a belly to belly suplex. Joe throws Ciampa into the corner and hits him with a knife edge chop. Joe attempts a powerbomb, but Ciampa wiggles out of it and hits Joe with a DDT. Ciampa throws Joe to the outside, lifts up the padding, and attempts to send Joe headfirst into the concrete with a DDT! However, Joe reverses it and hits Ciampa with a back body drop on the concrete! Joe throws Ciampa around the ringside area, finishing off by sending Ciampa shoulder first into the ring steps! Joe throws Ciampa back in the ring and tries locking in the Coquina Clutch, but Ciampa stops him from fully locking it in. Joe tries to reapply the hold, but Ciampa elbows him square in the nose, busting Joe open! Ciampa runs off the ropes and hits Joe with a running knee strike, sending Joe crashing to the outside. Ciampa then runs off the ropes and hits Joe with a suicide dive! The match comes to an end when Ciampa throws Joe back in the ring and attempts the Willow's Bell, but Joe fights out of it and blasts Ciampa with a lariat! Joe then picks up Ciampa and hits him with the Muscle Buster! Joe thinks about going for the cover, but then decides to lock Ciampa in the Coquina Clutch instead! Ciampa immediately passes out, but Joe keeps the hold in! The referee threatens to disqualify Joe and that's when he finally releases the hold.

WINNER: Samoa Joe

GRADE:

C6cqcRR.jpg

RwVP4Tz.jpg

mvK49xH.jpgmVTejew.jpg

After the match is over, Joe decides to put the Coquina Clutch back on Ciampa! The bell keeps ringing, but Joe keeps the hold locked in. That is until...

XT7blbo.jpg

Bron Breakker runs down to the ring!

Joe immediately breaks the hold and he & Breakker begin brawling! The two men start beating the living hell out of each other, with each man landing some big shots. Joe eventually gets the upper hand and tries locking in the Coquina Clutch, but Breakker reverses it and hits Joe with a spinebuster! Joe quickly rolls out of the ring as Breakker yells at him to come back and fight him like a man. The two men stare each other down as NXT comes to a close.

GRADE:

sNU69CV.jpg

FINAL GRADE:

86FQcOE.jpg

TV RATING: 517,652 Viewers on USA Network (Down 9,926 Viewers from Last Week)

Popularity: Increased in 55 Regions.

Prediction Contest:

This Show:

1) ctessier1997- 4 Pts.

1) ThatYoung450- 4 Pts.

3) James The Animator- 3 Pts.

3) KyTeran- 3 Pts.

Overall:

1) ctessier1997- 11 Pts.

1) KyTeran- 10 Pts.

4) ThatYoung450- 10 Pts.

4) James The Animator- 9 Pts.

1) Munit- 7 Pts.

6) Mootinie- 4 Pts.

6) Smasher1311- 4 Pts.

6) MisterRomanini- 4 Pts.

6) Blodyxe- 4 Pts.

10) angeldelayette- 2 Pts.

Here's an update on the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic bracket for those interested:

EMijbIr.png

Thank you to everyone for your predictions/comments! Next NXT card will be up tomorrow!

Djk47aj.jpg

NXT 2.0- January 25th, 2021

Prediction Key:

Brooks Jensen & Josh Briggs vs Legado del Fantasma

Comments:

NXT North American Championship Number One Contender's Triple Threat:

Cameron Grimes vs Santos Escobar vs Roderick Strong

Comments:

Io Shirai vs Dakota Kai

Comments:

Jacket Time vs Los Lotharios

Comments:

NXT Women's Championship Number One Contender's Ladder Match:

Cora Jade vs Raquel Gonzalez

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Io Shirai vs Dakota Kai

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Io Shirai vs Dakota Kai

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

<p>Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic First Round Match:</p><p>

<strong>Brooks Jensen & Josh Briggs</strong> vs Legado del Fantasma</p><p>

Comments:</p><p> </p><p>

NXT North American Championship Number One Contender's Triple Threat:</p><p>

Cameron Grimes vs <strong>Santos Escobar</strong> vs Roderick Strong</p><p>

Comments: interesting match as Roddy is always competitive. I haven’t watched a lot of the new NXT after the dismantling of it, but I really do like Santos Escobar. Is it just me of does Grimes just remind me a little of Gorgeous Jimmy Garvin. Can’t figure out what it is, but something about him reminds me of him (not the gimmick)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Io Shirai</strong> vs Dakota Kai</p><p>

Comments: Kai is sneaky and I could see the upset here. But I think the idea might be to build another challenge to Mandy Rose.</p><p> </p><p>

Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic First Round Match:</p><p>

<strong>Jacket Time</strong> vs Los Lotharios</p><p>

Comments:</p><p> </p><p>

NXT Women's Championship Number One Contender's Ladder Match:</p><p>

Cora Jade vs <strong>Raquel Gonzalez</strong></p><p>

Comments: The ladder is the compelling component of this match. It would allow Jade to steal a win over the monstrous Gonzalez. Still just too much power in the end to overcome</p>

Io Shirai vs Dakota Kai

Comments: