WCW 1992: A Dangerous Alliance

nKz6BGj.gif

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING SATURDAY NIGHT ON TBS

WEEK TWO - MARCH 1992

FROM THE JACKSONVILLE COLISEUM

v4pxe0J.jpgRO3hoYI.jpgwPqC9Xg.jpg

ANNOUNCE TEAM: JIM ROSS, TONY SCHIAVONE, AND DUSTY RHODES

The announce team welcome us back to WCW Saturday Night, Tony Schiavone saying we have a loaded card and WCW United States title match in the main event! Jim Ross says there is no time to waste, and sends it to the ring.

smLceZm.jpg

Sting makes his way into the arena to a chorus of cheers from the fans, ribs still taped. He promises he'll be 100% in time for War Games, even if Ricky Steamboat might still be feeling the effects of his injury by Wrestle War. But, none of that matters because rage and the drive for revenge are more than enough to overcome the adversity of injury. He takes a moment to hype up each member of his team, saving Marcus Alexander Bagwell for last. The Stinger says that not only will Bagwell complete the sweep and win the advantage for Sting's Squadron, but he's going to take home WCW United States Championship gold in the process.

362QX1q.jpgrywhr8F.jpg

That prediction brings out "Ravishing" Rick Rude and Paul E. Dangerously, who disagree with the idea that "little Marcus Bagwell" can beat Rude. Dangersouly says that The Enforcers losing last week was nothing more than a fluke, and that there isn't going to be any sweep taking place tonight. Rude will even the score and then, next week, he wants Sting & Ricky Steamboat themselves to step into the ring with The Enforcers!

"Win if you can, Stinger," Dangerously cackles. "But, first, you have to survive!"

"We'll be right back, folks, don't you go anywhere!" says Jim Ross before the commercial break

hCKEprs.jpg

Alexandra York is out with The York Foundation after the break; she says it doesn't matter which brother they call in, sooner rather than later, the whole Armstrong legacy will be acquired by The York Foundation.

5AgA5GL.jpglcCx2MI.jpgXLDZDz2.jpg

L2VBv6T.jpgvaENLtp.jpgHwG1PlB.jpg

THE ARMSTRONG BOYS

(STEVE, BRAD, AND BRIAN ARMSTRONG)

VERSUS

THE YORK FOUNDATION

(TERRENCE TAYLOR, THOMAS RICH, AND RICHARD MORTON)

w/ ALEXANDRA YORK

The story in this match was that Scott and Brian Armstrong chased Alexandra York off from ringside, allowing Brad to pick up the win by rolling up a distracted Richard Morton. The Armstrong Boys celebrate in the ring following the match, commentary selling that Scott has been on a tour of Japan recently but he cut it short to come home and help out his family.

WINNERS: THE ARMSTRONG BOYS

lIKiF0C.jpgOO6H8Py.jpg

Following a commercial break, The Fabulous Freebirds, Michael P.S. Hayes and Jimmy "Jam" Garvin, comes out onto the entrance stage and showboat for a moment with Missy Hyatt before Hayes says it's time to get serious. They promised they were "bringing in the big man" to help them take care of The Diamond Exchange tonight, so, without any further adieu, here comes the rock & roller himself...

Ao1Lc4d.jpg

Clearly expecting someone else, the crowd gives a lukewarm reaction to Van Hammer while Hayes puts him over as a young, unstoppable force in WCW. He says that Hammer will even the odds for them against The Diamond Exchange, and they can finally put this to bed once and for all.

vbT5X9H.jpgyXAFHW3.jpgAo1Lc4d.jpg

lIKiF0C.jpgOO6H8Py.jpglMhbXVd.jpg

THE FABULOUS FREEBIRDS

(MICHAEL P.S. HAYES & JIMMY "JAM" GARVIN")

AND VAN HAMMER

VERSUS

THE DIAMOND EXCHANGE

(DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE, THE DIAMOND STUDD, AND VINNIE VEGAS)

Rather than put the issue to bed, things seem to heat up once again between these two teams and the late addition Van Hammer; a wild brawl starts the match off, and the intensity remains pretty high throughout. The finish sees DDP remove a turnbuckle pad, and Vinnie Vegas hit Michael Hayes with the Snake Eyes in that corner to pick up a tainted victory.

WINNERS: THE DIAMOND EXCHANGE

2fxgXXp.jpg

Scotty Flamingo is out following a commercial break, calling himself the greatest thing going on in the Light Heayvweight divison and trying to flirt with a clearly repulsed Missy Hyatt. Hyatt rolls her eyes and asks Flamingo if he thinks he can out-wrestle Tom Zenk to which Flamingo laughs and calls Zenk a chump. He tells Missy to pay attention, she'll see what's up.

MtCnudb.jpgGqhJBoG.jpg

SCOTTY FLAMINGO

VERSUS

TOM ZENK

Scotty Flamingo gets overwhelmed for much of the match, and tries to showboat for Missy when he does get an advantage. Hyatt clearly prefers Zenk here, but Flamingo refuses to be outdone. He eventually steals the win by putting his feet on the ropes for leverage to gain a 3-count over Zenk.

WINNER: SCOTTY FLAMINGO

r1CrpWp.jpg

Paul E. Dangerously is backstage with Eric Bischoff, seemingly in a much better mood than he was at the top of the show. Dangerously says that Nick Bockwinkel thinks he runs things in WCW because some Board of Directors put him in charge, but that isn't true. The Dangerous Alliance runs things in WCW because they're at the top of the food chain, and tonight, they're going to prove it.

rUz3Hnh.jpg5Fl63aS.jpgfyv4FF6.jpg

01pLFZm.jpg2CrAC1w.jpg

"What's that?!" Bischoff exclaims as we hear a commotion off-camera. The cameraman moves his shot to reveal "Stunning" Steve Austin, "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton, and Larry Zbyszko have attacked Sting and Ricky Steamboat! It's a 3-on-2 beatdown as they toss the babyfaces into walls and backstage trash cans, Dangerously ranting all the while about how The Dangerous Alliance will not be shoved aside or ignored.

The Dangerous Alliance have an already injured Ricky Steamboat writhing on the ground when they pick Sting up and try to set him up for a Spike Piledriver on the concrete, but the rest of Sting's Squadron arrive just in time to make the save and stop the disastrous move

w1MOJUi.jpga8twC9o.jpg

The Samoan SWAT Team are out before Samu's singles match with Scott Steiner, cutting a promo with Eric Bischoff about how The Steiners aren't going to be getting the WCW United States Championship belts back because they aren't real champions anyway. Forget about The Steiner Brothers, forget about Michigan, forget about the entire USA because WCW is now under Samoan rule.

bj2CYQX.jpga8twC9o.jpg

SCOTT STEINER

VERSUS

SAMU

A hard-hitting bout between two bruisers, Steiner on a mission to get his stolen belt back while Samu is looking to prove his supremacy here. Fatu tries to get involved, but Rick Steiner chases him off and leaves only the singles match going on in the ring. Steiner picks up the win with an impressive Frankensteiner on the big Samoan.

WINNER: SCOTT STEINER

kjxs8kH.jpgPDOlx3l.jpg

CACTUS JACK

VERSUS

ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER

This is the third meeting between the two recently, and it's just as chaotic as ever. They spill out of the ring early, but manage to take it back inside before a double count out. Cactus does his signature elbow drop to the outside at one point, but Abdullah moves and tries to attack him with a fork. The bedlam just narrowly avoids ending in a disqualification, and Cactus takes home the win in the center of the ring.

WINNER: CACTUS JACK

0vfnPLK.jpg

Harley Race cuts a promo backstage with Eric Bischoff, laughing at the idea that Ron Simmons, Firebreaker Chip, and Todd Champion can conquer his Hydra when greater men have tried and failed. He promises to show Ron Simmons that he is on a fool's errand, and that he doesn't stand a chance at Wrestle War.

GwGAVyc.jpglVFVtMp.jpgl93EMWj.jpg

qmg8HDf.jpgWSVdhCG.jpgZZX5kpD.jpg

BIG VAN VADER, BAM BAM BIGELOW, AND MR. HUGHES

VERSUS

RON SIMMONS

AND THE WCW PATRIOTS

(FIREBREAKER CHIP AND TODD CHAMPION)

The story of the match is the big, bad heels keeping The WCW Patriots isolated and under control while keeping Ron Simmons out of the match. Until, of course, there's finally a hot tag and Simmons clears house on Hughes & Bigelow until he finds himself across from the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Big Van Vader! Simmons tries his best, but there's no good outcome for him to be found here as he falls victim to a Vader Bomb.

WINNERS: BIG VAN VADER, BAM BAM BIGELOW, AND MR. HUGHES

SR2XVzQ.jpg

Madusa Miceli is out after the break, chasing off Eric Bischoff and telling him he isn't needed anymore tonight. She introduces the crowd to a "real man" and the WCW United States Champion, "Ravishing" Rick Rude, who comes out with Paul E. Dangerously at his side. Rude comes out and hits the crowd with a bit of his old WWF shtick by calling them all overweight and inbred, and tells them to quiet down and listen to a real man speak; not a boy, like Marcus Alexander Bagwell. Rude finds it funny that Bagwell thinks he stands a chance at winning anything tonight; he couldn't beat "Stunning" Steve Austin, he won't beat "Ravishing" Rick Rude, and he doesn't stand a chance against The Dangerous Alliance.

sy4SaGN.jpg9XNnhTR.jpgVL2bwKO.jpg

WCW UNITED STATES TITLE MATCH

"RAVISHING" RICK RUDE ©

w/ PAUL E. DANGEROUSLY

VERSUS

MARCUS ALEXANDER BAGWELL

The announce team remind us that not only is the WCW United States title on the line, but this is also match two in a three-match series to determine which team has the advantage in War Games; a win by Bagwell ensures Sting's Squadron takes the advantage. Unfortunately for the babyfaces, that isn't in the cards tonight as even though Bagwell shows up to compete and puts in a good effort, he's no match for the veteran savvy of Rick Rude. A Rude Awakening retains it, and keeps The Dangerous Alliance's hopes for advantage alive.

WINNER, AND STILL WCW UNITED STATES CHAMPION: RICK RUDE

The announcers thank us for joining them here on TBS for WCW Saturday Night, and Jim Ross signs off for everyone once again!

• Like 1

WCW Saturday Night - March Wk. 2

The total possible points right now

DHK1989 has 62 points

OldSchoolFan has 51 points

Dalton has 47 points

Sco xY2Jx has 40 points

Historian has 29 points

forlan has 26 points

James the Animator has 24 points

Trevor Belmont has 23 points

BigJ has 22 points

Jaysin has 20 points

GooverDan has 19 points

Smasher1311 has 17 points

horseman4lyfe has 10 points

Hollywood has 9 points

CactusHack has 7 points

smw88 has 7 points

Pizza_Cookies has 5 points

Blodyxe has 5 points

HarmonyOfDissonance has 3 points

Only a few more shows until the first prediction prize!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/2/2022 at 4:20 AM, Old School Fan said:

Been a while since I've seen some activity with this diary, but I'm looking forward to seeing business pick up here again soon because I've enjoyed the events that've taken place up to this point (and making predictions on them).  😃

I had actually intended to move on from this for my DAVE dynasty because I figured the formatting of this would be wrecked in the changeover... but it actually doesn't look half bad. Allow me a few days to ponder the fate of this one, I still have the save.

• 2 weeks later...

So, after a lot of consideration, I don't think I'm going to be picking this back up. My DAVE 1997 effort and work on the EXWrestling mod are where I'm choosing to spend my TEW time right now and I don't think adding this back into the mix will be helpful to running either project.

BUT

I am happy to run through my booking plans to help "finish the ride" so to speak.

WRESTLEWAR 1992 was the next big event, where Sting's Squadron (Sting, Dustin Rhodes, Barry Windham, Ricky Steamboat, and Marcus Alexander Bagwell) would finally triumph over The Dangerous Alliance and put the feud to rest so Sting could move on to feud properly with Big Van Vader and Harley's Hydra. Elsewhere on WrestleWar, we would see The Freebirds losing a loser leaves town match to The Diamond Exchange-- contracts were coming up and I didn't want to renew Hayes and Garvin, and it seemed a good place to launch a push towards the Tag Team titles for The Diamond Exchange. Ron Simmons was going to get the WCW World title match on the card, where Vader would, of course, win to continue his monster push. The Steiners would triumph over The Samoan SWAT Team, Shane Douglas would have his first TV title program with "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff, who would be joining The Dangerous Alliance after a few failed chances and face turn teases for the veteran. Jushin "Thunder" Liger and Brian Pillman would continue to feud and trade the Light Heavyweight title while I built up guys like Scotty Flamingo to be heel spoilers in the division.

Cactus Jack and Abdullah the Butcher would have feuded off-and-on until I could figure out a solid place in the card for Cactus, and until I had leeched all the popularity off of Abdullah onto others that I could. Also scheduled for a long term program was The York Foundation trying to acquire the legacy of The Armstrong Family. Brother Steve would be the first one to turn and sell out to York, eventually all of the brothers turning on Brad and leaving him to defend the family's honor on his own. I had planned to involve Bob Armstrong somehow, but wasn't sure how just yet.

The Harley's Hyrda program would carry most of the year, with Sting losing his contractually obligated rematch at SPRING STAMPEDE 1992, an event that would see the return of the 20-man Bunkhouse Stampede as a more Royal Rumble-esque match with the winner receiving a WCW World title shot. The whole bunkhouse brawl gimmick would be retained, with guys in boots and jeans, but it would start off as 2 men with 18 others entering the match via timed entry. Ricky Steamboat would be declared the winner, going on to face (and lose to) Big Van Vader the following month at SLAMBOREE 1992.

CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS XIX would be main evented by Harley's Hydra taking on Sting, Ron Simmons, and Ricky Steamboat (the three faces previously demolished by Big Van Vader). The tides would start to turn here, Sting triumphing over Bam Bam Bigelow and leading to a gimmick match (hadn't decided what yet) at GREAT AMERICAN BASH 1992.

While these things were going on, there would be dissent in The Dangerous Alliance-- Rick Rude claims to be the centerpiece of the group as the only one left with gold, Steve Austin claims to be the future of the entire sport, while The Enforcers, Bobby Eaton, and Paul Orndorff all are forced to choose sides while Paul E. Dangerously tries to play peacemaker. The group would eventually turn on Austin, making him a face and leading to an Austin versus Rude feud over the United States title with Austin winning the belt at the Great American Bash (or possibly CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS XX).

HALLOWEEN HAVOC 1992 would've been headlined by the finals of a tournament to determine a number one contender to the WCW World title after Vader had cleared out every possibly contender (Sting, Ron Simmons Ricky Steamboat, Barry Windham, and even Marcus Alexander Bagwell in a true David vs. Goliath encounter at Clash of the Champions XX) throughout the year. Sting would win the tournament and go on to STARRCADE where he would finally reclaim the title from Big Van Vader and be celebrated as a hero. Steve Austin would triumph over Rick Rude at Starrcade to retain the United States championship and force The Dangerous Alliance to disband. Sid Vicious/Sid Justice/Sycho Sid's contract was up at some point around the new year, and I had planned on bringing him in with Paul E. Dangerously in a tweaked sports agent gimmick as Sid's manager to set him up as Sting's first big challenge as champion (either it was coming up then, or I would've edited it for the sake of a good story).

So, those were most of the plans... happy to answer any questions people might have that I didn't address. I would also be happy to share the save file if anyone wants to jump in and start playing from where I left off, just let me know.

• Like 1