Edge & ???? [vs] Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit

l2q8GRS.jpg

FEBRUARY 2002, WEEK 1…

In The Booth:

Byd8yp9.jpgngfBG19.jpgNsuqzi9.jpg

Jim Ross, Michael Cole and Tazz

A New Christian…

xaNzsrY.jpg2jaRQ7u.jpg

We kicked off the first show of February 2002 with the now former WWF Tag Team Champions: Edge and Christian, strolling to the ring… The elephant in the room was Christian’s sling, as his left arm hung in the bandage… and he looked saddened… He didn’t waste much time in addressing it though…

Christian:
“Yeah so uhh… last week, during our unsuccessful Title defence… I uhh… I got hurt… and uhh… I’m gonna be out a little while, yeah…!!”

Edge put his arm around his brother… and they both looked down at the ground… Last week, Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit arrived during the match with the new Champs: Mr. Perfect and Mr. Sexay… it was their distraction, and then physical interference that lead to E and C losing their Belts… and potentially Christian’s injury too… Edge was not happy…!!

Edge:
“Who does that…?! Who the HELL do they think they are…?! Jericho… This is your warning… Christian is out… but now that I’m on my own, I’m coming for that Intercontinental Title…!! And tonight… I’ll find a new partner to fight you and your ‘goon’…!!”

Q6coVof.jpg

fjxn4yW.jpgTJDZOqo.jpg38lmOWI.jpg

‘The Game’ Triple H [vs] Test

These two have a lot of history, some of it ancient, but there still seemed like genuine hatred between the two of them here. Triple H fought back hard after a solid start from Test, but then almost walked on to a ‘Big Boot’ from the youngster. After narrowly avoiding the devastating kick, ‘The Game’ hit his ‘Pedigree’ and scored the win.

Winner:
‘The Game’ Triple H

Finish:
'Pedigree'

Less Than 99 Problems

2ZF4zqm.jpg48UOvO8.jpgsBWDmfu.jpgo18UKjx.jpg

The Four Man Power Trip were shown next, watching the previous match… and agreed that Triple H’s form is a ‘problem’…

Vince McMahon:
“I can take care of Triple H… But we have two, very large, problems to deal with too… Big Show, and Rikishi… They BOTH want to be the Number One Contender and head to No Way Out to fight our glorious Champion: ‘Stone Cold’… Steve… AUSTIN…!! But I won’t allow it… And I certainly won’t allow these two behemoths to be on the same page… So tonight… Big Show VERSUS Rikishi… Winner goes to No Way Out…!!”

Q6coVof.jpg

NnVSDq9.jpgTJDZOqo.jpgrsWN9Eq.jpg

Spike Dudley [vs] ‘The Animal’ Batista

Despite picking up a couple of wins in the last few months, Spike Dudley stood absolutely no chance here. He was cut in half by a Spear early on, and pummelled into the mat by the powerful young stud. Batista mercifully put Spike away on 4 minutes with his ‘Batista Bomb’.

Winner:
‘The Animal’ Batista

Finish:
'Batista Bomb'

Q6coVof.jpg

Not Everything Is As It Seems…

We cut backstage following another impressive victory for Batista… to where old friends D’Lo Brown and Faarooq were catching up… They started off by talking about The Godfather, and his recent surgery/injury… Both men wished him well…

d6wg2ls.jpgDAm2QQF.jpg

D’Lo Brown:
“Listen, man… You always taught me to speak up… Tell it like it is… and don’t take crap from nobody…!! Well… I gotta know, man… Is Bradshaw who he says he is…?! I mean… Can you… Do you… Really trust him…?!”

Faarooq looked at the ground, and then seemed to look around for answers… He also may have been checking to hear if anyone was listening in… He said he wasn’t worried about Bradshaw… The outburst at the Royal Rumble where he attacked William Regal… or when he eliminated Faarooq himself from the Royal Rumble Match…

Faarooq:
“DAMN!!... You know me D’Lo… If I have to deal with him… to keep him in line… I will…!!”

wPnYd5i.jpg

Bradshaw was then shown listening in, stood behind some backstage equipment… He didn’t look impressed by his tag team partner and mentor’s comments… He also didn’t seem impressed that D’Lo was questioning his integrity…

Q6coVof.jpg

Open Challenged…

Next up in the ring, we had Marty Jannetty… Ready to find out who’d answered his ‘Open Challenge’… when his long-time rival Jerry Lynn headed onto the stage…

p7AAqWI.jpglnvow2h.jpg

Jerry Lynn:
“Marty, Marty, Marty… You probably wanted to fight me tonight, huh…?! But I’ve found an opponent for you… who you don’t stand a chance against… He’s one half, of the NEW WWF Tag Team Champions… He is… Mr. SEXAY…!!”

** It was at this point that I switched to my new laptop… Sadly, I lost almost all of my images, and crucially, the background I made myself, much like the new one… But hey ho, it is what it is… Here come the new Tag Champs…

USomMzd.jpgwFJYy24.jpg

Mr. Perfect and Mr. Sexay…!!

p7AAqWI.jpgTJDZOqo.jpgwFJYy24.jpg
w/
USomMzd.jpg

Marty Jannetty [vs] Mr. Sexay w/ Mr. Perfect

Jerry Lynn remained at ringside, and his presence was a constant distraction to the experienced Jannetty. He lost in the end, when Mr. Perfect got up on the apron to distract the referee. Lynn slid into the ring, but Jannetty dropkicked him back out again. Then Sexay came up behind the veteran, and planted him with his ‘Legsweep Faceslam’.

Winner:
Mr. Sexay w/ Mr. Perfect

Finish:
'Legsweep Faceslam'

The Perfect Night…

USomMzd.jpgwFJYy24.jpg

After the match, Mr. Perfect and Mr. Sexay grabbed microphones… because they had a message for the WWF fans… and two WWF performers in particular…

Mr. Perfect:
“At No Way Out… Sexay and I… are gonna face our toughest test yet… As we take on the man who won the Royal Rumble Match – Number One Contender for the WWF World Heavyweight Title… Eddie Guerrero…!! And his partner… Rey Mysterio…!!”

Mr. Sexay:
“INNNN… In… a NON-TITLE Match…!! Okay…!!”

Q6coVof.jpg

Bad Guys…

ZJ9Bf2F.jpgsnWPx6s.jpg

Backstage, Razor Ramon was stood with Bill DeMott… The two men, who used to work in another company, seemed to get along well…

Razor Ramon:
“Hey Yo…!! Impressed with your start here, Bill… Keep it up… I’m findin’ it… ‘Humorous’… how well you’ve been handling the schmucks you’ve been in the ring with…”

The announce team commented on how strange the interaction was, and how they seemed to be reacting to private jokes…

Q6coVof.jpg

NklwpFZ.jpgTJDZOqo.jpg9hgmH0p.jpg
w/
bMdGdnY.jpgLCJ58zh.jpgyiNkVvo.jpg

Scotty Too Hotty [vs] Jeff Hardy w/ The Hardy Family

Great match here, between two fast-paced, charismatic, stars. Jeff Hardy flew around the ring, as Matt, Lita and Shelton cheered him on at ringside. He had a scare late on, with Scotty hitting a bulldog and then the ‘Worm’. But Jeff kicked out of the resulting pin. The Light Heavyweight Champion found his second win soon afterwards, and hit a ‘Twist Of Fate’, before the ‘Swanton Bomb’.

Winner:
Jeff Hardy w/ The Hardy Family

Finish:
'Swanton Bomb'

Thunder Highlights…

As Jeff Hardy celebrated his win with ‘The Hardy Family’, a video package began playing on the big screen…

2klEsrH.jpg

Legendary Japanese star Jushin Thunder Liger’s Highlight Reel played to the live audience, to huge cheers… The Hardy Family flipped out in the ring… furious at what they’d seen…!!

Q6coVof.jpg

Chasing The Venis…

We cut backstage, and found poor Val Venis… On the run from Albert and Perry Saturn…!!

kSGGqG6.jpgGuU9FrF.jpgkJ8JmKL.jpg

Val was being chased after his TWO dates last week during RAW; footage of which aired on Smackdown… The first was with Molly Holly, and it went really well… In the second, a tired Val wanted to leave Terri, who was making advances towards him… He basically ran out of the room, knocking into Albert and sending drinks flying all over the big youngster… Albert and Saturn were here for revenge tonight, but Val was quick, and managed to get away…

He ran into a room, and shut the door behind him… and luckily, he found some friends in Hardcore and Crash Holly… Molly Holly’s two cousins…

Rw8SAVv.jpgczDLwU5.jpg

Hardcore Holly:
“Ey VAL… You think we’re ‘friends’…?! You took our cousin out for dinner… and then went on another date, on the same, damn night… So I got an idea… GET out into that corridor, and take whatever punishment is comin’ your way pal…!!”

Holly shoved Val through the door, and Albert and Saturn were right on him… ‘The Big Valbowski’ managed to get away again somehow though… Much to the anger of both of ‘Terri’s Boys’…!!

Q6coVof.jpg

ODirqOD.jpgTJDZOqo.jpgxUbjWZk.jpg
w/
8K09OdK.jpgCmNFaZ9.jpg

‘The World’s Largest Athlete’ Big Show [vs] Rikishi w/ Haku & Umaga

The Irresistible Force meeting The Immovable Object, was never going to be an instant classic. However, the crowd were into this one from the get-go. Big Show already had a great match with ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin at the Royal Rumble, and it seemed the fans wouldn’t mind a re-match at No Way Out. Equally, they didn’t seem to mind the idea of Rikishi versus Austin for the WWF World Heavyweight Title. What was abundantly clear though, was the respect between Show and Rikishi. The two big fan favourites shook hands at the start of the match, and appreciated each other throughout. They managed to knock each other out on the outside of the ring, with a double headbutt. ‘Kishi was closest to getting back into the ring, but neither man could beat the ten count!!

Winner:
DRAW

Finish:
Double Count-Out

Careful What You Wish For…

After the match was over, WWF Chairman Vince McMahon, arrived on the stage… With a big grin on his face…

ODirqOD.jpgxUbjWZk.jpg8K09OdK.jpgCmNFaZ9.jpgfIycXw7.jpg

Vince McMahon:
“Well, it looks like since neither of you can decide on a winner, and number one contender for the WWF World Heavyweight Title at No Way Out… ‘Stone Cold’ Steve… AUSTIN… is gonna have himself a night off…!!”

Vince laughed, and turned to leave like only he can… But he was stopped in his tracks by the sound of a car screeching, and then crashing… and the WWF Commissioner Mick Foley headed onto the stage with Vince…

VL71Lsn.jpg

Mick Foley:
“Hey Vince… How ya doin’…?! Listen, if Austin has the night off… maybe he can come to my place… watch the show… crack a beer… meet my kids…!? It’ll be GREAT…!!”

Vince agreed, and said it sounded like a lovely idea… but Mick interrupted him with pure anger…

Mick Foley:
“IF THAT HAPPENS, I’LL STRIP AUSTIN OF HIS TITLE… I’ll strip Undertaker of HIS… and I’ll make ‘em fight each other… with the loser, losing their JOB!! See… at No Way Out… Now that we have a draw between Big Show and Rikishi… Austin is going to fight them BOTH… For his WWF World Heavyweight Title…!!”

McMahon was livid, but he couldn’t do anything to Foley… because the intimidating Rikishi, Haku and Umaga made their way up the ramp…!!

Q6coVof.jpg

Hell… Fire… and Edge…

Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit made their way to the ring next, for the Main Event… They were soon joined by one of their opponents: Edge, who waited on the stage…

rua22cN.jpgdmleE7A.jpgO0AMKrZ.jpg

Edge:
“I searched high, and low, to find this partner… He’s been through HELL in his life… and in his WWF career… But he’s here to drag both of YOUR asses through hell…”

The flames hit behind Edge’s head… and KANE arrived…!!

9C8flJI.jpg

O0AMKrZ.jpg9C8flJI.jpgTJDZOqo.jpgrua22cN.jpgdmleE7A.jpg

Edge & Kane [vs] Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit

Kane was a real difference maker here, and his size and strength was something the other three men in the match simply don’t have. Edge took a beating from Benoit – who used his technical prowess to control the pace of the match, and more importantly, to keep Edge in their half of the ring. Kane was kept on the apron for a long time, but made a big impact when he came in. He hit some big boots on both Jericho and Benoit, and then took them both out with a flying double clothesline. Benoit took the pin in the end, following a ‘Spear’ from Edge. Jericho’s choices were to fight Kane and try and break up the pin, or just leave it and take the loss.

Winners:
Edge & Kane

Finish:
'Spear'

Updates…

UgpABbq.jpgRaRLnBr.jpgr8kOLRc.jpg

The announce team were on our screens as the show went off the air, with an update on two of the WWF’s biggest stars…

Jim Ross:
“First of ladies and gentlemen, as we wind down here… The Rock… We still have NO… I… DEA… when, he’ll return to action…”

Michael Cole:
“WrestleMania is just a few short weeks away JR… and No Way Out is even sooner… Doesn’t look like he’s going to be on the No Way Out card to me…!!”

Tazz:
“Yeah well Rock’s not the only glaringly obvious omission from the card, and from tonight’s show… KURT ANGLE will be here LIVE on Smackdown… to address his status, and the WWF Fans…”

Jim Ross:
“It’s going to be a BLOCKBUSTER edition of Smackdown ladies and gentlemen… From Taz and Michael Cole… I’m Jim Ross…!!”

aXIbg7R.jpg

Quick Results:

Triple H [def.] Test

Batista [def.] Spike Dudley

Mr. Sexay [def.] Marty Jannetty

Jeff Hardy [def.] Scotty Too Hotty

Big Show and Rikishi DREW

Edge & Kane [def.] Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit

Show Rating:

tPKuggu.jpg

>

Rikishi [vs] ‘The Bad Guy’ Razor Ramon

Al Snow [vs] Shelton Benjamin w/ The Hardy Family

Rey Mysterio w/ Eddie Guerrero [vs] Mr. Perfect w/ Mr. Sexay

Regal & Malenko [vs] Steve Blackman & Steven Richards

???? [vs] ‘The Japanese Buzzsaw’ Tajiri

Edge [vs] ‘Crippler’ Chris Benoit

cTnlhC0.jpg

FEBRUARY 2002, WEEK 1…

In The Booth:

RaRLnBr.jpgr8kOLRc.jpg

Michael Cole and Tazz

Olympic Opening…

We kicked off the show with ‘Olympic Gold Medallist’ Kurt Angle heading to the ring… The now bald technician looked like he was on a mission…!!

l62ei1A.jpg

Kurt Angle:
“I’m Kurt Angle… Your Olympic, Hero… And I’ve got news for you… I should be… The Number One Contender… For the WWF World Heavyweight Title…!!”

The crowd booed, but Angle wasn’t deterred at all…

Kurt Angle:
“I’m serious… I beat Big Show… I sure is HELL, can beat Rikishi… So can someone explain to me… How they’re getting Title shots… at No Way Out…?! Anybody…?!”

xUbjWZk.jpg8K09OdK.jpgCmNFaZ9.jpg

Rikishi lead Haku and Umaga to the ring… and Angle got the heck out of there as quickly as he could… He hopped the guard rail, and took his chances with the fired up crowd instead of confronting Rikishi and co…

xUbjWZk.jpg
w/
8K09OdK.jpgCmNFaZ9.jpgAIteFsf.jpgZJ9Bf2F.jpg

Rikishi w/ Haku & Umaga [vs] ‘The Bad Guy’ Razor Ramon

With people like Kurt Angle questioning why he’s getting a WWF World Heavyweight Title shot at No Way Out, Rikishi needed a big win here. Razor Ramon wasn’t about to let him get one. ‘The Bad Guy’ felt like he was up against three big Islanders, but if he’d focused on Rikishi a little more, he might have gotten the win. In the end, he was hit with the ‘Rikishi Driver’ and laid flat out for the pin.

Winner:
Rikishi w/ Haku & Umaga

Finish:
'Rikishi Driver'

MiuDDxH.jpg

Two Tribes…

We cut backstage next, where we found Triple H standing with Vince and Shane McMahon… WWF Commissioner Mick Foley was playing peacemaker, and he had a few security guards around him…

cfR9Cwi.jpgVL71Lsn.jpgfIycXw7.jpgO1a9aur.jpg

Mick Foley:
“You know why I’ve called you all here today… Vince… Shane… You’ve both tried to end Triple H’s career… and me personally… I’d like to see him kick your ASSES at No Way Out…”

Foley conceded that since Vince McMahon owns the company, he knows he can’t just make the boss do whatever he wants him to… So he suggested that between them, they come up with a plan that suits all parties… since they all hate each other, and all want to get their hands on each other…

Triple H:
“I’ll make it simple for you… I want both of you… In a Steel Cage… No Way Out for either of you…!! I don’t even mind the handicap match… I’ll kick both your asses…!!”

Vince McMahon:
“Ha, Ha, Ha… Not sure who you think you are, pal… but we OWN this place… and in a 2 on 1 Cage Match, we’d own YOU… Buuutt… Shane…?”

Shane McMahon:
“Yeah… The problem with your plan, ‘Game’… is that I’m INJURED… But uhhh… We could come up with a plan…”

Triple H didn’t believe him, and another argument broke out… We cut away, with the group still arguing and discussing what we would see at No Way Out between them… Mick Foley confirmed that on RAW, he’d announce the decision…

MiuDDxH.jpg

XqUPwv8.jpgAIteFsf.jpgyiNkVvo.jpg
w/
9hgmH0p.jpgLCJ58zh.jpgbMdGdnY.jpg

Al is a wily veteran, and if this was 1 on 1, he’d have most likely put Shelton away. However, ‘Senior Benjamin’ had some help at ringside in the form of The Hardy Family. Jeff, Lita and Matt made their presence known a few times, and completely changed the flow of the match, and indeed the outcome. Shelton did the heavy-lifting at the end though, hitting his brilliant ‘T-Bone Suplex’ to score the biggest win of his career!

Winner:
Shelton Benjamin w/ The Hardy Family

Finish:
'T-Bone Suplex'

Highlight, Really?

yiNkVvo.jpg9hgmH0p.jpgLCJ58zh.jpgbMdGdnY.jpg

After the match, Matt Hardy and The Family climbed into the ring… and Matt grabbed a microphone…

Matt Hardy:
“WONDERFUL…!! Senior Benjamin with another… VEEEEECTORY… YaaaaAAASSSsss…!! But now… Now it’s time to get, serious… People think… Brother Nero and I… were angered by Jushin Thunder Liger’s HIGHLIGHT REEL…”

Last week on RAW, The Hardyz were interrupted by a Highlight Reel playing on the big screen, showing clips from Liger’s legendary career…

Matt Hardy:
“We weren’t angered… we thought it was… TREEEEEMENDOUS…!! It was so good in fact… that for RAW NEXT week… We’ve put together a Highlight Reel of our OWN…!!”

MiuDDxH.jpg

TXVb8fQ.jpg
w/
VKX6gnn.jpgAIteFsf.jpgUSomMzd.jpg
w/
wFJYy24.jpg

Mr. Perfect is one of the most fluid, and quickest, wrestlers in the world. But even he couldn’t keep up with Rey Mysterio here. The high flying masked star was quicker thank quick, and couldn’t be caught for long enough for Perfect to hit any of his high-impact offence. In the end, Perfect was attempting a waste-lock with a potential German Suplex, but Rey rolled him up for the flash pinfall victory! A big win against one half of the new WWF Tag Team Champions!

Winner:
Rey Mysterio w/ Eddie Guerrero

Finish:
'Roll-Up'

MiuDDxH.jpg

Big Valb-Sorry-Ski

kSGGqG6.jpg

‘The Big Valbowski’ Val Venis headed to the ring next… looking extremely sorry and sad… He was dressed in black trousers, and a fitted t-shirt, and didn’t do his usual schtick., like the towel thing… he asked for a microphone… and didn’t even say “Helloooo Ladies!”…

Val Venis:
“I’m… I’m sorry…!!”

Val paused… He wiped away what looked like genuine tears… and looked up to the ceiling for guidance… Over the last couple of weeks, Val has upset a lot of people… He dated Molly Holly (Hardcore and Crash Holly’s Cousin) AND Terri (Manager of Albert and Perry Saturn) on the same night…!! Then, when leaving the second date with Terri, he knocked some drinks into big Albert…

Val Venis:
“I’m sorry to a number of people… I’m sorry to Terri… I’m sorry, SO sorry, to Albert, and Perry Saturn… I’m sorry to Hardcore and Crash Holly… and most of all… I’m sorry Molly Holly… So very sor…”

Val was mid-flow, when the music of Terri’s Boys (Albert and Perry Saturn) hit… They were soon followed to the ring by The Holly Cousins – Hardcore and Crash…!!

9PrlwtT.jpgGuU9FrF.jpgkJ8JmKL.jpgRw8SAVv.jpgczDLwU5.jpg

Terri, Albert, Saturn, Hardcore and Crash surrounded the ring… Terri asked for a microphone and said: “Apology NOT accepted”… She then ordered her ‘Boys’ to climb into the ring, and teach Val a lesson!! They didn’t have to be told twice, and they kicked lumps out of the fan favourite… Hardcore and Crash also climbed into the ring… but they hovered nearby, without getting involved…!! Then, after the fans began to cheer and chant her name… Molly Holly arrived…!!

YG13D5D.jpg

Molly slid into the ring, and tried to grab Albert and Saturn… Terri got in her way, and she pleaded with her Cousins - Hardcore and Crash, to help! It took a few seconds, but the two obliged, and they pulled Albert and Saturn off Val…!! The two tag teams then began to slug it out, with Terri’s Boys initially gaining the upper hand… but Val got back up, and helped the Holly Cousins… Albert and Saturn were sent packing, as Hardcore and Crash thanked Val for the assist, and he thanked them more…!!

MiuDDxH.jpg

NwAAEuf.jpgBSrpL32.jpgAIteFsf.jpg3cHGDaE.jpgzE06pgR.jpg
w/
fPklAFH.jpg

Regal & Malenko [vs] Steve Blackman & Steven Richards w/ Ivory

The WWF Tag Team Division continues to grow in stature, and Regal and Malenko have been a huge part of that. They won comfortably here by isolating Steven Richards, and not allowing the tag to the much more dangerous Steve Blackman. In the end, Regal made Richards tap to the ‘Regal Stretch’ but they could have ended it a lot earlier. An absolute masterclass from the two technicians.

Winners:
Regal & Malenko

Finish:
'Regal Stretch’

Don’t Tug On Superman’s Cape… and Don’t Owe Money To The APA…!!

NwAAEuf.jpgBSrpL32.jpgBuJVQ9C.jpg

After the match was over, the big Texan APA member Bradshaw, slid into the ring and almost decapitated Dean Malenko with his ‘Clothesline From Hell’… Regal put up a little more of a fight, as the two traded punches and elbows… but the fresher, and frankly larger and stronger, Bradshaw came out on top using his Pump Handle Drop… He grabbed a microphone…

Bradshaw:
“HEY…!! QUIT PLAYIN’ DUMB…!! GIMME MY MONEY… NOW…!!”

Regal and Malenko could barely move, let alone respond… and Bradshaw got ready to keep them both down… He decided to slide out of the ring, and grab some hardware, in the form of a steel chair… However, unfortunately for him, but fortunately for Regal and Malenko, the locker room began to empty, as concerned WWF Stars came to keep Bradshaw back…

myk5Rwk.jpgWyzuVA0.jpg

Most notable by their arrival, were Faarooq and D’Lo Brown… Faarooq didn’t seem to know what money Regal and Malenko were supposed to owe the APA, but Bradshaw started flailing his arms about, and having an apparent tantrum… It lead to D’Lo catching a flailing arm to the face… which knocked him down, and would later cause a thick black eye and a bruised right cheekbone..,

MiuDDxH.jpg

Kwik, Get RAW On…

Next up, we learned that K-Kwik would be in action this coming Monday, on RAW…

tpaAQao.jpg

Kwik, who is one half of ‘Rapid Fire’ with Billy Gunn, has had an interesting few months to say the least… X-Pac tried to kick him out of New Generation X, but Kwik stood his ground, and beat X-Pac to end the faction… and in 2002 so far, his win/loss record is very up and down… He needs a big win on RAW, and Billy Gunn could do with his young tag team partner doing well too…

MiuDDxH.jpg

dUFyzIy.jpgAIteFsf.jpgwzRJ862.jpg

Local Enhancement Talent [vs] ‘The Japanese Buzzsaw’ Tajiri

Tajiri’s opponent tonight was a larger youngster, with really impressive arms. He was a little green, and looked a little robotic at times. Ultimately, he came up against a really fluid mover in Tajiri. The established Japanese star didn’t care how big his opponent was, he chopped the young stud down to his height, and then finished him off with the ‘Buzzsaw Kick’.

Winner:
‘The Japanese Buzzsaw’ Tajiri

Finish:
'Buzzsaw Kick'

MiuDDxH.jpg

On A Power Trip…

Backstage, Eddie Guerrero was leaving the locker room, when he bumped into potentially his future WrestleMania 18 opponent: ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin… The camera panned to reveal that Austin wasn’t alone…

VKX6gnn.jpgMy2SmI6.jpgK8r2Jdh.jpg

WWF World Heavyweight Champion Austin, and the WWF Hardcore Champion The Undertaker, tried to intimidate the Royal Rumble Winner: Eddie Guerrero… Austin got in his face initially, but when Undertaker put his arm around Eddie, ‘Latino Heat’ looked a little mad… He laughed it off… but it was clear his laugh was sadistic and ill intended…

Eddie Guerrero:
“Ha… Haah… Ha… Haha… Guys, guys, guys… Chou’re out here worrying about me…?! When choo should be worried about Big Show AND Rikishi… Maybe… Maybe I should be worried about those two, for ‘Mania…?! Because one of them… is going to BEAT choo… at No Way Out…!!”

Eddie sloped away, leaving Undertaker, and particularly Austin, absolutely furious…!!

MiuDDxH.jpg

Match Made…

JY5pNxs.jpg

Next up, we learnt that due to Christian’s injury, Edge would be getting an Intercontinental Title shot… against Chris Jericho at No Way Out… IF… he can defeat Chris Benoit, in the Main Event… Tonight…!! And that match… was next…!!

O0AMKrZ.jpgAIteFsf.jpgdmleE7A.jpg
w/
rua22cN.jpg

Chris Jericho was a pest early on, and ended up getting himself ejected from ringside. It left us with an excellent 1 on 1 encounter between two Canadian workhorses, that the crowd really got behind. Benoit dominated, using throws and holds to control Edge, and he tried to silence the fans. But they came alive for Edge’s offence, and helped him a lot in the comeback. For the finish, Benoit missed his Diving Headbutt from the top rope, because Edge rolled out the way. As Benoit got up holding his face, Edge unleashed the ‘Spear’ and almost cut him in half!

Winner:
Edge

Finish:
'Spear'

Over The Edge…

O0AMKrZ.jpgrua22cN.jpg

After the match, Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho returned through the curtain, but stayed on the stage to stare down Edge… The two will clash at No Way Out, for Jericho’s Championship, with revenge on Edge’s mind… It was Jericho who caused he and his Brother Christian to lose their WWF Tag Team Titles…

qVAY6Lw.jpg

Quick Results:

Rikishi [def.] Razor Ramon

Shelton Benjamin [def.] Al Snow

Rey Mysterio [def.] Mr. Perfect

Regal & Malenko [def.] Steve Blackman & Steven Richards

Tajiri [def.] Local Enhancement Talent

Edge [def.] Chris Benoit

Show Rating:

l1fKvKj.jpg

MXrKTHq.jpg

Some backstage news, and just as her ‘on-screen romance’ with Val Venis takes off, Molly Holly has begun dating Jeff Hardy in real life… The big questions are: How will Jeff react to her interactions with Val on the TV show…?! And will Jeff soon be introducing everyone to his ‘other love’ (other than the Light Heavyweight Title)…?!

>

Scotty Too Hotty [vs] ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin

Marty Jannetty [vs] Bill DeMott

K-Kwik w/ Billy Gunn [vs] Big Boss Man

???? [vs] Batista

Hardcore Holly w/ Crash & Molly [vs] Perry Saturn w/ Albert & Terri

‘Latino Heat’ Eddie Guerrero [vs] ‘The Olympic Gold Medallist’ Kurt Angle

???? [vs] Batista

???? [vs] Batista

???? [vs] Batista

Agree.

???? [vs] Batista

???? [vs] Batista

???? [vs] Batista

l2q8GRS.jpg

FEBRUARY 2002, WEEK 2…

In The Booth:

UgpABbq.jpgRaRLnBr.jpgr8kOLRc.jpg

Jim Ross, Michael Cole and Tazz

NOT Mick Foley…

The announce team spoke about how Mick Foley would be here TONIGHT… to confirm the status of the Triple H/Vince McMahon feud… and what they’ll be doing at No Way Out… But it was not Mick Foley who opened the show… Much to the dismay of the fans…

l62ei1A.jpg

Kurt Angle:
“BOO all you want…!! My name is KURT ANGLE… and I’ll give you a HURT ANKLE…!!”

The crowd booed louder and louder, although some found him funny… He went on to repeat his rhetoric of the last few weeks; that HE should be the number one contender to Steve Austin’s WWF World Heavyweight Title… He said he’d beaten Big Show, and could beat Rikishi… but this brought out Eddie Guerrero… The man who won the Royal Rumble, and will face the winner of Austin/Big Show/Rikishi at No Way Out…

VKX6gnn.jpg

Eddie Guerrero:
“Hey Angle… Chou’re boring us to TEARS, and chou’re giving us HURT EARS!! I know why you’re out here… I know what chou’re trying to do… But maybe, choo shoulda won the Royal Rumble, like I did Ese…!?”

Kurt then challenged Eddie to a match for later tonight… which Eddie accepted… Angle left without much fuss, and Eddie did the same… but then as Guerrero was half way up the ramp, ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin’s music hit…

My2SmI6.jpg

‘Latino Heat’ got ready for a fight, but Austin walked past him like he wasn’t even there… He didn’t even look at his rival and potential future opponent… He just stomped to the ring and flipped off the crowd… He was in a match next, to kick off the in-ring action tonight…

NklwpFZ.jpgTJDZOqo.jpgMy2SmI6.jpg

Scotty Too Hotty was Austin’s first opponent when he debuted in the WWF, and they’ve both come a long way since then. Austin is a machine out there at times, and while Scotty’s charisma is infectious, he could do nothing to stem the tide of the constant pummelling from old ‘Stone Cold’. In the end, Austin hit his ‘Stunner’ on the former Too Cool member, to score the win.

Winner:
‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin

Finish:
'Stone Cold Stunner'

Big Show Stopper…

Somehow, after the match, nobody saw Big Show sneak out to ringside…

ODirqOD.jpgMy2SmI6.jpg

The sneaky, but huge, giant grabbed Austin by the throat and hoisted him high up into the air… before slamming him down with the ‘Show Stopper’ Chokeslam…!!

Saves Us A Job…

In the back, Rikishi, Haku and Umaga were shown watching the action on a big screen…

xUbjWZk.jpg8K09OdK.jpgCmNFaZ9.jpg

Rikishi commented that Big Show attacking Austin saved them from heading out to the ring… If Austin had laid a finger on Scotty Too Hotty after the bell, the three big Island Boys were ready to pounce… ‘Kish went on to thank his family members for their help in recent weeks, for watching his back, and for just being awesome Usos… He then promised to have Umaga’s back, in his match on Smackdown…

Q6coVof.jpg

mvqioAn.jpgTJDZOqo.jpgsnWPx6s.jpg

Jannetty was out to prove his worth here, after a string of defeats since losing his Light Heavyweight Title. However, he couldn’t get rolling in the match because Jerry Lynn came out to ringside to cause trouble. After multiple distractions, Jannetty eventually walked onto a running Cross-Body from the heavy-set DeMott, who then went up to the top rope to hit the ‘Last Laugh’.

Winner:
Bill DeMott

Finish:
'Last Laugh' (Moonsault)

Q6coVof.jpg

The Camera Doesn’t Lie…

Backstage, old friends D’Lo Brown and Faarooq were talking, as D’Lo began to get more irate with his former mentor…

WyzuVA0.jpgmyk5Rwk.jpg

D’Lo Brown:
“Listen, man… I’m TELLING you… I’ve watched the footage (of Bradshaw’s actions on Smackdown) a hundred times… He hit me in the face, an’ it was NOT an accident…!!”

Brown was referring to the segment last week, which saw Bradshaw attack William Regal and Dean Malenko… Agents and wrestlers came out to stop him, including Faarooq and D’Lo… and Bradshaw landed a flailing arm on D’Lo’s face… His eye and cheek still looked swollen and badly bruised…

Faarooq:
“I don’ know man… That was a hectic night… accidents happen…”

D’Lo Brown:
“THAT… was no accident… Man… I can’t believe you’re taking his side in this…”

D’Lo walked off… leaving Faarooq with his hands on his hips and shaking his head… He called out that “it ain’t like that”, but D’Lo could no longer hear him and was out of camera shot…

Faarooq:
“… DAMN!!”

Q6coVof.jpg

tpaAQao.jpg
w/
EQKMqT9.jpgTJDZOqo.jpgawpq6hW.jpg

Rapid Fire (Kwik and Gunn) are a fun tag team, and they get the crowd behind them well in their matches. Big Boss Man couldn’t be more opposite to that, and he tried to suck the life out of the arena, as well as squeezing the life out of Kwik in Bear Hugs and Abdominal Stretches. However, Kwik is quick, and once he created some space, Boss Man couldn’t stop him. He hit his ‘Consequence’ to win it!

Winner:
K-Kwik w/ Billy Gunn

Finish:
'Consequence' (Neckbreaker)

Q6coVof.jpg

Holly Planet…

We cut backstage, to where Val Venis was thanking The Holly Cousins for saving him from a beatdown on Smackdown…

kSGGqG6.jpgRw8SAVv.jpgczDLwU5.jpgYG13D5D.jpg

Hardcore Holly:
“Yeah well, don’t thank us… Thank Molly… We woulda let you suffer…”

Val Venis:
“Molly, thank y…”

Hardcore Holly:
“Yeah well, you better hope I don’t lose tonight against Perry Saturn…!! I’m only in a match with that big sonofab*tch because I stopped him killing you…!!”

Crash said that just because they saved him, doesn’t mean they’re cool…

Q6coVof.jpg

Hardy Highlight Reel…

H5j99wp.jpg

We took a trip to The Hardy Compound next, and found Matt, Jeff, Lita and ‘Senior’ Benjamin sat in what appeared to be a ‘Cinema Room’… A very large TV, which must have been about FORTY INCHES
:o
was counting down slowly from ten… Matt turned to the camera…

Matt Hardy:
“WELCOME… To the Hardy Compound… I knew you’d coooome…!! Let’s take a look at a TRIBUUUUTE… to Jushin… Thundaaa… Ligaaa… A ‘Highlight Reel’… If you weeeell…!!”

The video got down to 1, and began playing… It showed two things mainly… Jeff Hardy winning the Light Heavyweight Title, and lifting it above his head… and Jushin Thunder Liger getting eliminated from the Royal Rumble by The Undertaker…!! The Family laughed as it played... and when it finished, there was a knock at the door… Jeff told ‘Senior’ Benjamin to answer the door… He stood up, and opened it… to reveal Jeff’s ‘Other Love’…

9NsGZrn.jpg

Jeff Hardy:
“Everyone… This is Nidia…!! And Nidia… This is… Everyone…”

Matt Hardy:
“Welcoooommme… YEEEESSSsss… This is, WONDERFUL…!!”

Matt seemed pleased to meet her… and Shelton was welcoming too… Lita and Nidia shared a look, and there seemed to be a tiny bit of animosity between the two… But it looks as though Nidia is the newest member of The Hardy Family…!!

Q6coVof.jpg

dUFyzIy.jpgTJDZOqo.jpgdmIQj2y.jpg

Local Enhancement Talent [vs] ‘The Animal’ Batista

Another great performance, and another dominant victory for ‘The Animal’ Batista here. He won it once again, with his ‘Batista Bomb’.

Winner:
‘The Animal’ Batista

Finish:
'Batista Bomb'

Q6coVof.jpg

No Protection… Agency…

We cut backstage, and found William Regal and Dean Malenko stood outside the door, that isn’t a door, to the office of The APA…!!

NwAAEuf.jpgBSrpL32.jpg

The fan favourite tag team stood outside the door… and looked nervous about entering… According to Bradshaw, the pair owe him and Faarooq a LOT of money, and things have started turning physical, and in some cases, downright nasty… The two took a moment to gather themselves… and then Regal knocked on the door, and they entered…

There was nobody in the office…!! Regal and Malenko couldn’t believe it…!! But they decided to write Faarooq and Bradshaw a note…!!

Q6coVof.jpg

Razor Wants Some Edge…

Elsewhere in the back, Coach was interviewing ‘The Bad Guy’ Razor Ramon…

0e1eyfz.jpgZJ9Bf2F.jpg

Coach:
“Razor, tough… tough… loss last week to Rikishi… With WrestleMania 18 right around the corner, and plenty of potential opponents… Where does Razor Ramon go next…?!”

Razor Ramon:
“EY YO…!! Tough loss…?! Listen up, Coach… Las’ week, Rikishi had some help… I was basically fightin’ THREE big, scary, Island Boys… So maybe… as WrestleMania 18 approaches… Maybe I need some back up around here… Don’t forget… Hard work pays off… Dreams come true… Bad times don’t last… but Bad… Guys… DO!!”

Q6coVof.jpg

Rw8SAVv.jpg
w/
czDLwU5.jpgYG13D5D.jpgTJDZOqo.jpgkJ8JmKL.jpg
w/
GuU9FrF.jpg9PrlwtT.jpg

Both Holly and Saturn knew they’d been in a match here, as both left with cuts and bruises. A very physical affair, predicated on a personal issue that runs deep between themselves, and the four people at ringside, all stemming from Val Venis. Saturn won it in the end, locking Holly up in his ‘Rings Of Saturn’ finisher, and making the tough guy from Alabama pass out.

Winner:
Perry Saturn w/ Albert & Terri

Finish:
'Rings Of Saturn'

Q6coVof.jpg

An Imperfect Start…

In a pre-recorded segment, Mr. Perfect and Mr. Sexay were admiring their WWF Tag Team Title Belts…

USomMzd.jpgwFJYy24.jpg

It hasn’t been the ‘Perfect’ start to life as Tag Champs… last week, the veteran Mr. Perfect lost to newcomer Rey Mysterio… a defeat that he termed a ‘minor setback’… especially since they’ll be facing Mysterio and his partner Eddie Guerrero at No Way Out…

Mr. Perfect:
“But since we’re the Champs… we have some sway around here… So on Smackdown… we’re teaming with another Champ in Chris Jericho… To take on Rey… Eddie… and Edge…!!”

Mr. Sexay:
“We’re Perfect… We’re Sexay… and we’re the BEST team in all of WWF…!!”

Q6coVof.jpg

VKX6gnn.jpgTJDZOqo.jpgl62ei1A.jpg

One of the best matches of the year so far, between two up and coming mega stars. Angle has so far had just a four month World Title reign, but it’s only a matter of time before he gets back to the top of the company. As for Eddie, his time on top might come extremely soon. He’ll Main Event WrestleMania 18 this year, after winning the prestigious Royal Rumble Match. Angle made it to the Final Four in that match, upon his return from a spell on the sidelines following getting his head shaved bald by Big Show. The bald head makes Angle look like more of a badass though, and he’s looked on a mission in recent weeks. He believes he should be the next in line for a WWF World Heavyweight Title shot. However, Eddie will get the Title shot at ‘Mania, so he aimed to put Angle in his place here tonight, and did just that in the end. For the finish, Angle was attempting a ‘German Suplex’ from the top rope, but Eddie managed to shake him off. Angle landed hard, and Eddie wasn’t waiting. He spun around on the top rope, and hit his ‘Frog Splash’ to score the win and end the night on a high. But the show itself wasn’t over.

Winner:
‘Latino Heat’ Eddie Guerrero

Finish:
'Frog Splash'

Q6coVof.jpg

Foley Is Good…

WWF Commissioner Mick Foley arrived in the ring next… ready to reveal his decision surrounding Triple H and Vince McMahon and his group…

VL71Lsn.jpg

Mick Foley:
“Ladies and Gentlemen, I won’t take up too much of your time… Shane McMahon is out injured… I’ve uhh… I’ve seen the Doctor’s write-up, and he can’t go at No Way Out…”

Mick went on to confirm that ‘The Game’ Triple H would face the Chairman of the WWF, and his Father-In-Law Vince McMahon in a STEEL CAGE Match at No Way Out… BUT, the outcome of a match scheduled for Smackdown could change the match completely…

Mick Foley:
“On Smackdown… It’ll be Triple H… versus The Underrrrrtaker…!! If Triple H wins… ‘Taker will be BANNED from the building… and FIRED on the spot if he shows up… but if ‘Taker wins on Smackdown… Then that Cage Match… is gonna be Triple H… versus Vince McMahon… and his tag team partner… The Undertaker!!”

Foley confirmed that all parties were happy with the terms, and were looking ahead to Smackdown already…!!

aXIbg7R.jpg

Quick Results:

Steve Austin [def.] Scotty Too Hotty

Bill DeMott [def.] Marty Jannetty

K-Kwik [def.] Big Boss Man

Batista [def.] Local Enhancement Talent

Perry Saturn [def.] Hardcore Holly

Eddie Guerrero [def.] Kurt Angle

Show Rating:

UYF9d1o.jpg

>

Umaga w/ Rikishi & Haku [vs] Big Boss Man