WWF 2001 - Saving The Invasion

First-time predictor in this diary, so let's throw the dice and see what comes up...

‘The Master of the 619’ Rey Mysterio [vs] ‘Crippler’ Chris Benoit

Steven Richards’ Open Challenge:

‘The Wrestler’s Wrestler’ Steven Richards [vs] ???? (The mystery opponent's going to turn out to be someone who overpowers and pins Richards)

Rapid Fire (K-Kwik & Billy Gunn) [vs] Batista & Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman & JBL (Good big men with skills always come out on top at day's end)

D’Lo Brown & Faarooq [vs] Terri’s Boys (Albert & Saturn) w/ Terri

Marty Jannetty w/ Jerry Lynn [vs] Senior Benjamin w/ The Bucks Of Youth

Edge w/ Christian [vs] ‘The Olympic Gold Medallist’ Kurt Angle

Steven Richards’ Open Challenge:

‘The Wrestler’s Wrestler’ Steven Richards [vs] ????

Rapid Fire (K-Kwik & Billy Gunn) [vs] Batista & Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman & JBL

HUGE news guys... My previous diaries have been FOUND, and restored to the boards. A few years ago, a lot of 'old' work was deleted while the boards were being tidied up... but they're back!!

WWE THREE Brands
was a diary that lasted 372 PAGES... It's my finest and longest running work. It went on for a long, long, time!

NOTBPW vs CGC - The Invasion
was so much fun to write and make. It's still my favourite diary, and I love everything about it.

Check them out
;)

l2q8GRS.jpg

APRIL 2002, WEEK 1…

In The Booth:

UgpABbq.jpgRaRLnBr.jpgr8kOLRc.jpg

Jim Ross, Michael Cole and Tazz

Some Blanks Filled In…

We kicked off the first show of April 2002, with Eric Bischoff and Shane McMahon heading to the ring together… to a chorus of boos… which they seemed to absolutely love…

7XYyvzX.jpgO1a9aur.jpg

Eric Bischoff:
“A lot of people have been filling in the blanks… because since last week on RAW, when Shane McMahon purchased WCW… From UNDER THE NOSE of his Father Vincenet… Kennedy… McMahon… a LOT has happened… People think they know what’s going on… but they don’t… We kept it vague… We kept it controversial… WHY…?! Because everybody in business knows… Controversy Creates… Cash…!!”

Shane McMahon:
“That’s right, Mr. B… and that’s something we both have in common… We Looooove Cash…!! But right now, it’s time to confirm a couple of things… Number One… I now own… W… C… W…!! and I will NEVER get bored of saying that… Number Two… Effective immediately, WCW is out of business… I’m rich… but even I can’t save them…!! All the incredibly talented workers on that roster are out of a JOB… So Eric and I have spent the last few weeks hand selecting a group of ‘Invaders’ to come and TAKE their own spots on the WWF roster… FORCE my Father to hire them… If he doesn’t, we’ll take out superstar… after superstar… until Vince has NOBODY left…!!”

Shane confirmed Razor Ramon, Bill DeMott and Kidman were all ‘Team WCW’, despite being under contract with Vince and WWF… If he fires them, then they’ll look to create their own spot like all the others… He confirmed Mark Jindrak, Sean O’Haire and Chuck Palumbo were all part of the plan… As was Goldberg… who arrived on Smackdown and took The Rock out…!! Bischoff said there’d be more… a LOT more…

Q6coVof.jpg

TXVb8fQ.jpgM1SFP4D.jpgdmleE7A.jpg

Mysterio and Benoit have had many great matches over the years, but this battle was every bit as good as their first meeting in the World Wrestling Federation from a few weeks ago. Benoit tried to make Rey tap, but the masked flier always found himself close enough to the ropes, and found a couple of counters too. For the finish, Benoit was attempting a ‘Crossface’, but Rey managed to get up to his feet, and tackle ‘The Crippler’ down until he fell, and landed draped across the second rope. A ‘619’ followed, and Rey had the win.

Winner:
‘The Master of the 619’ Rey Mysterio

Finish:
'619'

Q6coVof.jpg

Giving Them The Edge…

Backstage, Jonathan Coachman was stood with his guest: Edge… However, the interview didn’t last, because Trish Stratus walked up…

HZbBaUX.jpgJFnhY8T.jpg

Trish Stratus:
“Edge… How are you…? Listen, I know Christian is back now… but I want you to know… My offer to manage you, still stands… but… I’m not offering to manage Christian… If you know what I mean…?!”

Edge said he understood, but he looked extremely conflicted… Trish left the scene, as Christian walked up…

1ium6C9.jpg

Christian:
“Ssup man…?! What uhhh… What were you talking about…?!”

Edge didn’t answer, he just took the wrist tape Christian was holding, and began taping his wrists… Later tonight, Edge faces a huge test… as he goes 1 on 1 with ‘The Olympic Gold Medallist’ Kurt Angle…!!

Q6coVof.jpg

Challenge Accepted…

On Smackdown, ‘The Wrestler’s Wrestler’ Steven Richards took a stand against the invading World Championship Wrestling competitors… and he issued an ‘Open Challenge’ for tonight…

zE06pgR.jpg

Sometimes, it’s a case of be careful what you wish for… Because his challenge was accepted by Mark Jindrak!!

ZKAmaYj.jpg

zE06pgR.jpgM1SFP4D.jpgZKAmaYj.jpg

‘The Wrestler’s Wrestler’ Steven Richards [vs] ‘The Italian Eagle’ Mark Jindrak

Fast-paced, and short match here, and one in which Jindrak was dominant. Richards has been on a big winning streak, and has risen up the card rapidly. But tonight he was up against a brilliant youngster. Jindrak hit a spinning back fist to win it in the end.

Winner:
‘The Italian Eagle’ Mark Jindrak

Finish:
'Spinning Backfist'

Shots Fired…

Mark Jindrak was victorious, knocking out Steven Richards in the process… but once the bell rang, he got some unwanted company…!!

zE06pgR.jpgZKAmaYj.jpgcfR9Cwi.jpgAKTFVin.jpgigCN2Qk.jpg

Triple H lead ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin and The Undertaker to the ring… they walked, at a deliberate pace, and allowed Jindrak time to think about the beatdown he was about to get… But as soon as the trio threw the first punch, Jindrak got some help…!!

sZLaR1x.jpgm2dn7D3.jpgZJ9Bf2F.jpgLbn3jP4.jpgsnWPx6s.jpg

Sean O’Haire, Chuck Palumbo, Razor Ramon, Kidman, and Bill DeMott… Almost the full compliment of WCW Invaders… The WWF defenders got ready for a fight, and they got one… 5 against 3, but it was fairly even… Until…

XqUPwv8.jpgkSGGqG6.jpgRw8SAVv.jpgczDLwU5.jpg

Al Snow, Val Venis, Hardcore and Crash Holly all hit the ring, to even the odds… and then outnumber WCW… Snow helped Steven Richards up to his feet, and the WWF defenders took a stand against Team WCW…

Q6coVof.jpg

tpaAQao.jpgEQKMqT9.jpgM1SFP4D.jpgdmIQj2y.jpgShSHEjW.jpg
w/
Duq1MYf.jpgzA3xxQi.jpg

Rapid Fire (K-Kwik & Billy Gunn) [vs] Batista & Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman & JBL

Batista and Brock are a dominant young team. With these two on JBL’s side, the big, rich, Texan looks set to take over the WWF. Heyman was the mastermind here though, constantly barking orders at ‘The Animal’ and ‘The Next Big Thing’. In the end, K-Kwik was put down with an ‘F5’ from Heyman’s BEAST, Brock Lesnar!

Winners:
Batista & Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman & JBL

Finish:
'F5'

With Great Power…

After the match, John Bradshaw Layfield slid into the ring with a microphone…

Duq1MYf.jpgzA3xxQi.jpgdmIQj2y.jpgShSHEjW.jpg

JBL:
“Look at all this… Look at this POWER… I’m so powerful now, that I don’t know what to DOOO with all this power… I will tell you one thing though… Dean Malenko… William Regal… The WWF Tag Team Champions… You guys STILL… OWE me…!! And I’ll be coming for that debt soon… believe you me…!! Because with GREAT POWER… Comes the Man of the Hour…!! John… Bradshaw… Layfiled…”

Q6coVof.jpg

Foley Is Good… but not that good…

In his office, WWF Commissioner Mick Foley was with his NEW assistant… ‘The Japanese Buzzsaw’ Tajiri…

VL71Lsn.jpgwzRJ862.jpg

Foley was trying to get Tajiri to speak some more English, but the poor Japanese youngster couldn’t grasp any of the words Foley was trying to teach him… The ‘Hardcore Legend’ was getting frustrated, but then had a brilliant idea…

Mick Foley:
“I’ve got it…!! I’ll find someone who speaks Japanese AND English… and HE… or she… can teach you English…!! Don’t suppose you know someone, do ya…!?”

Tajiri:
“Uh… Wahhat…?!”

Foley rolled his eyes, but at least now he has a bit of a plan…

Q6coVof.jpg

9nmD7wB.jpgmyk5Rwk.jpgM1SFP4D.jpgGuU9FrF.jpgkJ8JmKL.jpg
w/
9PrlwtT.jpg

Albert and Saturn were in control for much of this one, keeping D’Lo Brown in their corner. But when Faarooq came in, the momentum swung his teams way. He put Saturn down with his ‘Spinebuster’ to end it and pick up a big win against an established duo.

Winners:
D’Lo Brown & Faarooq

Finish:
'Spinebuster'

Q6coVof.jpg

Huge Six Man Tag…

Next up, we learned that there’ll be a HUGE six-man tag team match this coming week on Smackdown…

tvGu4VS.pngCmNFaZ9.jpg8K09OdK.jpgbMdGdnY.jpg9hgmH0p.jpgyiNkVvo.jpg

Hardcore Champion: Rikishi, will bring his Bloodline Stable of Umaga and Haku… to take on The Hardy Boyz and Shelton Benjamin…!! One of these two great trios is going to lose on Smackdown… and right now, this match could go either way… And speaking of ‘Senior’ Benjamin… he was in action next… and he made his way to the ring, accompanied by Christopher Vanguard and Brian Skarsgard… Jeff and Matt Hardy will be at home with Nidia and Lita… guarding their ‘prisoner’ Kane…

K26hRjs.jpg
w/
3jf0OES.jpgM1SFP4D.jpgyiNkVvo.jpg
w/
VrGtL6m.jpgp0HJ2gw.jpg

Jannetty and Shelton was a nice mesh of styles, in which both men hit some nice offence. For the finish, Shelton caught Jannetty’s leg after an attempted super kick, and hit his ‘T-Bone Suplex’ for the win.

Winner:
Senior Benjamin w/ The Bucks Of Youth

Finish:
'T-Bone Suplex'

Q6coVof.jpg

At Backlash…

Another match was booked for Backlash next, as we learnt that Eddie Guerrero will defend his WWF World Heavyweight Title against the man he beat in the opening match at WrestleMania 18, putting him on his way to winning the Main Event and the coveted Championship: ‘The Olympic Gold Medallist’ Kurt Angle…

fQcZ8Xs.pngl62ei1A.jpg

Eddie and Kurt have great chemistry as opponents, and their four singles matches from the last six months have all been instant classics… They’ll look to steal the show at Backlash, and Angle will look to steal Eddie’s Championship… As for tonight, with Christian accompanying him to the ring, it was EDGE… taking on the aforementioned Kurt Angle…

HZbBaUX.jpg
w/
1ium6C9.jpgM1SFP4D.jpgl62ei1A.jpg

A quite incredible Main Event here, with a shocking finish. Edge and Angle know each other well, and have battled many times on the same side, and on opposite sides of the ring. Tonight felt like a major match, because if Edge won, he’d surely want to replace, or join, Angle as Eddie Guerrero’s Backlash challenger. As it was, the finish that lead to another Angle victory came in strange circumstances. Edge’s best friend Christian was invertedly knocked down, when the referee was knocked off the apron by Angle, and he landed on Christian. It seemed almost like a tactic from Angle, and it seemed to work, until Christian got into the ring, and the two started brawling. With the referee down, Christian and Angle fought like brothers, hitting each other with big rights and lefts!! Edge got between the warring pair, and broke up the fight. But while he was remonstrating with Angle, TRISH STRATUS arrived behind Christian!! She shoved him into Edge, and Edge staggered forwards into the ropes. Dazed and confused, Edge was easy pickings for Angle, who hit an ‘Angle Slam’ as the referee came to.

Winner:
‘The Olympic Gold Medallist’ Kurt Angle

Finish:
'Angle Slam'

Q6coVof.jpg

The Rock Is Next…!!

After the show seemed like it was over, we cut backstage to Eric Bischoff, Shane McMahon, and their major player… Goldberg!!

7XYyvzX.jpgO1a9aur.jpg7LRzZ3m.jpg

Eric Bischoff:
“Ladies and Gentlemen… You don’t need me to tell you this… but THIS man… right here… is unstoppable… and last week, when he attacked The Rock… on his… own… show… Smackdown… He made a statement…”

Shane McMahon:
“I’ve fought The Rock, and I know how tough he is… and he is tough… believe me… but Goldberg, man… he’s a different LEVEL of toughness… So Rocky… Whatever it is you’ve got to say on Smackdown… ‘DOESN’T MATTER’… because Goldberg says…”

Goldberg:
“YOU’RE NEXT, ROCKY…!!”

aXIbg7R.jpg

Quick Results:

Rey Mysterio [def.] Chris Benoit

Mark Jindrak [def.] Steven Richards

Batista & Brock Lesnar [def.] Rapid Fire

D’Lo Brown & Faarooq [def.] Terri’s Boys

Shelton Benjamin [def.] Marty Jannetty

Kurt Angle [def.] Edge

Show Rating:

WCW HISTORY *by Togg*
|
SHOW HISTORY
|
CURRENT ROSTER
|
THE CHAMPIONS

mgtfjEz.jpg

>

‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin [vs] ‘The Bad Guy’ Razor Ramon

‘The Master of the 619’ Rey Mysterio [vs] John Bradshaw Layfield w/ Paul Heyman, Batista & Brock Lesnar

‘The Wrestler’s Wrestler’ Steven Richards [vs] ‘The Big Valbowski’ Val Venis [vs] Test [vs] Mr. Perfect

Malenko & Regal [vs] Marty Jannetty & Jerry Lynn

Rikishi, Haku & Umaga [vs] Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy & Shelton Benjamin

‘Latino Heat’ Eddie Guerrero [vs] ‘Y2J’ Chris Jericho

‘The Master of the 619’ Rey Mysterio [vs] John Bradshaw Layfield w/ Paul Heyman, Batista & Brock Lesnar

‘The Wrestler’s Wrestler’ Steven Richards [vs] ‘The Big Valbowski’ Val Venis [vs] Test [vs] Mr. Perfect

I Feel like Malenko & Regal need a tag team name you should make that a prediction prize :D

Stone Cold’ Steve Austin [vs] ‘The Bad Guy’ Razor Ramon

cTnlhC0.jpg

APRIL 2002, WEEK 1…

In The Booth:

RaRLnBr.jpgr8kOLRc.jpg

Michael Cole and Tazz

Number One Contender…

We opened the show with The Rock’s iconic music hitting, and ‘The Great One’ heading to the ring… ready to address Goldberg’s recent arrival… subsequent attack… and the overall WCW Invasion…

HTpIs9H.jpg

The Rock:
“All week… ALL WEEK… People have been askin’ The Rock… Whatcha gonna doooo Rocky…?! About Goldberg… Well… The Rock says THIS… Goldberg… I want you… ONE… on… ONE… at Backlash…!! To sweeten the deal… If you choose to accept… The Rock has SPOKEN… to Mick Foley… The Rock has SPOKEN to Vince McMahon himself… and at Backlash… The Rock… versus Goldberg… will be for a SHOT… at the WWF World… Heavyweight… Championship…!!”

Rocky went on to talk about the recent WCW Invaders, and how his former rivals: ‘The Game’ Triple H, ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin and ‘The American Badass’ The Undertaker, were now teaming up to defend the World Wrestling Federation…

The Rock:
“And The Rock wants everyone to know… but ESPECIALLY ‘The Game Stone Badasses’… that when needed… ‘The Great One’ will step up… and JOIN them, in kicking out World Championship Wrestling…!! It starts… when The Rock puts Goldberg down, and starts a NEW streak for Goldberg… a LOSING streak…!!”

MiuDDxH.jpg

AKTFVin.jpgbXJWKlz.jpgZJ9Bf2F.jpg

Amazing opener here, and a nice moment as Austin and The Rock passed each other on the ramp and shared a respectful nod. Razor Ramon doesn’t respect anyone on the WWF roster, and it turns out he’s been a WCW spy for over a year now. Austin took out a lot of his anger on ‘The Bad Guy’ for that reason, and won it with his ‘Stone Cold Stunner’.

Winner:
‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin

Finish:
'‘Stone Cold Stunner’

WWF vs WCW Brawl…

AKTFVin.jpgcfR9Cwi.jpgigCN2Qk.jpgRw8SAVv.jpgkSGGqG6.jpgczDLwU5.jpgXqUPwv8.jpg

Lbn3jP4.jpgsnWPx6s.jpgZKAmaYj.jpgZJ9Bf2F.jpgm2dn7D3.jpgsZLaR1x.jpgO1a9aur.jpg

After the match, an equal brawl broke out between WWF and WCW employees… Shane McMahon lead Razor Ramon, Kidman, Bill DeMott, Mark Jindrak, Chuck Palumbo and Sean O’Haire for the WCW side, while Steve Austin had backup from Triple H, The Undertaker, Hardcore and Crash Holly, Val Venis and Al Snow…!! WWF began to win the fight, and overpower the invaders… until…

7LRzZ3m.jpg

Goldberg arrived, and began laying people out with vicious high kicks… He hit a ‘Spear’ on Val Venis on the outside of the ring, and a ‘Jackhammer’ on Crash Holly inside it… But just as the crowd was cheering for The Rock, they got their wish… as ‘The People’s Champion’ returned to the ring again, to a huge ovation…

HTpIs9H.jpg

Nobody could stop The Rock, as he took down WCW Invaders one by one… Goldberg waited in the ring for him, and he didn’t have to wait long… Rocky slid in, but at the request/advice of Eric Bischoff, Goldberg climbed out of it… Rock helped his fellow WWF Defenders to their feet, as WWF stood tall and won the brawl…!!

MiuDDxH.jpg

TXVb8fQ.jpgbXJWKlz.jpgzA3xxQi.jpg
w/
Duq1MYf.jpgdmIQj2y.jpgShSHEjW.jpg

Fun match here, with a dramatic conclusion. Rey ran rings around JBL, and the big Texan Tycoon couldn’t catch him. However, Rey caught a huge lariat from Batista on the outside of the ring, while Layfield had the referee distracted inside it. Rey’s night got worse from there, as JBL threw him around the ring, and then threw him to the wolves of Batista and Brock Lesnar at times too. For the finish, Layfield managed to twist Rey’s mask a little around his face, and the blinded flier struggled to get it to the right position. JBL hit the ropes, and then hit a blistering ‘Clothesline From Hell’ to end it!

Winner:
John Bradshaw Layfield w/ Paul Heyman, Batista & Brock Lesnar

Finish:
'Clothesline From Hell'

MiuDDxH.jpg

The Pegasus Kid…

In his office backstage, the WWF Commissioner was stood looking at his new assistant, Tajiri… When there was a knock at the door… A man who speaks a little Japanese from his time working over there walked in… ‘Crippler’ Chris Benoit… Foley was delighted to see him…!!

VL71Lsn.jpgwzRJ862.jpgdmleE7A.jpg

Mick Foley:
“Here’s what we’re going to do… Next week on RAW… I’m making a tag team match… It’ll be Tajiri… teaming with Chris Benoit…!! Okay…?!”

Tajiri:
“Uhh… Okay…?!”

Tajiri turned, and bowed to Benoit… He then ATTACKED ‘The Crippler’… totally misunderstanding what Mick had proposed… Foley and Benoit had to get him off as Benoit shouted “Tomaru” (which means ‘stop’ in Japanese)… Foley also said “Tomaru”, but it sounded more like he was saying “Tomato”…!!

MiuDDxH.jpg

Intercontinental Title, Number One Contenders Match:

zE06pgR.jpg
|
kSGGqG6.jpg
|
fwbU4Ps.jpg
|
Vcrydyt.jpg

Chris Jericho joined the announce team for this one, and commented that he was a little concerned about Test and Mr. Perfect, but not Val or Richards. None of these four men were in the six-man Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Title at WrestleMania 18, so whoever won would be a new challenger for Champion Chris Jericho. It was a fast-paced one, and a fairly short one too. Test put Val Venis through the announce table, right in front of Jericho!! But while Test and Perfect worked together for a bit, he was soon stabbed in the back by the veteran, who hit a ‘Perfect DDT’ on the big youngster. Perfect was kicking Test out under the bottom rope, when he turned around and got kicked in the face by the ‘Stevie Kick’! Richards won it!

Winner:
‘The Wrestler’s Wrestler’ Steven Richards

Finish:
'Stevie Kick'

Underestimated…

After the match, Chris Jericho slid into the ring with his Belt, and looked Richards up and down…

zE06pgR.jpgnqS9VM6.jpg

Jericho fell about laughing at his next challenger, claiming ‘The Wrestler’s Wrestler’ stood absolutely NO chance of beating him for the Intercontinental Title at Backlash…!! But Richards threw a ‘Stevie Kick’ at the Champ, who fell backwards and landed on his ass… despite the kick not connecting…!! It was Richards’ turn to laugh, before sliding out of the ring… Jericho was furious…!!

MiuDDxH.jpg

Christian’s Fault…

Backstage, Edge was watching the action develop, when his tag team partner and best friend, Christian walked in…

HZbBaUX.jpg1ium6C9.jpg

Christian:
“Hey man, what’s up…?!”

Edge:
“DON’T… JUST… Don’t…!!”

Christian was confused, as Edge tried to barge past him… Christian grabbed his shoulder, and pulled him back… He demanded to know what Edge’s problem was…

Edge:
“You really wanna do this…?! Alright… here it is… Do you know HUGE that match was last week…!? If I’d beaten Kurt Angle, I’d have been going to Backlash, to fight for the WWF World Heavyweight Title…!! If I’d have beaten, the number one contender for the Title… Do you know…?! Do you even understand… what you DID…?!”

Christian held his hands up, and told Edge he wasn’t to blame… He reminded his friend that Trish Stratus PUSHED him… into Edge… and THAT’s the reason Edge lost…

Edge:
“I saw the tape… I know what she did… and I’ll be dealing with her too… But YOU… shouldn’t have even been OUT there… You damn sure shouldn’t have been in the ring… So I’m asking you… NO… I’m TELLING you… To STAY… Out of MY… Business…!!”

Edge shoved Christian into the wall, and he hit his head, hard…!! He looked extremely upset at the altercation…

MiuDDxH.jpg

ihoMs9q.png0r1LD4Z.pngbXJWKlz.jpgK26hRjs.jpg3jf0OES.jpg

Another fantastic match here, with the WWF Tag Team Champions facing off against a new fan favourite duo. Regal and Malenko worked a snug style, and hit a number of nasty looking strikes – particularly Regal. For the finish, it was his ‘Regal Stretch’ that forced Jannetty to tap out!

Winners:
Malenko & Regal

Finish:
'Regal Stretch'

MiuDDxH.jpg

More Invaders…?

Backstage, Shane McMahon and Eric Bischoff were talking with Kidman… as the three WCW Invaders discussed what went wrong earlier…

O1a9aur.jpg7XYyvzX.jpgLbn3jP4.jpg

Kidman:
“We need more Eric… We need more bodies… This place… These… ‘Defenders’… They just keep growing…!! Their numbers are too large…!!”

Bischoff thought about what he could do, and then looked to his left (out of shot)… and Mark Jindrak walked up…

ZKAmaYj.jpg

Mark Jindrak:
“Want me to make the call…?! I can bring them in…?!”

Bischoff nodded, as Shane asked who Jindrak was talking about… Eric put his arm around the owner of WCW, and as the two men walked off, he told his friend to trust him… he’d like who Jindrak was going to bring along…

MiuDDxH.jpg

tvGu4VS.png8K09OdK.jpgCmNFaZ9.jpgbXJWKlz.jpg9hgmH0p.jpgbMdGdnY.jpgyiNkVvo.jpg

Brutal six-man tag match here, with two great trios going at it. For a while it looked like this match would never end, as both groups looked unbeatable at times. Then Shelton found himself isolated by the three big Island Boys. They all took turns in beating him down, but they didn’t realise that all they were doing was letting The Hardy Boyz regroup and recover. In the end, they came in like a whirlwind, and knocked Samoans all over the place. Shelton hit a low blow on Haku behind the ref’s back, and Jeff landed a ‘Swanton’ on him to win it!

Winners:
Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy & Shelton Benjamin

Finish:
‘Swanton Bomb'

MiuDDxH.jpg

Nation…

Backstage, former Nation of Domination members Faarooq and D’Lo Brown were talking about their fellow rival: John Bradshaw Layfield… and his new group, which includes Paul Heyman, ‘The Animal’ Batista… and ‘The Next Big Thing’ Brock Lesnar…

myk5Rwk.jpg9nmD7wB.jpg

D’Lo said that he and Faarooq’s tag team match with the two young studs would be a tough challenge… but Faarooq HAS to get his 1 on 1 match with JBL soon… He HAS to…!!

Faarooq:
“You… are DAMN right, D’Lo… On two fronts… But don’t worry… Because I’m goin’ out to that ring on RAW… and makin’ the challenge…!!”

MiuDDxH.jpg

fQcZ8Xs.pngbXJWKlz.jpgnqS9VM6.jpg

It was Champion versus Champion here, in an incredible Main Event. Guerrero and Jericho are both phenomenal performers, so it was no surprise that they put on the joint best match of the year so far. It was back and forth, with both men hitting some excellent offence. They also had the crowd extremely loud throughout, with Eddie making them laugh, and scream for his comeback. Jericho missed a ‘Lionsault’ late on, and it allowed Eddie to hit the ‘Three Amigos’, before hopping to the top rope and then landing a ‘Frog Splash’.

Winner:
‘Latino Heat’ Eddie Guerrero

Finish:
'Frog Splash'

Cooled Heat…

As Eddie celebrated a big win, he was jumped from behind by ‘The Olympic Gold Medallist’, and his Backlash challenger, Kurt Angle…!!

fQcZ8Xs.pngl62ei1A.jpg

An angry Kurt Angle locked Eddie in his ‘Ankle Lock’, and had to be pulled away by referees and officials… The announce team said they understand that Kurt wants to be the WWF Champion, but the two WWF guys shouldn’t be attacking each other like that… They should be worried about the WCW Invaders at their doors…!! Guerrero looked in real pain at the end of the show… throwing his WWF Title Match with Angle into doubt…!!

qVAY6Lw.jpg

Quick Results:

Steve Austin [def.] Razor Ramon

JBL [def.] Rey Mysterio

Steven Richards [def.] Test, Mr. Perfect and Val Venis

Malenko & Regal [def.] Marty Jannetty & Jerry Lynn

Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy & Shelton Benjamin [def.] The Bloodline (Rikishi, Haku & Umaga)

Eddie Guerrero [def.] Chris Jericho

Show Rating:

WCW HISTORY *by Togg*
|
SHOW HISTORY
|
CURRENT ROSTER
|
THE CHAMPIONS

DjPR75L.jpg

>

Champions Challenge:

Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko & William Regal [vs] The Bloodline (Rikishi, Haku & Umaga)

Chris Benoit & Tajiri [vs] The Bucks Of Youth w/ Shelton Benjamin

‘The Rocker’ Marty Jannetty w/ Jerry Lynn [vs] ‘The Next Big Thing’ Brock Lesnar w/ Heyman, Batista & JBL

‘The Real Deal’ D’Lo Brown [vs] Mr. Sexay w/ Mr. Perfect

Jushin Thunder Liger [vs] Jerry Lynn w/ Marty Jannetty

Non-Title Match:

Christian [vs] ‘Y2J’ Chris Jericho

Champions Challenge:

Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko & William Regal [vs] The Bloodline (Rikishi, Haku & Umaga)

‘The Rocker’ Marty Jannetty w/ Jerry Lynn [vs] ‘The Next Big Thing’ Brock Lesnar w/ Heyman, Batista & JBL

Non-Title Match:

Champions Challenge:

Non-Title Match:

Champions Challenge:

Non-Title Match:

I don't really know what to tell you here guys. Arlie has put a lot of work into switching the forums to this new home, and he's worked extremely hard (one his own by and large) to get it done...

I had absolutely no idea it was going to happen, and so I didn't prepare at all.

Unfortunately, diaries and other threads haven't transferred over well, or in some cases like this diary, at all. All of my previous works look absolutely terrible now, which is a shame. But this one, changing all the code in the way he suggests HERE is going to take me way too long for it to be worth it...

I've got the next 16 shows fully written up, including all the coding, and I don't think it'll look right. So I'll post what I have in the coming weeks, and then come up with a bit of a plan going forward.

Edited by The Lloyd